00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew

87,079 Views | 949 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2009-04-04 01:00:23

We are discussing a lot of nu-metal, but what about metalcore ?!? :(

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2009-04-06 19:37:54

My top 10 favorite core bands (in no particular order)

All That Remains
The Human Abstract
Glass Casket
Protest The Hero
Between The Buried And Me
All Shall Perish
Through The Eyes Of The Dead
As I Lay Dying
The Agonist
Bullet For My Valentine

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2009-04-07 18:05:30

At 4/7/09 03:56 AM, Aci6 wrote: What's Nu-Metal anyway? Anyway, I listen to quite a few metalcore bands and they're among my favourite bands altogether. They are:

Nu-Metal... just to name you a few...
Korn, Limp Bizkit, Slipknot, Disturded, Ill Nino, Linkin Park

you know...

I Killed The Prom Queen
Bullet For My Valentine
Parkway Drive
Avenged Sevenfold
Trivium
...and a few more I can't think of :P
But what does everyone think of IKTPQ? They're easily my favourite...

Parkway Drive is pretty good :)

And I really don't know shit about IKTPQ, I'll go check them out just for you.

And I listenned to a little more stuff by Killswitch Engage, and I think it's quite interresting, especially for the vocals.

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2009-04-10 02:54:39

so would you say that your more into core or nu-metal?

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2009-04-20 00:32:37

Fuck !!
The Human Abstract is sooooooo awesome

I really like their songs from the album Midheaven !!!

Breathing Life Into Devices would be my favorite track on the album, but Metanoia as great lyrics !!!

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2009-04-20 19:23:49

At 4/20/09 03:15 PM, BareNakedMike wrote:
At 4/4/09 01:00 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: We are discussing a lot of nu-metal, but what about metalcore ?!? :(
hmm I'm not really sure how I feel about metalcore, I listen to a few artists but it doesn't really appeal to me. Are Lamb of God considered metalcore?

No, they are a kind of Thrash Metal. But they really aren't even respected in the Metal Hell :P

You should check out

The Human Abstract
All That Remains
Threat Signal
All Shall Perish
As I Lay Dying
Between The Buried And Me
Glass Casket
Bullet For My Valentine
Protest The Hero
Shadows Fall
Through The Eyes Of The Dead
Parkway Drive
Throwdown

there is some deathcore, harcore, metalcore and prog metalcore in there.

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2009-04-20 19:30:39

At 4/20/09 07:23 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: No, they are a kind of Thrash Metal. But they really aren't even respected in the Metal Hell :P

I wouldn't even consider them that.

I'd consider them on the edge between metalcore and really shittie death-ish thrash metal.

Threat Signal

Ah the technical Melodic death metal band? Haha.

Bullet For My Valentine

No, while I acknowledge that I can understand to an extent why some Nu-metal and/or Metalcore/emocore bands appeal to people, even if they do not appeal to me, BFMV is the only one that I truly can't understand how anyone can enjoy and consider 'music'.

I just felt like posting cause a few bros from the hell post here.

Cheers, also this thread is a disgrace to the metal hell. 'nuff said.

Chou!

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2009-04-20 19:40:27

At 4/20/09 07:30 PM, AniMetal wrote: I wouldn't even consider them that.
I'd consider them on the edge between metalcore and really shittie death-ish thrash metal.

Lamb of God are Groove Metal. Which is the classic Thrash + Hardcore Punk forumla but its not Crossover and its not Metalcore.
Its middle of the water Metalness.

I can understand both why and why they wouldn't be considered tr00.

No, while I acknowledge that I can understand to an extent why some Nu-metal and/or Metalcore/emocore bands appeal to people, even if they do not appeal to me, BFMV is the only one that I truly can't understand how anyone can enjoy and consider 'music'.

The 'Hand of Blood' EP is a good listen. And there is nothing about their music that is particularly edgy and unique to make them specifically dislikable. Its just Trivium but minus the ripped off Metallica riffs.
Metalcorey riffs + clean vocals + shouty bits.
Its standard Metalcore, which is understandable due to their position in making it a big genre.

