00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Amoongoos1 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Doctor Who Crew

405,111 Views | 6,204 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-10-08 23:39:25

I just watched invasion of the dinosaurs lol the puppets are hilarious. What a ridiculous story. How is a human able to just invent time travel like that? And he invented suspended animation. And Yates as a bad guy? lol the whole thing was messed up but pretty funny all the same.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-10-10 21:17:55

How so? The stuff with The Master seeing The Doctor laughing at him?

Pretty much. It brings some nice extra meaning to The Master's cowering.

There's loads out on DVD, and all of them were released on VHS. You can get them on the internet through more questionable means, too.

Ah, if only. Finding DVD releases of the classic series where I live is a herculean task, so I'm pretty much limited to the aforementioned means.

I'm afraid you'll have to speak up.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-10-11 17:47:36

Box set of The Curse of Peladon and The Monster of Peladon confirmed for January 2010, replacing the originally planed King's Demons and Planet of Fire box set.

Also a box set of rereleases of early DVD releases, presumably bringing box art in line with the current ones.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-10-12 13:37:51

Watched Time and the Rani.

McCoy has a couple of funny lines, but beyond that it's pretty standard stuff. Subjugated native race end up fighting back with Doctor's help. Nothing new or original. Mel is still a shit companion, and McCoy hasn't really come into his own yet (he gets more serious as it goes on, he's very "wacky" in this one, mixing up metaphors and stuff).

5 to go.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-10-12 18:04:00

I would love to become part of this crew seeing as i love Doctor Who but oknly thing is im not on a whole bunch and that was a problem with alot of other crews and clubs so i just wanted to know if that is also the case here.

Kenmagi

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-10-12 18:19:06

At 10/12/09 06:04 PM, KenmagiX wrote: I would love to become part of this crew seeing as i love Doctor Who but oknly thing is im not on a whole bunch and that was a problem with alot of other crews and clubs so i just wanted to know if that is also the case here.

lol is this even considered a club? All we do is bitch about doctor who randomly. Just post whatever the hell you want when you want.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-10-12 23:35:02

Awesome sauce Just wanted to know one more thing does anybody know any chanlles that show classic doctor who I keep checking bbc because they were gonna bring it back if any body has any info on this please do tell. in the mesn time ill stick with david tennant

Kenmagi

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-10-13 07:43:39

At 10/12/09 11:35 PM, KenmagiX wrote: Awesome sauce Just wanted to know one more thing does anybody know any chanlles that show classic doctor who I keep checking bbc because they were gonna bring it back if any body has any info on this please do tell. in the mesn time ill stick with david tennant

UKTV Drama used to show it as filler at like 4am before they changed to "Watch" or whatever they're called now. Don't know anyone who airs at currently.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-10-13 18:49:31

At 10/12/09 11:35 PM, KenmagiX wrote: Awesome sauce Just wanted to know one more thing does anybody know any chanlles that show classic doctor who

Easiest way to tell is to check this site every now and then.

http://thisweekindoctorwho.blogspot.com/

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-10-13 19:11:15

Watched Paradise Towers.

I actually really liked the first 3 parts, just because of how weird they were. Cannibalistic old women, girl gangs, a guy who was basically Hitler, even down to the moustache, it was ace. Goes to shit in part 4, though, but saying why spoils the big twist of the episode, so I'll not for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Mel was still shit, but whatever, the Kangs with their insane names like "Fire Escape" and "Bin Liner" were pretty cool. Pex was just irritating though, and you saw where they were going with his character a mile off.

4 to go. Dragonfire up next, first episode with Ace in it. She's like, my 3rd favourite companion, behind Jo Grant and Jamie McCrimmon. Should be good.

At 10/13/09 06:49 PM, Sticky wrote: Easiest way to tell is to check this site every now and then.

Man, I thought this had been discontinued, didn't realise it had just moved. Awesome.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-10-13 22:50:36

At 10/13/09 06:49 PM, Sticky wrote:
At 10/12/09 11:35 PM, KenmagiX wrote: Awesome sauce Just wanted to know one more thing does anybody know any chanlles that show classic doctor who
Easiest way to tell is to check this site every now and then.

Awesome thank you

Kenmagi

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-10-14 05:07:26

In early 1964, when Doctor Who was only a few months old, actor and scriptwriter Moris Farhi, under the guidance of script-editor David Whitaker, wrote a six-part historical adventure entitled Farewell Great Macedon, detailing the Doctor's encounter with Alexander the Great in the ancient city of Babylon.

