00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KI1 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Audio Portal Uploads

11,879 Views | 110 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Audio Portal Uploads 2006-07-30 15:17:52

We're running out of space on the drive that houses the Audio Portal. This isn't something that will affect you visiting the Audio Portal, leaving reviews, etc, but it does mean that we're not able to accept new submissions at the moment.

We could allocate more space to the Audio Portal as an interim measure, but Tim will be replacing what's currently the fileserver with the Netapp 3020 this week, which would kick any downtime and changes as a result of a temporary fix into redundancy.

Once the Netapp is in place, there should be no future problems with storage capacity, because that thing is a beast. Apologies for the inconvenience this causes audio artists.

Response to Audio Portal Uploads 2006-07-30 15:19:43

Wow, Newgrounds running out of space? I never thought that would happen. I hope you get it fixed soon James, I just got a new mixer program and I've been experimenting with it. Can the same thing happen to the flash portal? Or is it a bigger server?

I'm your average Afro-American fetus. For example: I enjoy basketball, I'm rather good when I play too, but I'm much too busy scratching my horrific cracked skin these days.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Uploads 2006-07-30 15:21:28

Just out of curiosity, what is the space limit for something as huge as the Audio Portal? O_O

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Uploads 2006-07-30 15:22:01

At 7/30/06 03:19 PM, dave wrote: Wow, Newgrounds running out of space?

I think it's actually a good thing. Minus the money needed to add more storage, it means that NG is growing rapidly if they're actually running out of disk space on those hosses they call servers.

I'm glad NG is growing, and I'm especially glad to see more traffic in the Audio Portal.

Merkd.com - It Pays to Play

Earn real money by betting and investing; or, sponsor, challenge, compete,

recruit, communicate, network, earn money playing games, and much more.

Response to Audio Portal Uploads 2006-07-30 15:22:12

Sounds hot. You have my permission.

Response to Audio Portal Uploads 2006-07-30 15:22:32

Never though id here that NG ran out of space...
Can the same thing happen to the flash portal, or is that allocated more space, as its a bigger part of the site etc.
Thanks for the heads up by the way.

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Uploads 2006-07-30 15:23:06

Aw, aw shit. I hope this doesn't happen with the flash portal :O

I know Newgrounds didn't have, UNLIMITED space, I just never thought it would ever actually happen.

Response to Audio Portal Uploads 2006-07-30 15:26:37

I've never actually been to the audio portal (besides briefly looking at it) before.
So is there an under judgement phase for audio or can anyone just submit any non-stolen shitty file and have it saved to NG?

Response to Audio Portal Uploads 2006-07-30 15:39:00

At least we can still view current submissions. Be thankful.

Any chance of an estimated time until we can upload?

Response to Audio Portal Uploads 2006-07-30 15:42:30

oh damn :( no new submissions :'

The names Food, WillPostForFood.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Uploads 2006-07-30 15:43:02

the AP isn't exactly a giant part of my NG life, but it's still a cool addition to Newgrounds and i did surf around there at one time, downloading songs I liked.
This was mainly because I was collecting B/P points at the time and saw the links from flashes, but meh, the Audio portal is awesome, and it's heralded an upgrade for all of Newgrounds.
I still wish it would become a bigger part of this site, e.g. Exp points.

Nevertheless, Good news! :)

I hardly ever come here anymore....

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Uploads 2006-07-30 15:43:31

You know, I was JUST abotu to post my first audio entry when this came up. I was maybe 2 minutes too late. No big deal though, as long as servers are being upgraded. That's always a necessity

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Uploads 2006-07-30 15:47:51

At 7/30/06 03:43 PM, wizardman wrote: You know, I was JUST abotu to post my first audio entry when this came up. I was maybe 2 minutes too late. No big deal though, as long as servers are being upgraded. That's always a necessity

Haha, same here.

Response to Audio Portal Uploads 2006-07-30 15:48:12

We'll get a fucking swarm of AP entries then :O

Egotist, n. A person of low taste, more interested in himself than in me.

-Ambrose Bierce

"This sig, is fucking cool."

