00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RandomGuyTV just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Doctor Who Crew

403,043 Views | 6,203 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-17 18:55:47

At 6/17/07 06:25 PM, Sp00kyy wrote: "Say my name."

"Master."

"Hello </sexy>"

"Will you stop that!"

"Can I not say hello to anybody?"

"Chan but I don't mind tho" (correct me on the first and last words if I'm wrong)

Good episode. In light of 42 and Blink, this wasn't as good. Still wonderful episode though. I kept thinking that Professor was the first Doctor, although with the spoilers (thanks BFS) kept telling me it was The Master. I wonder how The Doctor will get out of this one.

Wait, Jack's watch will be fixed and they'll transport out of there.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-17 19:25:30

At 6/17/07 06:55 PM, TheThing wrote:

Possibly. It could be anything really. Let's hope we find out next week, eh?:)

The Doctor: I've been alone ever since, but not anymore. Don't you see, all we've got is each other.

The Master: Are you asking me out on a date?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-17 19:41:17

At 6/17/07 07:25 PM, Sp00kyy wrote:
At 6/17/07 06:55 PM, TheThing wrote:
Possibly. It could be anything really. Let's hope we find out next week, eh?:)

It's got to be that. The universe is ending, and there's no way to go back in time besides that shitty watch

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-18 09:15:34

At 6/16/07 03:05 PM, TheMaster wrote: Best. Episode. Ever.

I concur. I never guessed it, until the watch came about, then it hit us all like a fucking hammer.

Cadfael is the Master? WTF?!

Still, with the Master, The Doctor and Captain Jack on board, we're certainly not going to be bored stiff, are we?

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-18 12:34:44

At 6/18/07 09:15 AM, Coop83 wrote: Still, with the Master, The Doctor and Captain Jack on board, we're certainly not going to be bored stiff, are we?

Well, with Captain Jack aboard, we be stiff, only not bored

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-18 16:47:15

At 6/18/07 12:34 PM, TheThing wrote: Well, with Captain Jack aboard, we be stiff, only not bored

If he sees me, he'll be the stiff one, not me

I hope they don't invent two-way TV during his tenure, otherwise EchoRun may have to kill one of her favourite actors to keep him away from me :P

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-18 21:15:00

When is Captain Jack not stiff?

The Doctor: I've been alone ever since, but not anymore. Don't you see, all we've got is each other.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-18 21:22:59

At 6/18/07 09:15 PM, Sp00kyy wrote: When is Captain Jack not stiff?

When he's with you

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-19 15:15:50

At 6/18/07 09:22 PM, TheThing wrote:
When he's with you

You know, you've been awful bitchy lately.

Lies make baby Jesus cry, bitch.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-19 21:52:38

I've been in" inter-planing" for 2 weeks so I missed out on the last 2 episode and tv-links won't play that "Blink" episode so I'll just refer to the most recent episode, which was fucking brilliant. I wanted it to go on for days. I loved when the Doctor realised what was going on and was all "BE REASONABLE, THINGS ARE DIFFERENT NOW! IT'S JUST THE TWO OF US LEFT!"

Then the master leaves him in the future with a bunch of canibals. Classy move.

At 6/17/07 07:13 AM, TheDoctor wrote: The Master left his TARDIS parked somewhere in the future. Unlikely, but I'd be much more satisfied with that eventuality than anything else they're likely to come up with.

That's the only thing I could think of for the Doctor to escape. Although, I think I remember reading that the Master's Tardis had a working chameleon circuit, so it could be anything.

I couldn't figure out what the Doctor had done with his sonic screw driver at the end though. It seemed to do something to the TARDIS right before it disapeared.

"Some kilometers SOUTH of Dublin, under more control of

the IRA, there is a vast farmland. I'm SUPER cereal"

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-19 22:04:57

At 6/19/07 03:15 PM, Sidorio wrote:
At 6/18/07 09:22 PM, TheThing wrote:
When he's with you
You know, you've been awful bitchy lately.

Maybe I'm a bitchy mood. Man, those kids I guard are little fuckers. That could be it.

At 6/19/07 09:52 PM, TheAbominableMatt wrote: I've been in" inter-planing" for 2 weeks so I missed out on the last 2 episode and tv-links won't play that "Blink" episode so I'll just refer to the most recent episode, which was fucking brilliant. I wanted it to go on for days. I loved when the Doctor realised what was going on and was all "BE REASONABLE, THINGS ARE DIFFERENT NOW! IT'S JUST THE TWO OF US LEFT!

