00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Yamusy just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

In Memory of Elle

38,839 Views | 317 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 17:28:06

At 8/3/06 05:09 PM, LordTrunks wrote:
Anyone who takes their own life deserves no sympathy, and just know that instead of flying around happily with angellic wings, she is being torn apart and put back together repeatedly in hell.

If this offends anyone, how can you feel sympathy for a girl that wrought death upon herself?

I feel so sorry for you, and I truly hope that as you grow older you find more compassion and understanding in your heart than what you seem to be capable of now.

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 17:30:48

Rest In Peace

I be down with Mozart mother fucker! I've been banging out jives since I was a dickworm

Slags and hoes.

Oh shit king kong what are you going

BBS Signature

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 17:31:26

At 8/3/06 05:28 PM, tigerkitty wrote: I feel so sorry for you, and I truly hope that as you grow older you find more compassion and understanding in your heart than what you seem to be capable of now.

Often it requires something of the sort to happen to people for them to give a little understanding.

Unfortunately, often they remain ignorant and judgemental nonetheless.

In this case though, I understand what he is saying, although I feel for her as well, as she must have not lived the most enjoyable of lives.

Fancy Signature

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 17:32:44

At 8/3/06 05:28 PM, tigerkitty wrote: At 8/3/06 05:09 PM, LordTrunks wrote:
Anyone who takes their own life deserves no sympathy, and just know that instead of flying around happily with angellic wings, she being torn apart ad put back together repatedly in hell.
I fel so sorry for you, and I truly hope that as you grow older you find more compassion and understanding in your heart than what you seem to be capable of now.

Seconded....
Nah really...
-.-Get some heart man -.-

Signatures are for sissy men

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 17:35:39

At 8/3/06 05:20 PM, milinko959 wrote: Honestly I'd rather watch Dendyn Dynasties. Sorry.

Exactly, thats just it! PEOPLE DON'T WANT TO WATCH IT! People go to newgrounds to be entertained, and to entertain other people with their work. Newgrounds is a community of flash and audio makers. Okay, now if newgrounds was some kind of memorial website, then shoot! Go for it. But its not. This girl (no offense to her), animates some angel prancing about and she immediately hits frontpage because of the people of Newgrounds "Emotion". Whereas an animator who has been working for weeks might not have got it because he didnt include a few words about some girl who didnt like her life so thought she would screw everyone she knows and loves up.

I couldnt beleive it when i saw the feedback from NGers... its pathetic that because this girl attatched some memory of a girl no one new to there flash, she gets some bigass score or wuteva. And to people saying "you didnt know her" etc - that can work both ways. She could have killed people lol. And the army dude who has seen people killed and found more emotion in an swf playing on this kind of website... Infact im not even gonna say anything.

Anyone who is all "omg this is so kwl ad touching i actuall cried" either knew the girl or more about her, or is emotionally.... i dont like to use the word weak, rather.... well just an emotional person. I cant atall see the fuss about it to be perfectly honest.

Despite all this, comments made by someone earlier about her being torn up in hell or something....thats taking it a bit too far. I have every respect to anyone involved (exept the girl who commited suicide which i dont know how i feel about her), and i would like to make this clear.

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 17:36:17

I think my review sums it up best.

I don't see what the heck everyone is getting so worked up about this film about. The graphics aren't that great at all. The animations were smooth, but the drawings are meh. This was boring and about some girl who I have no interest in learning about or wasting my time watching a flash movie about. I'm sorry, but this really isn't much better than any other run of the mill tribute flash I've seen. And what the heck was that weird penis thing in the bottom left corner???

S&Box, the gameĀ Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 17:38:40

At 8/3/06 05:31 PM, Tancrisism wrote:
In this case though, I understand what he is saying,

To judge, without knowing details, about something as serious as this, is not a practice that should be exercised in such a manner. There are many complexities surrounding something like this, things maybe no one but those lost know; and to assume you understand it all and can sum it up in such a way is heartbreaking.

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 17:40:13

I wasn't moved, but that's just me.

D:

Will assassinate for food

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 17:46:02

I do have a heart, as you can see, I actually feel really bad for those that she affected, and I respect that author and the flash as a way of mourning. I didn't leave an abusive review, and I felt sorry she died. I'm perfectly capable of caring, and I sometimes care a bit too much.
I just don't feel sorry for the actual person that took her own life (Elle). That is all I was saying.
Once again, I completely respect that flash (psychojake-whatever is a fucking fag) and that flash brought a tear to my eye. All I'm saying is that suicide is selfish, and I don't feel sorry for the girl. My sorrow is better directed towards those she most affected.

wew

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 17:47:01

At 8/3/06 05:42 PM, gumOnShoe wrote: I'd love to watch the movie, but unfortunatly it relies on javascript and I can't open the movie to watch due to my internet connection being aol, hence part of the reason why I havn't even deposited this summer let alone reviewed a movie. I saw part of it at work, no sound, and it looked alright, but I have a feeling that the music finishes it off. I hope in this site upgrade you fix that, similarly I can't view profile windows without visiting the url directly because it relies on javascript to open

Im running wirelessly off an aol connection and the javascript popups all work.... If your actually using the AOL interface/browser, then sign in to your aol, then open up IE...?