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Uploads 2006-07-30 15:48:14

I would have never thought that NG would run out of file space. But It has started to.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Uploads 2006-07-30 15:51:18

Wow, out of intrest, how many MB does the audio portal take up so far alltogehter?

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Uploads 2006-07-30 15:53:21

Oh, liljim, dude. Whilst you're here I need to ask you something...
About a week ago, I tried to submit a song, and it said I was banned. I was litteraly staring at my screen for a few minutes. So I was wondering if you could help me in my plight... In the two or so years i've been on NG, i've never tried submitting anything to the audio portal atall, so I was wondering if you could help me, or tell me why I have been banned. I'm kinda upset because I was hoping to get it on.

Thanks, squire.

Scumbag Blues.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Uploads 2006-07-30 15:55:47

oh well, in a week it'll be fixed.....................right?

Hello, from the past!

[ PHP: Main ]

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Uploads 2006-07-30 16:28:06

That sucks. Good thing it's only temporary. Are you deleting some submissions to make room?

Response to Audio Portal Uploads 2006-07-30 16:28:50

Newgrounds running out of space for the Audio Portal? Newgrounds running out of space for anything? Holy shit! But the new bastard sounds great! :)

Response to Audio Portal Uploads 2006-07-30 16:46:08

What the? For real? I thought NG was infinity :(

Response to Audio Portal Uploads 2006-07-30 16:51:28

shit man!!!! i've got tunes that im working on as we speak and now i cant upload. damn man are we that neglected on the AF? nah i understand what you're saying, the AP does take up alot of shit, if you ever get the chance you should visit the AF have a look at ideas for the audio portal thread. a b/p system would really help. as everything thats uploaded is kept even if it is truly dire, we're also not about loops anymore, we make proper songs, thats maybe part of the problem. anyways thanks for letting us know.

when this new server comes up do we also start to see the implementation of the new tings to the AP too?

MY ALBUMS ON SPOTIFY

Yes peeps, I have albums out, go listen.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Uploads 2006-07-30 16:59:49

I don't want fileservers to be beasts. I dont want them eating my files :(

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Uploads 2006-07-30 17:21:56

At 7/30/06 03:53 PM, DeadPixels wrote: Oh, liljim, dude. Whilst you're here I need to ask you something...
About a week ago, I tried to submit a song, and it said I was banned. I was litteraly staring at my screen for a few minutes. So I was wondering if you could help me in my plight... In the two or so years i've been on NG, i've never tried submitting anything to the audio portal atall, so I was wondering if you could help me, or tell me why I have been banned. I'm kinda upset because I was hoping to get it on.

Thanks, squire.

I got my first submission in only a few hours before all this happened. This is my alternate account, but on my main account I experienced the "BANNED!?" dillema a few minutes later. I've emailed Wade asking him the same questions and I hope it just has something to do with the fact that the Audio Portal is down, because I definitely want to start submitting my music.

Response to Audio Portal Uploads 2006-07-30 17:26:33

Sounds like... not a problem!

You could really go for a chocolate chip cookie right about now...

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Uploads 2006-07-30 17:30:17

At 7/30/06 03:22 PM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: Never though id here that NG ran out of space...
Can the same thing happen to the flash portal, or is that allocated more space, as its a bigger part of the site etc.
Thanks for the heads up by the way.

Most audio uploaded to NG is averaged 1-2MB, compared to Flash that's averaged like 500kb.

Response to Audio Portal Uploads 2006-07-30 17:34:11

*googs Netapp 3020*

50 - 84 TB! OMG-!!

That's over 50 million minutes of MP3 full cap..

Uggg... **drools**

Response to Audio Portal Uploads 2006-07-30 17:47:55

OH NOEZ! : O

Hope you guys can fix the problem. : (

We audio artist have to suffer as always, damn! XD

I are pwnan teh lollbarian!

...SoS - We rape responsibly...

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Uploads 2006-07-30 17:53:11

The Netapp 3020 with 50TB of storage? O_o
That, no doubt, is a beast.

Response to Audio Portal Uploads 2006-07-30 18:22:41

At 7/30/06 03:17 PM, liljim wrote: Once the Netapp is in place, there should be no future problems with storage capacity, because that thing is a beast.

Any information on the Netapp? =)