Nothing at the End of the Lane is proud to present, for the first time ever, the complete script of this unproduced Doctor Who story in one special-edition volume. Covering over 250-pages, Farewell Great Macedon not only reproduces the original script pages for all six episodes, but also features:

»Foreword by Moris Farhi.
»The history and development of the Farewell Great Macedon script and Moris Farhi's association with Doctor Who between 1964 and 1977.
»Reviews of the story by Jeremy Bentham, Paul Scoones and Philip MacDonald.
»A special edition of DWM's Time Team.
»A historical examination of Alexander the Great's life and death compared with that seen in Farewell Great Macedon.
»Stunning new artwork by Jason Fletcher and Adrian Salmon.

This special edition also contains the one-episode tester script, The Fragile Yellow Arc of Fragrance, written by Farhi for David Whitaker at a time when the Doctor was still halfway though fighting his first on-screen battle with the Daleks.

Thought this sounded pretty cool.

Doctor Who Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-10-14 17:44:24

Hey did anyone manage to catch that Doctor Who Movie a few months ago it came on on BBC America

Kenmagi

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-10-14 18:46:13

Watched Dragonfire.

I liked it. Sabalom Glitz is always a welcome addition to any serial, and Ace is good too (even if she is significantly more irritating in this serial than in later ones with catchphrases and shit, she's still better than Mel). Doctor himself is better in this than early 7th Doctor stuff, having dropped a lot of the silliness to be a more straight character.

7th Doctor has really grown on me, actually. Used to just like his serials because of Ace, but I'm starting to like him now, too.

3 to go now. The Happiness Patrol, Silver Nemesis and The Greatest Show In The Galaxy.

At 10/14/09 05:44 PM, KenmagiX wrote: Hey did anyone manage to catch that Doctor Who Movie a few months ago it came on on BBC America

Which was it, the 1996 TV movie or one of the non-canon Peter Cushing ones from the 60s? The TV movie is okay. It's watchable, but little things like an American Master, the Doctor being half human, and the rubbish romance stuff spoil it.

Cushing films are pretty decent campy 60s sci-fi, but they're not really Doctor Who.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-10-14 19:27:52

Which was it, the 1996 TV movie or one of the non-canon Peter Cushing ones from the 60s? The TV movie is okay. It's watchable, but little things like an American Master, the Doctor being half human, and the rubbish romance stuff spoil it.

Cushing films are pretty decent campy 60s sci-fi, but they're not really Doctor Who.

Nah it was a new one with David T. I didnt get to watch it because i didnt have the channle it came on but supposedly their is another doctor or something of that sort. I dont know really but my friend said something about it.

Kenmagi

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-10-15 14:36:11

At 10/14/09 07:27 PM, KenmagiX wrote: Nah it was a new one with David T. I didnt get to watch it because i didnt have the channle it came on but supposedly their is another doctor or something of that sort. I dont know really but my friend said something about it.

David Tennant hasn't done any movies. Sounds like The Next Doctor, which was just a Christmas special.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-10-15 18:32:02

Ok then ill tell my friend that he was ill informed or something and he must be seeing things if he watched it. thanks

Kenmagi

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-10-15 19:19:49

Watched The Happiness Patrol and Silver Nemesis.

Happiness Patrol was batshit insane with Bertie Basset as a villain, but it was pretty entertaining in the same sort of mental was Paradise Towers was.

Silver Nemesis has a sequence where Nazis of the "Fourth Reich" fight Cybermen. It was amazing. Shame about all the hints dropped about The Doctor being more than a regular Time Lord (there are some in Remembrance of the Daleks if I remember rightly, too) don't go anyway, since the show was cancelled before they could, and it's not been mentioned in the revival.

Just The Greatest Show In The Galaxy left, then. Well, Curse of Fatal Death too, I suppose.

At 10/15/09 06:32 PM, KenmagiX wrote: Ok then ill tell my friend that he was ill informed or something and he must be seeing things if he watched it. thanks

Probably just confused the special for a film. They are slightly longer than normal episodes, but not quite feature length.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-10-16 18:59:20

Yeah that makes sense

Kenmagi

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-10-17 10:32:15

New DVD details, finally.

Previously announced Peladon box set (Curse of Peladon and Monster of Peladon) is out 4th January, followed by a "Myths and Legends" box set rumoured to include The Time Monster, Underworld and The Horns of Nimon is due out on 1st February, and then just a week later on 8th February The Masque of Mandragora of being released. Then on 1st March, Time and the Rani gets a release.

