00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Blacktree4 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official World Cup Germany Thread

101,980 Views | 2,613 Replies

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-17 20:35:18

Yay, Portugal to the next round after a shit match.

Great intense neutral football today! The Czech VS Ghana game was awesome but hard for me…i fancy them both because they deserve the next round. The Italy VS USA match was pure entertainment.

God how i hate the Dutch news. Writing that Portugal escaped a horrible faith (after winning 2-0) while the Holland team where heroes (backs against the wall VS Ivory Coast…but hey). Now they are saying that Holland nor Argentina needs to worry about facing Portugal in the 8yh final. Arrogance like this can be the beginning of the downfall. I just keep my mouth shut and see what happens.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-17 22:14:56

Ummm...

That Ghana performance was fantastic... did they really beat the Czech A team?

Or was it the B team?

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-17 22:42:39

The big game tonight:
Aussies v Brazil
Any thoughts?
For mine 2-1 Australia
(the eternal optimist has spoken)

The Revolution!!!! Search with blackle

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-18 03:35:47

the moment we have all been waiting for australia vs some insignifigant 3rd world south american scum..
2-0 to australia.
ill be here posting GOOOOAAAAALLLLLLLLLL twice.
after 3am! shesh! so late!

// Sig Makers // WWE Fans // Tumblr //

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-18 03:51:03

The Italy vs USA game was a pretty entertaining game really. But De Rossi who got sent off for elbowing should venever be alowed to play football again, it was an evil attempt to really hurt someone. Bastard.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-18 04:00:45

damn cant wait for Korea vs. France

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-18 04:17:24

Oh yeah and the Brazil game is sure to be good. I hope.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-18 04:18:53

At 6/18/06 03:51 AM, -Moco- wrote: But De Rossi who got sent off for elbowing should venever be alowed to play football again

it wasnt bad, there was nothing in it.
god soccer is soft.

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-18 04:21:04

At 6/18/06 04:18 AM, madknt wrote:
At 6/18/06 03:51 AM, -Moco- wrote: But De Rossi who got sent off for elbowing should venever be alowed to play football again
god soccer is soft.

I was a pretty dreadful challenge, i just hate elbowing thats all.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-18 04:22:18

i cant believe america are ranked 6th, haha

Also England or Germany to win...

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-18 05:10:29

AUSTRALIA will OWN BRAZIL!

Bla

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-18 05:15:56

At 6/18/06 04:21 AM, -Moco- wrote:
At 6/18/06 04:18 AM, madknt wrote:
god soccer is soft.
I was a pretty dreadful challenge, i just hate elbowing thats all.

The 2 footed tackle was worse. Could have broken that guys leg.

I can't believe that Brazil have one poor game and everyone thinks they're crap. They'll still woop Argentina next time they play.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-18 07:22:02

At 6/18/06 05:15 AM, areyoureadyEddie wrote: I can't believe that Brazil have one poor game and everyone thinks they're crap.

im not baseing my opinion on one game, infact im not baseing my opinion on anything other then australia isnt going to lose.
brazil are over rated, underperforming nobodies.
i have more soccer talent in my left hand then they do in their entire countries hostory.

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-18 07:27:39

At 6/18/06 04:22 AM, kingcookiemonster wrote: i cant believe america are ranked 6th, haha

Flawed FIFA ranking system that gives too much credit to teams in shit qualifying groups (cf. Cameroon > Germany, Sweden etc., Honduras > Ukraine)

Also England or Germany to win...

ZIE LOLLEN

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-18 08:08:37

At 6/18/06 03:51 AM, -Moco- wrote: The Italy vs USA game was a pretty entertaining game really. But De Rossi who got sent off for elbowing should venever be alowed to play football again, it was an evil attempt to really hurt someone. Bastard.

Pfft. Hey pansy boy, I suggest you look for video footage of ANY player that attempts to raise his head as high above the ground as possible in order to hit the ball with it.

He was trying to ELEVATE himself, you ignorant fuck. Check out the rest of De Rossi's career. He has NEVER done anything in order to purposely hurt someone from the opposing team in his fucking life.

Pure awesomeness. You must read it.