Not really. This is a place for a different type of music that is disgraceful in the Metal Hell. But its an artform nonetheless and this is the place to celebrate that.
I think its disgraceful spreading the elitism here too.

Chou!

Its 'ciao' :P.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2009-04-20 19:56:34

At 4/20/09 07:30 PM, AniMetal wrote:
At 4/20/09 07:23 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: No, they are a kind of Thrash Metal. But they really aren't even respected in the Metal Hell :P
I wouldn't even consider them that.

like Nev said... Groove Metal... so there is some thrash elements in there.

Threat Signal
Ah the technical Melodic death metal band? Haha.

Like All That Remains, they are playing both genres, so yeah.
And they are Technical Melodic Death :)

Bullet For My Valentine

Waking The Demon?...

I just felt like posting cause a few bros from the hell post here.

loll... no.... especially since you guys do not consider metalcore to be metal.

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2009-04-20 22:41:33

At 4/20/09 07:56 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: like Nev said... Groove Metal... so there is some thrash elements in there.

Besides pantera(And Lamb Of God apparently) i don't know any Groove metal bands.

What are some example groove metal bands?

Like All That Remains, they are playing both genres, so yeah.
And they are Technical Melodic Death :)

Threat signal is a lot better than ATR in my opinion.

ATR's only song like is "this calling", and that's cause it's catching and not because it is good.

loll... no.... especially since you guys do not consider metalcore to be metal.

Because it isn't metal.

I consider Grindcore metal.
I don't consider Deathcore metal, but I like some deathcore.
I KNOW metalcore isn't metal, and I don't like any of it more or less.

Just throwing that out there.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2009-04-21 01:34:08

At 4/20/09 10:41 PM, AniMetal wrote:
Threat signal is a lot better than ATR in my opinion.

ATR's only song like is "this calling", and that's cause it's catching and not because it is good.

ATR is awesome. If you do not already know about the tracks on This Darkened Heart than you should check them out right now. My favorite track by ATR would still be And Death In My Arms.

And there really what's wrong with ATR? Absolutely nothing. You could complain about the fact that The Fall Of Ideals really is a commercial record. But what about This Darkened Heart? It's simply awesome and I never heard anything like it before. They are really original, all their songs have this little special thing that makes them awesome. The riffs are quite simple, it's true, but they are still fitting very well in their music. And what can I say about the drums? They are great !!!

Phil is one heck of a fucking good vocalist btw. He puts a lot of Death Metal growlers to shame and kick the asses of some of the best screamer of the Melodeath scene. Still his clean vocals are fantastic. Can't stop listenning to their stuff :)

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2009-04-30 07:38:48

Well Metal Hell is an epic fail, so can I join this group?

My list:

Cradle of Filth
Immolation
Regurgitate
Children of Bodom
Kataklysm
Exodus
Arch Enemy
Kaamos
Disbelief
Bring me The Horizon
MindGrinder
As Blood Runs Black
From the Shallows
I Killed the Prom Queen
All Shall Perish
Whitechapel
Rose Funeral
Suffocation
Severe Torture
Decapitated
Mithras
Sepultura
Clifton
Paths of Possesion
In Flames
Norther
Dark Tranquility
Torture Killer
The Absence
One Man Army & The Undead Quartet
Suicide Silence

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2009-04-30 16:44:20

At 4/30/09 07:38 AM, M0r1din wrote: Well Metal Hell is an epic fail, so can I join this group?

You can still be a part of both of the groups, just like me.
A lot of the artists you have mentionned up there are Real Metal.

A lot of the bands you have listed are metal
and there is a lot of deathcore and metalcore also on your list

Bring Me The Horizon
All Shall Perish

IMO, you would fit in both crews.
Welcome in mate :)

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2009-04-30 18:15:27

Awesome, thanks.

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2009-04-30 20:43:02

At 4/30/09 04:44 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: You can still be a part of both of the groups, just like me.

And me :).

BBS Signature

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2009-04-30 20:49:02

At 4/30/09 06:15 PM, M0r1din wrote: Awesome, thanks.

so, let's start chating a little.
Do you like All That Remains?

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2009-04-30 20:53:30

At 4/30/09 08:49 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: so, let's start chating a little.