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 17:49:16

At 8/3/06 05:38 PM, tigerkitty wrote:
At 8/3/06 05:31 PM, Tancrisism wrote:
In this case though, I understand what he is saying,
To judge, without knowing details, about something as serious as this, is not a practice that should be exercised in such a manner. There are many complexities surrounding something like this, things maybe no one but those lost know; and to assume you understand it all and can sum it up in such a way is heartbreaking.

I agree completely.

I feel sorry for her and her family, and I wish that, from what I know, she had a better shot in the world.

I'm tired of all these douchebag judgemental religious fucks talking about how she won't rest in piece, going to hell, yada yada. There is no need for talk like that. Keep your skewed morals to yourselves, as you were never her, probably never even knew her, and have no business judging a situation like this.

Fancy Signature

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 17:50:16

That was beautiful.

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 17:53:28

At 8/3/06 05:31 PM, Tancrisism wrote: Often it requires something of the sort to happen to people for them to give a little understanding.

And you honestly think that my life has been perfect?
That person who animated the flash lost their friend.
My Mom up and went away without saying a god damn word. I'm not saying I'm really sorry that it happened, she just didn't give a shit about anyone other than herself. And now I'll never see her again, because she moved out of state I was in and I moved further away.

I'm not saying (at all) that this is even close to the same calibur as actually losing a dear friend, and even further away due to the fact that it was death by suicide That must have truly hurt everyone around her, but I got angry at the girl because she took her own life without thinking of the consquences.

I'm sorry if I appeared heartless. I really feel sorry for that person, just not sorry for Elle.

wew

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 17:57:41

At 8/3/06 05:53 PM, LordTrunks wrote: That must have truly hurt everyone around her, but I got angry at the girl because she took her own life without thinking of the consquences.

How do you know she "didn't think of the consequences," as you so put it? How do you know that she didn't honestly believe that if she left this world those around her would be better off? How do you know that she had not convinced herself that this world was not for her?

Suicide is more complex than I think you're willing to see it as.

I am not saying that you should cry over Elle, but do not judge her for a situation you know nothing about.

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 18:04:00

It was a good flash but I did not shed a tear. The internet has numbed all my emotions.
:( commiting suicide is so selfish, it causes the people around her so much greif. Feel sad for her freinds and family because all thier sorrow combined is ten times as much as whatever Elle felt.

Awesome post great job!

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 18:11:01

At 8/3/06 05:53 PM, LordTrunks wrote:
At 8/3/06 05:31 PM, Tancrisism wrote: Often it requires something of the sort to happen to people for them to give a little understanding
and even further away due to the fact that it was death by suicide That must have truly hurt everyone around her, but I got angry at the girl because she took her own life without thinking of the consquences.

I'm sorry if I appeared heartless. I really feel sorry for that person, just not sorry for Elle.

Maybe she lost her parents or somenthing and whent...EMO...Or maybe she had depression or anything.......
Yep newgrounds is a site for fun but sometimes whe just gotta think that that people just wanted to show how dearly her friend was...
i understand your point of view

Signatures are for sissy men

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 18:16:29

I'm sorry but am I the only person who wasn't quite "touched" by that?

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 18:28:03

At 8/3/06 05:53 PM, LordTrunks wrote: And you honestly think that my life has been perfect?

We have all been through things, friend. I never judged you or your life.

I am not saying that you should cry over Elle, but do not judge her for a situation you know nothing about.

Exactly.

Nothing as easy as it seems, unfortunatley.

A couple years ago I had a friend take his life, which made me think many things, and changed many of my opinions in various areas, so I know how it feels to an extent. I do not judge him, for if I were him, I might do the same thing. He had a rough time.

Unfortanately, the people that he left were also quite affected, especially his ex-girlfriend, who felt that she was to blame (though she wasn't, no one is in these cases but the person who does it).

It was quite an odd feeling though. I had just shaken his hand two days before he did it.

Fancy Signature

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 18:31:07

this is bullshit i mean why the fuck would she take her own life she dousnt know shit about being sad and lonely she actually had freinds you know the reason people commit suicide becuse there life is a living hell i only have had a glimpse of the pain that they go through allthough i have been bullied alot and yes i have said i was gonna kill myself but i never really ment it how could anyone do that ... anyway she is not an angel she will be going to hell..

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 18:46:53

At 8/3/06 06:31 PM, big_hunk wrote: this is bullshit i mean why the fuck would she take her own life she dousnt know shit about being sad and lonely she actually had freinds you know the reason people commit suicide becuse there life is a living hell i only have had a glimpse of the pain that they go through allthough i have been bullied alot and yes i have said i was gonna kill myself but i never really ment it how could anyone do that ... anyway she is not an angel she will be going to hell..

it's sad that a lot of people take this route. you may not know it, but making fun of emos or goths may seem just like harmless fun, but in reality, you are killing them. They are committing suicide by the things you say. To tell you the truth, it is you who have created these things out of ordinary people, and then cast them to the beast and killed them

when i say 'you' i am not referring to you specifically, but as in mankind....take no offense toward youself, but just note that we as humans have killed these off....

