00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Thatgooner just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

3,008,048 Views | 60,776 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-13 23:42:41

At 4/13/07 08:23 PM, TheThing wrote: Hello, and good evening to those on the East Coast.

Hello and welcome! We seem to be getting a lot of new members at the moment, which is great :). Clearly Slash and his crazy antics are attracting the masses!

Speaking of which...

At 4/13/07 08:51 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote:
On a random note, someone made a thread in General about SlashClassic7, calling it 'the greatest flash ever'. I find this amusing and arousing. I guess they love it because it's about Dream of Duke.

Reviewed, posted in the thread etc. etc., as you know as you replied to both :). Maybe only reviewing your movies would be a good way to get my reply to review ratio up. As it is I really should review more- maybe when I get to EGSC I'll spend more time on doing that.

At 4/13/07 09:14 PM, PenguinLink wrote:
Welcome. For starters, go mop the floor. I want it done by today and no slacking. Here's the toothbrush Sentio gave Sterockicy when he mopped the floor a few days ago. Use it well.

It shows the lousy job that Sterockicy did if this needs to be done again so soon... next time it will be with your tongue Stero!

I became an Elite Guard Major a few days ago I believe but I didn't have the time to mention it. I am getting closer to the leaf badges. :)

A late congrats for that then- I looked at your profile earlier to see your pace for this week and didn't even notice. Maybe more sleep needed... you're going mighty fast again this week anyway!

Welcome aboard soldier. I was wondering when you would have the courage to join us. Before continuing, please read this list that consists of the most commonly violated rules in here: (Kudos to Sentio)

No problem- this little list is a bit shorter and more to the point, so feel free to keep on posting it for new members while the FAQ is down.

Now pick a bunk, feed the minotaurs, and get to work soldier. Be grateful it isn't Carebear mating season, as well.

Do those carebears ever stop? Where's my rifle...

poop

o...k...

At 4/13/07 10:15 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Remind me to never write review responses while looking at yaoi fanfiction ever again.

This poor guy is gonna crap himself and cry. :-/

No matter how hard I tried I couldn't drag my eyes from it until the end... poor kid, he'll never review again.

At 4/13/07 10:51 PM, K-Fox wrote:
Now excuse me, I need to find out why this boss in this game I'm playing hasn't died yet despite me pounding on him for 50 minutes straight...

What game? That reminds me of one of the bosses in RE4 for the Gamecube- that short guy (long time since I played it so forgotten the name) took a ton of bullets to take down, especially without the broken butterfly (yeah, I was stupid and sold it)

At 4/13/07 11:11 PM, PenguinLink wrote:
poop
Sorry for the rather random and obscure word. I was testing out the "italic" function and I decided to test it by keying a random word. I forgot to delete it. >:( I guess it will be more efficient if I would proofread my posts more often, wouldn't it?

And poop was the first word you came up with?

Meh. Nothing fascinating happened today for me either. I hope Sentio didn't break anything today, though. :)

Funny you should say that- I may have broken my foot earlier by dropping a fridge on it (don't ask)- it's currently got an ice pack on it to bring down the swelling, and hopefully it will be in a better state tomorrow. Fingers crossed for bruising instead of broken bones...

Either way that is an excuse to laze around in the Sun over the weekend- the half foot of snow today never materialized, and it is meant to be in the high 60s the next couple of days :D

Plus my Dad is gone (off to LA for a meeting), so I'm back to B/Ping again.

*salutes*

this is what happens when the thread moves fast- long posts that take 20 minutes to type out...

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-13 23:50:18

blobstagramblobsite

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-14 00:00:44

At 4/13/07 11:42 PM, Sentio wrote: Hello and welcome! We seem to be getting a lot of new members at the moment, which is great :). Clearly Slash and his crazy antics are attracting the masses!

Hehe, I hope so. I didn't realize my flash 'skills' were missed so much in my absence! :-D

Reviewed, posted in the thread etc. etc., as you know as you replied to both :). Maybe only reviewing your movies would be a good way to get my reply to review ratio up. As it is I really should review more- maybe when I get to EGSC I'll spend more time on doing that.

