00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Duspay98 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

2,995,009 Views | 60,691 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-09-14 23:55:21

At 9/14/07 11:46 PM, jflash8 wrote: Think you got a spot in this club for one more. I've had my account for 3 months now and I'm loving this site so much. Is should've joined sooning.

I'm sorry but you need 2,500 B/p's to get in. Just go and start B/ping more. You can also try and see if the NGDOP will let you in. Just read the rules and see if you can get in. Also install this it'll help a lot!

Multipurpose Blog/Normal comments.

I'm officially gay now.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-09-15 02:10:24

Wow !!! I can finaly say that the portal is officialy a dump now !!!!

Congrats Newgrounds, I loved getting no fucking B/P points today just cause of that shitty ass fucking kitty krew. Is that against the rules ? I hope not... cause I want to speak my mind freely... the portal is getting filled with shit right now... there is like 30 UJ submissions and only 3-4 of them are not crews stuff....

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-09-15 02:18:18

yes sir seageant eaglerock sir

friend code:0001-3483-6829

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-09-15 02:26:01

At 9/15/07 02:18 AM, afghan-man1 wrote: yes sir seageant eaglerock sir

I'm sorry but you need 2,500 B/p's to get in. Just go and start B/ping more. You can also try and see if the NGDOP will let you in. Just read the rules and see if you can get in.Also install this It'll help a lot. You should also read all the rules before submitting an application.

I'm officially gay now.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-09-15 02:35:57

Hurrah! New level, don't I simply look terrifying? sadly enough the next level up won't be as cool nor soon, an annoying 64 days away, but still, better than the six months it would taken to get to level 16 from 15 before the change.

Gotta love the gauntlet.

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-09-15 04:13:02

At 9/15/07 02:35 AM, Phantom wrote: Gotta love the gauntlet.

I won't be able to love it until I get it. And that's still a month away. Bah, the waiting.

So yeah, there's a bunch of spam flashes coming into the portal. Was there something important I missed, or are these just people with nothing else to do but make crappy flashes that somehow pass?

Filler text.

Because this space needs to be bigger than it already should be.

Jigen made this sig. madknt downsized it to fit the filesize limit. Go team.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-09-15 04:24:54

At 9/15/07 02:10 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: Wow !!! I can finaly say that the portal is officialy a dump now !!!!

Read my news post, the revolution has started. Sign up now, we must stop this madness.

Any Barracks member who does not comply with the theories of this should not be a member, as it is what we were formed for!

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-09-15 04:33:20

I have a question, if you guys are the elite guards and your club is so full of high level people how the hell does flashes like the KK Crew and the other group them Clock peopel still get there flashes on NG? I mean with someone who is level 34 your vote has to be worth lot, along with the other memebers of your team how come you don't help blam there useless pointless time wasting flashes? Honestly if you do then we should round up more people to blam there stuff. Am I wrong or blind or somehting that I'm not understanding?

*~[Prince Dart]~*

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-09-15 05:19:08

Private Asspirate Reporting in!!! Permission to Come aboard sir!! (That means i wish to join...)

Behold Lewls

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-09-15 06:10:22

At 9/15/07 04:33 AM, Prince-Dart wrote: I have a question, if you guys are the elite guards and your club is so full of high level people how the hell does flashes like the KK Crew and the other group them Clock peopel still get there flashes on NG? I mean with someone who is level 34 your vote has to be worth lot, along with the other memebers of your team how come you don't help blam there useless pointless time wasting flashes? Honestly if you do then we should round up more people to blam there stuff. Am I wrong or blind or somehting that I'm not understanding?

We don't mass-vote. We advocate voting what you believe it deserves not who made it or what group made it. We aren't anti-crews and we don't blam every spam flash. Some are actually funny or at least alittle better than the others. It all comes down to what you like and what you believe it deserves. We just simply say watch the flash and vote fairly don't five or two for points and don't "blam" every crews flash.

I'm officially gay now.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-09-15 06:15:13

At 9/15/07 04:33 AM, Prince-Dart wrote: I have a question, if you guys are the elite guards and your club is so full of high level people how the hell does flashes like the KK Crew and the other group them Clock peopel still get there flashes on NG? I mean with someone who is level 34 your vote has to be worth lot, along with the other memebers of your team how come you don't help blam there useless pointless time wasting flashes? Honestly if you do then we should round up more people to blam there stuff. Am I wrong or blind or somehting that I'm not understanding?

Craigalan's post mentions a few things about mass voting, all of which are true, but to elaborate...

