00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

horndogg60 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

3,006,534 Views | 60,777 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-08-10 13:21:21

At 8/10/06 01:18 PM, Tetoragoram wrote: Is there some kind of warmupp in front of the clock day.
Im asking here, since my last peek at the portal let me blassed, hello getting 3 subs marked for ad rev and about 42blam and 4 saves..
I mean comon, is there some kind of friggin warmupp?

What exactly are you asking?

Three flags isn't anything unusual, and neither is getting around 50 B/P's in a portal run. Hell, there have been days where I've gotten over 150 in one day.

If anything, the portal has been kinda dull lately, possibly due to people preparing for Clock Day.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-08-10 13:48:26

At 8/10/06 01:21 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote:
If anything, the portal has been kinda dull lately, possibly due to people preparing for Clock Day.

You know what ? I think clock day will be really nice! Some1 said me last year , he did a really crappy clock movie and it passed with a 3.5 ........ I may do one myself :D

I know its maybe bad , but I may vote 2 on every clock movie I see..... I dont want to get like 20 points on clock day because I voted 0 on crappy flash but it passed anyway :S ill see if there is a lot of mass voters.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-08-10 16:06:45

Ew.

This flash may start out like a "stop the war" flash, but a few pics in, there's that...ugh...wang-injuring pic.

Whistling is advised.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-08-10 16:32:12

Hey guys, I'd like to ask a favor of our fine barracks artists. I need to get my hands on artwork for 20 differnt weapons systems and 20 different armor systems. It's for an online game, set in space, so that would be the feel to go for. If anyone only feels like doing a few that would still be very appreciated. I, of course, would be forever in your debt.

Weapons
Various laser beams, missiles and cannons. The only two names that suggest what it should look like are FrostBolt and Kiss of Death.

Armor
Pretty much any different armor designs you can think of would be useful.

Format
Standard TV ratio is fine, the image will probably be resized. GIF format is preferred.

Thank you all so much, If you need anything, I'm just a pm away.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-08-10 16:37:03

do yo uwant your picture did in photoshop with some awesome effect or some in flash ? if its in flash I can give it a try.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-08-10 16:45:08

photoshop or fireworks would be more for what they're looking for. As long as it's a GIF tho, it would be useful. It shouldn't be animated or anything, just a still pic.
you can pop 'em on an image hosting site or e-mail them to glennisonfire@hotmail.com

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-08-10 17:28:28

ok , ill see if I have some time :D

Oh and between guys , if there is a flash that dont have anything animate in it , only a link to the guy site , can I whistle it ?

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-08-10 17:32:39

You don't really have to whistle those, they usually get blammed before admin even gets a chance to flag 'em. Won't hurt anything to whistle it tho; you just won't get any points.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-08-10 21:32:37

I Haven't been posting lately well I see Ghost is back did you fix your computer or get a new one?

It's good to see Major_punk has came back to the barracks! Welcome back!!

This weeks Underdog of the week got deleted again! What's happening?

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-08-10 21:35:45

Meh, I am having an OK day today for me, I will end up with like 30-40 b/p's most likely. But anyways, the portal was alright today, producing some pretty good flash, I actually think there were almost as many good flashes as bad ones. That's not usual.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-08-10 21:59:46

I decided on the storyline of my Clock Day submission. I don't want to give too much away, but it will involve the legendary warrior Slash-Clock, and a devious evil force seeking to destroy America!!!

Lots of comedy, action, satire, and tweens! Be there...Clock Day, 2006!

</shameless self promotion>

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-08-10 22:16:06

Hey guys I just stoped in to say I might not be B/Ping for a while because I joined the NJROTC (Naval Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps) and I'll be trainig/participating for the marksmanship team but I will return (when exacly I don't know) so I'll see you all later

~Salutes

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-08-10 22:36:20

At 8/10/06 09:59 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: I decided on the storyline of my Clock Day submission. I don't want to give too much away, but it will involve the legendary warrior Slash-Clock, and a devious evil force seeking to destroy America!!!

man slash i think this is the most effort youve devoted to making a flash movie yet! im interested to see the results.

Lots of comedy, action, satire, and tweens! Be there...Clock Day, 2006!

what about secks?

