00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FleetSparrow just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

3,032,966 Views | 60,968 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-09 12:31:40

At 3/9/06 12:21 PM, JoKeR_ADT wrote: I saved his profile and I'm keeping an eye on it so when he does review I'll mark if its abusive If you want his profile here it is.

clever move. I'll bookmark it too.

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-09 12:33:32

Looks like he switched his alias, lol. He's the same guy who posted about me, too, isn't he? The prick...I'm tempted to e-mail him, but eh, I'm too lazy to. :-P Plus then he'd know my e-mail, assuming he doesn't already, and I have enough spam and hate mail and im's as it is.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-09 13:09:19

sorry I haven't posted since my last one but I have been flagging the idiots in the abuse review thread for the past few hours. there are so many of them to flag and so far i got about 1400 flags and I am still going for more. The portal was moving a little slow before as well. oh as for the guy who gave me shit in the general don't hold anything against that guy the general is the most common place to find internet jackasses and haters who have better stats then them especially if you brag about them and in a way I was asking for it whenI went on and stated bragging about my whistle. well I am going back to the portal to find some more jerks later

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-09 13:39:31

thanks for defending me but what you did was add fuel to a flame war. I know you can get banned for something like that but still that doesn't seem right. I am surprised that that person would insult me when he doesn't even know anything about me except that I have the gold whistle. I wonder what will happen if I ever get deity

besides ramagi hunting me down and with her sword/ mallet

I bet it will just get even worse. but do me a favor if someone says something about me again just ignore them. don't stoop down to their level and they can't argue if they are by themselves since it takes 2 to argue.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-09 14:56:11

I was just informed that because of a major celebrity involved event in my small town this Sunday I will be securing the area with the police for a heavy 6 hour shift school included. It's gonna suck B/P wise because I will be missing 12 hours straight but hey, watch'a gonna do?

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-09 15:12:51

At 3/9/06 01:39 PM, LittleWashu wrote: stuff

Well ma'am, I don't think you CAN get banned for using the "leave a message". I'm guessing you mis-interpreted the stuff above as BBS posts, which they werent. Or maybe I'm mis-interpreting you...whatever.

SO I'm slowly trying to learn flash and photoshop. I was bored in class, so I made the sig below. It doesn't look like total crap, and it fits under the maximum file size by a fair bit, so those are improvements over my previous attempts. I'm happy.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-09 15:12:54

At 3/9/06 05:32 AM, Ghost_Phantom wrote:
At 3/9/06 05:23 AM, Dream_of_Duke wrote: I am really tired of getting banned because of that.
I only have one solution which I use, stay off the general section. The general section is pure suicide. If you post there you really are asking for it... I stay close to the C&C and here and there, the Wi/Ht but that's all... The general section should come with a warning " post at your own risk".

Thanks for your advice. As a matter of fact, when I have not been posting as many as I used to in the general section since 2006. I believe that it is just a matter of luck. If you get lucky, say the mod is in a bad mood, you are dead. But hey, I will follow your advice. Oh, madknt, glad to see you here. I am about to rank up, can you change the badge to EGLC on my sign and save everything else? I am not good at computer, and I have no clue how to change it. :P I had a terrible judgement day yesterday as I misvoted at least 20% of the entries I voted, but I somehow still managed to gain 109 points which brought my weekly average to 105.8 points. Amazingly, I found myself AWEFULLY close to RemRulzz now. He seemed to pull me away 1 week ago. Ghost, if I top him by the next update, you are the person I need to thank to. He seems to be discouraged after you finally passed him. ;) On a side note, I am ranked No.133 now which is a new high for me. Considering the huge gap (around 500 points) between No. 130 and 131, I will be happy if I manage to climb to No.131 by the next update. Also, I gained 126 points the day before yesterday thanks to the "battle for 300000" which is my new daily record. Back to the portal. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-09 15:40:30

Another question: how do you guys deal with trailers? I personally find it hard to get points from voting on trailers. Some trailers are so well animated, but they are so short (up to 20 seconds) which confuse me from voting. I struggle a lot from voting 1 or 2 lately. (You know the difference.) My decisions are normally based on efforts, if a trailer is super short, I would vote 1 anyway despite good animations. If a trailer does not have great animation, and the author shows efforts, I will vote 2 as long as the graphics are not that bad. But my methods are not helping me from getting the points well lately. Do you people have some other good methods that I can share?

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-09 15:47:39

At 3/9/06 03:12 PM, Peregrinus wrote:
At 3/9/06 01:39 PM, LittleWashu wrote: stuff
Well ma'am, I don't think you CAN get banned for using the "leave a message". I'm guessing you mis-interpreted the stuff above as BBS posts, which they werent. Or maybe I'm mis-interpreting you...whatever.