Sadly we do our very best to vote fairly on the portal, but at any one time there aren't that many of us online, and we are massively outvoted by other people who want their cheap protection points for spam flash. We do our best to spread the message of voting fairly on the portal, that is our main aim in this club, but right now we are very much in the minority. Have a look at Coop's profile for more information, and also our FAQ, I'm sure there is plenty of mention of this issue in there.

At the end of the day we have no real power to change things on here, that is for the admins to decide- we can just do what we think is right ourselves and hope others agree and join.

It should be noted that even those who don't qualify for the EGB (and I've seen quite a few post over the past few days) can still uphold our ethic of fair voting. Some of us may have far more VP than newer users, but it is still only 1 vote out of 200 needed to pass a submission- low level users can have just as much impact if they vote fairly.

Good luck in the portal civilian, and I hope one day to see you join us here.

*salutes*

At 9/15/07 05:19 AM, ASSPIRATE101 wrote: Private Asspirate Reporting in!!! Permission to Come aboard sir!! (That means i wish to join...)

I'm sorry to say you aren't a private, and therefore do not have the required 2500 B/P points required to join this club (for more information on how to gain B/P see the Newgrounds FAQ linked at the top of every page, or look around in Wi/Ht forum where many users ask about it). Head to the portal and start racking up points- other clubs such as the Police Department may consider you for recruitment once you have gained a couple of ranks, and as a side note we all look at posting history as well, so it may be an idea to head out into the forums and get a feel for what NG is like.

Check our FAQ (linked in my sig) for more information on this club and our rules.

*salutes*

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-09-15 08:04:50

At 9/15/07 04:24 AM, Coop83 wrote: Any Barracks member who does not comply with the theories of this should not be a member, as it is what we were formed for!

Fully agreed and responded to it. You're absolutely right, I've been ranting about this as much as you lately, it's simply killing me knowing what the portal had become, and while we are stat whores somewhat, we have our pride and morals.

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-09-15 12:14:34

At 9/15/07 02:35 AM, Phantom wrote: Hurrah! New level, don't I simply look terrifying? sadly enough the next level up won't be as cool nor soon, an annoying 64 days away, but still, better than the six months it would taken to get to level 16 from 15 before the change.

Gotta love the gauntlet.

Now THAT is some sexy silverness you got going on there.

I level up at midnight. =)

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-09-15 15:23:23

At 9/15/07 08:04 AM, Phantom wrote: Fully agreed and responded to it. You're absolutely right, I've been ranting about this as much as you lately, it's simply killing me knowing what the portal had become, and while we are stat whores somewhat, we have our pride and morals.

Thanks Phantom, I'm just trying to stir up something amongst the proper EGB members, who feel that the name of the game is voting fairly, as opposed to stat-whoring. I just got pissed off with sitting around and noting how many people got large amounts of saves in the time between updates. (Assume that saves leader Toocool100 sets the benchmark each period) Toocool wasn't even in the top 5 of my list for gainers (Wi/Ht forum Top 100 Protectors List, you might even be on it)

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-09-15 18:26:31

Well, the portal is going pretty good today, but I don't know how much B/P I'm getting. The "Portal Splode Day" is some shit, eh? Lots of spammers putting shit on the portal and 5ing their stuff. Hard to get blam points on it, but I WILL NOT FALTER!

Actually I think I gave one or two o them a 2. But that was because they were humorous. Like the Donkey Kong one.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-09-15 19:12:36

Private letiger Reporting in!!! Permission to Come aboard sir!! (That means i wish to join...)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-09-15 19:15:46

At 9/15/07 07:12 PM, letiger wrote: Private letiger Reporting in!!! Permission to Come aboard sir!! (That means i wish to join...)

Hey, buddy. Well, looks like you still don't qualify to be a part of the EGB as of yet. You do have over 400 B/P though, we just require 2,500 to become a part of our squad.

With that 400, I believe you qualify for the NGPD, so go check them out and when you get 2500 and honorably discharged from there, we'll see you here!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-09-15 19:21:44

thank you

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-09-15 22:27:57

At 9/15/07 06:26 PM, RSQViper wrote: Well, the portal is going pretty good today, but I don't know how much B/P I'm getting. The "Portal Splode Day" is some shit, eh? Lots of spammers putting shit on the portal and 5ing their stuff. Hard to get blam points on it, but I WILL NOT FALTER!

I've gotten a couple. Surprisingly, there were a couple gems, especially the stop motion ones. But the the PSD has produced a lot of shit, and even stolen shit (I flagged a stolen "razz" flash). God, soon, every day is going to be a "-Day", and all people will be able to get are save points.