No. For a very specific reason. They were supporting DragonForce in 2007 and I used up all my energy during their performance so during DF I had to go to the toilet to throw up and thus wasted the money which I'd spent in order to enjoy DF.

Dehydration is a bitch.

Although I did enjoy ATR whilst they were on and even got a bit of a feel of their singer ;). But the whole 'drinking on the train to the gig' will have been responsible for that :P,.

BBS Signature

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2009-05-01 13:01:48

At 4/30/09 08:53 PM, Nev wrote:
At 4/30/09 08:49 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: so, let's start chating a little.
No. For a very specific reason. They were supporting DragonForce in 2007 and I used up all my energy during their performance so during DF I had to go to the toilet to throw up and thus wasted the money which I'd spent in order to enjoy DF.

Dehydration is a bitch.
Although I did enjoy ATR whilst they were on and even got a bit of a feel of their singer ;). But the whole 'drinking on the train to the gig' will have been responsible for that :P,.

All That Remains > DragonForce
Why? Because of diversity in their music.
DragonForce is not evolving at all. Their staling. There is very little difference and progression through their career.

This is not the case for All That Remains. They diversify their stuff a lot from an album to another. But better than this, they diversify their stuff from song to song.

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2009-05-16 22:02:49

At 5/16/09 09:04 PM, BareNakedMike wrote: I could never take music that seriously.

We just don't want people talking about bands that aren't suitable.

BBS Signature

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2009-05-17 01:13:59

At 5/17/09 12:59 AM, BareNakedMike wrote:
At 5/16/09 10:02 PM, Nev wrote:
At 5/16/09 09:04 PM, BareNakedMike wrote: I could never take music that seriously.
We just don't want people talking about bands that aren't suitable.
that's understandable, but that's why most crews have rules or a structure set up on the first post. Most people will either see that first post and then post that they like Motorhead Black Sabbath and Judas Priest before reading the rest of the first page, or the latest page.

I had never heard of bands like Necrophagist Opeth or Mayhem when I first posted in that topic so being told that bands something related to the first three were considered Rock bands confused me. "What kind of Metal crew doesn't like you for listing Heavy Metal bands?"

Instead of making remarks and comments about peoples tastes like what happened to me it would have felt more mature and opening if there was a way to know what is suitable for joining, or even if they just don't want people who like common metal bands.

Well, this is not the Metal Hell. This is the Metalcore/Nu-metal club. And none of these two crews should judge your tastes. In fact, the crews are not judging you, but there are so many teenagers who would like to destroy anything that is not fitting their tastes.

Don't take this all too seriously, for your tastes are not any worste than any one elses.

If you would like to join the Metal Hell or this crew, just feel free to post your favorite bands in each of these crew and we'll see what would fit you best.

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2009-05-17 07:34:15

At 5/17/09 12:59 AM, BareNakedMike wrote: At 5/17/09 12:59 AM, BareNakedMike wrote: I had never heard of bands like Necrophagist Opeth or Mayhem when I first posted in that topic so being told that bands something related to the first three were considered Rock bands confused me. "What kind of Metal crew doesn't like you for listing Heavy Metal bands?"

We'd never have dismissed Sabbath, Priest or Motorhead. They're all bands we find acceptable, very much so in fact.

Instead of making remarks and comments about peoples tastes like what happened to me it would have felt more mature and opening if there was a way to know what is suitable for joining, or even if they just don't want people who like common metal bands.

Well the club is quite old and when it got popular you got a lot of people joining who didn't really understand the topic and weren't educated in what we consider true Metal, so the rules were implemented quite a while after Goatchrist started it.

It's a very elitist mentality but we feel its necessary in order to stop the idiots. Unfortunately people who are perhaps more interested in learning and sensible posters will be caught in the net too.

BBS Signature

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2009-05-18 19:32:48

Elitism? There's no elitism in the Metal Hell.... just opinions on which bands are good and which are not... and since it's basically all just opinions... than we can't talk about real elitism.

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2009-05-18 19:34:40

Its which bands are Metal and which are not. Irrelevant of whether we like them.
Most people in there hate Cradle of Filth but we all accept them as Metal.