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-08-10 22:43:45

At 8/10/06 10:36 PM, worldfamous wrote: man slash i think this is the most effort youve devoted to making a flash movie yet! im interested to see the results.

lol, effort, yes. Quality? lol...you'll see. :-/

what about secks?

Oh, there will be sex. But TRUST ME, if you knew who the villain was, you wouldn't be interested in any sex scenes, lol.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-08-11 00:19:25

Day's end report:

161 points. Now THAT's what I'm talking about. ^_^

Speaking of big point gains...Clock Day! I just finished the script, downloaded some sound bits from Flashkit, and am about to open me up some .fla and kick its ass into .swf!

There will be clocks and warriors and elderly ninjas and Naruto music and cavity searches! And tweens, and horrible attempts at FBF that will end up looking jerkier than...some jerky comparison!

It will be grand! ^_^

Can a creative storyline compensate for horrible graphics? Will the mass-voting of Clock Day be enough to get this to pass? Find out, Clock Day '06! :-P

Good hunting, everyone! :salute:

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-08-11 00:24:18

At 8/11/06 12:19 AM, SlashFirestorm wrote: There will be clocks and warriors and elderly ninjas and Naruto music and cavity searches! And tweens, and horrible attempts at FBF that will end up looking jerkier than...some jerky comparison!

Sounds nice. :D

Can a creative storyline compensate for horrible graphics? Will the mass-voting of Clock Day be enough to get this to pass?

Guess we will have to wait until Clock Day, and see for ourselves.

Find out, Clock Day '06! :-P

Now I'm even more eager for Clock Day to come.

Filler text.

Because this space needs to be bigger than it already should be.

Jigen made this sig. madknt downsized it to fit the filesize limit. Go team.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-08-11 00:32:37

daily report for 8/10
Blams: 10749
Saves: 6488
Total B/P points: 17237
Total B/P points acquired today: 102
B/P Badge: Elite Guard Lieutenant Colonel (263 until next grade)

a pretty good day for me. wasnt around that much, because i had some chores and errands to run, but still managed 100. cant complain. colonel will come a bit late, but hopefully ill have it in 3 days. 2 if things go really well.

At 8/10/06 10:43 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: lol, effort, yes. Quality? lol...you'll see. :-/

what about secks?
Oh, there will be sex. But TRUST ME, if you knew who the villain was, you wouldn't be interested in any sex scenes, lol.

ohoho! so we have a villan do we? this should prove to be highly entertaining. i was disappointed though to see wonchop released his early. his stuff is always really good and i like watching it.

no way am I getting banned for a daily report

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-08-11 11:21:18

At 8/11/06 12:19 AM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Speaking of big point gains...Clock Day! I just finished the script, downloaded some sound bits from Flashkit, and am about to open me up some .fla and kick its ass into .swf!

There will be clocks and warriors and elderly ninjas and Naruto music and cavity searches! And tweens, and horrible attempts at FBF that will end up looking jerkier than...some jerky comparison!

All made in MS paint. lol

Anyway, it's just so cool knowing Slash is back. His flashes, his "Oh I got 170 B/P, I can do better than that," attitude, WELCOME BACK SLASH! :D
Yes, I know he came back like a week ago, I just had to say this.

Anyway, MY Studio 8 should arrive by Monday. If I work hard, you may even see a flash from me. :D

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /777777

http://metaldart.webs.com/ My freewebs website. Check it out dog.

My old NG profile ID: 1321019

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-08-11 15:11:52

At 8/11/06 11:21 AM, -MetalDart- wrote:
At 8/11/06 12:19 AM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Speaking of big point gains...Clock Day! I just finished the script, downloaded some sound bits from Flashkit, and am about to open me up some .fla and kick its ass into .swf!

All made in MS paint. lol

Actually, this time, I'm going to try to make it all in flash. Although my skills are still pretty bad, I'm getting more and more comfortable working with flash, and hopefully that means that I'll get better and better.

My only worry is "animating". Not to so much making some basic movement, but more of it being both my first time animating, and also my first time synching animation with music. It's easy as pie to synch speakonia to a picture or tween, but animation? The closest I've ever come to something like this was my "Liz's Birthday" flash, which I never submitted on Newgrounds (although I might if she lets me, lol). That one didn't really have animation, but it was, by far, my most complex and time-consuming flash to date.