Hello, from the past!

[ PHP: Main ]

BBS Signature

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 18:53:53

Yeah, I saw that flash.

Unfortunately my cousin just died when he swerved off the side of a country road at 4 AM on Sunday, so to me, the death of this girl is quite unfortunate, but pales in comparison to what just hit my family. :'(

RIP

"In this world // We walk on the roof of hell, // Gazing at flowers." -- Issa

BBS Signature

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 18:57:55

Oh god that's touching.

But I'm not shedding any tears.. odd.

BBS Signature

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 18:58:41

Animation was good, I'll give it that. But would it have been good if it wasn't for that stupid song playing in the background?

At the end of the day, this girl decided that the world was soo soo bad that she had to end it all. What? Did she go to school and get get called a geek! And don't even give me that depression shit! What? She more than likely lived at home, was fed everyday, had no money worrys, probably hadn't had to have dealt with parents dying, hadn't had to worry about if she was going to get through school,coolege uni. Depression my arse. Think of kids growing up knowing they have cancer and they're going to die at the age of 17.

This ELLE person, yeah I feel sorry for her not because it's a sad story. But because it's a waste of a life, a life that other kids her age who are dying could have had.

Tut.

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 19:00:18

usually i dont like it when everyone goes all emos about someone who died but this chick, she was born on a 15 march like me so i guess she diserves my RIP

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 19:20:00

At 8/3/06 05:57 PM, tigerkitty wrote: How do you know she "didn't think of the consequences," as you so put it? How do you know that she didn't honestly believe that if she left this world those around her would be better off? How do you know that she had not convinced herself that this world was not for her?

That is exactly why I can't feel sympathy for those who take their own life. If they take a second, just a second, to realize what a caring life they've had, and all of the good times she had, then maybe she wouldn't have done it.
I know sometimes their situation is really, really bad, but I fail to understand why they convince themselves that killing themselves is actually the right thing to do.
The real reason why I feel this way is because my best friend, whom has been my best friend for years now, lost his older brother because his older brother felt that his life was worthless. I looked into it, and his brother didn't have it so bad. Actually, I'd trade places with him, because he was a very energetic kid and was a huge sports star. My friend still blames himself for his brother's death, and I hate seeing how suicide affects those involved. I didn't really know the kid that well, because he was much older than his brother (he was around 22) but I still saw how deep the wounds went with his loved ones.
It's a shame when people who don't have it as bad as most other countries like third-world, poor, starving nations with overpopulation take their own life. That's why, it just pains me to see that they couldn't open their eyes for just one second and not take their life.

I hate seeing other people screw up, and try to put myself as far away from it as I can. Sorry if I come across as heartless; these things affect me in strange ways.

Once again, sorry for snapping back at you guys like that, I just hate seeing how bad suicide can hurt those involved.

wew

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 19:22:55

At 8/3/06 05:09 PM, LordTrunks wrote: Alright, after seeing Lost_Chances post, I have lost all sorrow I've ever felt for "Elle".

You don't come off to me as offensive, you come off as an Impressionable tool. Way to go.

Twitter|Big Mean Flash Gamer| Art by John Dyer Baizley, sig by Shaun.

BBS Signature

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 19:30:36

At 8/3/06 07:22 PM, redface wrote:
At 8/3/06 05:09 PM, LordTrunks wrote: Alright, after seeing Lost_Chances post, I have lost all sorrow I've ever felt for "Elle".
You don't come off to me as offensive, you come off as an Impressionable tool. Way to go.

bullshit he just realized something and formed his opinion on it, unlike the other people who say "I shed a tear this so moving." while their eyes are as dry as sand everyone else in this thread is more impressionable than he is

You're not the main character.

BBS Signature

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 19:32:49

im sorry for the loss so she was in the army? i thought girls cant be in the army?

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 19:38:00

At 8/3/06 07:30 PM, _Ace_ wrote:
At 8/3/06 07:22 PM, redface wrote: You don't come off to me as offensive, you come off as an Impressionable tool. Way to go.
bullshit he just realized something and formed his opinion on it, unlike the other people who say "I shed a tear this so moving." while their eyes are as dry as sand

How the do you know that for sure, Mother Fucker?

He had an opinion, but as soon as someone else with a higher social standing came along, he conformed his opinion to theirs. That's what I call Impressionable, you heartless Faggot.

Twitter|Big Mean Flash Gamer| Art by John Dyer Baizley, sig by Shaun.

BBS Signature

Response to In Memory of Elle 2006-08-03 19:43:09

At 8/3/06 05:09 PM, LordTrunks wrote:
Anyone who takes their own life deserves no sympathy, and just know that instead of flying around happily with angellic wings, she is being torn apart and put back together repeatedly in hell.

In other words

"FUCK U I'M SHITTING ON HER GRAVE LOL"