Heh, it would be a good idea, I respond to all reviews. The following flashes were personally submitted by me and thus I am reply-capable:

Slash Returns
Slash Returns: Ascension
Slash Returns: Kloris?
Slash Returns: Supremacy
Slash's Clock Day!
Slash Presents: Liz <3
XIAOLIN SECRET EPISODE
SlashClassic1: Self-Rape
SlashClassic4: Monsters!
SlashClassic7:DreamOfDuke

No matter how hard I tried I couldn't drag my eyes from it until the end... poor kid, he'll never review again.

I'm a total monster. But heh, I liked writing it. I reserve the right to randomly reply to reviews with lemony-goodness anytime I wish. XD

At 4/13/07 10:51 PM, K-Fox wrote: Now excuse me, I need to find out why this boss in this game I'm playing hasn't died yet despite me pounding on him for 50 minutes straight...

Try something non-conventional. Drop a box on it or something, I dunno.

What game? That reminds me of one of the bosses in RE4 for the Gamecube- that short guy (long time since I played it so forgotten the name) took a ton of bullets to take down, especially without the broken butterfly (yeah, I was stupid and sold it)

Hardest boss in any game I've ever played: Dullahan from Golden Sun: The Lost Age (hard mode). Trying to take that fucker down without being a cheap bastard and summoning was insane, damn near futile.

:salute:

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-14 00:11:48

At 4/13/07 11:42 PM, Sentio wrote:
Hello and welcome! We seem to be getting a lot of new members at the moment, which is great :). Clearly Slash and his crazy antics are attracting the masses!

Yes, a lot of users are either attempting to join, or have joined. Sooner enough, we'll need more bunks...

As it is I really should review more- maybe when I get to EGSC I'll spend more time on doing that.

My review count is low as well. I just find it rather tiring to review submissions...

It shows the lousy job that Sterockicy did if this needs to be done again so soon... next time it will be with your tongue Stero!

Very nice said, Sentio. Mopping the floor with his tongue will indeed teach him to mop the floor more efficiently. Although some clorox wipes will be needed after he is done, because I don't know about you, but it will be rather sticky and, uhh, erm, disgusting, and uhh, yes.

A late congrats for that then- I looked at your profile earlier to see your pace for this week and didn't even notice. Maybe more sleep needed... you're going mighty fast again this week anyway!

Thanks. I need to sleep as well. What's your name again?

No problem- this little list is a bit shorter and more to the point, so feel free to keep on posting it for new members while the FAQ is down.

Thanks for the more cleaner and efficient list. :)

Do those carebears ever stop? Where's my rifle...

Last I saw it was in...

*PenguinLink sees a Carebear fiddling with Sentio's Shotgun.*

Oh shit! Run for cover! Although the shotgun will probably shoot hearts and rainbows.......

o...k...

Tell me about it.

Or come to Newgrounds. Or even use a computer. Or even read any words. Or even eat. Or even breathe. Or even *Pauses for breath*, or even play outside. Or even... the list goes on and on.

You play videogames? Ha, kidding. Yes, Resident Evil 4 was a great game. Frustrating at times but overall an unforgettable experience. :)

And poop was the first word you came up with?

Hey, what can I say? The lack of sleep has deprived me from writing coherent words or phrases. Although my description of Slash's picture on the last page was one of the most confusing and irrelevant sentences I have ever written I could have provided some competition to Shakespeare back in the day. :D

Funny you should say that- I may have broken my foot earlier by dropping a fridge on it (don't ask)- it's currently got an ice pack on it to bring down the swelling, and hopefully it will be in a better state tomorrow. Fingers crossed for bruising instead of broken bones...

I'm sorry to hear that. :( I hope your foot gets better. Friday the 13th's aren't really your days, are they? I hope my luck doesn't----

*A Piano falls right into PenguinLink out of nowhere.*

---change.

Either way that is an excuse to laze around in the Sun over the weekend- the half foot of snow today never materialized, and it is meant to be in the high 60s the next couple of days :D

The weather over here has been quite weird lately as well. I'm starting to think mother nature decided to smoke it's own marijuana.