I mean't to say can't get banned but you know what happens when you don't proof read your posts before you post them. but thanks fot giving me the BOTD

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-09 16:14:18

Following the letter of the law, Trailers don't belong in the portal, they belong in the Alpha's section. I fought the good fight for a while, but eventually had to give it up. I don't even review them anymore. I blam most of 'em, but really pretty ones get a pass.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-09 16:27:58

At 3/9/06 03:47 PM, LittleWashu wrote: I mean't to say can't get banned but you know what happens when you don't proof read your posts before you post them. but thanks for giving me the BOTD

Ahh, ok then. Silly typo's. I was about to hit "post" to ask you what BOTD meant, but I just remembered "benefit of the doubt" :)

Trailers: if it looks good and may get somewhere, I vote no higher than 3 (being unfinished). The rest of my decision is personal.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-09 16:58:11

Well i am off for today i have got about 30 b/p because i have been busy and will also be tommorow but i hope to have a strong weekend. Well keep up the good work! *salutes*

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-09 17:03:05

At 3/9/06 03:12 PM, Dream_of_Duke wrote: Thanks for your advice.

Any time.

I found myself AWEFULLY close to RemRulzz now. He seemed to pull me away 1 week ago. Ghost, if I top him by the next update, you are the person I need to thank to. He seems to be discouraged after you finally passed him. ;)

Believe it or not, I will have you know that he had never heard of the list at all and B/Pes just for fun, he only posts in small places like NG news and the P-bot opsts. I tried contacting him to tell him about the list but he is no where to be found honestly. Our B/P fight back then was a one side battle, he had never even heard of me or the list... Sad isn't it?

Another question: how do you guys deal with trailers?

Depends on how promising the author is. Fallen angel is a trailer and it made top 50...

Oh… And my attempt at your sig. I will be the first to admit it sucks and madknt will do much much better but try and settle for this until he shows up.

The Elite Guard Barracks

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-09 17:14:36

At 3/9/06 12:05 AM, JoKeR_ADT wrote: I don't mind if people download it but no one gets 500 downloads in one day someone just clicked the download button over and over. I don't mind if you check my audio out.

I remember that happened to me on my 2 audio's i dont mind really it was sorta funny actually just go with it...

Trailers

In my opinion some of the trailers are more like movies because they have lots of stuff in them, well the really good ones, i never seen any issues come up about trailers before untill now...

Trailers have been passing since i can remember, besides i tend to vote on the quality of effort and work put into the flash, i think thats the idea...

Anyways finaly got past toocool100 yesterday actually moved up 2 spots which is nice From #31 to the #29 B/P list so notbad at all, allthough i have a week vacation coming up which will hurt me but ill hope to recover afterwords...

The next few people on the list ahead of me or abit spread out by a couple of hundred, but will be just another fun battle to go though..

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-09 17:43:33

You have no Idea how bored I am.

Sig for Washu. I'm still learning, go easy.

The Elite Guard Barracks

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-09 17:57:39

I am comforting myself with the fact I can B/P more now since I truly cannot fall asleep, despite a medication called Ridazin ( It's all the shrink would give me ) I still feel that I cannot sleep even though I know brain cells begin to die within 48 hours of no sleep. Wish me luck.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-09 18:13:29

At 3/9/06 05:57 PM, Ghost_Phantom wrote: I am comforting myself with the fact I can B/P more now since I truly cannot fall asleep, despite a medication called Ridazin ( It's all the shrink would give me ) I still feel that I cannot sleep even though I know brain cells begin to die within 48 hours of no sleep. Wish me luck.

Man don't hurt yourself trying now to fall asleep. for all you know it may be a slow night the last thing we need is a fallen solider. so pace yourself I am not saying this because I want to pass you but as a worried solider

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-09 18:47:51

Possible stolen alert:

http://newgrounds.com/portal/view/300333

I know I have seen this exact flash before, but so far I can't find the original, as the flash itself has no given title to do a search for. I advise caution. I'll keep searching to see if I can't find the original.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-09 19:03:45

http://www.deviantar../deviation/26984098/

Pfft. If it's his, he should link to it there. And I know I've seen it on Newgrounds, too. I whistled it, myself.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-09 19:13:05

Donthurtme reporting in:

First up I may as well go for a End of Night Report:

About 40 points so far, with maybe 30 minutes left before I call it a night (assuming I can sleep, but I'll get to that in a minute)
50 whistle points, not bad, not good!

