00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Review Request Club

297,195 Views | 6,215 Replies

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-08 21:05:11

6 reviews done so far, i think i may do them early this week. :D

instagram.com/five_mile_smile

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-08 21:19:57

At 7/8/08 09:05 PM, Shadow-1409 wrote: 6 reviews done so far, i think i may do them early this week. :D

I personally wouldn't want to wait till Sunday afternoon to do a list this big. It might be in your best interest do get a few done during the week. ;p
...I've got 6 done, too. I need to get cracking on them; don't want to still have 10+ left by the weekend... :/

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-08 21:35:12

At 7/8/08 09:19 PM, Metal-Therapy wrote:
I personally wouldn't want to wait till Sunday afternoon to do a list this big. It might be in your best interest do get a few done during the week. ;p
...I've got 6 done, too. I need to get cracking on them; don't want to still have 10+ left by the weekend... :/

I do them all in one day. It's not that bad. Even though to be honest I don't really get into much detail with the audio reviews, but hey if I'm not good at audio reviews then I'm not good at audio reviews right?

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-09 07:50:17

I feel i dish out way better reviews if i dont leave em till the last day, cuz i feel like i can put more time into them. :D

instagram.com/five_mile_smile

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-09 08:16:06

At 7/9/08 07:50 AM, Shadow-1409 wrote: I feel i dish out way better reviews if i dont leave em till the last day, cuz i feel like i can put more time into them. :D

If I had time I could write 100's of helpful flash reviews a day, it's just that I really don't know how to write a helpful audio review because I'm not really into audio that much.

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-09 10:44:15

Hey, what's up?

I'm going to join this nifty club here. Don't bother with telling me how it works, though; I've already lurked around. Thanks.

As a request, I'd like to get my first audio submission reviewed, please: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 56593

Thanks again.

You can thank Corky for driving my attention to this place :P

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-09 11:00:56

At 7/9/08 10:44 AM, YoungAndWise wrote: Hey, what's up?

Trying to get by with slow ass internet.

I'm going to join this nifty club here. Don't bother with telling me how it works, though; I've already lurked around. Thanks.

Then you better get started on the reviews on the list on the page before this.

As a request, I'd like to get my first audio submission reviewed, please: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 56593

Thanks again.

Thanks for mentioning me. I do get points for that if I'm not mistakened.

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-09 11:13:07

At 7/9/08 11:00 AM, Corky52 wrote:
At 7/9/08 10:44 AM, YoungAndWise wrote: Hey, what's up?
Trying to get by with slow ass internet.

Hah, same. Except it's because I'm downloading a bunch of stuff.

Then you better get started on the reviews on the list on the page before this.

That will have to wait till my connection gets faster :P

ALL YOUR STATS R BELONG 2 US.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-09 12:12:11

At 7/9/08 10:44 AM, YoungAndWise wrote:

Welcome! Is it safe to assume that you understand the rules and how things work here? If you're not sure about anything, check out my post near the bottom of page 162. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. Someone here will be glad to walk you through any questions. :)

Just like I could have gotten points for reffering you? I don't know if you were going to join anyway, but I still say that I reffered you. XP

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-09 12:15:52

At 7/9/08 12:12 PM, Metal-Therapy wrote:
Just like I could have gotten points for reffering you? I don't know if you were going to join anyway, but I still say that I reffered you. XP

Well you did refer me, but doesn't it say in the rules that I have to mention it in my first post or something. If it doesn't matter then, yes Metal-Therapy did refer me over AIM. If your allowed go ahead and add the points next time you give your totals.

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-09 12:19:41

At 7/9/08 12:15 PM, Corky52 wrote:
Well you did refer me, but doesn't it say in the rules that I have to mention it in my first post or something. If it doesn't matter then, yes Metal-Therapy did refer me over AIM. If your allowed go ahead and add the points next time you give your totals.

Nah, it's not a big deal, I was just kidding. If I really wanted to get points for reffering you then I would have said so in my point totals for that week.
Glad to see another new member, though. Good job getting the word out, Cork.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-09 13:35:58

At 7/9/08 10:44 AM, YoungAndWise wrote:

Yes you do get points for that... unless of course, I forgot to add them, so telling me on early Monday/late Sunday in a PM that you get referral points is advisable. ;)

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-09 19:18:52

I'd like to get some thoughts on my latest song "Heal"
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 56913

It's a remix, and I made it into a progressive trance song. I usually don't make trance, nor do I make progressive music. So this is a first for me. Any and all comments are welcome.