Plus my Dad is gone (off to LA for a meeting), so I'm back to B/Ping again.

Oh teh noes, Sentio is back with his B/P Rage! :O

*salutes*

*Salutes*

this is what happens when the thread moves fast- long posts that take 20 minutes to type out...

It has been a while since it has gone this fast... Which is a good thing in a way. :)

At 4/13/07 11:50 PM, BlueHippo wrote:
stolen from homestar runner :0

Missed the darned thing. >:(

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-14 00:27:43

At 4/13/07 11:50 PM, BlueHippo wrote: stolen from homestar runner :0

Got it, thanks :D

At 4/14/07 12:00 AM, SlashFirestorm wrote:
Hehe, I hope so. I didn't realize my flash 'skills' were missed so much in my absence! :-D

What can I say, watching well animated submissions gets dull after a while, and you do have a knack for making people laugh :).

Heh, it would be a good idea, I respond to all reviews. The following flashes were personally submitted by me and thus I am reply-capable:

Slash Returns
Slash Returns: Ascension
Slash Returns: Kloris?
Slash Returns: Supremacy
Slash's Clock Day!
Slash Presents: Liz <3
XIAOLIN SECRET EPISODE
SlashClassic1: Self-Rape
SlashClassic4: Monsters!
SlashClassic7:DreamOfDuke

I'll get to work on those tomorrow :D. My current count is something like 65 reviews and 15 replies, so pretty lame for someone that has seen as many submissions as me. At the very least I should drag that up to 100.

I'm a total monster. But heh, I liked writing it. I reserve the right to randomly reply to reviews with lemony-goodness anytime I wish. XD

Maybe reviewing your submissions isn't such a good idea after all...

Hardest boss in any game I've ever played: Dullahan from Golden Sun: The Lost Age (hard mode). Trying to take that fucker down without being a cheap bastard and summoning was insane, damn near futile.

Yeah, that RE4 boss wasn't the hardest, it just took a stupid amount of ammo to take it down- I'm not sure it ever landed a hit on me so it got really dull after a while. Hardest boss that I have ever faced would have to be the witch at the end of Banjo Kazooie- she was a nightmare (until I got the extra honeycombs anyway).

At 4/14/07 12:11 AM, PenguinLink wrote:
My review count is low as well. I just find it rather tiring to review submissions...

Yeah, same here, especially as I try to put a lot of effort into each one. It is rare that I find the desire to review something.

Very nice said, Sentio. Mopping the floor with his tongue will indeed teach him to mop the floor more efficiently. Although some clorox wipes will be needed after he is done, because I don't know about you, but it will be rather sticky and, uhh, erm, disgusting, and uhh, yes.

That is a sacrifice I am willing to take in order to get this floor clean, and Sterockicy's tongue the size of a water melon :D

Thanks. I need to sleep as well. What's your name again?

I have no idea...

Last I saw it was in...

*PenguinLink sees a Carebear fiddling with Sentio's Shotgun.*

Oh shit! Run for cover! Although the shotgun will probably shoot hearts and rainbows.......

*dives for cover*

You play videogames? Ha, kidding. Yes, Resident Evil 4 was a great game. Frustrating at times but overall an unforgettable experience. :)

One of the best games I've ever played in fact. The first run through was frustrating when I ran out of ammo towards the end, but once I got the hang of it and learnt a few tricks I could whizz through it pretty quickly. Without the broken butterfly some of the bosses are a real drag though.

I'm sorry to hear that. :( I hope your foot gets better. Friday the 13th's aren't really your days, are they? I hope my luck doesn't----

It's a stupid day :). I knew I shouldn't have offered to help one of my work colleagues to move the damn thing. Having had a closer look at it, and a good feel around, I think it is just bruised, so that is something at least. Just another hour and a half to survive...

Oh teh noes, Sentio is back with his B/P Rage! :O

Grrrrrrrrr

It has been a while since it has gone this fast... Which is a good thing in a way. :)

In no way am I complaining :) I've missed the days this place would get three or pages a day.

*salutes*

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-14 04:45:38

At 4/13/07 09:23 AM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Not to mention that the new layout might, just MIGHT, come out that day. I mean, it'd make since. We can always hope!

