00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Stellinia just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Flash won't export a .swf

985 Views | 11 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Flash won't export a .swf 2006-09-08 20:21:57

So, Flash for some reason won't export .swf movies. It'll export everything else, but no .swf >:( This kinda important, I need to export the movie to check to see how it is working. I have restarted my computer, shut it down, uninstalled flash 2 times, everything I can think of.

Can anyone help me?

Response to Flash won't export a .swf 2006-09-08 20:24:07

Did you try File>Export?

Flash won't export a .swf

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to Flash won't export a .swf 2006-09-08 20:25:36

At 9/8/06 08:21 PM, Radioactive24 wrote: So, Flash for some reason won't export .swf movies. It'll export everything else, but no .swf >:( This kinda important, I need to export the movie to check to see how it is working. I have restarted my computer, shut it down, uninstalled flash 2 times, everything I can think of.

Can anyone help me?

Have you tried the Test Movie button?

Response to Flash won't export a .swf 2006-09-08 20:35:47

well, I was assuming that was implied that I had tried all the ways to export. It'll open up the "Exporting Movie" window, but it will slowly fill up. It won't fill up all the way. It'll shut early and then there will be no swf at all. It even ate the old swf of the movie I had. So yeas, i have tried to export every way also.

Response to Flash won't export a .swf 2006-09-08 20:54:33

I once had the same problem, I made some music fade out in one of my animations and Then I couldnt publish no matter what I did. It worked again once I removed the fade out and Ive never had any problems since.

did you change anything in the animation before it stopped working, maybe you could make a back up and try removing the last things you did just to see if it starts working.

If its in scenes, test publish each scene till you find the one that dosnt work.

Response to Flash won't export a .swf 2006-09-08 21:02:43

At 9/8/06 08:54 PM, SirHappy666 wrote: I once had the same problem, I made some music fade out in one of my animations and Then I couldnt publish no matter what I did. It worked again once I removed the fade out and Ive never had any problems since.

did you change anything in the animation before it stopped working, maybe you could make a back up and try removing the last things you did just to see if it starts working.

If its in scenes, test publish each scene till you find the one that dosnt work.

Honestly, it's been over 5 hours. I have no idea what the last thing I did was. And I haven't added any fades or anything. Pretty much all I had done though was combine a few parts (2), and then some motion tween/ alpha combo transitions. Then all of a sudden, it wouldn't export.

Response to Flash won't export a .swf 2006-09-08 21:25:24

youll just have to backup and Delete the tweens+ alpha combos first then test movie, then delete the 2 parts, hopefully it will work. maybe its a tween/fade in one of the parts or something. If its the same thing I had then youll have to narrow it down.

I dont know what else to suggest unless some one else has an Idea.

Response to Flash won't export a .swf 2006-09-08 21:31:36

i have a feeling you shouldnt delete anything, that would be a waste. try messing around with the export options.

Response to Flash won't export a .swf 2006-09-08 21:38:03

At 9/8/06 09:31 PM, DeInfierno wrote: i have a feeling you shouldnt delete anything, that would be a waste. try messing around with the export options.

I said backup and delete, so once he finds the problem he can just load up the backup and fix it.

Response to Flash won't export a .swf 2006-09-08 21:57:04

Well, I've discovered that it's JUST that movie that won't export. But Dammit, AFD5 needs to export. I'll take your advice and take out my tweens. Hopefully, that will work.

Response to Flash won't export a .swf 2006-09-08 22:06:20

Host the .fla and we can see if any of us can export :)

Only if you want it circulating, otherwise I'd just try what everyone else said.

wew

Response to Flash won't export a .swf 2006-09-08 22:07:02

try testing the movie