00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Greaze01 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Mac6 - July

33,551 Views | 504 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-08-09 18:16:06

At 8/9/06 06:12 PM, Watercolour wrote: Wtf is going on here?

DO I GET PENOR?

dunno what PENOR is, not down with the young peoples street talk. gratz anyway on the MAC.

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-08-09 18:32:03

At 8/9/06 06:16 PM, PedroMancuso wrote:
At 8/9/06 06:12 PM, Watercolour wrote: Wtf is going on here?

DO I GET PENOR?
dunno what PENOR is, not down with the young peoples street talk. gratz anyway on the MAC.

Thanks, and there's your answer.

http://www.urbandict..p?term=penor&r=d

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-08-09 18:41:23

At 8/9/06 06:32 PM, Watercolour wrote:
Thanks, and there's your answer.

http://www.urbandict..p?term=penor&r=d

there u go, it's official, i ain't l33t, my suspicions have been confirmed

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-08-09 18:54:08

Congrats Water!

We'll have to engage in a steamy forgey later to celebrate.

Report Songs|Submit Ideas|How Erkie reviews|

94% of posts made in AF since 2005

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-08-09 19:53:20

Sweet, came back from camping, I honestly didn't think i'd get 3'rd place. Still, congrats WaterColour!

Long may you create.

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-08-09 20:18:17

I'm just happy that I get a sig to draw penors on.

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-08-09 20:22:19

I guess i gotta adopt that sig i am not happy about adopting it but i will. don't draw penors on it wuts your problem?

Keeping it real with fake computer music since 2006

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-08-09 20:27:59

Want me to draw penors on yours? :) I'm not doing this next contest, too busy with other music. But I'll be sure to participate in September's. If we still keep up this monthly basis.

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-08-09 20:29:32

At 8/9/06 08:27 PM, Watercolour wrote: Want me to draw penors on yours? :) I'm not doing this next contest, too busy with other music. But I'll be sure to participate in September's. If we still keep up this monthly basis.

i think i'll join the august one right now i doubt i will win though.

Keeping it real with fake computer music since 2006

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-08-09 21:38:42

Yo watercolour, nice p3n0rs... I suggest you contact Metalcan, who made the sig-pic asap.
you´ll find his e.mail in his profile.. and if not (i havent checked:) PM me and ill hand it out. Or wtf, PM Metalcan Z:(

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-08-09 22:03:34

At 8/9/06 04:44 PM, General_Leo wrote: Now onto trying to review all 34 other participants.

Done and done... that sure has taken a little while. I've heard all of the submissions and i was pretty pleased with what i heard. Some were ok some were good and some were just plain awesome!

P3n0r P3n0r Wat3rc0l0r .... 1337
Nah this elite speak sucks.

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-08-10 07:41:19

Wazza!

MusicalOdyssey - The Final Warrior - XG Version
Trance
Originality: I've heard a melody very close to it, but either way, it's a very nice adaption. The song used some very cliche trance parts to it, but was otherwise very unique.

Clarity: The sound cuts out after certain notes, which is very distracting, but it otherwise nicely mixed.

Diversity: Except for the beginning, which wasn't the best, this song had lots to it, and it's really good considering how long this song is stretched out.

Effort: There could be so much more done to ensure that the song doesn't distract too much because of it's flaws, but obviously, you took a good amount of time trying to configure this song to a substantial time!

Feeling: Some parts seemed extremely bland, while others really rocked out hard with amazing feeling through transitions among other things.

Good effort, keep working at it!

Mozart_101 - .:_Fear_:.
Classical
Originality: I've heard pieces like this before, but by adding an orchestral feel, it's so engaging. It has climax elements that I've never heard before. Though short, this contains lots of great material in it.

Clarity: Nice job! Everything is heard, even in the extremely chaotic parts!

Diversity: Unfourtunately, this was kinda too short to see an extremely startling feeling, but either way, this contains a good amount of diversity within this piece. The only thing missing seems to be a high pitched feeling that would make you shiver in your seat.

Effort: You definitely put a lot into this, seeing that you got help from those that you know have much musical knowledge. You took the time to add a lot of detail. Wow!

Feeling: It's almost there! It seriously struck fear into my heart towards the end of the song. You can't hide from it, so face it, you must! Coolness!

Amazing work!

Flashburn - Enigma
Dance
Originality: It's a little trancey cliche at the beginning, but then it's like you mix goa techno with trance, and you just stand back in awe and say, "Wow!"

Clarity: Things seemed to get slightly too loud at times, but I guess that's the point of dance, shout it out loud! Try to keep it from being too distracting though, sometimes it gets so loud, that musical quality is sacrificed.

Diversity: You've got a lot of great build-ins and spices everywhere, the mix is sweet. One can't stop thinking about it.

Effort: Lots of detail, but it seems the talent is a little short ending, like your ideas could be extended just a little further.

Feeling: It almost made me jump out of my seat, but then it lost it's feeling when the drums kicked out for too long, that was the buildup that ruined in, at 1:23. You kicked the drums out, and that was okay, but it was out there for an extremely long time, and that's a key build right there.