BBS Signature

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2009-05-18 20:51:53

At 5/18/09 07:34 PM, Nev wrote: Its which bands are Metal and which are not. Irrelevant of whether we like them.
Most people in there hate Cradle of Filth but we all accept them as Metal.

em... calling a dog a dog... is not elitism...

Deathcore is deathcore
Death metal is death metal

If you can't ear the difference... than you are LAME :D

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2009-05-19 03:58:16

At 5/18/09 08:51 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: em... calling a dog a dog... is not elitism...

Deathcore is deathcore

Many people would disagree agree with that. It comes down to what you think is Metal. And the Metal Hell is undoubtedly of an elitist mindset as we don't consider Nu-Metal and -core to be true.

Do you have to argue every single point? There is NO way that you could think the Metal Hell isn't elitist.

BBS Signature

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2009-05-19 14:02:26

I´ve been getting into metalcore lately, is there some required amount of bands that i have to listen to so i can join?
I like Trivium, some Slipknot, and Black Dahlia murderer.

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2009-05-19 17:34:10

At 5/19/09 05:23 PM, BareNakedMike wrote: When did it start becoming popular? Because I think I tried some time in 06/07.

I joined around then myself and had a list that wouldn't get me in by todays standards, and I was flamed to hell.

Was the user called IronFist? He was quite a bastard.

BBS Signature

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2009-05-19 20:43:52

At 5/19/09 03:58 AM, Nev wrote:
At 5/18/09 08:51 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: em... calling a dog a dog... is not elitism...

Deathcore is deathcore
Many people would disagree agree with that. It comes down to what you think is Metal. And the Metal Hell is undoubtedly of an elitist mindset as we don't consider Nu-Metal and -core to be true.

I do not care about the "this is not considered as metal" thing. In fact, if someone would like to join the Metal Hell and say "I like Cypress Hill and Eminem, can I join?"
Would it be elitist to tell him rap is not fitting in the Metal Hell? I don't think so. The only way the Metal Hell is elitist is because a lot of metalhead consider "core" to suck too much to be metal. But that really is not the same thing that I am doing here. I can see the difference between both genres, and just like you, I appreciate both. So no elitism here.

Do you have to argue every single point? There is NO way that you could think the Metal Hell isn't elitist.

Am I argueing? You think I am?
Maybe I am, and what's the problem with this? I like to have debates, it's making us more intelligent, a little more open-minded and it can help you making up better opinions with deeper meanings.

I am not forcing you into any debates though, it's your right to ignore anything I say.

After The Human Abstract's show, I was really dissapointed because the vocalist was not there for the show... so they just left two mics on the stage for anyone to come and sing on-stage with them. I really was dissapointed because I just love the vocals on the album Midheaven...
Anyway, I really didn't like the other bands live either... so I really just did waste my evening... but after the show I thought that I could go check out studio records of the artists that I didn't like. So right now I am checking out the band Vanna... and later I'll check out Iwrestledabearonce...

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2009-05-20 06:37:07

At 5/19/09 08:43 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Would it be elitist to tell him rap is not fitting in the Metal Hell? I don't think so.

It wouldn't, Rap isn't Metal. You're just stating the obvious.
The idea of elitism is that somethings are better than others. You can compare Metal and Metalcore cause they've both got the similarity of Metal. And we're saying that Metalcore, etc isn't welcome in the Metal Hell because we see it as inferior in terms of true Metalness.

Of course you could say Metal is a higher form of music than Rap, but its a bit stupid and stylistically too many rungs away.

Maybe I am, and what's the problem with this? I like to have debates, it's making us more intelligent, a little more open-minded and it can help you making up better opinions with deeper meanings.

I'm open-minded enough as it is. I love all forms of music. I'm just speaking objectively here from the Hell's canon (if you will).

I am not forcing you into any debates though, it's your right to ignore anything I say.

I'm too stubborn :P.

BBS Signature

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2009-05-20 13:22:40

I really do understand your point. But when I tell someone Bullet For My Valentine is not metal, I'm not doing it cause I dislike them or see em as inferior to any metal, but because it simply isn't metal.