Blink, in my opinion, was better. But this episode is still aweshum!

Then the master leaves him in the future with a bunch of canibals. Classy move.

I would do the same, if I was The Master

At 6/17/07 07:13 AM, TheDoctor wrote: The Master left his TARDIS parked somewhere in the future. Unlikely, but I'd be much more satisfied with that eventuality than anything else they're likely to come up with.
That's the only thing I could think of for the Doctor to escape. Although, I think I remember reading that the Master's Tardis had a working chameleon circuit, so it could be anything.

No, they fix Jack's watch after killing a couple cannibals and sealing the door.

I couldn't figure out what the Doctor had done with his sonic screw driver at the end though. It seemed to do something to the TARDIS right before it disapeared.

It probably had a setting to break the Tardis, in case of hijackers. Kind of like an auto-deflate button on Hummers; you can still drive it, but it won't work too well

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-20 05:20:04

At 6/19/07 10:04 PM, TheThing wrote: It probably had a setting to break the Tardis, in case of hijackers. Kind of like an auto-deflate button on Hummers; you can still drive it, but it won't work too well

Perhaps an auto-homing device? As soon as The Master leaves the Tardis, it will leave and return to whenever the beacon of the sonic screwdriver is and therefor the Doctor as well?

Also on a side note, I'm thinking that the BBC is using Doctor Who as propaganda against Geroge W. Bush.

"The Master, why vote for a lesser evil?"

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-20 07:47:47

At 6/19/07 09:52 PM, TheAbominableMatt wrote: I couldn't figure out what the Doctor had done with his sonic screw driver at the end though. It seemed to do something to the TARDIS right before it disapeared.

I thought he was trying to send it off course or something, keep him away from civilisation.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-23 12:45:17

I read the Radio Times synopsis for this weeks episode (I'd forgotten what time it was on at) and apparentally, among other things, there's a reference to Captain Scarlet.

I wish I remembered any of that show.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-23 15:03:57

BEST EPISODE OF THE SERIES.
So much more dramatic, so much more! It was incredible! I CANNOT WAIT, till the next episode.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-23 15:06:52

John Simm is playing The Master brilliantly. He's not playing him the way all the other actors have, but the way he's doing it is just as good, if not better, than the classic, cold and calculating Master.

Good episode. The sphere things are a bit rubbish, but they're not important, since the real story is about The Master. I'll be gutted when he's defeated, because I'm still preferring him over The Doctor and Martha.

I didn't like how they explained his past, though. I preferred when he was just your average evil genius, evil because he wanted to be, not driven mad by the Time Vortex. Good to see they kept the classic depiction of Time Lords, though.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-23 15:08:36

At 6/23/07 03:06 PM, TheMaster wrote: I didn't like how they explained his past, though. I preferred when he was just your average evil genius, evil because he wanted to be, not driven mad by the Time Vortex. Good to see they kept the classic depiction of Time Lords, though.

I guess they want the more dramatic feel, to go with their bigger budget.
TheDoctor annoys me old, I wish they would change him back. And I think the spheres have something to do with darleks.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-23 15:13:05

At 6/23/07 03:08 PM, Abyssus wrote: And I think the spheres have something to do with darleks.

*Daleks

Unlikely. They wouldn't want to overshadow The Master, or overuse the Daleks, which they've done already. The reminded me of mini-Death Stars, though.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-23 15:15:12

At 6/23/07 03:13 PM, TheMaster wrote: *Daleks

Unlikely. They wouldn't want to overshadow The Master, or overuse the Daleks, which they've done already. The reminded me of mini-Death Stars, though.

I just thought that when I pressed post. "Wait, they already used the Daleks in the series, they wouldn't again"
the hype is growing?

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-23 17:41:38

I didn't enjoy this episode as much as the previous one, but then I'm always a little annoyed by the first of 2 parters. I wasn't too thrilled by the explanation as to how the Dr go back to our time (It's always worked Jack, you're just shit) but I loved when the Master was taunting the Doctor through his television broadcasts.

Also, I'm not enough of a Dr Who fan to understand the significance of Saxon eating the jelly babies on that big flying aircraft carrier but there must be something there. Right?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-23 17:43:30

At 6/23/07 05:41 PM, TheAbominableMatt wrote: Also, I'm not enough of a Dr Who fan to understand the significance of Saxon eating the jelly babies on that big flying aircraft carrier but there must be something there. Right?

