00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jmurr12 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

2,921,492 Views | 60,135 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-06-14 08:28:59

Eh, hi all. I just woke up to find quite an unpleasant surprise in the portal . . more KK spam. I'm glad I'm not an epileptic here. Those guys should come with seizure warnings printed on them or something, seriously. So anyway, I seriously feel for you guys wanting jobs. I can't wait until March, when I'll be getting all my permits and such.

Apologies for the short post, by the way.

music producer freebies // Januarylist // Februarylist // Take My Cymbals // Get ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-06-14 11:41:40

At 6/13/10 02:11 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote:
God I really, really, really need a new job! Washing dishes part-time a good job does not make!

I interviewed at Sears and got a part time job. The thing is, the store is really understaffed and it has basically turned into full time with me working everyday and getting called in on my days off. I might only make 7.50 an hour (every credit card that I get someone to sign up I get 2 dollars as well), but with 30 hours a week it's been really nice.

200 dollars a week and I don't have to spend a single cent is like a fortune at this time. It's my first time ever working in retail and it's actually not bad.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-06-14 14:06:58

Speaking of jobs, i've got myslelf one at abercrombie & fitch. I've known the really hot manager for a while and she got me a job standing and folding stuff :::a floor model::: It's not what you think, i dislike what they sell. I have a few things from there that i have to wear to work, but otherwise i'm not paying that much for the garbage they produce. It's a easy job except for canadian holidays when they invade and destroy everything in the store and i find myself folding the same thing a dozen times becase they are indesive of what they want to buy... But for 11$ a hour i'll hang around there for awhile.

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-06-14 14:31:13

At 6/13/10 02:11 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: I guess I'll try Home Depot and Lowe's Hardware.

Not a bad idea. You should try to learn what they sell first, though, before you work there. For training, I suggest listening to "Hardware Store" by Weird Al Yankovic. Everyone knows Weird Al is the regional expert on hardware stores and what they sell.

At 6/14/10 08:28 AM, Andrea364 wrote: Eh, hi all. I just woke up to find quite an unpleasant surprise in the portal . . more KK spam. I'm glad I'm not an epileptic here. Those guys should come with seizure warnings printed on them or something, seriously. So anyway, I seriously feel for you guys wanting jobs. I can't wait until March, when I'll be getting all my permits and such.

I'd seriously not worry about it too much. It's just the current state of the Portal. Things like this come and go, and it is all just what makes up Newgrounds. Things will change at some point for the better, as they usually do...till the next crew comes around. :-)

Apologies for the short post, by the way.

Your posts are never short. At least, not spammy or post +1-ish. A post doesn't have to be long-winded as long as it has substance to it. :-)

At 6/14/10 11:41 AM, Fro wrote: 200 dollars a week and I don't have to spend a single cent is like a fortune at this time. It's my first time ever working in retail and it's actually not bad.

Not too shabby. When I was in college, I got to work as the system admin for the computer lab. I did it mostly for the learning, because I didn't make much at all. Hell, I started at $8 an hour, and when I became the head system admin, I made a whopping $8.50 an hour. Of course, my hours were maxed at 15 hours a week... :-/

At 6/14/10 02:06 PM, idiot-buster wrote: Speaking of jobs, i've got myslelf one at abercrombie & fitch. I've known the really hot manager for a while and she got me a job standing and folding stuff :::a floor model::: It's not what you think, i dislike what they sell. I have a few things from there that i have to wear to work, but otherwise i'm not paying that much for the garbage they produce. It's a easy job except for canadian holidays when they invade and destroy everything in the store and i find myself folding the same thing a dozen times becase they are indesive of what they want to buy... But for 11$ a hour i'll hang around there for awhile.

Something tells me that a guy that goes on Newgrounds enough to make it to Supreme Commander is not the kind of guy that shops at A&F all the time, lol. I don't anyone was worried. At least you're attractive enough to be floor model, lol. I've heard horror stories about people working there that were forced to work back-of-house because they gained weight...wow. At least they pay decent enough...

It makes me glad I'm years past retail. :-)

Founder of the Elite Guard Barracks [ Thread ] [ Forums ] Sig by ByteSlinger

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-06-14 18:21:11

What is it with people stealing how the fuck did this pass?! I came across this and its stolen right from ARMOR GAMES you can see the logo!

