00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Duckyellow just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Random Rant

20,612 Views | 194 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Random Rant 2005-12-24 13:23:06

At 12/24/05 12:25 PM, bigexplosions wrote: This is the first time in history I saw Tom Fulp rant.

its the first time i've ever seen him even remotly angry O_o

Response to Random Rant 2005-12-24 13:25:39

At 12/24/05 01:23 PM, chrisexe wrote:
At 12/24/05 12:25 PM, bigexplosions wrote: This is the first time in history I saw Tom Fulp rant.
its the first time i've ever seen him even remotly angry O_o

you have seen tom fulp angry!!!1??1

well everyone rants, even god did when he did the whole Noah scene.

Response to Random Rant 2005-12-24 13:27:18

wow tom ranting christmas does bring miricles

BBS Signature

Response to Random Rant 2005-12-24 13:59:05

i've ranted about the call of duty 2 commercials myself. That is a slimey tactic that publishers have used on the back of boxes before to make their game look amazing. I think there needs to be a "not actual gameplay footage" stamped on there.

jen enjoys dasani with lemon... at least i'm pretty sure it's dasani. I don't really care for flavored water. Flavored water does not quench thirst as far as I am concerned!

Response to Random Rant 2005-12-24 14:01:35

ok the #2 thing..im going to disagree. i have heard that song before. i actually think its rather sweet. yes the lipton ice tea does have that feeling in your throte when you drink it...but i actually like how it does that. the call of duty 2 advertising...yeah, they dont show you the game, just a movie that isnt part of the game.

i take it the amizon.com thing is what really got you.

Response to Random Rant 2005-12-24 14:05:02

Amen to the Call of Duty 2 commercials and Dasani water.

BBS Signature

Response to Random Rant 2005-12-24 14:12:39

OMG FOAMY FULP.

lol. Hey... um... good rant! er yeah...

Response to Random Rant 2005-12-24 14:17:45

Speak to us, oh Lord, and we shall serve you.

...I can't stand that song either.

Response to Random Rant 2005-12-24 14:27:01

At 12/24/05 12:23 PM, TomFulp wrote: There are a few things that have been getting on my nerves this past week, so at the risk of sounding like Foamy, I thought I would compile them into a single RANT post. So here goes!

1) Call of Duty 2 commercials. Don't open your commercial with a quote from a magazine calling it the best looking game ever, then follow up with fake footage of simulated gameplay. Every Call of Duty commercial does this; they never show actual footage of the game. It might not fool hardcore gamers, but I'm sure tons of people are flocking to stores expecting to re-live the experience they saw on TV. It's false advertising and it pisses me off every time the commercial comes on!

2) That song about Christmas shoes. Have you heard this one? It's a song about a guy who is Christmas shopping, when a poor disheveled boy comes in to the store to buy some shoes for his mom. You see, his mom is sick and his dad says she doesn't have much time, so he wants to be sure she looks nice if she meets Jesus tonight. The song is the most formulaic, pandering bullshit I've ever heard. It tackles all the key heart-tuggers: a poor kid who wants to help his dying mother, a guy who helps the poor kid do so, and lots of references to Jesus and God. It just reaks of bullshit trying to cash in on the season and even worse, the singer sounds like one of those voices you would hear in a South Park parody.

3) Dasani with Lemon. Last night I was in the mood for something a little more than a water, but not too much for my still recovering stomach. I really wanted a Pellegrino sparkling water, but apparently that is too upscale for Wawa (the best convenience store IN THE WORLD, btw). So I decided to try Dasani with Lemon. It's Dasani water, with a touch of lemon. I like water with lemon, but this stuff was sickening. It has this strange burning sensation in your throat and the feeling stays there until you rinse it out with regular water. You know what other drink does this? Bottled Lipton Iced Tea. I hate that stuff with a passion. Lipton tea bags are good, Lipton instant tea is fine, but I avoid Lipton bottled and canned iced tea like the plague. Both Dasani and Lipton are apparently using some chemical lemon substitute that tastes like ACID and someone needs to be fired over this. I thought I might be crazy, but I confirmed this with other people - the crap burns going down and is anything but refreshing.

4) Amazon. I've been a long-time Amazon.com supporter, but recently they have been getting on my bad side. First off, they seem to increasingly rely on alternate vendors to supply merchandise. I'll buy a CD through Amazon, but it will actually be sent to me by a third party vendor who is partnered with Amazon. I ordered a CD that was supposed to ship in 2-3 days and didn't get it until a month later. Amazon tries to dodge responsibility for this by making you deal with the vendor if you have problems. It's hurting their brand, though.