(God-like signature by Zeppekk)

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-18 08:18:07

At 6/18/06 08:08 AM, LinkSilvermane wrote: He was trying to ELEVATE himself, you ignorant fuck. Check out the rest of De Rossi's career. He has NEVER done anything in order to purposely hurt someone from the opposing team in his fucking life.

Don't be fucking dense, are you saying he shouldn't have been sent of? De Rossi went out to hurt him, he swung his elbow in his face. There's trying to elevate yourself then there's swinging your elbow. Nasty bastard, should get a suspension.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-18 08:23:52

AUSTRALIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

PISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AA!!

go you good thing, only 3.5 hours or so till the game gets underway..

as for the elbowing, he doesnt deserve a suspension. he didnt deserve a red card.

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-18 08:27:19

At 6/18/06 08:18 AM, Mr_Pope wrote:

Don't be fucking dense, are you saying he shouldn't have been sent of?

No. He should have been more careful. What I'm saying is that he fucked up.

Seriously, get off your chair, and try to hit the ceiling with your head, jumping as high as you possibly can, as if your life depended on it. See what your elbows do?

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-18 08:29:04

At 6/18/06 08:23 AM, madknt wrote:
as for the elbowing, he doesnt deserve a suspension. he didnt deserve a red card.

It's a red card and a 2/3 match ban. Anything else is too lenient or too harsh.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-18 08:29:21

I think that Argentina is going to win the entire WC, just because they were the only team imo that really showed what they got in the first game. All of the other teams were friggin lazy.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-18 08:30:30

At 6/18/06 08:29 AM, -Akula- wrote: I think that Argentina is going to win the entire WC, just because they were the only team imo that really showed what they got in the first game. All of the other teams were friggin lazy.

True. The rest of the teams are concentrating too much on conserving their strength for the finals (like Brazil).

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-18 08:47:33

At 6/18/06 08:29 AM, -Akula- wrote: I think that Argentina is going to win the entire WC, just because they were the only team imo that really showed what they got in the first game. All of the other teams were friggin lazy.

i think everyone is being too narrow minded. Just because they've had the best performance so far doesn't mean they'll win. Its the best Argentina side for a long time and they have a chance but i wouldn't put them as favourites.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-18 08:49:16

At 6/18/06 03:51 AM, -Moco- wrote: The Italy vs USA game was a pretty entertaining game really. But De Rossi who got sent off for elbowing should venever be alowed to play football again, it was an evil attempt to really hurt someone. Bastard.

Yes and you've completely forgotten when Koller got a good cropping vs the USA and is out for the rest of the tournament. Also, after that they targetted Nedved and were snapping him at every possible chance. So yea, they weren't getting a taste of their own medicine...

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-18 08:52:56

At 6/18/06 08:29 AM, jonthomson wrote:
At 6/18/06 08:23 AM, madknt wrote:
It's a red card and a 2/3 match ban. Anything else is too lenient or too harsh.

I can clearly assume that madknt is in to rugby. Would you compare football to rugby then that bash in the face was a minor/medium offence.

Go rooooooooos!

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-18 08:53:51

spain? australia?
lazy!? they went out, started and finished, at 100mph.
your statement is pretty silly.

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-18 09:18:06

I think at the moment, countries like spain, argentinia & brasil have an advantage, since they are more used to playing in these hot conditions.
Argentinia really showed they mean business vs Serbia, especially since its not a country that's that easily beaten (remember how they only had 1 goal against them in the qualifications). But it is too early to say they are the top favorite yet.

Oh I'm really glad this thread exsists. Its one of the few threads here for the REAL men haha. I'ma grab a beer and watch japan vs kroatia now

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-18 10:04:14

I think it's more to do with the fact that they are the only team who can play as a team. Like Brazil have better players but they don't play as a team that well so i don't think they will win. But i would also say that if any of the other big name teams start playing better together they could beat Argentina.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-18 10:07:04

Japan 0-0 Croatia. Not too sure why im still watching the game to be honest.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-18 10:14:36

At 6/18/06 10:07 AM, -Moco- wrote: Japan 0-0 Croatia. Not too sure why im still watching the game to be honest.

Probably because there's nothing else on. So how many times do you guys think we'll see Ronaldo scratching his ass today? I'm going with three.

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-18 10:40:29

if Austrailia beat Brazil i'll eat my penis