I just PM Tom Fulp and I reported some other stolen flashes too the other day, this is an account worth keeping an eye on.
http://kut1231.newgrounds.com/

Well I have decided to stop playing OBLIVION played it for a few times more but think what is the point if I'm waiting for it to get better.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-06-14 19:12:55

At 6/14/10 02:31 PM, EagleRock wrote: I'd seriously not worry about it too much. It's just the current state of the Portal. Things like this come and go, and it is all just what makes up Newgrounds. Things will change at some point for the better, as they usually do...till the next crew comes around. :-)

That's true. Thanks for the pick me up. You just delivered the momentary optimism that my coffee just couldn't provide. Not even caffeine can make an MRE that much more bearable to eat. :)

Your posts are never short. At least, not spammy or post +1-ish. A post doesn't have to be long-winded as long as it has substance to it. :-)

Haha, thanks. I guess I was just used to quoting everyone like I did way back when.

Something tells me that a guy that goes on Newgrounds enough to make it to Supreme Commander is not the kind of guy that shops at A&F all the time, lol. I don't anyone was worried. At least you're attractive enough to be floor model, lol. I've heard horror stories about people working there that were forced to work back-of-house because they gained weight...wow. At least they pay decent enough...

It makes me glad I'm years past retail. :-)

Heh, speaking of floor models, the manager of A&F offered me a job as one, which I had to turn down because well, labor laws, like I'm sure I've bitched about at least a few times in the three or so days I've been back. I dunno, maybe not, since I can't even remember what I ate for breakfast, which was about ten minutes ago. =/

I heard that the last floor model quit the job because of the manager harassing them though, and currently, she thinks I'm a guy, so yeah, I doubt that'd work out well. I mean, take off your jacket one day and all of the sudden you're fired for looking like a cross-dresser, even though you're clearly not. That'd suck. That's why my mom quit retail, too many trivialities, that and the fact that the people that worked under her kept screwing around in her department and getting her in trouble.

At 6/14/10 06:21 PM, phantomlassuk wrote: I just PM Tom Fulp and I reported some other stolen flashes too the other day, this is an account worth keeping an eye on.
http://kut1231.newgrounds.com/

Aye, indeed. Speaking of things to keep an eye on, I don't know how I keep missing all these flashes. It's like they submit them right when I'm sleeping. Argh! I'll just have to keep trying.

Well I have decided to stop playing OBLIVION played it for a few times more but think what is the point if I'm waiting for it to get better.

Oblivion? I've kind of been living under a rock lately. Could someone fill me in? Judging by the name, I think I might be interested. :)

music producer freebies // Januarylist // Februarylist // Take My Cymbals // Get ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-06-14 20:25:09

At 6/14/10 02:31 PM, EagleRock wrote: I'd seriously not worry about it too much. It's just the current state of the Portal. Things like this come and go, and it is all just what makes up Newgrounds. Things will change at some point for the better, as they usually do...till the next crew comes around. :-)

The Portal is forever fluctuating between two extremes: the bustling and often seedy city with plenty of spam, and the dry and barren desert with nothing except other sites' advertisement submissions. Seeing either after a long period of the other is rather refreshing, no? Either way, I'm currently seeing it in an optimistic light. The sun has risen again, and the many submitters of Newgrounds are awake again.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-06-14 22:17:53

Just a random observation: Lizzardis got icon-modded.

Congrats on being able to... to...

...What the hell do icon mods actually have control over anyway? Icon banning people? Just deleting / changing random icons? I never actually thought about it until now. o_0

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-06-14 23:12:49

Hey guys, I got my Private badge a while ago, and I was wondering if I could join. Or am I not supposed to be so explicit?

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-06-15 02:55:56

***STOLEN FLASH***

This is directly taken from a scene of a South Park episode entitled "Damien." You can provide a link to the episode from SouthParkStudios.com here.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-06-15 08:39:19

At 6/13/10 02:11 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: I go an automated email from Target and this is what they said:

"We are unable to offer you a position at this time. Thank you for your interest in Target."

T_T :(

God I really, really, really need a new job! Washing dishes part-time a good job does not make!

I guess I'll try Home Depot and Lowe's Hardware. And GameStop(for the billionth time. I think the reason they never get back to me is because where they ask for experience with computers, my dad keeps telling me to put down what game systems I have.)