Wishful thinking. But hey, you never know.

I may make some rather-crude Pico flash just for the hell of it.

I wish I could join in the fun. But I don't have Flash. :(

At 4/13/07 02:08 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: JohnnyUtah's latest flash is so fucking high-quality that it literally overheats my computer.

Larf.

It's that incredible. O_O

You also have to love that Capcom-ized Newgrounds logo.

I wish they would put up Cogs of War again. :c

At 4/13/07 09:14 PM, PenguinLink wrote: Sounds like a plan. I await your lessons. Just don't leave too much homework because I have enough as is. >:(

I have some ideas that might be able to put down this Cow, once and for all. Unfortunately, I'm too lazy to implement any of them.

So yeah. :\

At 4/13/07 10:51 PM, K-Fox wrote: Ah! How was you Friday the 13th?

Not too much has happened. So it was pretty much like any other Friday.

Filler text.

Because this space needs to be bigger than it already should be.

Jigen made this sig. madknt downsized it to fit the filesize limit. Go team.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-14 04:58:04

At 4/13/07 02:08 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: JohnnyUtah's latest flash is so fucking high-quality that it literally overheats my computer.

Heh, I suppose you mean 300 Queers, it's a pretty good movie, despite the initial name when you first see it, it's great. That's NG admins...

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-14 09:05:20

:yawn: Good morning, y'all.

At 4/14/07 04:58 AM, Phantom wrote:
Heh, I suppose you mean 300 Queers, it's a pretty good movie, despite the initial name when you first see it, it's great. That's NG admins...

Yep. Not shocked at all that it got Daily First.

This overheating problem really sucks, though. With complex flash I have to reduce quality to low immediately or risk overheating...and with something with as much crazy-ass complexity as JohnnyUtah's flash, it's just too much for my poor machine to take.

Not to mention it makes publishing flash very nervewracking. I really hope that I'll be able to publish my latest work when it's complete without auto-restarting...worse comes to worse, I suppose I can always send the .fla to someone, have them publish it, then send the .swf back to me for submission...but ick, let's hope that doesn't happen.

Anyway...ya know, when I first came back, I thought I wouldn't want to B/P, being EGSC already and all. But now that I've gone up a few ranks in the past few days (up to 81 now, hehe)...yeah.

Top 50, here I come. :-D

:salute:

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-14 11:01:06

At 4/13/07 02:08 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote:
Yep. Not shocked at all that it got Daily First.

Yeah, it deserved it.

This overheating problem really sucks, though. With complex flash I have to reduce quality to low immediately or risk overheating...and with something with as much crazy-ass complexity as JohnnyUtah's flash, it's just too much for my poor machine to take.

have you not thought of investing in a new PC??

Not to mention it makes publishing flash very nervewracking. I really hope that I'll be able to publish my latest work when it's complete without auto-restarting...worse comes to worse, I suppose I can always send the .fla to someone, have them publish it, then send the .swf back to me for submission...but ick, let's hope that doesn't happen.

When do you think this new awesome flash of yours will be submitted then?

Anyway...ya know, when I first came back, I thought I wouldn't want to B/P, being EGSC already and all. But now that I've gone up a few ranks in the past few days (up to 81 now, hehe)...yeah.

Cool.

that may take you quite a while though.

salute:

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-14 11:05:28

At 4/14/07 11:01 AM, Solidone wrote: have you not thought of investing in a new PC??

I am insanely poor, sadly. Hell, even taking it in to be fixed eventually is going to utterly obliterate my scant savings, sigh.

When do you think this new awesome flash of yours will be submitted then?

Within the next 12-48 hours, if all goes well. Depends on how hyper I get and whether or not my machine behaves.

that may take you quite a while though.

That's what they said about my reaching EGSC :evil grin:

Heheheh. THE SECOND REIGN OF SLASH IS AT HAND

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-14 11:29:33

At 4/14/07 11:05 AM, SlashFirestorm wrote: I am insanely poor, sadly. Hell, even taking it in to be fixed eventually is going to utterly obliterate my scant savings, sigh.

