00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Johndewey just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New Sticky On Ng For Voice Acting

3,162 Views | 44 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

New Sticky On Ng For Voice Acting 2006-07-17 00:28:58

This is getting pretty frustrating. Every time I see someone posts a seperate thread saying "I NEED VOICE ACTORS!" and not see any other posts on any other forum, I die a little inside. It's really stupid. Voice actors are a big part of Newgrounds, because a lot of animators need voice actors. A lot of animators are in the dark as far as voice actors go.

What I'm suggesting is having a seperate sticky (or whatever it's called) at the top of the audio forum, or the flash forum, that has links to a lot of voice acting things, such as recording programs(Audacity, Speakonia, etc), links to Voice Acting forums (Such as the Voice Acting Club and the Voice Acting Alliance). That should greatly help the animators, and will make this forum more organized.

I was going to PM a mod or something, but they would probably ignore a PM, and I don't know who else to tell this to, so I'm just throwing it out there. Anyone else think this is a good idea. I would help giving links to different stuff.

Response to New Sticky On Ng For Voice Acting 2006-07-17 00:43:34

I concur, I had proposed something like this along the same lines, but it simply got shot down by the Voice Acting community for perplexing reasons.

If anything is to be integrated with the audio forum, that is opening it's door beyond musicians, that becomes quite a dangerous concept considering how much argument there is behind the work needed to fix/replace/add/remove the AP and the AF combined.

Report Songs|Submit Ideas|How Erkie reviews|

94% of posts made in AF since 2005

BBS Signature

Response to New Sticky On Ng For Voice Acting 2006-07-17 01:02:26

I'm not a flash producer, but I can definitely tell that this is a very plausible suggestion. Flash users don't have enough options for voice actors anyhow, let alone an organized sticky to help them out. Great thinking, I hope this gets thread the attention it deserves.

Response to New Sticky On Ng For Voice Acting 2006-07-17 01:05:07

Well, it's kind of hard to decide which one to put this in. Some say voice acting goes in the flash, because it has nothing to do with the audio portal, which is what the audio forum is for. Others say that it belongs in the audio because it has to do with non-flash topics, just voice, which would be considered audio. If this goes through, we will finally find out which forum this goes in.

Response to New Sticky On Ng For Voice Acting 2006-07-17 01:47:41

It would work becase the audio forum can become voice actor related, thus, making it NG Audio Related, rather then closed off to just musicians:

1. The AF deals in the AP: the AP deals in "resources for flash artists". Voice Actors are and will inevitably become apart of that mission. That means voice actors are not just Audio Related, but NG Audio Related. They have a right to be in the AF.

There you have it, an AF Reg debunked the myth. Sub Points:

A. It can more then handle the traffic, in fact, we need traffic all the time. If Flash artists will be pursuing voice actors, they might just also need music. It would be common sense to pair the two together so the flasher has less to look for and more garden variety results to pick from.
B. AF Regs have to handle technical help everyday in regards to music, the procedures we have to take are very similiar to those taken in the Voice Acting club.

Although it will take some more analyzing, I can more then do that for you, and you can propose it to the mods/admins. I'm implying that the Voice Actors could move their flagships right here to the AF. The only thing we'd have to work on is, the work ethic. How we'd co-exist.

BBS Signature

Response to New Sticky On Ng For Voice Acting 2006-07-17 01:54:03

i agree that the voice actors should be included here, because in case noon new this, voices are audio.its just like ocopello singing(please excuse my spelling).myslef, being a musician and a voice actor would love if that were incorperated into the AF

Im god, fucking deal with it!

BBS Signature

Response to New Sticky On Ng For Voice Acting 2006-07-17 02:36:33

You're absolutely right darkkloud, but that good point was brought up by Erkie in the last post. I agree with both of you that voice should be considered part of the Audio Forum.

Could someone PM Wade about this idea? Something tells me simply leaving this thread to discussion won't justify the presence of admin, somebody should take the initiative to contact them formally.

Response to New Sticky On Ng For Voice Acting 2006-07-17 04:11:47

I do not think that voice acting should have an own sticky the way the AF looks right now, however, i belive that VA should get a part with links to releveant links inside the current sticky.

Erkie made some good points about music artists and VA artists using similiar recording techniques and programs, and fact is that the audio portal indeed is there as a resourse for flash artists. That´s the basic thought for the AP, even tho most ppl submit full songs nowadays, we should still try to "treat" it the way it was intended. This means that within "audio" there should indeed be voiceacting, it´s a big part of making audio to flashes, and sometimes voice acting is 100% of the audio in a flash.

