00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

harkhan71 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

3,023,025 Views | 60,869 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-06-19 23:47:47

At 6/19/11 11:44 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: Free whistle points! :D
Key words: Serena Gomez :P

What is there to whistle about it? I think it's free blam points, not whistle.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-06-20 01:34:54

Stolen Flash Game?

Original Link: http://www.xgenstudios.com/game.php?keyw ord=stickarena

True Author: Skye Boyles/XGen STudios

Published: 2003

I having a hard time distinguishing whether this guy tried to steal the game and fucked up the game's coding (making it all blurry and messed up), or if he messed it up on purpose.

Since he didn't create any of the work in this flash, I believe it still is probably flaggable.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-06-20 01:51:30

At 6/19/11 11:47 PM, Jolly wrote: What is there to whistle about it? I think it's free blam points, not whistle.

The author resubmitted the same entry SEVEN times in a space of fifteen minutes or so. Even though all of them got blammed quickly before being flagged, I still think that I did the right thing by trying to blow the whistle because the author did resubmit the flash multiple times.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-06-20 02:36:42

i would like to be part of The Elite Guard Barracks, sir

The Elite Guard Barracks

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-06-20 08:20:48

At 6/20/11 02:36 AM, scopemaster13 wrote: i would like to be part of The Elite Guard Barracks, sir

Come back when you have more experience on the battlefield, sonny.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-06-20 09:32:54

At 6/20/11 02:36 AM, scopemaster13 wrote: i would like to be part of The Elite Guard Barracks, sir

We appreciate your enthusiasm, but you need to be a bit more seasoned to join the Barracks. We require a rank of Private or higher, bronze whistle, decent review and post history, and no active affiliation with any spammers or hate crews.

Might I recommend that you inquire at the NewGrounds Police Department (NGPD) if you are interested in joining the fight to keep Newgrounds safe and balanced.

Regards,
EGSC ByteSlinger
Barracks Recruitment Officer

Proud member of the EGB since 2006 |-EGB Forum-|-EGB Website-| Game and Movie Mod 2017

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-06-21 22:17:40

It quiet here in the Barracks at the moment I saw a massive deletion of flashes in the obituaries, looks like some of it was from a former SS member Star Syndicate. Lots of the submissions were from like 2007 so not new. I like looking at the flashes by SS not Star Syndicate but a author by the name http://jordand.newgrounds.com/ I have only watched one the whole way through Astral Projection cool flash it was long but good worth checking out his flashes are.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-06-23 15:43:51

hi everyone
right now i am going to have a long time inactivity, so i might get back until end of the year (already PM byte about it)...
Real life is too busy right now, and i have to study a lot

So good luck guys, and keep protecting the portal

*Salute*
EGSC aldlv

~Member of the EGB since 10/04/07 ~Member of the NGDD since 10/28/07

~thanx a million times for the sig CagedSilhouette

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-06-23 15:56:18

At 6/23/11 03:43 PM, aldlv wrote: hi everyone
right now i am going to have a long time inactivity, so i might get back until end of the year (already PM byte about it)...
Real life is too busy right now, and i have to study a lot

So good luck guys, and keep protecting the portal

*Salute*
EGSC aldlv

I know I speak for everyone here when I say that we're all sad to see you go. You will be missed.

As you have requested, you have been honorably discharged from the Barracks, and should you wish to rejoin, just PM EagleRock, RohanTheBarbarian or any of the Officers here, and we'll put you back on the roster.

I hope the challenges you face are not too hard, and that real life treats you well, even if you are busy.

And remember, no matter what yo do, keep giving it your best, and always fight the good fight!

*Salutes*

Proud member of the EGB since 2006 |-EGB Forum-|-EGB Website-| Game and Movie Mod 2017

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-06-23 17:00:23

Hi there, guys! It's been a long time... Now, I know that some of you will look at my name and think "whoa, wasn't this guy dead or something?" And judging by the last roster, others may think "who the hell is this guy?" First of all... I think that I owe you all an apology, and an explanation (not that I have a good one, but I feel that you deserve to know what I've been up to lately and why I was absent for such a long time).

According to my post history, the last time I came here was to tell you that I was having some trouble with my computer. I managed to fix that stuff within a week, but soon after that I went on vacation and I didn't have the time to warn you about it. When I came back, I had some other things that I wanted to do, and I also had a lot of personal problems which kind of consumed all of my free time and distracted me and for some reason Newgrounds stopped being at the top of my priorities list.

