00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

daddybeefaroni just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Doctor Who Crew

403,808 Views | 6,204 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-07 11:34:30

this is for anyone who likes Doctor Who, a show that has been on for a couple years in England, and just got sent over to America/Canada

same rules as other crews, but 1 additional rule:
because us yanks only finished season 1 a few weeks ago, do not reveal anything to important to teh story. America as a whole does not know about this show, so character killings, additions, and switches arent publicized.

i will need help making rankings for the crew

please join.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-07 11:40:16

Ah, a great show. The Bad Wolf thing was brilliant, a real mind boggler. Not to ruin anything, but K9 is great and kicks some ass. Billie Piper is extremley hot, and it'll be a shame for her not to be flaunting it on the Tardis anymore. David Tennant, I think, is much better than Chris Eccleston, because you see more emotion and compassion when he really gets fired up. I love the Daleks, no matter how many cheesy and utterly unlikely comebacks they may make.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-07 11:42:44

I'll join this one, as it seems to have been made before the other one.

Can't wait for tomorrow night, Doctor Who is probably the highlight of my week.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-07 11:46:18

I wake up early on a Saturday morning just so I can wait in anticipation for it.. Oh no.. what am I going to do next week?!?! MY SATURDAY SCHEDULE WILL BE RUINED! :(

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-07 11:51:15

At 7/7/06 11:42 AM, Kickme123 wrote: I'll join this one, as it seems to have been made before the other one.

Can't wait for tomorrow night, Doctor Who is probably the highlight of my week.

of course, i have to wait until i dont know when to get that episode. im really sad taht SciFi.com doesnt have any info on when the next season airs

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-07 12:08:52

At 7/7/06 11:34 AM, thething69 wrote: this is for anyone who likes Doctor Who, a show that has been on for a couple years in England, and just got sent over to America/Canada

IS this jsut for the modern Doctor Who stuff or can we discuss the old stuff as well?

Rank 1: Time Lord

Rank 2: Companion

Rank 3: Tin Dog

Rank 4: Monster

Rank 5: Civilian:

please join.

Will do skippy :-)

TNT Reporting for duty Sir!

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-07 13:16:43

At 7/7/06 12:08 PM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote:
At 7/7/06 11:34 AM, thething69 wrote: this is for anyone who likes Doctor Who, a show that has been on for a couple years in England, and just got sent over to America/Canada
IS this jsut for the modern Doctor Who stuff or can we discuss the old stuff as well?

if you remember any of teh many old ones (there must have been atleast 4 before this one), yes you can

Rank 1: Time Lord - i like that

Rank 2: Companion - i like that too

Rank 3: Tin Dog - im guessing you mean K9; yeah taht seems good

Rank 4: Monster - thanks for trying

Rank 5: Civilian - thats good

how about move K9 to rank 4 and put Delek as rank 3. and keep civilian as 5. we may need more, pending on how many members join

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-07 13:26:02

At 7/7/06 01:16 PM, thething69 wrote: how about move K9 to rank 4 and put Delek as rank 3. and keep civilian as 5. we may need more, pending on how many members join

Your the boss. It's your club so you can do what you want mate :-)

If you need some more ranks I'm more than happy to help out with creating some more.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-07 13:34:10

I'll join. I love Doctor Who even though some of season 2 has been absolutely shocking.

Lies make baby Jesus cry, bitch.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-07 13:39:58

At 7/7/06 01:26 PM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote:
At 7/7/06 01:16 PM, thething69 wrote: how about move K9 to rank 4 and put Delek as rank 3. and keep civilian as 5. we may need more, pending on how many members join
Your the boss. It's your club so you can do what you want mate :-)

i know, its just such a limited range of possible ranks

If you need some more ranks I'm more than happy to help out with creating some more.

thanks. i expect alot of people to join

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-07 13:40:40

So am I in?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-07 13:55:40

Shall we get a bit of discussion going here then? Seeing as Series 2 is off limits at the moment, what does everyone here think was the best episode of series 1?

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-07 14:12:16

At 7/7/06 01:55 PM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote: Shall we get a bit of discussion going here then? Seeing as Series 2 is off limits at the moment, what does everyone here think was the best episode of series 1?

i never said seson 2 was off limits, but you cant give away important plot twists and character changes.

anyway the best episode in season 1 was teh one with station 9, teh news broadcasting space station run by that monster

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-07 14:21:26

At 7/7/06 02:12 PM, thething69 wrote: i never said seson 2 was off limits, but you cant give away important plot twists and character changes.

But it's so difficult to talk about things without giving those away :-(

anyway the best episode in season 1 was teh one with station 9, teh news broadcasting space station run by that monster

That was a good episode. Though I prefer the Unearthly Child. The one with the gas mask kid in war time london. That episode freaked me out slightly. Plus it introduced Captain Jack who is jsut a great character.