Also, April ordered some gifts through Amazon a whole month before Christmas. Unfortunately, we didn't open the box until we were wrapping gifts yesterday. Turns out the box was filled with someone else's order and now it's too late to replace it in time for Christmas. To make matters worse, April logged in to her account and Amazon was having a yet-to-be-resolved "technical problem" where she can't view her order history. When we tried to fill out a form to return the package, it wouldn't allow us to access the form because no order was on record (due to the technical problem). The recipients will be getting an IOU until we straighten things out with Amazon.

Alright, that's it for my rants. I saw a Call of Duty 2 commercial while I was typing this and I'm still pissed. It feels good to vent.

1) I have COD 2 and its actually pretty sweet. NOTHING like the graphics on the commercials (and that does get annoying and agrevating) but it is still worth while for a nice shooter and some decent graphics.
2) Iv never heard that song, but it sounds lame as hell. lol i know what you mean about the South Park voice. Its funny as hell and would be even better if it where seriouse. These kindsa little jingles have gone way to far.
3) My sister loves Dasani and lemon, but iv also heard it tastes like crap. Everything has lemon in it these days. You know, Dr. Pepper (fuckin awesomest shiz) has actually gone so far as to make "Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper" next it will be "now with lemon!" WTF?!?!?! And as for the Wawa comment; Iv only been to a Wawa when I was in Jersey this summer, and they are small. Its like a Giant Eagle here in Pittsburgh but as small as a Gas station store. At least thats what Iv seen. They are pretty good though.
4) I dont use Amazon cuz I just head over to a Borders or Barnes and Nobals bookstore and get some awesome fuckin CDs there and its never TOO expensive. (Ps. I want the Nirvana Box Set for christmas . Thanks Tom lol) and so its really more efficiant and they have some good stuff for holidays, though Im using some money for Alien Hominid (no, i still dont have it!) and they dont carry video games, making the store inches away from obsolete.

Happy Freakin Holidays!

Response to Random Rant 2005-12-24 14:34:14

I agree with everything you just said, Especially the Dasani water, it tastes like shit, especially the raspberry ones, and Brisk tastes like shit too.

BBS Signature

Response to Random Rant 2005-12-24 14:35:58

I also hate the Lipton bottled tea. You know what's worse? The Lipton Bottled Green tea. It makes you want to keep drinking, but you cant because the more you drink it, the more dehydrated you get. Me? I say stick with the best green drink in the world: Mountain Dew.

After reading your rant with it's blinding white text, I know find it hard to read everyone elses stuff.

Response to Random Rant 2005-12-24 14:43:16

He has a whole bunch of rants in his literature section.

Response to Random Rant 2005-12-24 14:43:17

At 12/24/05 12:36 PM, Denvish wrote: ahhhhhhhhhhhh quit yer whingin' =)

You do know you're talking to the site admin don't you?

Response to Random Rant 2005-12-24 14:44:53

This is a key moment in NG history, a flash actually affecting a flash master - whoa!

you were right about most of those things though, unlike Foamy ¬¬

I hardly ever come here anymore....

BBS Signature

Response to Random Rant 2005-12-24 14:45:09

wow you sound hot when you rant D=

The names Food, WillPostForFood.

BBS Signature

Response to Random Rant 2005-12-24 14:46:09

right. Are you bored?

- Matt, Rustyarcade.com

Response to Random Rant 2005-12-24 14:47:27

I've got to say I'm a big fan of the Dasani with Lemon. It's like Fruit2O except not tasting as watered down. Only problem is they add salt to it to make sure the flavor is bettered and you want to drink more without actually having your thirst quenched. Of course, I haven't had a drop of it in over half a year, so they may have changed the formula since then.

I will agree with how stupid it is showing game graphics that aren't actual in game graphics. I've never played the Final Fantasy game series, but they used to show cinematic sequences in their commercials that looked amazing, but you'd never find them in the game. I just saw a commercial for Prince of Persia and the Two Thrones (amazing game by the way) but not a single graphic in the commercial appears in the game.

As for everything else Christmas related, I'm watching the 008 days of 007 on Spike TV, and it's awesome as usual (except for Gregory Lazenby being bond in one of them).

Merry Christmas everyone!

BBS Signature

Response to Random Rant 2005-12-24 14:48:29

At 12/24/05 01:00 PM, bigexplosions wrote: Happy Christmas!
Merry Holidays!
Cwazy Hanukkah!
And a crappy New Year!

Hahahahahahaha. Hahahahahahahahaha. (99808080808809 years later) Hahahahahahahaha.