Thanks in advanced!

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio

Latest Track: Phoenix

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-09 20:08:21

All my reviews completed, and all before Thursday morn!
Did i finish before Metal-Therepy? YES! :P

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge || Elite Guard Barracks || Review Request Club || NGLog

I watch an unholy amount of films

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-09 20:13:54

At 7/9/08 08:08 PM, Shanus wrote: All my reviews completed, and all before Thursday morn!

I couldn't decide between the "beaten" or "Muted" smilies for this post. You rule, Shanus, Good job. You kicked my ass this week. ;p

I've only got like 10 done so far. :'(

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-09 20:14:56

At 7/9/08 08:08 PM, Shanus wrote: All my reviews completed, and all before Thursday morn!

But I had all mine done Tuesday morning.

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-09 22:04:45

I would like to requests three pieces of audio for somebody. He wanted some people to hear his audio. The audio is suppose to be rock comedy so remember that. I told him I would request them here.

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 56931

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 56907

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 56729

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-10 14:48:30

Spotlight recommendation! My friend just got a NG account and his first song has one review. by me :(

Bass Loop AL

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-10 18:55:07

This sounds like a great idea,
I'd love to be a reviewer.

Could I join?

Nick is awesome and new...

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-10 19:05:13

Well, I love reviewing songs. Mostly trance, techno, dance, etc. But I do review the occasional Ambiance and Hip-hop songs.

I'm not sure if there is an 'approval' for someone to join the Review Request Club, so I guess I'll start reviewing what ever is thrown this way.

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio

Latest Track: Phoenix

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-10 19:37:03

At 7/10/08 06:55 PM, nickisnew wrote: This sounds like a great idea,

Could I join?

*inserts generic, slightly altered welcome message.* :P

Great! Welcome guys! If you would like to join here, then just simply start by reviewing the request list posted by Haggard on Page 162. It's the current list for this week, you have till this coming Sunday to finish it.
Besides reviewing, the only other thing you have to do is add up and post your points here in this thread once your finished writing the reviews.
You get points for writing reviews, and for other things as well. You can see how many points you have total, along with how many reviews you've done and you percentage rate, among other things, once your name is added to the user list. (You can also find this list in the same post I linked to above.)
1. Here is a key for tallying up your points when the time comes
You get...
5 points for every movie/game request reviewed
7 points for every audio request reviewed
+7 points if you do ALL the requests for the current week
+3 points for posting here throughout the week
and +1 point for EACH review you write "Review Request Club" in. (You can look at my reviews for an exapmle, if you wish. :) ) -You don't NEED to write it in your reviews, you just get an extra point for it. :P
I think that about covers everything. I know its a lot to take in all at once, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask. I, or any other member here will be glad to help walk you through anything you need help with. Have fun!

At 7/10/08 07:05 PM, TMM43 wrote:
I'm not sure if there is an 'approval' for someone to join the Review Request Club, so I guess I'll start reviewing what ever is thrown this way.

Nah, just leave good reviews, that's all. ;p

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-10 19:42:50

Oh, and both of your guy's reviews look pretty good to me. It's great to see more potentially great new members!
And on a side note. Like I said, you guys can start on the list I linked to in my previous post, if you want. But it's a big list, and it's due THIS Sunday. You guys just might be better off waiting until this coming Sunday for the new list to be made. (Bezman, one of our fine memebrs, usually makes an update around this time of week, too.)
You've still got time, so as far as I know it's up to you. :)

Once again, any questions, feel free to ask away. :P

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-10 20:20:07

To requestors - if you made a request since my last list and it is not listed below, I have made a mistake. Let me know if I missed your request or got the link wrong.
If you make a request after this post, it won't be included until next Thursday/Friday's update.

To reviewers - this is the list of requests made between my last update and now. It's a 'preview' of the list that will be posted on Sunday or Monday - Haggard or Shanus will probably tally the points for these reviews in 10 days time - on the 20th/21st July. If you haven't already completed them, I suggest you first review some stuff from Haggard's list on page 162.

General Rules for Requesters:
If you are planning on requesting reviews, please:
- Make no more than 3 requests within one week.
- Respond to reviews.
- Be patient. Due to the points system, you may not see reviews until up to two weeks after you request.
- Post a direct link to the submission(s) you want reviewed.
- Do NOT request without posting a link.
- Do NOT just say "Review everything" or just link to your profile.
- Do NOT request reviews for the same submission more than once.