Cheer up bro, I must have submitted like a hundred applications before I landed my first job, and that was after a long wait period of two months, hit and miss. The one thing that I had going for me was my determination. I did many follow up phone calls after my interview to let my potential employer know that I was interested in the position.
Remember:
1) Determination
2) Ambition
and
3) Determination to be ambitious

French tanks have six gears, 5 reverse, and one forward in case they are ever attacked from behind

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-06-15 13:42:46

Stolen

Original.

You have to right click and hit 'play' for it to work on the original site, but it's exactly the same game otherwise.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-06-15 13:58:47

At 6/15/10 01:42 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote: Stolen

And again:

Original.

^^Right click + 'play' = same game.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-06-15 20:52:28

At 6/15/10 08:21 PM, jedi-master wrote: The weird thing is that he has submitted 12 other flashes that have not been flagged properly. Strange indeed. I know he stole this flash anyways.

Y'know, I think that one might actually be legit. If you look at the "legal terms" on the original site, you'll find that it's a site not unlike Newgrounds. Specifically in the fact that it does not make its content itself, but relies on authors to upload their work there. Add to that the author's odd use of English (both here and on his other games), and how many of the same grammatical quirks appear in unrelated areas of the original site, and I think there's fair reason to believe it IS actually the same person behind both this NG account and this site.

The account may not have any apparent links to the site, but remember what the flagging options box says: "If the submission appears to come from a well-known websits, the author's e-mail would usually, but not always, come from the same address."

Just my opinion anyway, but I'm gonna leave that one until if and when any more evidence supporting either possibility crops up.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-06-15 21:20:25

I'd like to join, but am only a mere civillian. I am interested in the highest rank, though.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-06-15 22:22:22

I just saw spam at http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/53 9319 . It has ear rape, so turn the volume down!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-06-15 22:46:08

At 6/15/10 09:20 PM, boringuy wrote: I'd like to join, but am only a mere civillian. I am interested in the highest rank, though.

You're better off trying the Newgrounds Police Dept. first. You don't quite meet the requirments for either of these groups, but with a bit of work you could enter the NGPD. :)

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-06-15 23:37:05

Wow - get busy for a day, and all sorts of things go on. Time to catch up!

First, congrats to Lizz and Ismael for becoming Icon Mods. Good to know if any icons get out of line, we have two of our finest ready, keeping them in line!

Next, to Cobra:Sorry about Target falling through - but don't get down on yourself. When the right job comes along, you'll get it! In the meantime, don't forget to enjoy the summer, get some fresh air and some swimming in, and live a little!

Then, to BoringGuy: I can appreciate your desire to want to join the EGB, but as stated before, you need to work up your qualifications a bit. Most new users start out in the NGPD, and then, if they desire it and are qualified, may join the EGB. But please let me make it quite clear that neither the EGB nor the NGPD are group blamming clubs - we live by the primary rule to be fair on all of our judgments and responses, whether to flash voting, whistles or reviews. We individually make are own decisions what to blam and what to protect, and we NEVER make statements like "flash #999999 is crap - let's all blam it!". I would recommend reading up on the manifesto of both groups to understand our roles here at Newgrounds .

And then, last but not least: I have just posted Chapter 25 - You Can't Run Away Forever on the BBS. You'll find out that the past can be a dangerous place - and also discover an interesting link between SlntCobra1 and ByteSlinger. Enjoy!

*Salutes*

Proud member of the EGB since 2006 |-EGB Forum-|-EGB Website-| Game and Movie Mod 2017

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-06-16 08:07:55

At 6/15/10 11:37 PM, byteslinger wrote:
First, congrats to Lizz and Ismael for becoming Icon Mods. Good to know if any icons get out of line, we have two of our finest ready, keeping them in line!

Holy crap, Lizz and Ismael are Icon Mods now? Congrats guys, you deserve it! Now if only the admins hadn't taken away the Golden Aura for Icon Mods, I would have known. :P

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-06-16 13:53:47

At 6/13/10 02:11 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: I go an automated email from Target and this is what they said:

I'm sorry to hear that. Don't be so sad though, I'm sure that eventually you'll find the perfect job and everything will work out for the better.

At 6/15/10 11:37 PM, byteslinger wrote: Wow - get busy for a day, and all sorts of things go on. Time to catch up!

lol, I haven't posted in here for a few days. I've been a bit busy studying for semestral tests, so that's why I may not feel very motivated to post at the moment.