Then, time seemed to fly as I soon started going to university which meant having even less free time. I still don't know how I handled to bear with it since I did much better at university than I expected. Now, my life is settling down and I'm getting used to my new schedules which mean that I'm able to take more advantage of my free time (hence why I'm here).

And that's pretty much it. I know that you're probably not interested in my life, but as I said before, I owe you an explanation, and an apology. I don't think I need to apologize for not being active, because I assume that at this point we all know that sometimes life can be a bitch and get in the way, making us lose interest in the things we used to love. But I DO owe you an apologize for not telling you about it before. I should have come here and informed you that I wouldn't be posting for a long time, because that's the kind of behavior one would expect from an EGB member (especially from someone who used to be an officer), but I didn't care to come here and I hate myself for it.

So, does this post mean that I'll come back and start posting here frequently? I don't know, but I surely hope so. I've missed you all and for a few weeks I've telling myself that I need to come and post here, but I kept making up new excuses not to do so. However, I've finally managed to get off my lazy ass and do the right thing :D

Sorry for the long post, and I hope to see you all more often from now on :)

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-06-23 17:05:18

HEYYYYYY GUUUUUUUYSS What's up???

Got back from a 3 week absence, my parents were out of the city, and I had to stay in my grandmother's house, wich has a shitty internet connection... So, here I am back, and willing to protect the Portal again!!

I'm so happy right now, but at the same time, I'm so fucking sad and tired, now, everything I ever dreamed in my whole life is happening, but at the same time, everything I never wanted to happen is happening AT THE SAME FUCKING TIME.

I'm not in the mood to talk about this right now, it's really bad for me, and I think I already talked about my life a lot here, you guys aren't phychologists. Anyways, if you guys wanna know what happened, I can tell you...

Anyway, it's nice to come back here to the barracks, meet all the good 'ol friends I have here... It's a real nice feeling. But now...

ON TO THE PORTAL!

Hey you, looking for fun? Join the Elite Guard Barracks

Signature by CagedSilhouette!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-06-23 17:45:31

At 6/23/11 05:00 PM, Ismael92 wrote: I know that you're probably not interested in my life, but as I said before, I owe you an explanation, and an apology.

Damn, I was wondering what happened to you. I assumed you moved on with your life but it's good you gave a hello to us to show you still appreciate us.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-06-23 21:01:10

Well, this is shaping up to be a good day after all...

Despite hearing about aldlv's discharge, from out of the blue we hear from our prodigal son, Ismael92 - and our favorite Brazilian, RogerBK!

First off, guys - all apologies accepted. I know that time can get away from you, and real life should always take precedence over this little artificial world we live in. Contrary to your own claims, most of us DO care what happens to you IRL, and if you ever want to just blow off some steam or need someone to just listen - and not judge - I, and many other EGB members, are always willing to lend an ear. Of course, we wouldn't expect you to tell us all the details in a post, but PMs and e-mail are always an option.

We appreciate the fact that you both were respectful and considerate enough to remember to check back in and let us know what's going on. Truth be told, we usually worry about the "worst things that could happen" when you're out of touch - but when we get posts like this, we can all breathe a little bit - and help you in any ways we can.

Ismael: you were gone for so long and you didn't answer roll call - so you were marked as AWOL and inactive. Based on your long and thoughtful apology, I will be willing to reactivate you on the roster, knowing that your activity levels may be low - but you'll stay on the radar (even if it is the edge). Let me know, and we'll put you right back in the middle of things.

Roger: It's always good to hear from you, especially after all the crap you've been through. Do what you can on the portal and in the forums - but just keep in touch once a week or so. This way, we won't be worried so much! You are still on the active roster, as you did answer roll call, and did show activity up until about a month ago.

Anyway - welcome back, soldiers! Good to know you're still around!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-06-24 00:41:48

Stolen Flash Alert!

Original Link: http://www.3dfa.com/

All this thief did was add some catchy background music to the swf; this was game was actually stolen once in the past as well.

Sorry for my recent absence, I had a bout with tonsillitis (which is pretty hard to get rid of). So I'm just trying to get better before I start becoming super active again :D

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-06-24 11:25:13

At 6/23/11 09:01 PM, byteslinger wrote:
our favorite Brazilian, RogerBK!

hah! I knew you guys love Brazilians!!

and help you in any ways we can.