What about work, I'll have to ask if you do work because you seem to be into making flash and writing adult...stories. If you don't have a job I think getting one will prove to be a good way to make money. Me, I may never switch computers again, I for one really don't have a job but I'm still young and shit. Plus I have so much crap here I can't be arsed to move it around.

You already took a break and a long one, but I can safely say once you've B/Ped long enough you will be tired of it too...

Do you really think you can recover? Flash rates have gone down since last summer. Star paces are long forgotten again.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-14 11:57:42

At 4/14/07 11:29 AM, Phantom wrote: What about work, I'll have to ask if you do work because you seem to be into making flash and writing adult...stories. If you don't have a job I think getting one will prove to be a good way to make money. Me, I may never switch computers again, I for one really don't have a job but I'm still young and shit. Plus I have so much crap here I can't be arsed to move it around.

Still can't work. Long story. Trying to get the fucking government to straighten out its own ass for three years now, and still waiting. After three years and a mountain of paperwork, I'm once again in the 'waiting to hear back from them' stage. Pffft. God, I hate this fucking red tape bullshit.

Do you really think you can recover? Flash rates have gone down since last summer. Star paces are long forgotten again.

You underestimate the dark power of Slash!

The Elite Guard Barracks

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-14 13:28:11

At 4/14/07 11:05 AM, SlashFirestorm wrote:
Within the next 12-48 hours, if all goes well. Depends on how hyper I get and whether or not my machine behaves.

Awesome :D

Oh noes, the end of the world is nigh! Just keep an eye over your shoulder- I'm a lot closer than I used to be, and I could use a new target to hunt down. Just ask Hemlok :D (not that you can because he has vanished of the face of the earth :( )

At 4/14/07 11:57 AM, SlashFirestorm wrote:
Still can't work. Long story. Trying to get the fucking government to straighten out its own ass for three years now, and still waiting. After three years and a mountain of paperwork, I'm once again in the 'waiting to hear back from them' stage. Pffft. God, I hate this fucking red tape bullshit.

Yeah, I know that feeling- it took me months to get a work visa for the states last year. There are so many forms and things to fill in, most of which ask the same questions (including greats like 'what tribe are you in?' and 'what bioweapons training do you have?').

Anyway, after a small
incident last night I'll be in for a lot of today, although I may go and laze in the sun if the temperature increases. Another 20 points needed to make the 75+ list this week, despite missing all of last weekend and large chunks of Tuesday to Friday.

*salutes*

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-14 14:00:13

At 4/14/07 01:28 PM, Sentio wrote: Oh noes, the end of the world is nigh! Just keep an eye over your shoulder- I'm a lot closer than I used to be, and I could use a new target to hunt down. Just ask Hemlok :D (not that you can because he has vanished of the face of the earth :( )

And I can't wait to re-pass DreamOfDuke for the 43254325th time, hehe.

Yeah, I know that feeling- it took me months to get a work visa for the states last year. There are so many forms and things to fill in, most of which ask the same questions (including greats like 'what tribe are you in?' and 'what bioweapons training do you have?').

Damn you, Uncle Sam. Damn you to hell... :-(

Anyway, after a small
incident last night I'll be in for a lot of today, although I may go and laze in the sun if the temperature increases. Another 20 points needed to make the 75+ list this week, despite missing all of last weekend and large chunks of Tuesday to Friday.

Snap. The only health problem I got to worry about right now is my damn hurting teeth. Too poor for a dentist, pffft.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-14 14:02:42

At 4/14/07 12:27 AM, Sentio wrote:
Yeah, same here, especially as I try to put a lot of effort into each one. It is rare that I find the desire to review something.

I used to have the urge to review 5 submissions each day, but that only lasted about a day or two. :(

*dives for cover*

Don't worry, I've got everything under control.