Thanks. However, our work isn't to look for "out of line" icons. Unlike other mods, we do not deal with users (technically, we don't moderate what other people do). So that means that we can't ban other people either. As Lizz said, our job consists of making icons for submissions, which is pretty fun IMO.

At 6/16/10 08:07 AM, Kaizerwolf wrote: Holy crap, Lizz and Ismael are Icon Mods now? Congrats guys, you deserve it! Now if only the admins hadn't taken away the Golden Aura for Icon Mods, I would have known. :P

To be honest I'm glad that you didn't notice. As I told Tom (and Rohan) via PM, the lack of a gold aura is one of the reasons why I like being a mod. I don't like the way mods draw too much attention, and how some people tend to treat them different just because of that, so I don't want that to happen to me. I also don't want people to think that I do icons just to get mod status, so by not having what is thought to be one of the best benefits (gold aura and access to the mod forum) people won't think that :)

And yes, I do know that what I just said doesn't make any sense.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-06-16 17:50:42

At 6/16/10 05:42 PM, jedi-master wrote: Stolen:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/53 9413

Hahahaha.

Dear morons:
When stealing a flash, try not to leave the copyright notices in it. Especially not if they're on the first thing every player of said game sees. If you are too retarded to do that, flash theft is probably not for you.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-06-16 19:45:39

At 6/16/10 06:27 PM, jedi-master wrote: You just have to love the amount of stupidity that Newgrounds has to deal with on a daily basis. :D

Yeah, especially the stupidity that sees things with obvious copyright notices STILL pass judgement!

I swear, a pile of blind monkeys could do a better job of spotting a stolen flash than the nameless hordes of 12 year old morons and statwhores we give whistles to.

One more for the PM list. Along with a big-ass rant about portal mods being the only way forward with this horseshit.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-06-16 22:05:56

Congrats on Ismael92 and Lizzardis on becoming icon mods you lucky people. I have been rather slow on b/p this week ,my cat bite me and the bite got infected, I had to get a Tetanus jab which is very sore and bruised. My foot swollen too as of the result of the bite. On OBLIVION here is link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Elder_S crolls_IV:_Oblivion It is a sequel to Morrowmind.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-06-16 23:46:49

At 6/16/10 10:05 PM, phantomlassuk wrote: Congrats on Ismael92 and Lizzardis on becoming icon mods you lucky people. I have been rather slow on b/p this week ,my cat bite me and the bite got infected, I had to get a Tetanus jab which is very sore and bruised. My foot swollen too as of the result of the bite. On OBLIVION here is link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Elder_S crolls_IV:_Oblivion It is a sequel to Morrowmind.

Ah look at you two prestigious sons of bitches, icon mods, eh? not bad, not bad at all.

So wait, lassuk, how did you manage to get tetanus from your cat, does it have braces or something? All jokes aside, I feel bad that your cat infected you and that I hope you get better soon.

French tanks have six gears, 5 reverse, and one forward in case they are ever attacked from behind

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-06-17 00:03:16

At 6/16/10 10:05 PM, phantomlassuk wrote: my cat bite me and the bite got infected, I had to get a Tetanus jab which is very sore and bruised. My foot swollen too as of the result of the bite. On OBLIVION here is link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Elder_S crolls_IV:_Oblivion It is a sequel to Morrowmind.

Ouch, I know how you feel... and tetanus shots for a cat bite? Weird. Where I live, they pretty much just let you suffer with the infection and die. Also, the shot shouldn't have left a bruise unless done incorrectly. I'd be mightily pissed if I were you. I hope your foot gets better soon. Thanks for the link, by the way. :)

Anyways, I was just stopping by to let everyone know that I'm still alive and trying to stay as active as possible.

Cheers!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-06-17 01:54:27

At 6/14/10 11:12 PM, thenewbies wrote: Hey guys, I got my Private badge a while ago, and I was wondering if I could join. Or am I not supposed to be so explicit?

To the Barracks: I've addressed the user in private, so don't worry...I got it covered. :-)

At 6/15/10 11:37 PM, byteslinger wrote: First, congrats to Lizz and Ismael for becoming Icon Mods. Good to know if any icons get out of line, we have two of our finest ready, keeping them in line!

Lizz and Ismael...keeping the rogue icons at bay with their...photoshop...and stuff.

Yeah.

But seriously, congrats you two! As always, the members find a way to make themselves more prestigious by the day!