So it shapes up as:
4th January - Peladon box set
1st February - Myths and Legends box set
8th February - The Masque of Mandragora
1st March - Time and the Rani

Good to see two releases in February making up for none in November or December.

Serial wise, Curse of Peladon is one of my favourites, and The Time Monster is also fantastic. Monster of Peladon is good, Underworld is okay, but Horns of Nimon and Time and the Rani are a bit dodgy.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-10-17 15:53:58

Ok umm sorry about all the questions but i just watched some episodes where some guy that jumped on the tardis and at the end he said some people call him the face of boe then i remebered that episode where thier in the future and evryone drives undergrond and stuff and their was a giant head thing who was the face of boe did he like evolve after all the years of not being able to die or something?

Kenmagi

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-10-17 15:56:05

At 10/17/09 03:53 PM, KenmagiX wrote: Ok umm sorry about all the questions but i just watched some episodes where some guy that jumped on the tardis and at the end he said some people call him the face of boe then i remebered that episode where thier in the future and evryone drives undergrond and stuff and their was a giant head thing who was the face of boe did he like evolve after all the years of not being able to die or something?

That's the implication, that Jack is the Face of Boe, yes.

Although I think Davies said something about that being "one interpretation", basically meaning "I might change my mind later".

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-10-17 17:53:49

Watched The Greatest Show In The Galaxy.

Definitely one of the better McCoy serials. Not great, but very watchable. I do like his era just because the serials are all very different, if only through being really weird. A lot of 4th-6th Doctor stuff in particularly is very samey, after watching a few you can generally spot any plot twists a mile off, but McCoy's stuff is all so batshit you'll be guessing until the end.

That's every serial of Doctor Who watched, then. Still haven't watched Curse of Fatal Death (the comic relief special) or K9 And Company (the pilot of the aborted Sarah Jane/K9 spin-off), but still.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-10-18 21:21:37

wow you always seem to blow my Doctor who spectrum cause i have no idea what your talking about do to the fact that ive only seen the 10th doctor episodes i wish i could watch the old ones so i could speak at the same level.

Kenmagi

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-10-19 05:41:01

At 10/18/09 09:21 PM, KenmagiX wrote: wow you always seem to blow my Doctor who spectrum cause i have no idea what your talking about do to the fact that ive only seen the 10th doctor episodes i wish i could watch the old ones so i could speak at the same level.

lol not even the ninth doctor? You've got some serious catching up to do.

New sarah jane adventures episode are out by the way for all those people not interested. I think this season will finally be up to that aspiring "watchable tv" level. I mean an episode even has the doctor in it for a fair portion. Plus the Judoon which I don't mind and the trickster again which is the only good thing to come out of the series so far. I'm gonna watch the first episode tomorrow I'll tell you if it's actually any good or the same old crap lol

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-10-19 05:46:18

At 10/17/09 05:53 PM, TheMaster wrote: That's every serial of Doctor Who watched, then. Still haven't watched Curse of Fatal Death (the comic relief special) or K9 And Company (the pilot of the aborted Sarah Jane/K9 spin-off), but still.

Nerd!

Just kidding. If terrestrial or Freeview showed older episodes, then I'd probably have a crack at it.

This is a Prime piece of real estate below.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-10-19 23:40:31

Just watched Prisoner of the Judoon which is the first sarah jane adventures episode for season 3 which just started. Not bad. I was actually enjoying the first half. I like the Judoon and the villain was interesting. Tybo is so lovable lol.

The thing I don't like about SJA though is that they always have to alter the presumed actions of already established characters because it's a kid's show which forces you to make assumptions like "oh maybe that sontaran is just a really bad shot even though in that other episode they were the best gun men in the universe" or in the case of this episode "maybe this particular Judoon is less trigger happy and willing to put up with crap just because he's a really nice guy"

Anyway this episode was watchable which makes me think the rest of the season will also be alright.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-10-25 14:51:58

Because I am oh so terribly nice, I've decided that I'm going to write the full list of "The Mighty 200" from last months DWM, all of the episodes rated by the viewers. Okay, so here goes.

