00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Sneaksby1997 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Doctor Who Crew

406,343 Views | 6,208 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-10-26 16:42:55

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-10-26 19:38:58

At 10/26/09 04:42 PM, TheMaster wrote: This is incredible.

haha that accent is awesome. Tennant is just so good at holding them.

Just saw Mad Woman in the Attic (or the next episode of SJA). It was really bad lol. Like just flat out awful. I lol'd at the fact the teenage kid and the alien eventually had a kid. I instantly knew it was gonna happen when she asked him to come with her though. I was like "ow yeah what them kids gonna get up to in that big spaceship on their own" then the old guy went with them too and things got awkward....sorry mind drifted off then...

Yeah so that episode sucked but the next one titled The Wedding of Sarah Jane Smith should definitely be worth watching. Not only does it feature the doctor but also K-9 I assume since he came back at the end of the episode I just saw. You guys should watch that one.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-10-27 18:50:25

"After Sarah Jane is acting suspiciously,Luke, Clyde, Rani and K-9 investigate and find that Sarah Jane has a boyfriend - Peter Dalton. they are going to get married. Clyde suspects Peter may be an alien. At the wedding the Tricksters returns and holds the church in a prison. Can the Doctor save Sarah Jane and the entire planet Earth?"

That sounds like a pretty great episode to me. I didn't know the trickster was going to be in this episode. It should be pretty amazing. The trickster is the only good enemy I've seen so far. I'd say the doctor will put a stop to him once and for all though =(

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-10-29 06:49:08

The Space Museum and The Chase confirmed for DVD.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-10-30 13:17:53

15th November, 7pm for Water of Mars.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-10-30 23:49:57

hahaha yep another failure for SJA. The Wedding of Sarah Jane Smith like every other episode, looked good in episode one then totally bombed in the second episode. The doctor only appeared in episode two anyway and a minute at the end of episode one. Definitely not as good as I was expecting. Somehow even the doctor seems to be shitter in SJA. He spent most of the screen time just runnign around with his screwdriver saying "where's sarah?? she's close...". It's amazing how this show just ruins everything lol

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-10-31 15:55:26

Doctor Who DVD restoration team have stated they want to release every complete classic serial by November 2013, the show's 50th anniversary.

However, they also stated there are no plans to do any more animated reconstructions like they did with The Invasion, and that no more partially complete serials, like the Lost in Time box set, will be released.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-10-31 19:10:25

"Yes, they have managed to achieve colour recovery on The Mind of Evil episodes 2-6 (Episode 1 is apparently unrecoverable due to some setting made in original transmission that prevented the chroma information from being recorded). But the result is far from stable. While some scenes, such as one shown to us from Episode 2, are stunning in how well the original colours were able to be recovered, other scenes are much less than satisfactory. We saw a clip from the climax of the story in Episode 6 where the colours bled badly into each other and there was psychadelic strobing effects when characters moved on screen.

So the short story here is: yes, The Mind of Evil is now (mostly) in colour through a process that seemed like science fiction even a year ago. No, it's not coming out on DVD anytime soon."

Absolutely gutting. Was really looking forward to a colourised version of The Mind of Evil coming out.

"The classic series range will soon be reverting to the branding of the new series and after five years Doctor Who will have one unified brand. And for all those fans who fear for the spines in their DVD collection, BBC and 2Entertain are apparently going to release reversible cover art with the 'McGann' logo still on the opposite side. (North Americans need to start lobbying BBC America!)"

BBC being awesome. Keeping the original style as an option is huge plus for me. Just hope they don't decide to rerelease everything again to fit in with the new branding, as I'd be stupid enough to buy them again.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-11-05 05:04:46

http://player.uk.msn.com/sci-fi/doctor-w ho/?vv=700

MSN now also offering streaming classic Who. Just "The Web Planet" at the minute, but the title says "Doctor Who featuring Tom Baker, William Hartnell and Jon Pertwee", so that might hint at what episodes they're planning to put up next.