Apparently, Time Lords like Jelly Babies, if Wikipedia tells me correct.
Also, the Tellytubbies part is a reference to the past master enjoying the Clangers.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-23 17:50:20

At 6/23/07 05:41 PM, TheAbominableMatt wrote: Also, I'm not enough of a Dr Who fan to understand the significance of Saxon eating the jelly babies on that big flying aircraft carrier but there must be something there. Right?

Jelly babies is just a running gag. Tom Baker's Doctor used to always offer people jelly babies, usually at inappropriate times, like when they're trapped in a room surrounded by aliens, or when he's being interrogated by the villain. A few of the other Doctors did it too, but none so much as Baker. I don't think the aircraft carrier has any significance, other than to give a more epic stage for the episode to take place in.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-23 21:53:02

Just watched "Blink".

Hell of a lot better than "Love and Monsters" anyway.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-24 11:42:01

HOLY MOTHER FUCKING SHIT! ONE TENTH! ONE FUCKING TENTH? SERIOUSLY, THE EPISODE NEARLY GAVE ME A HEART ATTACK! INTENSE!

I love Doctor Who

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-24 12:33:58

At 6/23/07 09:53 PM, TheAbominableMatt wrote: Just watched "Blink".

Hell of a lot better than "Love and Monsters" anyway.

Personally, I think it's better than Utopia. But I can' t say it's the best of the series so far, because The Sound of Drums is loading right now

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-24 12:38:03

Youse should all go buy some of the classic series DVD re-releases. They're only £7 from HMV, so they're probably even cheaper elsewhere. There's Genesis of the Daleks, The Five Doctors, The Hand of Fear, Remembrance of the Daleks, Earthshock, Spearhead from Space, Revelation of the Daleks and the TV Movie. I'm going to re-buy The Five Doctors, so the box art fits in the with rest of the set, and maybe Remembrance of the Daleks, since my disk is a bit buggered, as in it still plays, but makes loads of noise when it does. Plus, they might have updated the box art on that one so it had the same photo on the spine of the case as all the releases after it do.

To be honest, I want Seeds of Death, Robots of Death, Resurrection of the Daleks, The Caves of Androzani, and Vengeance of Varos re-released, too, so the box art can be updated to fit in with the rest of the set.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-24 13:11:27

Well, I just watched the new episode. Might I say, but it was the best, even better than Blink. I also want to add that I was right; Jack's watch would be fixed and they would go back to today.

best part:

"I know what it's like! It's like when you fancy someone, but they don't even notice you."

*Martha looks at Jack*

"You too."

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-25 01:44:25

I didn't like the last episode at all. I don't really know why, I just don't like the story to it.

Lies make baby Jesus cry, bitch.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-25 10:43:22

At 6/23/07 03:06 PM, TheMaster wrote: John Simm is playing The Master brilliantly. He's not playing him the way all the other actors have, but the way he's doing it is just as good, if not better, than the classic, cold and calculating Master.

Kind of like Tony Blair on Speed... maybe the John Culshaw version of Tony Blair, but still on Speed.

At 6/23/07 03:53 PM, TheD-LucksEdition wrote: Good God, that episode was brilliant. I agree with David, I'm finding John Simm much more entertaining than the Doctor, and it will be a shame when he's ultimately defeated. But I tell you one thing, he better return at a later date. He's too awesome not to.

Well, we've just got to wait and see what happens. What I'm more interested in at the moment is the question of if we're going to see Jack in the new series of Torchwood, which will be the next thing to hit our screens, probably around October / November this year.

*sigh* This series really went by far too fast :(

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-06-25 10:53:26

At 6/25/07 10:43 AM, Coop83 wrote: What I'm more interested in at the moment is the question of if we're going to see Jack in the new series of Torchwood, which will be the next thing to hit our screens, probably around October / November this year.

The next series of Torchwood isn't set to come out until 2008, unfortunately.

Speaking of Torchwood, I heard about a show earlier today which sounds like a direct rip-off. It's about this team of people who fight monsters that come through rips in time, except instead of being aliens, it's prehistoric stuff. It's called Primeval. I've never watched it, but it sounds identical to Torchwood.

BBS Signature