Well, thanks, you guys are really awesome because of this... It's really nice to come here after some weeks and see that you guys really care about us! :D

Roger: It's always good to hear from you, especially after all the crap you've been through. Do what you can on the portal and in the forums - but just keep in touch once a week or so. This way, we won't be worried so much! You are still on the active roster, as you did answer roll call, and did show activity up until about a month ago.

Yeah, thankfully, I'm still in the roster, I'll make sure to report you guys before an inactivity period.

Anyway - welcome back, soldiers! Good to know you're still around!

Thanks Bytes! I'll try to go back to the portal and keep B/Ping like I did in my early NG days... :D :D

Also, nice to see you again Ismael!!

*Salutes*

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-06-25 20:49:07

It is grand to see you on here Ismael92 I did wonder where you had got to hopefully, you will be active if you do come back back. You as well as Lizzardis did a great job of the Roaster every month. Well I'm using Safari as my browser at the moment it seems to a lot quicker then Camino, but it like the browser that Macs come with I think. So I will see if it worth sticking with.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-06-26 13:57:58

At 6/23/11 05:45 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 6/23/11 05:00 PM, Ismael92 wrote: I know that you're probably not interested in my life, but as I said before, I owe you an explanation, and an apology.
Damn, I was wondering what happened to you. I assumed you moved on with your life but it's good you gave a hello to us to show you still appreciate us.

Don't worry, if I ever decide to move on and leave NG permanently, I'll first come here and tell you about it. So if I ever disappear without previous notification, feel free to assume that I'll eventually come back :)

At 6/23/11 09:01 PM, byteslinger wrote: Despite hearing about aldlv's discharge, from out of the blue we hear from our prodigal son, Ismael92 - and our favorite Brazilian, RogerBK!

"Prodigal son"? Heh, don't say that, or else people around here will think I'm more important than I really am... Or something...

Ismael: you were gone for so long and you didn't answer roll call - so you were marked as AWOL and inactive. Based on your long and thoughtful apology, I will be willing to reactivate you on the roster, knowing that your activity levels may be low - but you'll stay on the radar (even if it is the edge). Let me know, and we'll put you right back in the middle of things.

Yeah, I know I was removed from the roster, it's what I expected after being inactive for so long. However, from now on I'll do my best to come here more often, so I'll accept the offer of being added to the roster once again. Thank you for all the kind words :)

At 6/24/11 11:25 AM, RogerBK wrote:
At 6/23/11 09:01 PM, byteslinger wrote:
our favorite Brazilian, RogerBK!
hah! I knew you guys love Brazilians!!

Of course! What's not to love about all your sungas and stuff?

At 6/25/11 08:49 PM, phantomlassuk wrote: It is grand to see you on here Ismael92 I did wonder where you had got to hopefully, you will be active if you do come back back.

You don't have to worry anymore. I'm here again and I'm planning to stay for a while :D

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-06-26 17:19:21

At 6/26/11 03:07 PM, Martin wrote: I know i'm not apart of the elite guard barracks or anything but this user "awesome14" has been uploading stolen flash submissions to the portal recently.

Damn! I saw that user post those Samus games and I thought that he obviously ripped off the design/images from the author "PlayShapes", but I didn't think much of it at the time......

Now it seems quite obvious that this thief is simply ripping games from Hentai Sites (most of these games he's posting are stolen from here;NSFW).

I would advise sending Tom a pm reporting these stolen games, I'm sure he'll be able to get those removed quickly! ;)

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-06-27 11:02:48

What you guys think of this?

I don't think it classes as stolen more remastered but still it's worth a look.

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-06-27 14:45:44

Has there been a decision made about the roster manager position?

Cause the 1st of the month is this week, and since I applied for the position I'd like to know before hand whether or not I might have to do the roster.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-06-27 15:16:34

At 6/27/11 02:45 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote: Has there been a decision made about the roster manager position?

Cause the 1st of the month is this week, and since I applied for the position I'd like to know before hand whether or not I might have to do the roster.

Truth be told, we still haven't made a decision yet. We do have a few members who are interested, and we're still kicking it around a bit. The hardest part is getting the Officers to weigh in - seems a lot of them (us) are busy IRL and there's a bit of a lag in communications. But that happens once in a while, and we just muddle through it.

Unless we decide by Friday, don't worry about it - if no one has been chosen yet, I'll just run the roster (temporarily) on July 1st - and hopefully we'll have made a decision soon afterwards.

Sorry about the delay - as soon as we make a decision, you will all know!