Tom needs to outlaw "-Days"; after this year's Clock Day, and the multitude of other "-Day"s, it's too much spam and it's bringing this site down. Sure, you'll be getting rid of the good flashes, but they usually get buried under a mountain of shit , and if they're that good, they could be submitted other days. If Madness Day is the as Clock Day, I think some one should write a letter to Tom about my idea.

Actually I think I gave one or two o them a 2. But that was because they were humorous. Like the Donkey Kong one.

Yeah, I gave a couple of 2's away to PSD flashes; they were too good not to let them pass (compared to most of the PSD flashes).

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-09-16 03:12:13

Happy Crap-Day everyone !!!

During all the day, everybody will be able to submit any kind of crap to the portal and get protected !!!
Yeah for Crap-Day !!! oh wait... sorry... its always like that...

Have a not so bad day EGB !

*Salutes*

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-09-16 05:10:40

At 9/16/07 03:12 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: Happy Crap-Day everyone !!!

Don't whinge about it, Private! Do something about it, that's what your 0 button is for. Vote on each movie as what you feel it deserves!

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-09-16 13:01:13

At 9/16/07 05:10 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 9/16/07 03:12 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: Happy Crap-Day everyone !!!
Don't whinge about it, Private! Do something about it, that's what your 0 button is for. Vote on each movie as what you feel it deserves!

Sorry, the Private sometimes feel like is 7.55 voting power is useless against an army of morons.

So anyway, whats going on today Elite Guards ?

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-09-16 15:12:08

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/40 0600 Don't watch it just flag it. It's disturbing just a slideshow of nasty ass shit if you wach it you'll regret it.

I'm officially gay now.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-09-16 17:34:07

At 9/16/07 01:01 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 9/16/07 05:10 AM, Coop83 wrote: Don't whinge about it, Private! Do something about it, that's what your 0 button is for. Vote on each movie as what you feel it deserves!
Sorry, the Private sometimes feel like is 7.55 voting power is useless against an army of morons.

It's not hopeless soilder! You've got a 7.55 Voting Power and you're using it the right way. I'm glad to see people using their votes correctly.

Not much - my cricket team won their match today and earned the title and promotion to the higher division. Now our Second team can enter the league next season, so we'll have 6 teams properly - 2 each on a Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday :)

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-09-16 19:32:52

At 9/16/07 05:34 PM, Coop83 wrote:
At 9/16/07 05:10 AM, Coop83 wrote:
Not much - my cricket team won their match today and earned the title and promotion to the higher division. Now our Second team can enter the league next season, so we'll have 6 teams properly - 2 each on a Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday :)

Oh yeah great !!

And also Kimi Räikkönen won the Belgium Formula 1 Grand Prix !!!
Yeah to Finland !!! Yeah to Kimi !!! Yeah to Metal !!!

And the portal is looking good now, not a lot of spam and there is a couple of nice animations :)

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-09-16 20:54:53

At 9/16/07 01:01 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Sorry, the Private sometimes feel like is 7.55 voting power is useless against an army of morons.

At this point, one Elite Guard can't do anything, so it's natural to feel your VP means nothing. But, my 10 VP, your 7.5, and the rest of our combined points will mean a lot if we keep together. Just keep diligent and your efforts will not be in vain.

Not much. I've been away for a while, but I've been lurking and keeping up with the thread. I noticed nothing crazy, and I was busy with stuff, so my apologies for not posting. I know the story has been dormant for a long time, and for that I apologize. I'll do my best to keep up with it come next week, as I'll hopefully have more time at work. Last week was a fright, with all four of my IT co-workers not in the office, leaving me with the work of 5 people...

Good news is that I FINALLY got the iPhone! Man, it is awesome. I am still in the honeymoon phase (obviously), but this was the best gift I could ever ask for...ever. The only thing I could possibly ask for at this point is Flash support so I can roll out my B/P right off the iPhone...

But other than that, things are quiet here. I'm just soaking up torrents with my Demonoid account and loving it...how's everyone in the Barracks enjoying this evening?

Founder of the Elite Guard Barracks [ Thread ] [ Forums ] Sig by ByteSlinger

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-09-16 21:15:47

At 9/16/07 08:54 PM, EagleRock wrote:
At 9/16/07 01:01 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Sorry, the Private sometimes feel like is 7.55 voting power is useless against an army of morons.
At this point, one Elite Guard can't do anything, so it's natural to feel your VP means nothing. But, my 10 VP, your 7.5, and the rest of our combined points will mean a lot if we keep together. Just keep diligent and your efforts will not be in vain.