-Really solid piece, just a couple of minor setbacks from letting this be a masterpiece!

HouseMasta - || TranceMasta ||
Trance
Originality: This is definitely different from the norm that artists usually set. This song bursts forth with a new life never thought possible.

Clarity: Everything was heard, nice job!

Diversity: Lots of great instruments, though the only problem is that it's slightly repetitive, and making it short ruined that as well whenever you got it going nicely, it just stopped.

Effort: You took a lot of time to add a lot of great percussion details, among other instrumentational fixes that were pretty cool to listen to. Though slightly repetitive, you're still able to change it up a little bit.

Feeling: Solid feeling in the piece, though the percussion is a downfall, because although it's very detailed, it's also a little too choppy, and that makes the song lose it's feeling until there is a solid beat in place.

Keep working at it, your getting better!

dj_padman - Berzerker
Drum N Bass
Originality: This is a different dark than I'm used to. It's like, dark, but more of a hardcore DnB mixed with dark and a battle feeling as well. Very spacey!

Clarity: I though all was lost when the chaos came, but I was tricked. You made this extremely proffesionally!

Diversity: Even within this short piece, you mixed it up big time. Your short buildups came in a big roll due to the power it had, punching itself back into reality. The instrumetals were truely out of this world!

Effort: There's something missing, like a small melody. Nothing big, but just a riff that can intrude and make the song burst out a slightly different message that would impress many.

Feeling: Even with the numerous glitches, this song kept going and going with force. The excitment didn't stop very easily, it was just awesome!

Superior piece!

§Arbiter§ - Dark Winds
Classical
Originality: Sounded very much like a WW2 theme of some sort, but it was twisted around a bit.

Clarity: There was an instrument in there that made the song feel a little underproduced due to it's musical tone and quality, but besides that, this was very nice!

Diversity: It wasn't the same thing the whole time. It wasn't all one thing, but you mixed it up by placing a small instrumental break in between the normal theme.

Effort: Now all that you need are some booming guns and cannons and the sort in the backround of the song, and your set : )

Feeling: The WW2 theme is done nicely! It's like the battle is about to begin, but there's some hesitation in there. The soldiers question their authority to even do this. But someone stupid enough sets off the first fire, and it begins and ends just as fast.
Feeling: 10/10
Overall: 9.2
Nice job! Keep at it, this song is almost at it's zenith!

I'll send out the rest of the reviews I made later today!

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-08-10 11:44:02

Harsh bastard.

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-08-10 11:50:18

At 8/10/06 11:44 AM, WinTang wrote: Harsh bastard.

I believe you'll do alot better this time though.
I kinda liked both tracks, but the august one is really great.

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-08-10 13:25:10

Hehe, thanks :)
It was a joke btw.

Halfway done reviewing all the July entries now, lucky I review on a regular basis so I'd done a bunch already. I'm doing my best not to half-ass them :)

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-08-10 16:59:19

cat_bastards - Diarrhea Of Death
Heavy Metal
Originality: I love how you've got a grundge and classical rock feeling along with african influences, and you stir the pot to get something awesome. And then you even transfer to the heavy metal part.

Clarity: Everything was mixed nicely, though the farts were a little too obstruding into the song.

Diversity: Alot of great influences. Some of the electronic synths felt a little too generic though, and that didn't have a good impact on the song. The actual guitar, drums, and the sort were more enjoyable.

Effort: You put a lot of good time into this song!

Feeling: It had a Tony Hawk video game soundtrack feel to it. That's usually like a lot! The ending was a bummer 'cause you've got this nice guitar ending, but no drums with it. It dyed without any glory.

Keep at it, you're doing a solid job so far, but you're not all the way there.

Simon_F - Ballade no.1 in F minor
Classical
Originality: Putting the musical genre aside, this was very original, and it broke the norm of what I would usually see in a piece like this.

Clarity: At first I was like, "yeah right, quality is bad," but then it got extremely loud and blew me out of my seat! Sorry man, this was probably your downfall on this piece.

Diversity: For just piano, you certainly packed in a lot! Great transitions, great and masterful playing, it was very nice!

Effort: All you need to fix is the loud parts, it's too loud.

Feeling: The 6:12 time helped yah, but this contains a lot of unboring feeling. From energetic to depressed, this shows great talent to be able to fit this much emotion into a song with only piano.

Nice!

Watercolour - Cocaine
Ambient - IDM, ambient, industrial

This was the piece I thought was the most inventive/creative!

Originality: A strange piece you have here. To put in so many genres together to get the piece you wanted is always smiled upon : )

Clarity: You've got a couple of distracted sounds that break the barrier of the sound too much. Blips that comes out too loud aren't very nice to the song, it kinda worsenes the song. I know it's probably because you're trying to create a certain mood/feeling, but it's too musically bad to be doing that.

Diversity: You switch it up so much that the song it probably never doing the same thing twice, if so, then not after twice. Sweet job mixing it up!

Effort: I'm not sure there is too much else you can do. Definitely fix up the boo boos in your clarity.