If you want to make a difference, Moose1015, i suggest that you (since you brought this up and seem to have some knowledge of the VA community) look for relevant links within the forum(s), make a list and bring up your point then send a PM to Denvish. He is the one who put the Audio Sticky together, and allthough i´m not sure wether he have the possibility to freely alter it now, I´m he sure can direct things forward to somone who can.

Wakka wakka

Response to New Sticky On Ng For Voice Acting 2006-07-17 10:30:41

At 7/17/06 04:11 AM, Rucklo wrote: If you want to make a difference, Moose1015, i suggest that you (since you brought this up and seem to have some knowledge of the VA community) look for relevant links within the forum(s), make a list and bring up your point then send a PM to Denvish. He is the one who put the Audio Sticky together, and allthough i´m not sure wether he have the possibility to freely alter it now, I´m he sure can direct things forward to somone who can.

I'm PM'ing Denvish as we speak. Hopefully he will reply. I'm going to link to the Newgrounds Voice Acting Club, the Voice Acting Club, and The Voice Acting Club. I'm going to PM Wade next, and hopefully something will get done. Thanks to everyone for all the feedback and advice.

Response to New Sticky On Ng For Voice Acting 2006-07-17 11:21:41

Good on ya, mate! Always good to see people who take action!

I hope we shall see a change in the audio sticky soon then!

BTW, it might take a few days before denvish answers, apparently he´s busy with doing stuff nowadays :D
So, be patient :)

Wakka wakka

Response to New Sticky On Ng For Voice Acting 2006-07-19 16:37:44

It's been two days and no reply. I haven't sent anything into Wade or Tom yet. Should I even bother?

Response to New Sticky On Ng For Voice Acting 2006-07-19 16:42:36

It'll take some time. Try gathering all your resources for now.

BBS Signature

Response to New Sticky On Ng For Voice Acting 2006-07-19 18:33:37

Yeah, I've tried emailing moderators about this before but it didn't really work...of course, that was over a year ago when voice actors weren't in such high demand.

I agree that it gets pretty annoying for us voice actors to search through a whole lot of threads trying to find stuff we can audition for. A sticky would be really helpful for both producers and voice actors. ^^

NG's Voice Actress! [ Resume | Voice Demo | Twitter ]

Formerly credited as Kagome; currently credited as Rina-chan.

Rescue me in Castle Crashers (I voice the princesses!)

Response to New Sticky On Ng For Voice Acting 2006-07-19 18:42:55

I agree.

(But I mainly posted this to say hi to Kagome... one of my voice acting idols) ^^;'.

Response to New Sticky On Ng For Voice Acting 2006-07-19 19:55:25

Well, it's nice to see all the support behind this. I'm still think as to whether there should be an entirely new sticky, or just an update to the other audio sticky. I think that putting it in the audio section would probably make it be overlooked. The only way anyone notices anything usually is if what they are looking for is in the title. It needs to be named as something like "Looking for voice actors? Click here first."

I think there should be a seperate sticky for voice acting, and, considering the number of topics about voice recording, an update to the audio sticky to links to Audacity, tutorials on Audacity, and links to *shiver* Speakonia. That would reduce the number of topics about those by at least half, depending if the people looking for that stuff no how to read or not.

Well, post your opinions. The largest this thread gets, the more likely it will get a mods attention, and the more likely a difference will be made.

By the way, it's nice to see all the very professional and well written responses so far. This thread shows how intelligent Newgrounds users can be (so far).

Response to New Sticky On Ng For Voice Acting 2006-07-19 22:20:18

At 7/19/06 06:33 PM, KagomeHigurashi wrote: Yeah, I've tried emailing moderators about this before but it didn't really work...of course, that was over a year ago when voice actors weren't in such high demand.

Basicly I think that if organised, you can make yourself heard alot better and more. You guys have a great website, and a sweet forum nowadays. Have you actually showed that to the NG staff? Perhaps they would be interested in actually linking to it on the frontpage even, who knows?
Other than that, still, VA should definitley be in the sticky, since it has alot to do with Audio!!!
This is, if the AP/AF continues to be the way it is now, meaning it aint getting specialiced in loops or whatever after the "long awaited revamp" :)

Wakka wakka

Response to New Sticky On Ng For Voice Acting 2006-07-24 23:47:51

One week, and no reply what-so-ever. I put something in saying "Please just respond saying you read this" or something similiar, and so far, my inbox is empty. Any suggestions. Should I even bother sending to Wade?

Response to New Sticky On Ng For Voice Acting 2006-07-25 01:43:21

i think it's a great idea, so send to wade, but be prepared to wait for ETERNITY and then wait some more. think about sending it to mods as well.

