00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

privateC2004 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

2,990,581 Views | 60,662 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-04-09 14:00:59

At 4/9/11 05:53 AM, Coop wrote: 2011 Revolution - Voting Habits
You soldiers all have a responsibility to this thread, as much as the Barracks. Dismissed.

Tomorrow is the last day if my B/P strike week. No one noticed of course, but I did. I did...
Maybe if we all pitch in and actually do something, there is hope yet.

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-04-09 14:03:07

At 4/9/11 02:00 PM, Phantom wrote: Tomorrow is the last day if my B/P strike week. No one noticed of course, but I did. I did...
Maybe if we all pitch in and actually do something, there is hope yet.

A B/P strike? I'm wondering why you would do this?

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-04-09 14:59:28

I've been on a B/P strike by default, been so busy with university that I just don't get to remember to log in, but now I don't have as much left to do, I should be able to get back into the swing of things. I realise I say this all the time though, lol.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-04-09 15:12:10

ARE YOU SERIOUS?

If the Portal was a physical object, I'd burn it down.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-04-09 15:18:55

At 4/9/11 03:12 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: ARE YOU SERIOUS?
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/56 6997
If the Portal was a physical object, I'd burn it down.

Holy Crap.....how that passed judgment I will never understand (I gave it a big fat zero almost immediately), I mean it barely even worked and it was a test of a LOGO. I guess it just goes to show you that the majority of voters don't give a shit as long they get free points, this is exactly why it is nearly impossible to earn blam point nowadays (sigh).

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-04-09 15:29:53

One more thing.

ATTN: PEOPLE WHO SUBMIT THINGS TO THE PORTAL

Learn 2 fucking preloader. I'm so sick of having to wait for 5+ meg flashes without any clue if they're broken or just taking a while to load.

also submit some fucking original content for a change

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-04-09 16:02:08

Not sure that original content is a must because then we wouldn't have many parodies and some of those are pretty funny.

Also, working on some unofficial collection pages: http://little-rena.newgrounds.com/news/p ost/581674

Anything I should look for to include?

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-04-09 16:49:29

You soldiers all have a responsibility to this thread, as much as the Barracks. Dismissed.

Great post Coop. I'm very glad you did this, I think as a mod more people will listen to you and hopefully we will get more people's attention to this problem. I added my two cents to it, but great post!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-04-09 17:54:44

At 4/9/11 03:29 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote:
Learn 2 fucking preloader. I'm so sick of having to wait for 5+ meg flashes without any clue if they're broken or just taking a while to load.

I second you Slash, it's a real pain in the ass to wait those flashes to load. When I see this kind of flash, I just Alt + Left it. Leave it there. Won't waste my time on those idiot flashes.

Hey you, looking for fun? Join the Elite Guard Barracks

Signature by CagedSilhouette!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-04-09 21:36:39

At 4/9/11 12:27 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote:

Made giant post. Endorsed admin totalitarianism and secret police.

Made less giant post. Told everyone to go outside and stop treating the internet like it's actually important to them.

Got no responses. :P XD

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-04-10 00:51:02

At 4/9/11 02:03 PM, Decky wrote: A B/P strike? I'm wondering why you would do this?

Because having no B/P points is better than contributing even mildly to those carnivorous save-whores.

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-04-10 11:55:43

Original. Making a "mod" that is nothing more than a downgraded version of the original, with no new additions to speak of, does not constitute your own work.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-04-10 12:07:26

Okay, this shit drives me insane.

Currently on the Portal:

Submitted yesterday on the Portal:

LOOK AT THE AMAZING DIFFERENCES!

The Elite Guard Barracks

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-04-10 12:22:05

Hey, guys?

Uh...am I just doing something wrong here? All I see is an eternal screen of moving arrows between two pictures. Clicking does nothing. There is no right-click-play/forward option. Tab reveals no hidden buttons. AND it seems that this guy's other flashes are the same thing...but passed.

What the fuck is going on?

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-04-10 12:32:53

At 4/10/11 12:22 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: What the fuck is going on?

Maybe they are being proxied to pass? I don't know though, it seems stupid for them to pass but it's about the same level of flash that some others pass.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-04-10 12:40:16

At 4/10/11 12:32 PM, Little-Rena wrote:
Maybe they are being proxied to pass? I don't know though, it seems stupid for them to pass but it's about the same level of flash that some others pass.

But is does the same thing for you, right? I was sure that it must be a problem on my end because no one would be STUPID enough to submit something so utterly fucking moronic.

...right?

...RIGHT?