At 6/26/11 01:57 PM, Ismael92 wrote:
At 6/23/11 09:01 PM, byteslinger wrote: Ismael: you were gone for so long and you didn't answer roll call - so you were marked as AWOL and inactive. Based on your long and thoughtful apology, I will be willing to reactivate you on the roster, knowing that your activity levels may be low - but you'll stay on the radar (even if it is the edge). Let me know, and we'll put you right back in the middle of things.
Yeah, I know I was removed from the roster, it's what I expected after being inactive for so long. However, from now on I'll do my best to come here more often, so I'll accept the offer of being added to the roster once again. Thank you for all the kind words :)

Let's welcome back Ismael92, as he is now back on the active duty! He's be placed back on the roster, and hopefully, he'll be around for a long time!

*Salutes*

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-06-27 17:16:16

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this game looks stolen.

This one looks pretty obvious, I mean, it still has the Meet-And-Fuck logo plastered on it.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-06-27 17:24:39

Someone slap me, I hate to double post, but I wasn't finished typing.

The guy claims to have permission (Whether or not that is true I don't know) but we've seen that claim before so I don't know what to believe. As far as I can tell, it was posted here, in early 2010.

He also has another game with the same logo.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-06-27 17:53:25

Hey Isamel, just to clarify the things... I DO NOT wear those sungas :P

Anyway, bytes, what are you guys talking about the Roster Officer?? Is Lizz ok?

Too bad I can't do all these things on the Roster, it seems to be pretty hard. I'd be willing to do it if I COULD do it... lol

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-06-27 18:14:12

At 6/27/11 05:53 PM, RogerBK wrote: Anyway, bytes, what are you guys talking about the Roster Officer?? Is Lizz ok?

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/3873 19/1284

He decided to quit doing the roster.

Too bad I can't do all these things on the Roster, it seems to be pretty hard. I'd be willing to do it if I COULD do it... lol

It's not, besides the intros and I believe managing who joined/left, everything is done automatically.
http://wkrconcepts.com/egb/index.php?pid =3

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-06-27 19:08:52

At 6/27/11 06:14 PM, Jolly wrote: and I believe managing who joined/left

I'm not sure if byte does that or the roster manager does.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-06-27 20:22:13

The roster manager is 95% automatic - all you need to do is add any new members or mark current members inactive and the program does the rest. Every night, it scans for the daily activity of all active members (it's tied to some processing with NG Logs, for those who are curious) and it updates daily and monthly history. It also generates the monthly roster and the cut/paste code that can be placed in a post on the EGB Forum here. All calculations are handled by the program, and it does make the reporting a whole lot easier.

It does have a few glitches, like when a member changes their name it gets confused - I need to make a program change for that, but until then, I have to patch the database manually for now. It also sometimes puts "leaving the barracks" members in the prior month. Not a big problem - just gotta clean it up.

But the Records Officer is more than that - this is just the toolbox, and not the position. It helps the RO, but it doesn't provide the human touch. So we need to find a person who can fill that position and be not only a record keeper, but a good Officer as well.

Hope this clarifies things!

As you were, soldiers!

*Salutes*

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-06-27 21:08:20

Stolen Flash:

Original Author:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQfSx6zEe y0

Author comments:
"This guy diserves most of the credit for filming the video all I did was edit it a bit in Vegas pro 10 and import it into Flash Cs5.5. Subscribe to his channel!"

Minecraft server: alureon.net

PortalWatch 0.1 Alpha - Download

Sig by illicit

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-06-28 11:50:20

Uhm, sorry for asking that, I should have searched trough the forum... My bad.

Anyway, I didn't know the EGB stats in your site was done automatically, I tought Lizz was the one behind it... :x

Thanks for explaining bytes, it seems to be easy, if you guys need, I'm available to do it, it'd be cool.

Fucking hell, it's too damn cold here... Today, here in my city, the temperature was -1°C... Ugh, that's too cold for a tropical country like Brazil... Hey Ismael, Uruguay should be way colder now, huh?

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-06-28 13:48:35

Stolen Flash:

Original Link: http://www.kongregate.com/games/jigmin20 0/awesome-little-maze-game; http://www.stencyl.com/

Basically, I believe that this game is a tutorial game (similar to Chocobreak, which comes with GamesFactory 2) that comes with "Stencyl" when you download the program. This guy's other game was stolen from Stecyl.com as well, where it was a downloadable game (link).