Next, to Cobra:Sorry about Target falling through - but don't get down on yourself. When the right job comes along, you'll get it! In the meantime, don't forget to enjoy the summer, get some fresh air and some swimming in, and live a little!

Exactly. You'll find somewhere soon enough. Keep it up!

Then, to BoringGuy:

Thanks for directing him, Byte!

And then, last but not least: I have just posted Chapter 25 - You Can't Run Away Forever on the BBS. You'll find out that the past can be a dangerous place - and also discover an interesting link between SlntCobra1 and ByteSlinger. Enjoy!

Highly recommended.

*Salutes*
At 6/17/10 12:03 AM, Andrea364 wrote: Ouch, I know how you feel... and tetanus shots for a cat bite? Weird. Where I live, they pretty much just let you suffer with the infection and die.

:-/ Interesting. I'm gonna guess you live in the boonies, but I'd have thought there was healthcare all over the US...

Anyways, I was just stopping by to let everyone know that I'm still alive and trying to stay as active as possible.

Good to hear. I'd recommend catching up on my two stories if you haven't already. Also, Byte's story is quite interesting as well. Basically put, she's consistently adding dimensions to her stories. Literally.

Cheers!

Since when did you turn British? :-)

-----------------------

Anyway, here's some official Barracks business. In light of the ongoing Roll Call, the Barracks is going to see some large changes in our roster. Some true greats are leaving our ranks, and we will have some substantial gaps in our officer list. Personally, I don't see this as a bad thing, as it is an opportunity for new members to shine. After all, most of the users that are being honorably discharged were inactive for a while.

Anyway, once our Records Officers complete Roll Call and have fully updated the roster (July 1st), I will be performing an officer shakedown. All roles will be evaluated to see who is active and inactive, and what roles need to be filled. Judging by the current list of users that have responded to the Roll Call as active, we won't have any trouble at all filling those roles.

In the meantime, however, I do have a little surprise for the Barracks that I have been working on. Our current Barracks Forums have served their purpose for a while, but they were never an ideal location. The BBS style is not fun to work with, and is a pain to manage on the back-end. Also, security is not strong. Since the forums were compromised multiple times in the past, there is really no reason we can trust it for confidential work. Therefore I've taken it upon myself to redesign the Barracks Forums and am hosting it on my own server.

You can get to the forums by heading to http://egb.eagleworld.net. Please note that the security on these forums are a bit higher than the previous ones, so you'll need to choose a strong password and wait for me to approve you. If I'm not sure about some people I see signing up, I might send some PM's just to verify. I will then grant you all permissions you're entitled to.

So, feel free to take a look and play around! I'd like to start cutting over to the new forums and am thinking we can be fully cut over by the end of the month. I have already migrated over a good amount of the important posts, and will be doing more as we go along. For example, I'll be migrating our three major stories soon. If you have questions or any suggestions about the new forums, please feel free to post it in the forums. I'll be glad to make adjustments as the Barracks sees fit.

Enjoy!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-06-17 02:08:45

Summer holidays have just started and already I'm averaging around 60 B/P a day, which I haven't done since early 2009, which is great! I'll have more time for NG this summer considering I'm completely done with school! On the other hand I do have a lot to do this summer, including finding a job and getting settled in by the time I hit college next year, plus a lot of trips around the UK including Glastonbury Festival and the Glasgow/London Meets.

Good luck to those applying for the Officer positions since the current officers will have left by the end of the month, I'm sure we'll do fine.

Is anyone participating with Robot Day in any way? I'm making a flash myself and if you'd all like I'll keep you all posted on progress. I feel I should be more active in the barracks since my holidays have just started and come next year I'll be doing work I love doing; Art.

*Salutes*

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-06-17 04:36:02

At 6/17/10 01:54 AM, EagleRock wrote:
-/ Interesting. I'm gonna guess you live in the boonies, but I'd have thought there was healthcare all over the US...

Oh, we have healthcare, it's just so God awful that you're better off laying in the gutter anyway. If you get a serious injury or illness, going to a hospital is a death sentence, basically... a slow and agonizingly painful one. I don't live in the boonies or anything, quite the contrary; my town the second biggest city in the state, but our medical facilities are horrible. The next town over isn't so bad, though.

Good to hear. I'd recommend catching up on my two stories if you haven't already. Also, Byte's story is quite interesting as well. Basically put, she's consistently adding dimensions to her stories. Literally.