Feeling: This is different, but a good different at that. I guess this is what cocaine is like, but I won't try it just to see. (Smokes cocaine, and all the sudden, this song starts playing, lol). Good on yah, this is probably one of the more outgoing pieces.

Sweetness!!!

SoulStrings - _-/|While Heaven Burns
Classical
Originality: Good apocalyptic feeling. Kinda like soundtrack music, like you said.

Clarity: Nice job, everything is heard fine!

Diversity: The instrumental choice is great for the most part, except there's one instrument that doesn't do any go for the song, but that's more in feeling. Great transitioning as well!

Effort: As soon as this is a full track, it will be insane

Feeling: In the beginning, that feeling is awesome. You captured what you wanted perfectly. I'll add half a point for such great display! But at 0:42, you lose that fast paced feeling with the organ sound. The power you once had is lost. Maybe if you make the melody chord based, then it'll have a little more volume, but more importantely, more voices to keep the power going through that part.

Great job! This piece is almost there!

Metaljonus - Forbidden Love-Metaljonus

This was my favorite entry in the competition!

Miscellaneous
Originality: It's got a Boston feel to the song in it's whole. Very nice guitar!

Clarity: Very nicely done!

Diversity: The use of the guitars is amazing, but just a little too repetitive. The backround pad is the perfect choice to back that kinda of guitar. It goes from peaceful to a really nice guitar, rockin' area of the song. Reminds me the older classics.

Effort: Except for the repetitiveness, it's got lots of effort!

Feeling; Very nice! You made it easy to remember, easy to relate to, and just powerful! Wow!

An extremely proffesional piece, and very much under-rated. Superior job!

Deflektor76 - Contest song
Classical
Originality: A suite, eh? That in itself is original. You use a couple of good musical styles as well. Your japanese influences on the first piece make it feel much like The Elder Scrolls 3 game.

Clarity: Nice!!!

Diversity: Some instruments seemed slightly generic, but otherwise, it's very nicely done. There's also that medival feel helping along the song in different portions.

Effort: To make 3 different pieces as a suite, now that's some good effort!

Feeling: It's kinda bland to be honest. It's there, but it doesn't move you at all. Usually, these songs spark ideas, but doesn't seem to do that as well. Maybe influences, but not good feeling.

You're on the right track, keep working on the mood of the song though, that's your weak point at the moment.

Darkkloud - Misantropia
Heavy Metal-Black Death
Originality: Certainly the norm of heavy metal. The beginning was almost too generic. Great playing, but just not too inventive.

Clarity: Poor. Too much distortion, the screaming sounds bad, this isn't very good hear at all.

Diversity: It started alright in the beginning, but all it became was random sounds. No other instrumentation. The drums sometimes don't even match up with the guitar, and the same with the bass.

Effort: You could have done a lot better than this. Just keep working at it. Work at it until you know there isn't a problem with it.

Feeling: All it is showing is random angriness. Nothing more.

I know you can do better, just dig into the goodness! You'll get better, just keep at it : )

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-08-10 18:59:31

At 8/10/06 05:59 PM, Deflektor76 wrote: I love you,SuperDrummer!

Thanks man! I think you're awesome too! Go check my muzik now since I reviewed you > : (

XD, lol, just kidding, do whatever you want. I had fun just reviewing : )

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-08-12 06:19:06

Thank you for the kind words SuperDrummer. :)

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-08-12 07:56:20

At 8/12/06 06:19 AM, Metaljonus wrote: Thank you for the kind words SuperDrummer. :)

No problem, I seriously think your song rocked. I'll go review your song right away, okay?

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-08-12 08:06:26

At 8/12/06 07:56 AM, SuperDrummer146 wrote:
At 8/12/06 06:19 AM, Metaljonus wrote: Thank you for the kind words SuperDrummer. :)
No problem, I seriously think your song rocked. I'll go review your song right away, okay?

Thanks man. Just copy and paste the review you already typed lol Also check out my other originals everyone like the VG covers more but meh what ya gunna do.

-Jon

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-08-12 10:55:53

Yeah that sucks... people want to hear what they already know. Being an artist is loneleh...

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-08-14 03:07:52

What about the rest of the jugdes? Where are their statements?

I wanna know who gave me a friggin 6 and why! >:(

I are pwnan teh lollbarian!

...SoS - We rape responsibly...

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-08-14 07:20:49

At 8/10/06 07:41 AM, SuperDrummer146 wrote: Feeling: 10/10

Aw man! I didn't meant to release any scores...oh well, that's not the real one : )

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-08-14 07:54:51

At 8/14/06 07:20 AM, SuperDrummer146 wrote:
At 8/10/06 07:41 AM, SuperDrummer146 wrote: Feeling: 10/10
Aw man! I didn't meant to release any scores...oh well, that's not the real one : )

The real one is actually 9, gecko gave 8, KingBastard gave 7.
I'm pleased with my scores, but I dislike the fact that some of that 7 was because he thought my stuff was remixes.

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-08-14 10:16:42

Yes!! I finally reviewed them all!!
Check em out, I really put a lot of effort in them.

fuckers