Movie Requests:(2)
MSC 3 by Anto (AntoArts-Admin)
Tribute: K0rkz 3 by Lisard

Game Requests:(1)
Abe Simpson Soundboard by Frenzy

Audio Requests:(15)
Beach Melo Remake 2008 by FlamingFirebolt
Flesh Eating Bacteria by The Stig (OctaneVein)
High Octane Mk I by The Stig (OctaneVein)
-Issue- by Stephan (riemannSum)
issue [2.0] by Stephan (riemannSum)
Chitarro by Stephan (riemannSum)
Oh My Goodness! by Seth (BudGPStudios)
(TGF) Vulpus Overture Redux by Seth (BudGPStudios)
Ex Nihilum Remix by Seth (BudGPStudios)
Song of Storms (Windmill Song) by Angel Urena (YoungAndWise)
[TMM43]Heal by DJ Pinke (TMM43)
Soul Summon by Your Master (KlanMaster911)
Dont Listen To This Song! by Your Master (KlanMaster911)
Tell Your Mother by Your Master (KlanMaster911)

Spotlighted Recommendations:
Loop: Bass Loop AL by A L (AoLun)

You get points for reviewing recommendations as if they were requests.
You may make a recommendation if you reviewed 100% of the previous weeks requests and recommendations. It should be over 3 days old and have under 50 reviews.

Plaintext version here.

New Spotlight rules. (over 3 days old/under 50 reviews).

There were a few folk who requested reviews but only linked to their profiles. As the rules state, that's not allowed.

At 7/9/08 10:04 PM, Corky52 wrote: I would like to requests three pieces of audio for somebody. He wanted some people to hear his audio. The audio is suppose to be rock comedy so remember that. I told him I would request them here.

I'll add them to the list this time.

But in future, please ask the original submitter to request the reviews. I think it's good for submitters to see the thread themselves and it looks good when more names are posting in here.

At 7/10/08 07:37 PM, Metal-Therapy wrote:
This sounds like a great idea,

Could I join?
At 7/10/08 07:05 PM, TMM43 wrote: I'm not sure if there is an 'approval' for someone to join the Review Request Club, so I guess I'll start reviewing what ever is thrown this way.
Nah, just leave good reviews, that's all. ;p

Welcome to the club, both of you.

Always great to have more reviewers on board!

The list above is 'due for' 10 days time, so if you start with that list, you'll be able to stay ahead. If you feel up to it, review Haggard's list for Sunday though.

Love you.

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-10 21:08:41

At 7/10/08 08:20 PM, Bezman wrote:
But in future, please ask the original submitter to request the reviews. I think it's good for submitters to see the thread themselves and it looks good when more names are posting in here.

Alright, I will give him a PM sometime and tell him to request his own for now on.

On another note I love how many audio reviews are coming in each week. I'm really getting my audio review count up from what it use to be. I want to get them up to where my flash reviews are.

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-10 21:56:31

Another new song, it's pretty much become routine now for me to come here and request reviews!

Here ya go!

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-10 23:48:04

dun with reviews 188 points this week.

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-11 08:12:20

Noticed this week's mistake.

Plaintext version here.

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-11 09:11:49

Hey, may I join this fine establishment?

--------------- "Disrespect women and acquire currency" ---------------

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-11 09:37:17

At 7/11/08 09:11 AM, X-TERRORIST-X wrote: Hey, may I join this fine establishment?

Sure thing!

*looks at reviews.

hmm... the sign-off seems familiar...

Anyway, I'd suggest you maybe try to be more specific when making criticisms.

Rather than saying a song "was just all over the place." or you 'just didn't feel it', maybe try to think about what in particular turned you off. Was it the lack of variation? The fact that it wasn't evocative enough? That the mixture of styles didn't mesh together?

Try for a bit more clarity.

Also, even with a song you like, try to make a suggestion if you can and even with a song you hate, try to give some praise - authors have feelings too! ;-)

Anyways, it'd be great to have you on board and I suggest you start by reviewing the submissions in the list above over the next week, then posting within the next 9 days to state how many you reviewed from that list and how many points you're due.

There's a new list each week but you can also just review stuff as folk request them if you're already ahead.

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-11 10:34:38

At 7/11/08 09:37 AM, Bezman wrote:
At 7/11/08 09:11 AM, X-TERRORIST-X wrote: Hey, may I join this fine establishment?
Sure thing!

Okay, cool. I'll be sure to improve and start reviewing those submissions.

By the way, would you guys mind reviewing my song? It isn't that good but I tried :)

Here it is

--------------- "Disrespect women and acquire currency" ---------------

BBS Signature