00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

monarchwisteria just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official World Cup Germany Thread

101,586 Views | 2,613 Replies

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-16 09:30:44

hahah fuck you above poster!!!

gooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaal!!!

2 - 0!!

the best goal of the world cup so far!!!

hahaha

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-16 09:30:45

Goal of the tournament? Has to be up there, beautiful.

2 - 1 to the dirty Argie diving bastards!!

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-16 09:30:53

V. nice goal there. Now to text "pwned" to my Serbian friends.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-16 09:31:20

What a move! What a goal!

Argentina look superb.Their movement on and off the ball is sharp,direct and they look world class.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-16 09:35:05

I can give a mathematical proof why Germany must win. They won the cup in 1954, 1974 and 1990. So here it is:
54 * 74 - 1990 = 2006!

I don't like the fact that there's a subtraction in there though, it leaves sort of a bad taste...

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-16 09:37:41

I’m here to say: the referee is ruining the game!

He sis ruining it for S&M and also for Argentina: a fine goal by Crespo but it was “offside” and he got yellow.

This tournament is full of shit refs.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-16 09:40:00

heheh

3-0 :D

this is fun =D
I like soccer...

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-16 09:40:21

Levels of ownage rising

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-16 09:40:50

...stroll in the park!

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-16 09:40:55

At 6/16/06 09:37 AM, -Markus wrote:
This tournament is full of shit refs.

True. It's not helped by FIFA giving shitloads of pointless directives, but some of the reffing has been horrible.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-16 09:42:12

Argentina > Everyone else.

Sekshy stuff.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-16 10:10:10

you gotta hand it to them, they're on form.

Still a load of wankers though

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-16 10:42:06

IM feeling sad for serbia & montenegro..

dam 5 - 0

:P

everyone bow down!
:)

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-16 10:46:03

OMG... 6:0. Absolute ownage there.

"GROOOOAAAAAR!!!!" - Tyrannosaurus rex, 65 million years ago

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-16 10:47:01

I'd love Serbia to nick one, just for C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER qualities.

And to think they only qualified for having a defence tighter than a gnat's muff.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-16 10:49:53

I'm quite glad Messi scored and assisted. My brother told me to suggest a striker for the 2nd round of his dream team and i suggested Messi who didn't cost that much. When he didn't start my brother was pissed off but now i'm like, i told you so.

Anyway, pretty good performance but S&M have been shocking. This is why its so important to get a goal against the lesser teams, opens up the game. My only fear if i was an Argentinian would be that the team may be peaking too soon. Often the team that wins the WC doesn't have a great start.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-16 11:13:10

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-16 11:32:44

At 6/16/06 10:49 AM, areyoureadyEddie wrote: I'm quite glad Messi scored and assisted. My brother told me to suggest a striker for the 2nd round of his dream team and i suggested Messi who didn't cost that much. When he didn't start my brother was pissed off but now i'm like, i told you so.

Did you not know about how good he is before the tournament started? The kid is 18 and a genius.He reminds me alot of Mardonna back in the day.Small with a low centre of gravity,stays on his feet and most importantly.. is an absolute talant.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-16 11:39:59

Well, that was rape.

Thos already predicting Argentina as world champion should tome it down, they had no resistance today. There is a good chance Portugal has to play them in the 8th finals and all I say: keep em short. S&M where defending from a distance while you have to defend on the man, ride his back etc. I think I prefer Holland though…argh, not cool the next round.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-16 11:41:48

At 6/16/06 11:39 AM, Sharpie_ wrote: Cristiano Ronalda of Portugal is definetly one of the best young talents in this World Cup.

Hmm, Messi, Rooney, Kaka, Robben, Tevez and arguably Lennon are all better young players than Ronaldo.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-16 11:42:35

At 6/16/06 11:39 AM, Sharpie_ wrote:
At 6/16/06 11:32 AM, VirginLungs wrote: Did you not know about how good he is before the tournament started? The kid is 18 and a genius.He reminds me alot of Mardonna back in the day.Small with a low centre of gravity,stays on his feet and most importantly.. is an absolute talant.
Minus his bad attitude, Cristiano Ronalda of Portugal is definetly one of the best young talents in this World Cup.