*PenguinLink pushed down a table for cover. He yells to Sentio, "Give me the gun that's lying near you! Sentio grabs the gun and throws it at PenguinLink, hitting him on the head. PenguinLink grabs the gun, and peaks from the corner of the table. He sees the Carebear dancing with the shotgun. PenguinLink's eyes bleed from the sight. PenguinLink loads the pistol, and says "It ends now." PenguinLink peaks around the corner once again, and fires at the Carebear. The bullet hits the Carebear's foot and it falls, yelping. PenguinLink then makes a hand signal to Sentio that signifies the Carebear isn't dangerous anymore. But the Carebear is still clutching the shotgun and he points it at PenguinLink. Sentio then comes and throws a grenade near the Carebear. The Carebear loses interest in killing PenguinLink that he decides to examine the grenade.

The Carebear makes wierd, happy, noises and he picks up the grenade. It statrs gnawing on it. PenguinLink stays there with his beak open staring at the Carebear. PenguinLink then hears Sentio's callings and returns back to his normal state. Sentio yelled, "What the hell are you doing there standing like an idiot? Run for cover damn it!" PenguinLink stays in a "huh?" state, but then he realizes grenades go "boom!" So PenguinLink yells, "Oh holy mother of Batman! I better run for cover!" PenguinLink wobbles towards the nearest table but it was too late. The Grenade exploded and it made PenguinLInk fly madly towards a wall. PenguinLink was lauging along his flying journey, thinking he was flying but then he got smashed toward a wall, head first.

The sight where the Carebear resided was a terrible one. Intestines were out all on the floor. Blood was splattered all across the floor, walls, and tables. There were intestines hanging from the ceiling fans and guts blown into the pieces. The shotgun was also blown into the pieces. Sentio wiped his hands, saying "Well, that was easy." He then notices PenguinLink smashed into the wall, making muffling noises, waving his feet wildly. Sentio shrugs and says, "Meh. That teaches him for being so an idiot."

End.

Grrrrrrrrr

Please don't hurt me with your soon-to-be Elite Guard Supreme Commander powers. :O

*salutes*

*Salutes*

At 4/14/07 04:45 AM, X-Naut wrote:
I have some ideas that might be able to put down this Cow, once and for all. Unfortunately, I'm too lazy to implement any of them.

Would you mind telling us a sample of one of them? :P

At 4/14/07 09:05 AM, SlashFirestorm wrote:

Keep B/Ping and you're going to be there in no time. :)

I shall be sure to stay out of your way. :O

At 4/14/07 11:57 AM, SlashFirestorm wrote:
You underestimate the dark power of Slash!

Since when did Slash grow wings? :P He does look intimidating though. :D

At 4/14/07 01:28 PM, Sentio wrote:
Anyway, after a small

Whoa, I am very sorry to hear what happened to you. I hope you're feeling a little better today. You must have been tired from all the stress from work and sleep deprived as well. Your brain must have said: "Ahh, fuck it. I'm shutting down." :D Your head must have also been made of steel to have made a crack in your door. :) Nonetheless, I hope you're feeling better and it's good you didn't have any serious injuries. I hope you recover soon. :)

*salutes*

*Salutes*

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-14 14:09:17

Like his swords and guns and antenna, Slash grows wings whenever it's convenient.

This rule also applies with other parts of his anatomy that would normally be far too large for him to walk easily.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-14 15:38:12

At 4/13/07 11:42 PM, Sentio wrote: What game? That reminds me of one of the bosses in RE4 for the Gamecube- that short guy (long time since I played it so forgotten the name) took a ton of bullets to take down, especially without the broken butterfly (yeah, I was stupid and sold it)

Have you heard of this game?

I was playing the GBA version and one of the bosses had like...about 350 HP, but I, along with my ally, had already done 89, 127, 189 and 254 damage to him and he wasn't dead!!!

I beat after a while, and he joined my team.

At 4/14/07 02:02 PM, PenguinLink wrote: Don't worry, I've got everything under control.
*Weird Fight*

Hahaha! Good one! Now who is going to clean all this up?

Not me!

Well, seems like a normal day today...kind of...

Portal is okay...Whoa!

It is windy here! Wind speed is 22 MPH! Is it windy anywhere else?

Nice day today, but it is too windy. I'm staying inside!

I'm off to the portal for a little while...I'll be back.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-14 15:50:04

At 4/14/07 02:00 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote:
And I can't wait to re-pass DreamOfDuke for the 43254325th time, hehe.

