00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

N0vasu just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Mac6 - July

33,420 Views | 504 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-07-30 11:23:40

At 7/30/06 06:33 AM, pitbulljones wrote: I'm confused mate, i submitted a song and i've had no confirmation whether i'm in or not. and i asked previously too. anyways RUCKLO!!!! I'm i in?

If you look at the update list at the top of this page, you will see that you are indeed in the contest.

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-07-30 13:07:59

At 7/30/06 11:23 AM, tedJohnston wrote:
At 7/30/06 06:33 AM, pitbulljones wrote: I'm confused mate, i submitted a song and i've had no confirmation whether i'm in or not. and i asked previously too. anyways RUCKLO!!!! I'm i in?
If you look at the update list at the top of this page, you will see that you are indeed in the contest.

That´s the only confirmation I give ^^

Anyway, I´m back in Sweden, and I got tons of things to do, as i´ve mentioned before. The MAC will be competed as planned though, no worries. What this means is that I will be online less then before, simply. My parents, whom i live with until i find a decent hole to move to, only have dial up :(

Gah this is so goddamn slow gneeerhhggg...

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-07-30 14:06:08

At 7/29/06 01:43 PM, Rucklo wrote: ALWAYS REMEMBER TO LINK TO YOUR SONG, with the correct song at the top of the page.

Oops I didnt do that and got the wrong song in the contest, sorry about that, I would like my song ~Strangers~ in the contest, not ~Alone~

http://www.newground..512691&sub=56643

Thx in advance (sorry for the PM too, probably should have read the rest of the post b4 i sent that)

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-07-30 14:32:29

At 7/30/06 11:23 AM, tedJohnston wrote:

ooooppps....My bad

MY ALBUMS ON SPOTIFY

Yes peeps, I have albums out, go listen.

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-07-30 18:01:35

hopefully, we'll have have out shit together next MAC-6

I vote for orchestra

I AM RAPPER ALYX I AM G EAZY I AM Z RO I AM THE KING OF THE GHETTO

ASK HOW

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-07-30 18:05:10

At 7/30/06 06:01 PM, AmeerThePrince wrote: hopefully, we'll have have out shit together next MAC-6

I vote for orchestra

We'll have our**

:'(

ASK HOW

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-07-31 01:51:42

It is...until I submit something new.

That means that you should probably wait till the contest is over before submitting lol

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-07-31 01:55:38

Holy shit!!!!! this is the last day =)

(I hope I do good)

^^ Good luck to EVERYONE!!!

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-07-31 02:24:25

At 7/31/06 01:51 AM, -OCON- wrote:
It is...until I submit something new.
That means that you should probably wait till the contest is over before submitting lol

No one can submit :'(

Good luck to everyone, hopefully you bribed rucklo with e-sex.

ASK HOW

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-07-31 02:46:37

At 7/31/06 02:24 AM, AmeerThePrince wrote: Good luck to everyone, hopefully you bribed rucklo with e-sex.

He likes phone sex better. Err ... not that I've ... tried bribing him with it ... or anything ... something ... yeah ...

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-07-31 07:53:40

right well, do we have the judges confirmed for this now? when's the day for the annoucement of the winner etc etc?

I wish good luck to everyone who has submitted to the contest, there is no winner or loser, only participents (yea rite XD). and Rucklo....remember....I LOVE YOU lol.

MY ALBUMS ON SPOTIFY

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-07-31 09:47:13

im glad the AP finally has a working Contest thread. its about time!

»» HouseMasta «« PM

HOUSEMASTER: "OHH FUK!!! TEH COMMUNITY CHEZZT FORCLOZD ON MA BEEEEEEF JEERRRKKEEE!!! j0 GOZ 2 JAYL!!!"

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-07-31 10:02:06

That's what happens when you have a reliable man such as Rucklo taking care of things. ;)

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-07-31 10:50:35

At 7/31/06 10:02 AM, nightvision wrote: That's what happens when you have a reliable man such as Rucklo taking care of things. ;)

Indeed =)

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-07-31 11:03:43

Rucklo is just fucking ace isn't boys and girls. shotgun on the bumsecks.

i think it's a case of having someone who is respected among the community here, actually thinking out a competition prior to actually posting it. having someone like ruclo running the show gives the users confidence in posting and knowing tht the competition will reach fruition. if a noob tried doing this, say i tried doing it, i don't think it'd have been half as successful and would have probably dropped into the depths of the AF time ago.

MY ALBUMS ON SPOTIFY

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-07-31 12:48:12

wow, i guess its time for everyone to suck up to ruclo huh?

Im god, fucking deal with it!

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-07-31 13:14:47

now now people, the REAL test of faith begins when judging occurs. Every contest ran by everybody did well until judging began, after which judging peoples disappeared or suddenly became inactive for several weeks.

With so many songs, we're going to need a LOT of dedicated judges, and so we will have to see just how succesful we can be.

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-07-31 13:42:32

Awww... Thanx alot guys!! :`)

Honestly, that was exactly what I needed to hear; I´m sitting here on my parents god damn dial up, and felt a little miserable since it´s making things slightly more difficult with hte contest, but I´m gonna shut this old fart-comp down and power up my good ol´ lappie and finnish up the last few details (as well as getting up the second MAC :)

As it looks right now, I´ll contact the judges in a few hours of what final rules will apply. We are quite short on judges (well, not short really... there´s just a shitload of contestants:) so this is going to be a tough one for the judges. If it gets too tough, i´ll join up in judging myself. I hope this won´t be nessecary, since i am, like earlier mentioned, on a dial-up. (however, i can get hold of a fast connection at the local library, but not until tomorrow...).