What bad attitude?he seems more decent then alot of his team mates in that he stays on his feet.

And Ronaldo? I dunno,i'm a Utd supported so I should be supporting them but he is a bit of a show pony.Alot of the time there is no end product.I don't think he is in the same league as Messi and Riquelme.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-16 11:43:20

At 6/16/06 11:39 AM, Sharpie_ wrote: Minus his bad attitude, Cristiano Ronalda of Portugal is definetly one of the best young talents in this World Cup.

Ja, ese filho da puta presisa algumas shapadas na cara! He is great, though his egoistic and big mouth attitude ruins him and the team. He does a lot of tricks that in the end made no sense and had no contribution to the game. He needs to be more efficient and a better team player.

Netherlands 1 - 1 Ivory coast.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-16 12:53:26

At 6/16/06 11:43 AM, -Markus wrote: Netherlands 1 - 1 Ivory coast.

I'm hopeing the Ivory Coast win... if for nothing else, it would make for a good story. They might have a chance, that is, if this shitty ref doesn't destroy the game.

John Rambo is my hero

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-16 14:01:18

Woah holy shit, Argentina are scary. A truly brilliant perfomance against Serbia & Montenegro. Watch out everyone else.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-16 14:04:19

Yay Holland won!

Never ask how

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-16 14:06:43

mexico wont stand a chance in the 2nd round

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-16 15:16:34

At 6/16/06 02:06 PM, jn4 wrote: mexico wont stand a chance in the 2nd round

LOL Mexico hasn't even played Portugal and you're already putting them in 2nd place?

I laugh at how many people actually underestimate Mexico.

And holy shit that wa spure ownage by argentinians, I was laughing my ass off at the 6th goal.

"Aww man I shot marvin in the face..."

Last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-16 15:45:16

Why on earth Perkemen insists on using Saviola instead of Tevez or Messi is simply incredible... Both of them, when they came on, where brilliant, with excellent plays, demonstrating much more skill and talent than Saviola (who can basically run and do a good pass now and then). I only hope he keeps them off the team, or else Argentina is going to be a tough nut to crack. But the Argentines did reveal one weakness (of sorts): Riquelme. He's brilliant, but the team depends too much on him. If you can mark him well, them the Argentines will probably have a bit of trouble.
And its a damm shame about the Ivory Coast. They play some pretty good football, but they lack that vital finishing touch, as well as not being very well tacitly organized. Had they gotten a easier group (say, the German or French one), they probably would have passed through.

Fun: THAT IS THE BENEFIT OF DIPLOMATIC IMUNITY!

To think about the world, click cat.

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-16 16:02:03

At 6/16/06 03:45 PM, Vertigo200 wrote: Why on earth Perkemen insists on using Saviola instead of Tevez or Messi is simply incredible... Both of them, when they came on, where brilliant, with excellent plays, demonstrating much more skill and talent than Saviola (who can basically run and do a good pass now and then). I only hope he keeps them off the team, or else Argentina is going to be a tough nut to crack. But the Argentines did reveal one weakness (of sorts): Riquelme. He's brilliant, but the team depends too much on him. If you can mark him well, them the Argentines will probably have a bit of trouble.

I was about to spit my drink when I read the name Riquelme was the only weakness.

And its a damm shame about the Ivory Coast. They play some pretty good football, but they lack that vital finishing touch, as well as not being very well tacitly organized. Had they gotten a easier group (say, the German or French one), they probably would have passed through.

Ecuador is definitely not easy, same with the Swiss team. I would say the easiest group is Spain's group.

"Aww man I shot marvin in the face..."

Last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-16 16:09:30

At 6/16/06 03:16 PM, Latinoralf wrote:
At 6/16/06 02:06 PM, jn4 wrote: mexico wont stand a chance in the 2nd round
LOL Mexico hasn't even played Portugal and you're already putting them in 2nd place?

mexico wont stand a chance no matter what place they get in the group