It'll be the first time for me, and I'm looking forward to it. Then again, I look forward to passing anyone :)

Snap. The only health problem I got to worry about right now is my damn hurting teeth. Too poor for a dentist, pffft.

Just pull them all out with a piece of string and a door- problem solved!

At 4/14/07 02:02 PM, PenguinLink wrote:
I used to have the urge to review 5 submissions each day, but that only lasted about a day or two. :(

I found the enthusiasm to do that for maybe one day, before going back to simply voting.

End.

Meh? I think I would have been rofling a good deal more after seeing a penguin fly into a wall! At least that is one less carebear to worry about though...

Whoa, I am very sorry to hear what happened to you. I hope you're feeling a little better today. You must have been tired from all the stress from work and sleep deprived as well. Your brain must have said: "Ahh, fuck it. I'm shutting down." :D Your head must have also been made of steel to have made a crack in your door. :) Nonetheless, I hope you're feeling better and it's good you didn't have any serious injuries. I hope you recover soon. :)

Yeah, I'm fine- that kind of thing has never happened before though, so it came as a shock to wake up on the floor. Once again I got lucky and didn't badly hurt myself, but I'd rather not be in situations where I could hurt myself ideally. That is now 4 or 5 over the last 6 months (elcetrocution by light switch, hit by car, that whole stabbing thing, and now this), and I am damn lucky to come out of all that with nothing more than bruises etc. :S

At least I can say 'Head 1, door 0' though :D

I'm off to get a tan as it is now up to 16C and sunny... I'll be back in a few hours to B/P my way that bit closer to EGSC (less than 300 points to go- 3 days maybe?)

*salutes*

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-14 16:09:48

At 4/14/07 11:57 AM, SlashFirestorm wrote: You underestimate the dark power of Slash!
*drawing*

I was bored, so I made a quick doodle/drawing for you based on that pic.
I might color it in flash later, if I'm not feelin lazy, lmao

unless you completely hate it, in which case I will cry for days and then eventually kill myself

The Elite Guard Barracks

REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-14 16:17:32

At 4/14/07 04:09 PM, MadCow wrote: I was bored, so I made a quick doodle/drawing for you based on that pic.
unless you completely hate it, in which case I will cry for days and then eventually kill myself

Pretty good, as a fellow sketch artist I may comment on it. The hands are a bit too thin and fists don't look like much. I've also got a great way to draw wings I'd love to show you, but the face is awesome, well done. :-)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-14 16:44:18

At 4/14/07 04:17 PM, Phantom wrote:
At 4/14/07 04:09 PM, MadCow wrote: I was bored, so I made a quick doodle/drawing for you based on that pic.
Pretty good, as a fellow sketch artist I may comment on it. The hands are a bit too thin and fists don't look like much. I've also got a great way to draw wings I'd love to show you, but the face is awesome, well done. :-)

Heh, I didn't put much thought into that drawing. I usually like drawing in a more cartoony style, than a somewhat generic anime type ;p

I knew that the arms or whatever weren't as good as they could be, but meh.
And, I've always wanted to learn how to draw wings better, so go ahead and tell me or whatever.

REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-14 17:01:10

At 4/14/07 04:09 PM, MadCow wrote:
At 4/14/07 11:57 AM, SlashFirestorm wrote: You underestimate the dark power of Slash!
*drawing*
I was bored, so I made a quick doodle/drawing for you based on that pic.

Holy shit, that's fucking awesome. Yes, you win 43643223 internets, good sir!

Also, you've given Slash a gigantic erection! Cum claim THAT prize anytime tonight. ;-D

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-14 17:20:51

At 4/14/07 05:01 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Also, you've given Slash a gigantic erection! Cum claim THAT prize anytime tonight. ;-D

lol.

I must congratulate you on one of the best review responses ever:

A four-day old account presumes to lecture me, Elite Guard Supreme Commander Slash Firestorm, on the ways of the portal?