Response to Random Rant 2005-12-24 14:53:54

At 12/24/05 12:23 PM, TomFulp wrote: 1) Call of Duty 2 commercials. Don't open your commercial with a quote from a magazine calling it the best looking game ever, then follow up with fake footage of simulated gameplay. Every Call of Duty commercial does this; they never show actual footage of the game. It might not fool hardcore gamers, but I'm sure tons of people are flocking to stores expecting to re-live the experience they saw on TV. It's false advertising and it pisses me off every time the commercial comes on!

In addition, you should be really pissed at Sony, too. Both PS1 and PS2 launched with everyone thinking they would be playing the cinema scenes from FF VIII and playing games that looked equivalent to Toy Story, respectively.
Also, so far Sony hasn't shown any in-game footage for PS3. No playable demos either. I almost doubt that they'll let anyone play any games on it until it launches, just so they can make sales behind their little graphics veil.

Either way, I'm picking up a Revolution, and this post is almost irrelevant.

BBS Signature

Response to Random Rant 2005-12-24 14:55:05

Call of Duty looks good though. I was playting it in Best Buy. It is honestly one of the best games I have ever played. The best is and rpg from the Dreamcast were a bunch of ninjas are trying to capture this guy. And there are like 4 playable caracters.

Response to Random Rant 2005-12-24 15:09:24

At 12/24/05 12:23 PM, TomFulp wrote: There are a few things that have been getting on my nerves this past week, so at the risk of sounding like Foamy, I thought I would compile them into a single RANT post.
1) Call of Duty 2 commercials.:
2) That song about Christmas shoes. Have you heard this one?:
3) Dasani with Lemon. :
4) Amazon. :

Hey, we all have stuff that agravates us every so often.

1. Yeah, I almost always forget what that game is called. I saw that with King Kong on the Xbox360. I say both are highly overrated, so it would make sense to be agravated by them. I haven't seen as many commercials for CoD2, but I have seen too many King Kong commercials, so I know how you feel.

2. God, I haven't heard that song for a year. I remember liking that song when it first came on the radio, but like other christmas songs, they play it over and over. I hate it when they do that and shove the holidays down your throat. I just hate Christmas songs in general. That song in particular is so depressing to me.

3. Never had that. I did try the Lipton though. It sucks.

4. Never used that one. Then again, I don't trust nor use almost all online stores, since the majority of them just leaves you with BS.

Hope all that nonsense doesn't ruin the holidays for you.

DeviantART | Youtube

Check em out

Response to Random Rant 2005-12-24 15:09:50

Bah, Amazon does suck. I ordered some books for myself and my brother last week, and they've yet to arrive. One was out of stock too, but I didn't learn this till after I had ordered it. At least they were nice enough to send a "Oops our bad, have a refund" e-mail. The other ones are supposedly shipping from less than 200 miles away, I'm wondering what's taking them so long.

Response to Random Rant 2005-12-24 15:10:46

I ordered a CD off Amazon, and the same thing happened to me. It said 2-3 days, but it took a month. Atleast I got the CD, though.

It was worth the wait, btw.

Response to Random Rant 2005-12-24 15:14:11

that great tom let it all out,man it the holiday and there all ways going to be somebody who will try to ruine it for the rest of use,good rant tom...

BBS Signature

Response to Random Rant 2005-12-24 15:14:59

Did you know it says in the bible that on Christmas eve 2005, Tom Fulp will rant, and the world will end.

ITS THE MOTHERFUCKING APOCOLYPSE PEOPLE!

BBS Signature

Response to Random Rant 2005-12-24 15:23:15

You should come mingle with the regulars more often, not in a news sticky, so you can rant a little more often if you'd like.

Response to Random Rant 2005-12-24 15:27:31

Is dasani the one that is owned by the Coca Cola company? If it is, they got totally busted in the UK, because one of their bottling plants was using regular tap water! no joke!

Anyway, tis the season to forgive and forget, so lets not all get so pissed!

and thanks for the front page Tom, it means a lot :D

Response to Random Rant 2005-12-24 15:29:11

ugg i HATE that flavored water stuff. It's like "Water with a slight lemony taste" yet the "slight taste" is so strong that you have to water down the water.

Response to Random Rant 2005-12-24 15:35:18

Yup, christmas time is boring these days as well here. I'm not as pissed as you, but I still ... am bored.. bored on christmas time, well, whatever:
How-How-How, Merry Christmas Everybody!

Response to Random Rant 2005-12-24 15:37:50

i agree with you Tom

BBS Signature