Also David Tennant is going to be hosting a Doctor Who themed Never Mind The Buzzcocks, with Catherine Tate on one team, and Bernard Cribbins on the other.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-11-09 13:20:59

Nicholas Courtney reported he's recorded a commentary for The Ambassadors of Death, so expect a DVD of it some time in the future.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-11-09 19:36:29

doctor who rocks i love him

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-11-09 19:53:33

At 11/9/09 07:37 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: So this new one that comes out this week.

Reckon it still has anything to do with the Master seeing as it's an anagram of "The Masters War".

Apparently, the end of this one sets up the next one. Not in the sense of he's going in the Tardis off to another planet at the end and start of the episodes in the series, but in the sense that his actions and reactions set off his demise and regeneration.

Maybe the Master will be about, but it'll probably concern the Ood Sigma.

This is a Prime piece of real estate below.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-11-10 00:57:09

At 11/9/09 07:37 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: Reckon it still has anything to do with the Master seeing as it's an anagram of "The Masters War".

I heard that anagram ages ago but I don't think the people who created the title actually named it the waters of mars just so they could use that stupid anagram. The episode obviously is just about the water on mars lol I really doubt the master will show up until the next episode.

If anything the doctor will alter whatever event happens on mars (a fixed point in time) and totally fuck up the time lines and bring the time war out of dead lock. Hence bringing everything back. Something like that. Also I've heard that donna's ring belongs to the master and that's how she comes back in the last episode. That ring she wears all through season 4 is pretty big and flashy so yeah. Sounds like RTD's writing anyway.

tl;dr master will not appear in the waters of mars.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-11-10 04:37:37

Yeah, don't see The Master showing up in The Waters of Mars, think they'll save him for the final episode.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-11-12 10:07:33

Doctor Who was cancelled in 1989, but the production team already had plans for the following year. It's been my pleasure to collaborate with script editor Andrew Cartmel, who is rebooting those original storylines together with the writers who had been pencilled in for the season. Script writing is underway - in fact, the second story is nearly finished - and we hope to record these in the early months of 2010. It seemed like it was meant to be. I was at the Regenerations convention in Swansea, and Sylvester McCoy came over and suggested that Big Finish should make his Lost Stories. Sophie Aldred was in the next room, so I texted her on my mobile, she joined us and committed to the idea instantly. Big Finish executive producer Jason Haigh-Ellery was there and gave the green light, I contacted Andrew Cartmel on Facebook and he said yes, and a representative from the BBC was in Swansea too, and gave us the go-ahead instantly. The whole project came together in about two hours!

Don't normally go for the audio stuff, but it could be nice to have some conclusions to all the cliffhangers in McCoy's later seasons. The stuff about him being "more than just a Time Lord" hinted at in Silver Nemesis and a few other episodes and whatnot.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-11-12 17:47:53

At 11/12/09 10:07 AM, TheMaster wrote: Don't normally go for the audio stuff, but it could be nice to have some conclusions to all the cliffhangers in McCoy's later seasons. The stuff about him being "more than just a Time Lord".

haha don't get too excited they might have been leading up to the half human half time lord thing like in the tv movie.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-11-12 20:25:27

At 11/12/09 05:47 PM, Sticky wrote:
At 11/12/09 10:07 AM, TheMaster wrote: Don't normally go for the audio stuff, but it could be nice to have some conclusions to all the cliffhangers in McCoy's later seasons. The stuff about him being "more than just a Time Lord".
haha don't get too excited they might have been leading up to the half human half time lord thing like in the tv movie.

Nah, they already confirmed what they were planning to do. They were going to have him be the reincarnation of a founder of Gallifrey called "The Other", who worked with Omega and Rassilon to move Gallifrey out of a dark age and to become Time Lords and whatnot.

They were going to have Susan be the granddaughter of The Other, and to have had the 1st Doctor travel back to ancient Gallifrey, and have Susan recognise him as her grandfather, and The Doctor sort of instinctively know it was true.

More here and here.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-11-14 15:13:33

The. Waters. Of. Mars. Comes. Out. Tomorrow.

And frigging BBC Entertainment doesn't give a damn about it.
I've no chance of accessing the regular BBC channels where I live.
My only hope is if someone streams it or something, I guess...
My local BBC's subconsciousness is having them broadcast all of series 2 this sunday...
But as far as I know, they've no intention of showing the one all are anticipating!
Wha!?