SCOFF AT THEE

I'd write you a gay sex story, but you are not worthy. :-(

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-14 17:25:56

At 4/14/07 05:20 PM, Solidone wrote: I must congratulate you on one of the best review responses ever:

A four-day old account presumes to lecture me, Elite Guard Supreme Commander Slash Firestorm, on the ways of the portal?

SCOFF AT THEE

I'd write you a gay sex story, but you are not worthy. :-(

Hehehe, yeah. I'm writing one of those responses for someone, though, haha.

Anyone who pays attention will note that the Flying Spaghetti Monster uses both my short slashfics in his speech. XD

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-14 18:48:30

Anyone remember this blast from the past?

I remember that it was unfairly flagged when I first submitted it...I was so ticked that I went outside and cut down a motherfucking pine tree, if I remember correctly...but I never bothered to re-submit it.

Well now I have. Give it a look...our missing buddy EagleRock even makes an appearance! XD

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-14 19:23:22

At 4/14/07 03:38 PM, K-Fox wrote:
Have you heard of this game?

I was playing the GBA version and one of the bosses had like...about 350 HP, but I, along with my ally, had already done 89, 127, 189 and 254 damage to him and he wasn't dead!!!

I can't say I have heard of it, but then I never had the privilege of owning a NES in my youth, or a gameboy more recently.

At 4/14/07 06:48 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Anyone remember this blast from the past?

Well now I have. Give it a look...our missing buddy EagleRock even makes an appearance! XD

I do remember it, and it is still as great as ever :D

It was snowing here yesterday, yet as of right now it is 17 degrees C and I have just gained a pretty solid tan from an afternoon in the Sun (then again I could probably get a tan from a lightbulb with my dark skin). Sun = happy Sentio (all be it one with a sore head and foot), so yeay!

*salutes*

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-14 19:31:42

At 4/13/07 08:23 PM, TheThing wrote:
I will await your decision, and thank you in advance for allowing me to join, or curse you if you don't.
Welcome aboard soldier. I was wondering when you would have the courage to join us. Before continuing, please read this list that consists of the most commonly violated rules in here: (Kudos to Sentio)

Not having enough courage? I once did push up naked at 1:00 AM on a group camping trip in the snow. I was only late on joining because of 3 birthdays, and an ass-load of homework given to me to do over spring break. Damn honors classes

1) No one line posting, and on the whole we prefer intelligent posts that contribute to the conversation.
2) No stat only posts- you can mention daily gains, but you must include something else to your posts as there are a few mods that will ban you for that.
3) No encouraging mass voting, no matter how annoying the group or how bad the flash.

Easy rules, followed all of them in the PD sir. Not that hard to follow anyway.

Now pick a bunk, feed the minotaurs, and get to work soldier. Be grateful it isn't Carebear mating season, as well.

Thank you sir! Wait, what happens during Carebear mating season?

So I'm so late on this, I didn't realize this place would move so fast in less than 24 hours

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-14 21:44:29

Eep!

Blams: 1570 (+20 since last log)
Saves: 2909 (+42 since last log)
Total B/P points: 4479
Total B/P points acquired today: 62
B/P Badge: Elite Guard Staff Sergeant (521 until next grade)
Avg. B/P Points per day: 40.419
B/P Rank: #830 (+3 move since last log)
Protect/Blam Ratio: 1.85185185185

I was expecting a bit more than that...

Hey, look at my Protect/Blam Ratio...XD

Okay, so...nothing big happened today, other than PenguinLink getting stuck in a wall and me slipping and falling down...

Don't laugh...

...Yeah, kind of boring today...the portal seemed alright...cool

I'm waking up early tomorrow...for a 'special' reason...

Bye now!

*Salutes*

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-14 22:01:53

I've got about two to three days until I hit EliteGuardPrivate, I can hardly handle the wait. I have around forty to go until then.

Can you believe how idiotic some of the stuff in the portal today, it's a bit ironic if you ask me.
So, while we wait for me to reach EGP, anyone want to introduce me or something?

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-04-14 22:02:11

At 4/13/07 12:13 PM, Phantom wrote: We will vote fairly, if it is good you can expect our honest votes, as for how many times it depends on the person.

Christ, I hope you guys are Zappa fans...