200. The Twin Dilemma
199. Timelash
198. Time and the Rani
197. Underworld
196. Time-Flight
195. The Space Pirates
194. The Underwater Menace
193. Paradise Towers
192. Fear Her
191. The Dominators
190. The Space Museum
189. The Horns of Nimon
188. Meglos
187. The Time Monster
186. Dragonfire
185. Warriors of Deep
184. The Creature from the Pit
183. The Sensorities
182. The Mutants
181. The King's Demons
180. Delta and the Bannerman
179. The Monster of Peladon
178. The Web Planet
177. Arc of Infinity
176. Silver Nemesis
175. The Gunfighters
174. The Power of Kroll
173. Four to Doomsday
172. Galaxy 4
171. Colony in Space
170. The Happiness Patrol
169. Terminus
168. The Armageddon Factor
167. Nightmare of Eden
166. The Krotons
165. The Long Game
164. The Invisible Enemy
163. Planet of Giants
162. The Savages
161. Attack of the Cybermen
160. The Keys of Marinus
159. The Smugglers
158. Inside the Spaceship (or The Edge of Destruction)
157. The Chase
156. The Wheel in Space
155. The Invasion of Time
154. The Ark
153. Love and Monsters
152. Daleks in Manhatten/Evolution of the Daleks
151. The Celestial Toymaker
150. The Lazarus Experiment
149. The Leisure Hive
148. The Mark of the Rani
147. The Sun Makers
146. Battlefield
145. The Highlanders
144. The Reign of Terror
143. New Earth
142. The Trial of a Timelord
141. Boom Town
140. The Doctor's Daughter
139. The Enemy of the World
138. The Idiot's Lantern
137. The Macra Terror
136. 42
135. Doctor Who The Movie
134. Planet of Fire
133. Mission to the Unknown
132. Aliens of London/World War Three
131. Invasion of the Dinosaurs
130. Revenge of the Cybermen
129. The Claws of Axos
128. Death to the Daleks
127. The Rescue
126. The Myth Makers
125. The Two Doctors
124. Vengeance on Varos
123. The Android Invasion
122. The Faceless Ones
121. Destiny of the Daleks
120. Snakedance
119. The Greatest Show in the Galaxy
118. Planet of the Daleks
117. Black Orchid
116. The Face of Evil
115. The Runaway Bride
114. Voyage of the Damned
113. Frontier in Space
112. The Moonbase
111. The Seeds of Death
110. The Awakening
109. The Pirate Planet
108. The War Machines
107. The Next Doctor
106. Robot
105. The Ribos Operation
104. Frontios
103. The Sontaran Experiment
102. Mawdryn Undead
101. Full Circle
100. The Crusade
99. Planet of the Dead
98. Partners in Crime
97. The Romans
96. The Hand of Fear
95. The Androids of Tara
94. The End of the World
93. Resurrection of the Daleks
92. The Mind of Evil
91. The Sontaran Strategem/The Poison Sky
90. The Ambassadors of Death
89. Planet of the Spiders
88. Castrovalva
87. State of Decay
86. The Massacre of St Bartholemew's Eve
85. The Masque of Mandragora
84. Planet of Evil
83. The Unicorn and the Wasp
82. The Curse of Peladon
81. Warriors' Gate
80. Survival
79. Planet of the Ood
78. The Ice Warriors
77. The Visitation
76. Ghost Light
75. The Time Meddler
74. Gridlock
73. Image of the Fendahl
72. Enlightenment
71. Day of the Daleks
70. The Keeper of Traken
69. Kinda
68. Rise of the Cybermen/The Age of Steel
67. The Stones of Blood
66. Smith and Jones
65. Marco Polo
64. The Shakespeare Code
63. Rose
62. Carnival of Monsters
61. 100,000 BC
60. The Mind Robber
59. The Abominable Snowman
58. The Three Doctors
57. The Aztecs
56. The Fires of Pompeii
55. The Tenth Planet
54. The Unquiet Dead
53. Logopolis
52. Tooth and Claw
51. Terror of the Autons
50. The Sea Devils

I'll post the rest some other time.

god

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-10-25 15:00:59

Assuming this is worst at the top, best at the bottom?

In which case, this is absolutely ludicrous. Even having votes on stuff like The Underwater Menace and The Space Pirates is a joke, since they don't even exist any more.

Also, breaking down stuff like An Unearthly Child into separate episodes, rather than viewing the serial as a whole, but listing everything else as the full serials?

List is worthless.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-10-25 21:53:07

I just watched death to the daleks. It was silly. I love that dalek that just has a total melt down over having lost the girl he was guarding and self destructs lol!! and why does the guy in the city just turn to dust? And if the tardis is a living machine how come the daleks who are a living machine also continue to work??? I love plot holes hahahaha

BBS Signature