I am sorry for my somewhat sporadic posting here, but I am extremely busy, and the events of today mean that this is only going to get worse from now on.

Today I was offered a one year placement in Denver, Colorado, working in a lab in the University of Colorado. This is a huge opportunity for me, quite possibly the defining moment in my life, and as such I am going to have to hit the grind stone and work like mad before I leave so that I make the right impression. As such Newgrounds will be taking an increasingly small amount of my time, and although I will attempt to post here when I can, I am going to slowly disappear.

For the moment, while I sort out things like Visas, flights, and where I am going to live, there may be little difference in my activity, and certainly I am free all day tomorrow, so am hoping for a good day in the portal. But as the Summer nears things will change. I also have the consideration of my girl friend, who I will be leaving behind here, and I want to make these months special as I am going to miss her so much when I am away. She is going to stand by me, and at least give it a go, so it isn't the end, but it will hurt all the same.

Anyway, that's anough about me, I'm sure you didn't want to hear all that, but I felt I owed my fellow soldiers an explanation.

However, you can help me!! I have never visited Denver, and have very little idea what it is like. Having visited California a couple of times (LA, San Francisco, San Diego, even out to Las Vegas in Nevada), I have some idea of what American life is like, and I am extremely excited about the prospect of living out there, something I have always dreamed of doing. However, I was wondering if any of you have visited the area, or indeed live there and could tell me what it's like? It's all well and good looking at websites and books, but it doesn't really tell you what it's really like.

Thanks for any help you can give, and sorry for boring all of you with that (my longest post ever by quite a distance!!)

*salutes*

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-09 19:22:16

man its been a long friggin day. school is absolutely killing me. college sounds so sweet right now. anyway, after last night i got within striking distance of becoming a prap, not that anyone really cares, but im proud of myself in that feeling-like-im-wasting-my-life way. 96 more to go so hopefully the portal really picks up tonight. peace out and happy blamming.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-09 19:24:35

The flash passed. I am annoyed, but eh, whatcha gonna do. But if I should ever find it elsewhere on NG, I am e-mailing Wade. A deviant art account ain't enough.
Pfft...
:salute:

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-09 19:27:36

At 3/9/06 07:24 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: The flash passed. I am annoyed, but eh, whatcha gonna do. But if I should ever find it elsewhere on NG, I am e-mailing Wade. A deviant art account ain't enough.
Pfft...
salute:

don't worry about it you don't lose any whistle points since it wasn't marked but you do that slash

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-09 19:29:47

At 3/9/06 05:43 PM, Peregrinus wrote: You have no Idea how bored I am.

Sig for Washu. I'm still learning, go easy.

Well I am using your sig and do me a favor when I get Deity could you make me one with that whistle as well?

If I live long enough after I get that whistle

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-09 19:32:58

just curious, but how many whistle points do you think you had to get to make gold washu? always wondered how many you had to get.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-09 19:33:20

At 3/9/06 06:47 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Possible stolen alert:

http://newgrounds.com/portal/view/300333

I know I have seen this exact flash before, but so far I can't find the original, as the flash itself has no given title to do a search for. I advise caution. I'll keep searching to see if I can't find the original.

it was fileswapped I am emailing wade right now

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-09 19:36:57

Ah hell...this tracl practice is killing me as far as racking up B/P. Very frustrating to come home around 6:00 and start from there. Everything is gone. Thats it...I mean....damn. Anyway

B/P-54 ( better than last time)

review flags-21

submission flags-1

I am so sick of seeing that same flash where the fixated turret mows down the oncoming waves. This by far has been the most stolen entry. For the third time and still going it has been stolen. I mean you don't see people stealing the prowlies do you? Why this one? The funniest part is when they claim they haven't stole it I get such a kick out of that. Oh well...life goes on.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-09 19:41:41

At 3/9/06 07:32 PM, world_famous wrote: just curious, but how many whistle points do you think you had to get to make gold washu? always wondered how many you had to get.

I have a good clue but I am keeping it to myself for the good of flagging

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-09 19:45:56

haha ok thats cool. once i got to the silver i kind of stopped, mostly cause you dont know how many points you have. i definitely thought about trying to get the gold, but i think im gonna wait and just do b/ps for a while yet. thanks for the reply.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-03-09 19:53:26

So you folks are enjoying your new signs, huh? I am still 98 points away from EGLC. By the time I get it, I will update my sign. ;) By the way, Littlewashu, your sign should certainly contain something like "ramagi is going to lose her deity" which may motivate you. Back to the portal. :D

BBS Signature