\" \ " / "/ - Myspace

\" \ " / "/ - Xenovora - my best song yet

\" \ " / "/ - my website

BBS Signature

Response to New Sticky On Ng For Voice Acting 2006-07-25 02:33:30

Already sent to Denvish one week ago. I may try the admins though.

Response to New Sticky On Ng For Voice Acting 2006-08-01 00:44:23

Ok, more than 2 weeks and no reply from both of the mods I pm'ed. At all. It's getting me worried about how much the moderators care about Newgrounds really. If they don't even sign on and check there pm every once in a while.

Response to New Sticky On Ng For Voice Acting 2006-08-01 15:43:07

I happen to know that Denvish isnt online much nowadays... Cant blame somone for having a life, eh? :)
However, try to e-mail Denvish instead, it´s easier to get hold of him that way.

But, seeing he´s quite busy, things might take a while... i dont know man.
Wade is the one who´s responcible for the bbs i belive... but hes most likley drowning in pms (lololol) and e-mails...

Wakka wakka

Response to New Sticky On Ng For Voice Acting 2006-08-02 03:14:27

Voice acting is a big part of the Newgrounds experience, but the VAC isn't always the easiest thing to find unless you know what to look for. Maybe there can be a new starter thread in the main BBS page (Flash, Audio, etc..) that states "Voice Acting" as the main title... and inside that thread can be "producers looking" and "actors looking" threads. Just a thought.

Response to New Sticky On Ng For Voice Acting 2006-08-02 16:38:40

At 8/2/06 03:14 AM, Stephan_M wrote: Voice acting is a big part of the Newgrounds experience, but the VAC isn't always the easiest thing to find unless you know what to look for.

Which VAC are you talking about? There are two. One on Newgrounds (which most voice actors never visit) and one outside of Newgrounds. I'm not sure what you're talking about, but if you want voice actors, you should know what kind of voice you want.

:Maybe there can be a new starter thread in the main BBS page (Flash, Audio, etc..) that states "Voice Acting" as the main title... and inside that thread can be "producers looking" and "actors looking" threads. Just a thought.

You mean like a sticky? Something on top of those threads with directions to voice acting forums. That is what I suggested.

Response to New Sticky On Ng For Voice Acting 2006-08-03 03:21:27

Which VAC are you talking about? There are two. One on Newgrounds (which most voice actors never visit) and one outside of Newgrounds. I'm not sure what you're talking about, but if you want voice actors, you should know what kind of voice you want.

Either one really...

You mean like a sticky? Something on top of those threads with directions to voice acting forums. That is what I suggested.

The sticky never gets read anyways... that why there are so many "I need a audio recording program" and "I need sound fx" posts, and links are provided to those in the sticky.

Perhaps its just an endless battle... and I guess its really not that big of an issue, or the HIGHER POWERS would have changed it already. The site was just upgraded a couple months ago, and they didn't address the problem then.

Response to New Sticky On Ng For Voice Acting 2006-08-03 14:34:11

Yeah, there's a better way to handle help, but not to get rid of it.

It's in the nature of the audio forum that we help, so if you get sick of helping, don't be afraid to screw around every now and then, or take a break altogether. It's a tension releaser.

BBS Signature

Response to New Sticky On Ng For Voice Acting 2006-08-08 23:38:38

OK, I sent a PM to 2 other mods (-Luis- and someone else, I forgot who), and no reply what-so-ever. I mean not even the slightest reply like "No" or "I'll get back to you on that". I sent the first one one 7/17/06. Now it's 8/9/06. Yea, it's almost been a month. I can see the whole thing about having a life, but still, geesh. And I know for a fact Denvish and -Luis- have been active. The least they could do is check their PM every once in a while. It's not like I was "HEY U!!1! PUT A STIKEE 4 VOIC ACTING OR U R A STUPD FAGGG!". It was at least 3 paragraphs for each one I sent. What do I have to do, send one to every mod and hope something happens?

Please, if you're a mod and reading this, respond. Do something. Just let us know you're actually looking over these threads. There is quite a bit of support behind this, and it should at least be considered. I've been very civil about this, but honestely, this is starting to be bullshit. Ignoring members really isn't behooving of a mod.

Response to New Sticky On Ng For Voice Acting 2006-08-10 23:00:07

Bumping this so hopefully a mod or someone will see it.

Response to New Sticky On Ng For Voice Acting 2006-08-12 02:23:23

Bump

Response to New Sticky On Ng For Voice Acting 2006-08-13 11:29:47

Bump. C'mon mods, respond or something.

Response to New Sticky On Ng For Voice Acting 2006-08-13 11:33:46

Errrm. I'm currently preparing to do voice acting for LifePoint1 the creators of XIN and Kazahana but I'd be glad to do voice acting for another project too...

I Didn't read the first page at all :)