Will do, after I finish level grinding, B/P'ing, and my other daily activities. :)

Since when did you turn British? :-)

Ah, I didn't. I think that's more of an Australian thing. I've been playing FFXIII obsessively, and my favorite character, whose voice actor is an Aussie, tends to say that a lot during battle sequences. I guess it's just wearing off on me, haha.

Fang FTW! =D
bad news and crap

Aww . . Well, there will be a lot of people I'm going to miss then, I'm guessing. I'm looking forward to this, nonetheless; I know that whatever happens, we'll be moving forward. :)

Also, moving back to the topic of stories, did you ever finish the Barracks Under Fire story or make a sequel? Just wondering if that was one of the stories you were talking about.

You can get to the forums by heading to http://egb.eagleworld.net.

*girlish squeal* I'll sign up as soon as possible.

Enjoy!

Will do, haha. Just as . . well, just know that I will. *refrains from typing another smiley face*

I notice I'm procrastinating a lot lately, lol. Sorry about that.

Well, I'll finish my pitiful excuse for a B/P round and go to sleep. See you guys later!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-06-17 11:12:14

At 6/17/10 01:54 AM, EagleRock wrote: -----------------------

Anyway, here's some official Barracks business. In light of the ongoing Roll Call, the Barracks is going to see some large changes in our roster. Some true greats are leaving our ranks, and we will have some substantial gaps in our officer list. Personally, I don't see this as a bad thing, as it is an opportunity for new members to shine. After all, most of the users that are being honorably discharged were inactive for a while.

I'm still interested in the "New Recruit Orientation Dominatrix" position... Or maybe the soon-to-be " Dark Queen and Ruler of All That is Not Linux" ... I'm open to suggestions...

Anyway, once our Records Officers complete Roll Call and have fully updated the roster (July 1st), I will be performing an officer shakedown. All roles will be evaluated to see who is active and inactive, and what roles need to be filled. Judging by the current list of users that have responded to the Roll Call as active, we won't have any trouble at all filling those roles.

I like butter on my rolls.

In the meantime, however, I do have a little surprise for the Barracks that I have been working on. Our current Barracks Forums have served their purpose for a while, but they were never an ideal location. The BBS style is not fun to work with, and is a pain to manage on the back-end. Also, security is not strong. Since the forums were compromised multiple times in the past, there is really no reason we can trust it for confidential work. Therefore I've taken it upon myself to redesign the Barracks Forums and am hosting it on my own server.

Looks like the new job isn't so hard after all! Glad to see that our fearless leader has in fact shown more exceptional leadership by taking responsibility for the EGB forum. Well done, indeed! (next step: integrate the new forum to the website I put up - and then, after that - THE WORLD! mwuhuhuhaaaaaa!)

You can get to the forums by heading to http://egb.eagleworld.net. Please note that the security on these forums are a bit higher than the previous ones, so you'll need to choose a strong password and wait for me to approve you. If I'm not sure about some people I see signing up, I might send some PM's just to verify. I will then grant you all permissions you're entitled to.

I requested to register. Where's my approval? What do you mean I have to wait 10 minutes! You call that service! just kidding....

So, feel free to take a look and play around! I'd like to start cutting over to the new forums and am thinking we can be fully cut over by the end of the month. I have already migrated over a good amount of the important posts, and will be doing more as we go along. For example, I'll be migrating our three major stories soon. If you have questions or any suggestions about the new forums, please feel free to post it in the forums. I'll be glad to make adjustments as the Barracks sees fit.

I did look around - and I found the "make a new logo for the forum" thread. Here's my first shot - what do you think?

Enjoy!

Oh, I will.....I will.....hehehehehe....

*Salutes*

The Elite Guard Barracks

Proud member of the EGB since 2006 |-EGB Forum-|-EGB Website-| Game and Movie Mod 2017

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-06-17 13:00:17

Not to say that your photoshop skills are anything less than impeccable Byte, but still, leave some room for the rest of us to submit before you go and take all the glory.

Also, I'm a MOD on the forums, don't forget! hehehehe! Looks like I'm right in line to be 2nd in command in Byte's new world order.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH!

Sig by Byte | Steam ID -- SilentCobra | PS3 Gamer Tag -- SlntCobra1

Writers Lounge | EGB | PS3

BBS Signature