I'm afraid you'll have to speak up.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-11-14 15:14:44

At 11/14/09 03:13 PM, MrDark01234 wrote: The. Waters. Of. Mars. Comes. Out. Tomorrow.

And frigging BBC Entertainment doesn't give a damn about it.
I've no chance of accessing the regular BBC channels where I live.
My only hope is if someone streams it or something, I guess...
My local BBC's subconsciousness is having them broadcast all of series 2 this sunday...
But as far as I know, they've no intention of showing the one all are anticipating!
Wha!?

Just watch it on iPlayer. It's streamed live, and then is available to watch at any time after that for a week.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-11-15 02:01:08

Just watch it on iPlayer. It's streamed live, and then is available to watch at any time after that for a week.

Guess what: I don't live in the UK.

I'm afraid you'll have to speak up.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-11-15 07:43:59

At 11/15/09 02:01 AM, MrDark01234 wrote:
Guess what: I don't live in the UK.

Oh, just when you said local BBC I assumed that like, BBC Scotland wasn't airing it for some reason, since they normally have slightly different schedules to the rest of the country.

Why were you even expecting it to air at the same time, then? Doctor Who always airs in the UK first, and then in the rest of the world over the next few weeks/months.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-11-15 09:17:21

I'm quite excited for tonight's episode, even though I know it'll be shit, since it's RTD, and it's on Mars but there's no hint of Ice Warriors in it.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-11-15 15:03:40

State your name, rank and intention.

The Doctor...Doctor...fun.

That was pretty ace.

Didn't like the idea that the Ice Warriors were ancient, though, since The Seeds of Death takes place in the late 21st century, AFTER when this episode is set, and both Peladon stories are set well in the future.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-11-15 15:05:49

At 11/15/09 09:17 AM, TheMaster wrote: I'm quite excited for tonight's episode, even though I know it'll be shit, since it's RTD, and it's on Mars but there's no hint of Ice Warriors in it.

Ice Warriors were mentioned.

Thought the Doctor might go back to Gallifrey after his speech about how he has it in his power to do so. Do you think this might happen at Christmas?

Also, John Simm Skeleton head is a bit WTF.

This is a Prime piece of real estate below.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-11-15 15:06:33

That was the worst thing I've seen on TV in a while.

There were collectively about 90 seconds during which I didn't feel like strangling the writers.

I'd expect this from RTD, and I see that this Phil Ford hack wrote most of the second season of The Sarah Jane Adventures, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-11-15 15:09:18

At 11/15/09 03:05 PM, Sweeper128 wrote: Ice Warriors were mentioned.

I noticed, and was pleased. At least he acknowledged them, even if they weren't a part of the episode.

Thought the Doctor might go back to Gallifrey after his speech about how he has it in his power to do so. Do you think this might happen at Christmas?

Time Lords are already confirmed to be revived in the finale, with Timothy Dalton playing one, so going back to pre-Time War Gallifrey wouldn't be out of the question.

Also, John Simm Skeleton head is a bit WTF.

Probably something to do with how he's revived. Like, he's not time lord any more, he's a robot or some shit. I don't know, too early to say.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-11-15 15:13:29

It's good to have a different take on things. At least altering timelines does have some consequences; it seems to be ignored for the most part, usually (or he just says "we're part of events now" or some shit).

I enjoyed his breakdown at the end too.

Is it tradition that they hire such plastic support actors though? I swear the girl at the end said "what are you?"

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-11-15 15:22:14

At 11/15/09 03:13 PM, HeartbreakHoldout wrote: Is it tradition that they hire such plastic support actors though? I swear the girl at the end said "what are you?"

They spent all the casting budget on explosions and magic fire that burns on the surface of Mars.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-11-15 15:27:46

If anyone cares to make a guess.

Doctor Who Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2009-11-15 15:50:54

At 11/15/09 03:50 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote:
At 11/15/09 03:27 PM, TheMaster wrote: If anyone cares to make a guess.
Kamelion

Already suggested that on /tv/.

It so can't be though. Even Davies isn't that stupid.

BBS Signature