*sobs*

I'm showing it in the voting revolution thread if it passes, along with the recolored game I mentioned above. This is PRECISELY what is wrong with Newgrounds.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-04-10 13:56:10

At 4/10/11 12:07 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Okay, this shit drives me insane.
LOOK AT THE AMAZING DIFFERENCES!

Sadly, that is not the worst example of this kind of spam.......

All of them are the same exact game with just a change in the background color. Gee, what will he think of next...

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-04-10 14:05:00

At 4/10/11 12:40 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote:
At 4/10/11 12:32 PM, Little-Rena wrote:
But is does the same thing for you, right? I was sure that it must be a problem on my end because no one would be STUPID enough to submit something so utterly fucking moronic.

Yeah, they all do the same thing which is nothing, the reviews also say that much I think. But no, I don't know why anyone would, I mean I've submitted some um, pointless things but nothing that looks interactive and isn't or even a logo.

I'm showing it in the voting revolution thread if it passes, along with the recolored game I mentioned above. This is PRECISELY what is wrong with Newgrounds.

I do think letting the same thing slightly diffrent pass is silly, I've seen well known artists do it too because it was a high scoring day and they wanted an award. I'm probably a little more libral on the submissions than some people here though because I care more about what amuses me in some way rather than the quality.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-04-10 14:37:12

Hey, look, that one I mentioned earlier got blammed. It had an absurd score of 1.47, but it didn't quite make it.

I'd say that my hope is rekindled, but A) he's got others just like it, B) it was likely only luck that enough people were on to blam it, and C) other people pass with similar/worse stuff.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-04-10 17:14:27

This whole thing is basically clips of star wars... And it was made with Jib jab.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-04-10 17:15:11

At 4/10/11 05:14 PM, Jolly wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/56 7100
This whole thing is basically clips of star wars... And it was made with Jib jab.

Wrong link, sorry.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-04-10 17:17:05

Stolen video:

Original link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUtrUuKh-
XU

Original author: JibJab (Youtube)

Date submitted: May 4, 2010

This is guy is really stupid. Uploading a well-known video made by some of Youtube's most renown artists. Dumb move bro.

Hopefully this one doesn't pass through.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-04-10 18:48:55

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-04-10 19:30:27

At 4/10/11 06:48 PM, Jolly wrote: Stolen game.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/56 7103
It's stolen from a tutorial.

http://www.bezzmedia.com/swfspot/tutoria ls/flash8/Catapult_Game

It doesn't even make any sense, when it ends it says "You lose" but how do you lose a game that has no objective but to get as far as possible.

I don't get it.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-04-10 20:14:08

Nice catch, Jolly! This is a pretty common theft. It already exists on Newgrounds, and I've seen it a few times before.

I'll bookmark the source for future reference.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-04-10 21:30:14

It passed which is annoying even though I flagged it I found it on the web odd thing to steal a tutorial. I like the clay animation I saw today on Newgrounds. It got me thinking I recall someone wanting to know what happened to a very well know clay animator, who name is Knox. It seems like clay animation not that poplar anymore?shame I think it is very clever.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-04-10 23:39:02

At 4/10/11 08:14 PM, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote:

Nice catch, Jolly! This is a pretty common theft. It already exists on Newgrounds, and I've seen it a few times before.

I'll bookmark the source for future reference.

Guess what it passed and by now I am not even surprised anymore. But on another note It is shit like this passing that has made me decide to retire and only deposit.

Facepalms once again.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-04-11 13:11:41

I have reached the glorious rank of TOWN WATCH! Haha, 100 B/P. It's taken me THIS LONG to get 100 B/P. In the old days I'd have gotten 100 B/P within 24 hours, but being a more discriminating voter on a Portal that isn't as quick as she used to be...well, it kinda slows things down.

That's alright, though. My vote power has increased slightly, so now I'll be dealing 2% EXTRA JUSTICE to those submissions that present themselves before me.

Speaking of JUSTICE, those Nuclear Volatile etc flashes I mentioned earlier have been deleted, which is good. I don't know if Wade deleted them---the author still seems to exist, and I'd have happily deleted his account if I was in Wade's shoes---or the author did it, but either way, that shit's gone. I didn't care much for the original version, anyway, let alone...yeah.

Alas, the multicolored skeet games remain, but we can hope that their survival is only temporary.

Now I need to go back to the Portal. I'm kinda hungry...

...FOR JUSTICE

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-04-11 14:21:27

You had your B/P points reset did you? Well congrats on reaching the prestigious rank of Town Watch!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2011-04-11 14:34:36

Stolen audio alert.

Let's apply logic here - if the music was his own, he'd upload it to the Audio Portal, right. So why is he linking us here?

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature