00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

YoungInfamous just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

2,990,023 Views | 60,659 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2015-05-07 23:30:54

I don't know about you guys but all I'm getting is a screen that if you click anywhere it just redirects you to another site. Which is contrary to NG's rules of submission.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2015-05-07 23:34:55 (edited 2015-05-07 23:39:20)

At 5/7/15 11:30 PM, gamejunkie wrote: I don't know about you guys but all I'm getting is a screen that if you click anywhere it just redirects you to another site. Which is contrary to NG's rules of submission.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/657331

Well, lets just find out about that, shall we? :)

Hmmm... it seems that now it takes you to a "Removed by the NG moderation team" screen. How odd...

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2015-05-07 23:53:13

At 5/7/15 11:34 PM, Exedor wrote:
At 5/7/15 11:30 PM, gamejunkie wrote: I don't know about you guys but all I'm getting is a screen that if you click anywhere it just redirects you to another site. Which is contrary to NG's rules of submission.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/657331
Well, lets just find out about that, shall we? :)

Hmmm... it seems that now it takes you to a "Removed by the NG moderation team" screen. How odd...

Very, very odd indeed. I'd even goes as far as to say 'quite a strange occurrence'. I wonder how that happened. *giggle*

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2015-05-09 00:53:22

Okay a user just PM'd me this. I just copy/pasted it here for your perusal.

At 5 hours ago, almost-eden wrote: hi - i coulldn't find where to report this and saw that you were in the group of moderators..

can you let a mod be aware of this? my children stumbled upon this today and it is extremely inappropriate. it is listed under simulation / pet/buddy games and should not even be under games, much less shown without an age checker.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/654497

I agree with A-E that it's not a game but it is rated M. With that said though it's just basically a .Gif. So do as you please with it.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2015-05-09 04:28:32 (edited 2015-05-09 04:29:23)

At 5/9/15 12:53 AM, gamejunkie wrote: Okay a user just PM'd me this. I just copy/pasted it here for your perusal.

At 5 hours ago, almost-eden wrote: hi - i coulldn't find where to report this and saw that you were in the group of moderators..

can you let a mod be aware of this? my children stumbled upon this today and it is extremely inappropriate. it is listed under simulation / pet/buddy games and should not even be under games, much less shown without an age checker.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/654497
I agree with A-E that it's not a game but it is rated M. With that said though it's just basically a .Gif. So do as you please with it.

There's a small, quite overlookable arrow in the lower corner which does stuff, so it is interactive. I adjusted the rating; it should've been higher. That said, it doesn't break any of the rules, other than being rated correctly, which has now been done, so I've gotta leave it up. I may have to kick her review, since you can't tell authors what does and doesn't belong.

Though, in some ways, I agree with her. The submission was some kinda deviant sumthin. :\

...fancy new sword ya got there... :)

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2015-05-09 05:03:38

At 5/9/15 04:28 AM, Exedor wrote: ...fancy new sword ya got there... :)

It's a Blam Sceptre. It's so shiny.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2015-05-09 09:41:56

Doctor-Gordon crap...if it doesn't get blammed.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2015-05-09 11:40:45

Is there a trick to getting this to work. I've tried clicking start and every button on my keyboard and I'm getting nothing.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2015-05-09 13:21:49

This seems to be a gameplay of sorts based on the model animations. Description makes me suspect it may also be stolen.

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2015-05-09 13:33:56

To kind of add on to recent conversation, I've submitted movie only submissions that I created to the flash portal YEARS ago. Not only were they pretty well received some of them even won awards. It has never been and never will be against the rules to upload "YouTube quality" submissions no matter what your opinion is on them. In fact, if you're voting zero on them for just that reason it's pretty silly. Just ignore styles that you don't like. Just because you don't like them doesn't make them bad.

Just think of how Numa Numa was first submitted to newgrounds way back when.

*Salute from an old member*

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2015-05-09 16:13:58

At 5/9/15 01:33 PM, Fro wrote: It has never been and never will be against the rules to upload "YouTube quality" submissions no matter what your opinion is on them. In fact, if you're voting zero on them for just that reason it's pretty silly.

You're right. The criteria for quality lately seems to be changing however, as are the opinions on what is acceptable and what isn't. I remember when the EGB used to be a big, friendly lounge rather than a place to report abusive submissions. While I think it's awesome that the portal is better defended from malicious flashes, I do miss some of the people. I wish I had stuck around a few years back.

Anyway, I don't think anyone is saying these types of submissions are rule breaking so much as that they aren't the type of entertainment NG should support with ad revenue; that is, if the content is not quality entertainment, funny, or thoughtfully made, NG's dollars shouldn't be flooding the submitter's pockets. Point blank, the majority of YouTube videos don't take as much work to create as your typical flash movie or game -- no scripting, no animation, no real skill involved, unless you're an actor or a comedian. Numa Numa was something new, as far as it was catchy and a little ludicrous. Most of the "YouTube material" I see on NG these days is about as imaginative or entertaining as your average garden brick, and it feels like spam.

I don't think YouTube-esque submissions should be auto blammed, but voting fairly and justly is important. YouTube doesn't have a filter on what content passes through, but it's our job, the user base's job, to ensure the content here is up to par, fresh, and worthy of the money NG doles out in ad revenue. That's what keeps NG going, our votes. So, when I see a video I enjoy in the portal, my vote reflects that. When I see one that's clearly a money grab, spam, offensive, poorly thought out, and slapped together, naturally, I'm going to vote like so. If I think it's intentional, I may comment about it, but it's ultimately up to the individual whether any submission is blam worthy or not.

Great food for thought, @Fro

*salutes*

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2015-05-10 09:01:32

At 5/9/15 04:13 PM, EDM364 wrote: YouTube doesn't have a filter on what content passes through

Neither does Newgrounds really

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2015-05-11 07:54:29

more match 3 shovelware from this valued contributor

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2015-05-11 16:38:37

Bushknifetherise is submitting what I think will be removed.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2015-05-12 08:13:04

At 5/11/15 04:38 PM, Phenom9 wrote: Bushknifetherise is submitting what I think will be removed.

Care to link what it is you suppose to have broken the Portal Submission Criteria?

------

Shovelware.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2015-05-12 15:31:18 (edited 2015-05-12 15:35:08)

Shovelware.

Uploaded by the same guy. When the loading screen reached 100%, clicking the play button led me to their website, but if you wait awhile after it reaches 100%, it will automatically lead you to the game's main menu. Is it considered abusive in some way?

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2015-05-12 19:16:12

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2015-05-12 23:40:13 (edited 2015-05-12 23:43:39)

Shovelware

---

At 5/12/15 07:16 PM, DeftonesFan665 wrote: Youtube material
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/657595

Video sketches featuring live-action is allowed as long as its original.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2015-05-13 04:00:54

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2015-05-13 06:10:30

It's a recording of an unfinished animation with a camera.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2015-05-13 06:55:52

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2015-05-13 13:33:39

thought with their last submission being in april they'd fucked off. i was mistaken :(

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2015-05-14 03:09:14

Scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2015-05-14 16:08:09

previously blammed here:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/657637

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2015-05-14 20:16:13

Rio Davis Blowjob is stolen from a pay site game called High tail hall.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2015-05-14 23:35:40

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2015-05-14 23:40:58

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/657717

This poorly made animation is making fun of 9/11, not funny at all totally offensive.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2015-05-15 01:25:30

At 5/14/15 11:35 PM, BIG-G wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/657710
This is stolen from crow's website: http://www.hthstudios.com/
At 5/14/15 08:16 PM, Evab100 wrote: Rio Davis Blowjob is stolen from a pay site game called High tail hall.

..High Tail Hall...? Yeah, it's been on Newgrounds forever and a day. And yeah, that's not the author. Removed.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2015-05-15 01:37:30

" It's just one level of another platformer created by a guy who makes videogames."

Author states that he stole this level from a game that was created by another.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2015-05-15 07:44:36

BBS Signature