Luckily the music part is only around 90 seconds long, so hopefully it won't be too much of a problem. I can maybe do a DBZ-type thing, and have both characters staring at each other angrily for a chunk of it, to kill some time... XD

If I find I'm just utterly not ready to animate and synch, I'm going to just use tweens cleverly, lol. Hopefully it'll pass anyway, due to it being Clock Day and all.

Anyway, it's just so cool knowing Slash is back. His flashes, his "Oh I got 170 B/P, I can do better than that," attitude, WELCOME BACK SLASH! :D
Yes, I know he came back like a week ago, I just had to say this.

Yeah, I am crazy. My flash style is "improvised", and my B/P style is...just fucking loony, heh. Today might not be that good for me, though, as I woke up less than an hour ago, and I have to work on my flash all day today.

Anyway, MY Studio 8 should arrive by Monday. If I work hard, you may even see a flash from me. :D

It takes a good while to get used to even the most basic things on flash, like preloaders and tweening, but yeah, making flash is awesome. Good luck on it! ^_^

:salute:

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-08-11 15:51:45

At 8/11/06 03:44 PM, El_Master wrote:
At 8/10/06 09:35 PM, DaRkZiEz wrote: Meh, I am having an OK day today for me, I will end up with like 30-40 b/p's most likely. But anyways, the portal was alright today, producing some pretty good flash, I actually think there were almost as many good flashes as bad ones. That's not usual.
...You're not a Barracks member so dont post here. You need 1500b/p to enter.

He's a NGPD member, and very close to EGP. All aspiring Elite Guards, even those not in the NGPD, are allowed to post here; they just cannot be members until they attain Elite Guard rank.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-08-11 16:05:47

At 8/11/06 03:11 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: It takes a good while to get used to even the most basic things on flash, like preloaders and tweening, but yeah, making flash is awesome. Good luck on it! ^_^

salute:

Guess what? It just arrived in the mail today! I've started making a flash, scrapped it, and started working on something else. XD

It's pretty hard animating, expecially movement. :(

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-08-11 16:06:03

After being away for a long time... I'm back. Because family trips suck.

BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-08-11 16:31:40

At 8/11/06 03:51 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote:
...You're not a Barracks member so dont post here. You need 1500b/p to enter.
He's a NGPD member, and very close to EGP. All aspiring Elite Guards, even those not in the NGPD, are allowed to post here; they just cannot be members until they attain Elite Guard rank.

OK I didnt know that was allowed. I've always thought of posting here being very strict, sorry.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-08-11 17:05:55

At 8/11/06 04:06 PM, -Casualty- wrote: After being away for a long time... I'm back. Because family trips suck.

Hey Casualty! Welcome back! :D

It's kind of been odd with you gone. Here's a recap of what you missed.
No more EOD reports

That's it. :P

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-08-11 17:07:29

hi guys can i join ive got 50 more points until level 3 and ive got 2 save points and 2 blam points!!! w00t

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-08-11 17:13:13

At 8/11/06 05:07 PM, pix3l wrote: hi guys can i join ive got 50 more points until level 3 and ive got 2 save points and 2 blam points!!! w00t

Level is irrelevant here, and to join you need to be of Elite Guard rank. But hey! You've got 4 B/P points already! Just 1496 more to go! :-P

Once you reach 200 (Security Guard), you can apply at the NGPD, to spend your time there while you work your way up to Elite Guard Private.

Good luck! :salute:

---Barracks Recruitment Officer Major General Firestorm

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-08-11 17:15:42

At 8/11/06 05:13 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Level is irrelevant here, and to join you need to be of Elite Guard rank. But hey! You've got 4 B/P points already! Just 1496 more to go! :-P

oh i had more b/p points than you before my accounts were deleted

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-08-11 17:37:16

welcome back casualty. you were gone for a long time, it seems. i think you may have left before i did. so its been a while. but one thing:

At 8/11/06 05:05 PM, -MetalDart- wrote: No more EOD reports

thats not exactly true. no more just posting stats. you can throw up a daily report, but there has to be something more significant to go along with it. you cant just say "ohh 50 points. good day" from now on. needs more substance, thats all.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-08-11 17:37:26

Oh, I didn't realize who you were at first, lol. Still, alts and deleted accounts don't count...not to mention I'm fairly certain most people here wouldn't want you joining.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-08-11 19:28:52

Permission to come aboard, SIR!
Cpl. Trogador