BTW, have you guys in America heard that Captain JAck is getting his own Series?

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-07 14:45:19

whoo now this is a good crew. im in i cant wait for tomorow the last ep in th e sec sires

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-07 15:36:05

Yeah, I'll join, great series, I love it. Tommorow's episode will be great, can't wait to see how "it" happens.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-07 15:50:22

i'll join, doctor who is an awesome show, i've been watching for months now, but i can't remember a lot of the episodes

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-07 15:51:19

At 7/7/06 03:50 PM, Black-X wrote: i'll join, doctor who is an awesome show, i've been watching for months now, but i can't remember a lot of the episodes

Then go support the show and buy the DVD box sets and remind yourself of them :P

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-07 15:53:01

I'm actually quite new to Doctor Who. I started watching from the third episode of the currect series (the one with K9) so I haven't seen many of the older ones.

Anyone recomed any episodes I should track down?

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-07 15:58:39

At 7/7/06 03:53 PM, Kickme123 wrote: Anyone recomed any episodes I should track down?

The Empty Child
The Doctor Dances
Dalek

Those are the episodes from the 1st series that spring to mind at the moment. You can probably download them somewhere on the net.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-07 18:04:37

At 7/7/06 02:21 PM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote:
At 7/7/06 02:12 PM, thething69 wrote: i never said seson 2 was off limits, but you cant give away important plot twists and character changes.
But it's so difficult to talk about things without giving those away :-(

That was a good episode. Though I prefer the Unearthly Child. The one with the gas mask kid in war time london. That episode freaked me out slightly. Plus it introduced Captain Jack who is jsut a great character.

that episode was pretty good too, just was a little different from the rest

BTW, have you guys in America heard that Captain JAck is getting his own Series?

no, but that sounds cool. whats it about, the time before he met Rose and the Doctor?

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-07 19:16:10

Naturally, I'm in.

You American chaps are in luck, it just so happens that someone has been posting up ALL the episodes of series 2 on youtube recently, so if you really can't wait for them to come out over there you can watch the whole lot over the interwebs.

I'm in agreement that Tennant makes a better Doctor than Eccleston. He just seems like more of a classic Doctor, whereas his predecessor didn't do the campy/lighthearted bits very naturally at all, which is understandable considering the kind of gritty dramas he appeared in in the past.
That being said, series two has had it's highs and lows. The first six episodes were brilliant, but I felt some of the later ones missed the mark a bit. Fear Her was a nice idea, but a bit too bland for my tastes. That Love and Monsters one was just dire.
Still, the good episodes more than make up for that.
Favourite episodes from the first series were:
Dalek
Father's Day
The Doctor Dances
The Parting of the Ways

Failgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-07 20:29:14

At 7/7/06 07:16 PM, -TheDoctor- wrote: Naturally, I'm in.

damn right youre in.

someone has posted all of the season 2 espisodes on Youtube

thanks for that. i cant wait to watch. but are they legal? because the BBC has a ownership on Doctor Who

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-07 20:37:29

sorry about the double post, but i couldnt find any season 2 videos, or even season 1 videos longer than 4 mins.

but i did find this. she may be dead, but she can still dance

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-07 21:03:48

At 7/7/06 08:37 PM, thething69 wrote: sorry about the double post, but i couldnt find any season 2 videos, or even season 1 videos longer than 4 mins.

Blah, looks like most of them are gone. The only full episode I could find was Rise of the Cybermen. Oh well, if you look around I'm sure they're on the internet somewhere.

Failgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-07 21:07:20

I'll join.

We got a new season of Doctor Who starting in a couple of days here in Australia.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-07 21:48:36

At 7/7/06 09:07 PM, -UberKuri- wrote: I'll join.

We got a new season of Doctor Who starting in a couple of days here in Australia.

damn, were behind almost everyone else. i dont even know when we start season 2 in america.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-07 22:10:09

here is the current member list:

Time Lord: Thething69
Companion: Joker_Inc
Companion: Kickme123
Dalek: Tri-Nitro-Toluene
Dalek: Womat333
Dalek: dervishneedsadrink
Dalek: -Paradox-
K9: Black-X
K9: -TheDoctor-
K9: -Uberkuri-
K9: empty
K9: empty
Civilion: empty

this list will be updated and ranks will be changed weekly, pending your time spent and how good your posts are. the rank names might also be changed

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-08 02:06:55

Cool, i'm a dalek. What about cyber men? They're cool.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-08 04:19:52

The new series of Doctor Who is actually starting in an hour and 10 minutes here in Australia. 7:30 is when it is supposed to start.

:P

BBS Signature