For everyone who changed their submission, check the next updated list so that everything is in order. Next list should be up within the next 24 hours (i wont call it "final" until ive sent out submissions to the judges).
I hope to have sent all submission to the judges 1 aug, but it might be delayed to the 2:nd. :(

Anyway, off to work I go :)

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-07-31 15:57:59

cant wait! thanks for the update!

»» HouseMasta «« PM

HOUSEMASTER: "OHH FUK!!! TEH COMMUNITY CHEZZT FORCLOZD ON MA BEEEEEEF JEERRRKKEEE!!! j0 GOZ 2 JAYL!!!"

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-07-31 19:00:40

I hope this does go well all the way through =)

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-07-31 22:42:51

Rucklo, can you give me a rough idea of how many judges there are in total?

Another thing as well, how many judges will judge on one song, or is it one judge per song.

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-08-01 07:05:09

Okey people, CONTEST ENTRY IS CLOSED, but reading this news post, there won´t be anything coming in too late anyway i guess :)

Well, the judges are all set, we have eight of them (unless someone bailed, oh horrible thought :(

I have PM´ed each and everyone of the judges with the rules, and basicly it´s looking like this;

Judgement

- A short review.
- A score from 0-10.

Like earlier mentioned, the "cross judging system" will be used, meaning each song will have more than one judge on their entry. It has all been explained on page 8 in this thread 8scroll down a little).

I have now gathered all contestants, and will give you people 10-20 hours to confirm everything is in order with the link to your song, name, genre and all that.
There will be no further changes to your submission, unless you wish to withdraw :(

Sometime during 2:nd of august i will split out contest entries according to the "x-judge principle", and then its up to the judges :)

They (the judges) will send me back the score of each song theyve judged only, and ill add all scores and divide on the amount of judges that have set the score.

I will announce who the judges are in the same post as I announce the winner, so they remain hidden (oh, so secret and exciting:) until that point.
After that, each judge will post their score+reviews of the songs they´ve judged.

Remember to suck up to the judges later on when the scores are settled ;)

This may take a few days, and I hope Metalcan have the sig ready until then :)
When everything is settled, i will make a new MAC PM and announce the MAC6 - Aug as soon as it´s completed.

Righty oh, Heres the list of all 34 submissions then;

Darkkloud - Misantropia
Heavy Metal-Black Death

Dj_Fanta5t1c - Bass Force (Short Mix)
Techno

Syntrus - bannerama
Trance

Deflektor76 - Contest song
Classical

MusicalRocky - Introduction, Rondo et Scherzo
Classical

Metaljonus - Forbidden Love-Metaljonus
Miscellaneous

-OCON- - Crying for Love (Remix)
Trance

Love_Hate_War - Broken Wings Part 1
Heavy Metal - Metal

SoulStrings - _-/|While Heaven Burns
Classical

nightvision - Each Step
Trance

AmeerThePrince - Real Folk Blues
Blues

Watercolour - Cocaine
Ambient - IDM, ambient, industrial

Grumbleduke - Dryad Whispers
Classical

Simon_F - Ballade no.1 in F minor
Classical

Kaija - Pajaros
Ambient

VegetarianMeat - Peaceful Crimson
Ambient

cat_bastards - Diarrhea Of Death
Heavy Metal

DarKsidE_555 - *+ *...Frozen...*+ *
Heavy Metal - Metal

Realmguys - Star Stealing Girl CC
Video Game

§Arbiter§ - Dark Winds
Classical

AdmiralConquistador - Beyond Repair
House

dj_padman - Berzerker
Drum N Bass

PedroMancuso - The Nasty Nice Fairy
Miscellaneous - experi-mental

Haiasi - Dark Heaven
Techno - Trance

HouseMasta - || TranceMasta ||
Trance

-Steve- - (\/) <Impossible> (\/)
New Wave

tedJohnston - Valiant X
Video Game

Flashburn - Enigma
Dance

Dark6 - Grind
Trance

Mozart_101 - .:_Fear_:.
Classical

pitbulljones - There is Faith in Hope
Indie

Noe3 - ~Strangers~
Trance

MusicalOdyssey - The Final Warrior - XG Version
Trance

WinTang - Final Fantasy 3: Narshe
Video Game

General_Leo - Ice Temple
Miscellaneous

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-08-01 13:35:53

comfirmed, im all good. good luck guys

Im god, fucking deal with it!

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-08-01 14:02:07

I got in the top 5, hopefully that helps :)

ASK HOW

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-08-01 15:28:06

mines all good kid, go knock yourself out.

MY ALBUMS ON SPOTIFY

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-08-01 15:36:16

At 8/1/06 03:28 PM, pitbulljones wrote: mines all good kid, go knock yourself out.

DONKEYPUNCH! :D

I just had to XD

I are pwnan teh lollbarian!

...SoS - We rape responsibly...

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-08-01 15:55:38

At 8/1/06 07:05 AM, Rucklo wrote: Righty oh, Heres the list of all 34 submissions then;

Euh, I mean 35 submissions :)

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-08-01 16:34:32

Very well, i'm confirming mine as well... and good luck to everybody for this MAC.

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-08-01 17:58:06

affirmative

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-08-02 03:00:11

looks like u guys have a lot of work to do.

Keeping it real with fake computer music since 2006

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature