00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Patrick8008 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Doctor Who Crew

402,303 Views | 6,203 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-08 05:48:58

At 7/7/06 06:04 PM, thething69 wrote: no, but that sounds cool. whats it about, the time before he met Rose and the Doctor?

Series is called Torchwood. It's basically to to do with Britains defense against aliens. I'm not sure whether it's meant to be set before or after he met Rose and The doctor though. I'm guessing its before cause otherwise the writers will have some explaining to do as to how he got back to modern day earth when Rose and The doctor left him abandoned on the space station.

When you start to watch series 2 listen out for references to Torchwood in every episode.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-08 06:55:09

At 7/8/06 05:48 AM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote:
Series is called Torchwood. It's basically to to do with Britains defense against aliens. I'm not sure whether it's meant to be set before or after he met Rose and The doctor though. I'm guessing its before cause otherwise the writers will have some explaining to do as to how he got back to modern day earth when Rose and The doctor left him abandoned on the space station.

It's set after he meets the Doctor, from what I know he somehow ends up back in present-day Cardiff, hoping he can meet the Doctor there again when he returns to the fault line to refuel his TARDIS. In the process Jack ends up joining the Cardiff branch of Torchwood, and embarks on a load of Who-style adventures. The best thing about the show is that it's going to be much more adult-oriented than Doctor Who, meaning plenty of sex and violence for us to drool over.
Supposedly Jack also has some "big secret" that relates to him needing to find the Doc, personally I reckon he's another Time Lord.

Failgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-08 07:02:45

wAt 7/8/06 06:55 AM, -TheDoctor- wrote:

It's set after he meets the Doctor, from what I know he somehow ends up back in present-day Cardiff, hoping he can meet the Doctor there again when he returns to the fault line to refuel his TARDIS. In the process Jack ends up joining the Cardiff branch of Torchwood, and embarks on a load of Who-style adventures. The best thing about the show is that it's going to be much more adult-oriented than Doctor Who, meaning plenty of sex and violence for us to drool over.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with torchwood if it's more adult oriented. Maybe we'll actually get a bit of blood guts and gore when someone dies instea dof jsut them screaming in pain and falling over.

Supposedly Jack also has some "big secret" that relates to him needing to find the Doc, personally I reckon he's another Time Lord.

A big secret? I want Torchwood now dammit! :-(

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-08 07:08:38

At 7/7/06 10:10 PM, thething69 wrote: Dalek: -Paradox-

Awesome, Daleks are the best thing about Doctor Who anyway, so that's cool. And tonight's episode is going to be great, I seriously can't wait.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-08 07:30:54

I'll join. I really liked the bad wolf thing its really cool because if you go back and watch all the episodes you can see bad wolf in there somewhere.

Have you got different actors in america?

:3

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-08 07:34:28

At 7/7/06 03:58 PM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote:
At 7/7/06 03:53 PM, Kickme123 wrote: Anyone recomed any episodes I should track down?
The Empty Child
The Doctor Dances
Dalek

Those are the episodes from the 1st series that spring to mind at the moment. You can probably download them somewhere on the net.

The empty child scared the shit out of me!

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-08 07:45:47

The Satan Pit was scarier. Suprisingly the season 2 finalee doesn't look frightening at all.

Lies make baby Jesus cry, bitch.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-08 07:47:26

Qeustion: how do you rise in ranks?

sorry for the triple post!

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-08 08:04:34

hay can i join this i love the doc

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-08 08:15:13

At 7/8/06 07:08 AM, -Paradox- wrote:
At 7/7/06 10:10 PM, thething69 wrote: Dalek: -Paradox-
Awesome, Daleks are the best thing about Doctor Who anyway, so that's cool. And tonight's episode is going to be great, I seriously can't wait.

but they look so cheesey. and you think their all dead, but suddenly BOOM they have an armada and are going to destroy earth

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-08 08:17:54

At 7/8/06 07:30 AM, -DeceptionKiller- wrote: I'll join. I really liked the bad wolf thing its really cool because if you go back and watch all the episodes you can see bad wolf in there somewhere.
Have you got different actors in america?

Thats cool. I missed the season 1 finale, but my dad told me everything that happened, like taht lone wolf and how it was rose.

and no, its teh same show, just on a different channel

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-08 08:21:04

At 7/8/06 07:47 AM, -DeceptionKiller- wrote: Qeustion: how do you rise in ranks?
sorry for the triple post!

well, some crews and clubs have "members", but they never post here. and if you have good posts here and more than the people higher than you, you raise in rank. i may wait 2 weeks, just to sort everything out. plus im going away all next week to a boyscout summer camp.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-08 11:25:07

What rank am I?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-08 11:48:44

Definetly joining!

Gotta love DrWho

Get Fuckle'd

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-08 11:51:47

At 7/8/06 04:19 AM, -UberKuri- wrote: The new series of Doctor Who is actually starting in an hour and 10 minutes here in Australia. 7:30 is when it is supposed to start.