Should we start to try recruting a little more for the Elite Guard Barracks?
There is a lot of people who vote 5 on KK flashes even if they are not in the KK, cause they think they can't blam them, so to get B/P points, they mass vote with them.

But when you are in the Elite Guard Barracks you realise that there is other people fighting shoulders to shoulders with each others against the spam.

So should we start to use new recruting strategies Sergeant EagleRock ???

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-09-16 21:31:08

At 9/16/07 09:15 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 9/16/07 08:54 PM, EagleRock wrote:
Should we start to try recruting a little more for the Elite Guard Barracks?
There is a lot of people who vote 5 on KK flashes even if they are not in the KK, cause they think they can't blam them, so to get B/P points, they mass vote with them.
But when you are in the Elite Guard Barracks you realise that there is other people fighting shoulders to shoulders with each others against the spam.

I already try recruiting others. Maybe we should all get EGB's signatures? I always try recruiting new people into the NGPD or EGB's whenever i see someone complaining about the spam and saying "lets start a group to blam the shit". Maybe we should allow lower B/p level users but assign them like a captain. So he/she can show them the ropes and help them B/p or maybe not even recruit them and simply start trying to persuade others.

These answers probably aren't that great but eh at least i'm trying. Plus i'm gettng tired of all this spam and we need to try other ways since spam's passing with higher scores.

I'm officially gay now.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-09-16 22:58:56

At 9/16/07 09:15 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Should we start to try recruting a little more for the Elite Guard Barracks?

That's always a good thing to do. Spread the word that we are trying to do good and get people interested. At least have them try to see that if we all vote fairly and not to auto-protect certain flash, we'll all win in the end...

Exactly. If we sway enough people do not do that and vote fairly on the flash, we won't have to "insta-save" flash in search of points. We'll be able to vote how we want to, not how the mass-voters MAKE us.

Exactly. That's our goal, soldier!

Supreme Commander EagleRock...

But yes. Spread the word when you can and try to get people on our side. Together we will conquer the spam problems Newgrounds has been having and we will make it a better place for all!

At 9/16/07 09:31 PM, craigalan wrote: I already try recruiting others. Maybe we should all get EGB's signatures? I always try recruiting new people into the NGPD or EGB's whenever i see someone complaining about the spam and saying "lets start a group to blam the shit".

That's great! That's what we need to do to get the word out there! Just keep working on it and we will bring people together. Even if they don't become part of the EGB but change their mind how they B/P (for fairness, not B/P), they are on our side.

Maybe we should allow lower B/p level users but assign them like a captain. So he/she can show them the ropes and help them B/p or maybe not even recruit them and simply start trying to persuade others.

Well, I've always said that non-members are allowed to post here occasionally, but only those in the Elite Guard qualify as members. Besides...making 200 B/P (for NGPD recruitment) shouldn't be hard, especially if you are serious about protecting the Portal...

These answers probably aren't that great but eh at least i'm trying. Plus i'm gettng tired of all this spam and we need to try other ways since spam's passing with higher scores.

You are not far off track. It is a mindset like you two have that will help make changes for good around this place. I mean look at what I was able to do... Sure, I created the Barracks for fun a while ago, but it started to annoy me to see all of the mass-voting, so I managed to bring the Barracks together to vote towards the common good. Considering we are all stat-whores here, that's not exactly a minor thing...

Hell, guys...if I was able to accomplish that, imagine what you guys could do...especially if all of you contributed. I'd be scared to see how quickly things change around here...

Founder of the Elite Guard Barracks [ Thread ] [ Forums ] Sig by ByteSlinger

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-09-16 23:31:48

At 9/16/07 10:58 PM, EagleRock wrote:
At 9/16/07 09:15 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Should we start to try recruting a little more for the Elite Guard Barracks?
That's always a good thing to do. Spread the word that we are trying to do good and get people interested. At least have them try to see that if we all vote fairly and not to auto-protect certain flash, we'll all win in the end...

There is a lot of work to do still.

Exactly. If we sway enough people do not do that and vote fairly on the flash, we won't have to "insta-save" flash in search of points. We'll be able to vote how we want to, not how the mass-voters MAKE us.

There is right now something like 50 members in the EGB, if we could increase the number of Elite Guards who could join our ranks it would be great, and than our power to stop the spamming on the portal could destroy the Spamming crews.

Exactly. That's our goal, soldier!

Private HeavenDuff ;)

Supreme Commander EagleRock...

Oups Ô_ô
I knew there was something wrong with my post !

But yes. Spread the word when you can and try to get people on our side. Together we will conquer the spam problems Newgrounds has been having and we will make it a better place for all!

Lets go EGB !!!