P

3 hours in jolly old england

Get Fuckle'd

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-08 11:52:12

At 7/8/06 08:15 AM, thething69 wrote: but they look so cheesey. and you think their all dead, but suddenly BOOM they have an armada and are going to destroy earth

But that's the beauty fo them you see. No matter what happens to them, they ALWAYS come back as deadly as ever and make the Doctor shit his pants :-)

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-08 13:28:48

32 minutes 'till the season fianle.

I'm literally pissing myself with excitment.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-08 14:46:52

Holy shit, she didn't die, how shit! Nah, joking, that was fucking briliant, can't wait for the Christmas Special, BUT CATHERINE TATE! NO! SHE'LL FUCK IT UP! Anyway, I am still a little pissed that she didn't die a painful death, but meh, was good anyway.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-08 14:59:44

At 7/8/06 02:46 PM, -Paradox- wrote: Holy shit, she didn't die, how shit! Nah, joking, that was fucking briliant, can't wait for the Christmas Special, BUT CATHERINE TATE! NO! SHE'LL FUCK IT UP! Anyway, I am still a little pissed that she didn't die a painful death, but meh, was good anyway.

To reuse this post for the third time:

Catherine Tate in the TARDIS?

What the fuck was that? She better not fuck up Doctor Who, even if she is just in the christmas special.

The day the words "Am I bovad" are uttered inside the TARDIS I swear i'll kill myself.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-08 15:01:14

At 7/8/06 02:46 PM, -Paradox- wrote: Holy shit, she didn't die, how shit! Nah, joking, that was fucking briliant, can't wait for the Christmas Special, BUT CATHERINE TATE! NO! SHE'LL FUCK IT UP! Anyway, I am still a little pissed that she didn't die a painful death, but meh, was good anyway.

"Yeah but no but yea"- SHUT UP!! lol.
And it official, Darleks>Cybermen! (even if the darleks where like flys in a tornado...) This means that there still only one assistant that has died.

"This is where I'd say something witty and wise; for all the world to see.........................damn."

Click my account for music. Sig by shinebrite.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-08 15:01:45

At 7/8/06 02:59 PM, Kickme123 wrote: The day the words "Am I bovad" are uttered inside the TARDIS I swear i'll kill myself.

Same here, a fucking bitch like herself can't be in the TARDIS! She fails at humor for God's sake!

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-08 15:04:04

how shit will then catherine tate one be?? fuckin hell

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-08 15:06:51

At 7/8/06 03:04 PM, pellmayo wrote: how shit will then catherine tate one be?? fuckin hell

Only for the Christmas Special, but for God's sake, even that's too much for me to put up with. I will eat the Internet if she tries to be funny, I swear it.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-08 15:09:35

At 7/8/06 03:06 PM, -Paradox- wrote:
At 7/8/06 03:04 PM, pellmayo wrote: how shit will then catherine tate one be?? fuckin hell
Only for the Christmas Special, but for God's sake, even that's too much for me to put up with. I will eat the Internet if she tries to be funny, I swear it.

I've got a horrible feeling they will drop some of her catch phrases in to "apeal to a wider audiance". I swear if he ruins Doctor Who i'll kill everyone. Everyone.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-08 15:11:59

Did anyone else see the ending. :(
*starts crying*

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-08 15:16:45

They...didn't kill her. Why Didn't they kill her? They said they were going to kill her...so why didn't they kill her?

Despite that, still a good episode.

Favourite line: "This is not a war. This is pest control"

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-08 15:26:09

<--Series two spoilers ahead-->

I concur. What a shit cliffhanger to end the series on. I fail to see how Catherine Tate can make for a good christmas special, there isn't a worse actor to cheapen a dramatic ending.
If it had just finished with a shot of the Doctor standing alone by the TARDIS console I would have been more than happy.

Anyway, despite that it was still the best episode by far. I loved how the Daleks were like "ONE DALEK COULD DESTROY FIVE MILLION CYBERMEN".
It's really the only way things could have gone :)
I'm happy that the Dalek lieutenant escaped the void though, that way they can have a more robust return next time instead of just "they survived the time war somehow". Plus with the possibility of more prisons like the Genesis Arc, I think we can safely say the the Daleks are back for good.

Failgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-08 15:26:14

At 7/8/06 03:16 PM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote: Favourite line: "This is not a war. This is pest control"

I liked
Dalek: You are superior in one way. You are better at dying.
and
Cyberman: You expect to kill 5,000,000 cybermen with 4 daleks?
Dalek: We expect to kill 5,000,000 cybermen with 1 dalek.

Well, they were something like that.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-08 15:37:59

At 7/8/06 03:11 PM, -DeceptionKiller- wrote: Did anyone else see the ending. :(
*starts crying*

Only my mother cried!

sniff....

"This is where I'd say something witty and wise; for all the world to see.........................damn."

Click my account for music. Sig by shinebrite.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-08 15:50:55

At 7/8/06 03:37 PM, Chao_Guy wrote: Only my mother cried!
sniff....

Everyone in my family cried apart from me. God I'm a heartless bastard :-(