00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MadManOnMeds just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

2,986,719 Views | 60,647 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-11-26 15:21:13

At 11/26/06 12:00 PM, OtakuAl wrote: Yeah. Before I joined the Egb, I was a diablo 2 addict. I played for a couple of hours each day, until I got hacked. I've never thought how pointless it was to continuously play the game on end since then. I haven't touched it since. I could have done so much with my time if I didn't play D2.

I used to really like Diablo 2, until I got that it'll take massive amounts of work to beat it, so I just left it behind when I switched computers.

At 11/26/06 03:11 PM, ILoveToYiff wrote: Quite happy. I'm sure my insomnia helped keep me from going insane from no sleep. I guess my body is tougher than alot of other peoples. I'm a biabetic and my sugar is always high. It's been that way since I became diabetic, and I am not showing any signs of damage. I have been diabetic since September 26, 1999.

So what if you are diabetic? a different blood sugar level doesn't effect one's sleeping habits and such a drastic amount of sugar to help keep energy to stay up for a week is enough to cause diabetics on its own.

I admit it would help be more energetic than most people, but I doubt it would go that far, you'd still lose brain cells from the lack of rest regardless of energy. Which is kind of a shame. Though at best you were lucky enough to lose cells in the memory region rather than the areas that control the body and speech. You might notice a shorter term memory than most people now if your stories are close to the truth. The human brain is not to be trifled with, sleep!

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-11-26 15:41:05

At 11/26/06 03:21 PM, Phantom wrote:
At 11/26/06 12:00 PM, OtakuAl wrote:
So what if you are diabetic? a different blood sugar level doesn't effect one's sleeping habits and such a drastic amount of sugar to help keep energy to stay up for a week is enough to cause diabetics on its own.

I admit it would help be more energetic than most people, but I doubt it would go that far, : you'd still lose brain cells from the lack of rest regardless of energy. Which is kind of a shame. Though at best you were lucky enough to lose cells in the memory region rather than the areas that control the body and speech. You might notice a shorter term memory than most people now if your stories are close to the truth. The human brain is not to be trifled with, sleep!

Those two things were supposed to be seperate statements. I will admit my memory stinks. But it stinks because it always has. My memory has been bad from the time I could remember things.

That is very interesting that you would go a week with no sleep just to play WoW. As has already been stated by many people, that is not physically possible. It is also not a reasonable excuse to stay up that long. I do not think I would go a week of solely playing anything with a complete lack of sleep. Most people function much better with sleep. Why go about and get slaughtered in an online game just to say you went a week. That really doesn’t sound worth anyone's time.

I wasn't playing the whole time. My mom used to not get off WoW until around 1 or 2 A.M. I played for abour 3 hours a night. I only played WoW because there's nothing to do there except video games and eating. My family doesn't exercise.
I stayed up because I wanted to. i don't likle sleeping. I feel it's a waste of time. I don't need it.

I am not at home right now.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-11-26 16:41:51

Has anyone seen this game before on NG? I swear that the song just rings a bell in my head that says I have played that game before. Can anyone confirm this inkling?

S&Box, the game Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-11-26 17:03:04

At 11/26/06 03:03 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: My laptop busted AGAIN DURING the Thanksgiving break (on Wednesday morning) and I have not found a way to fix it yet. The school library did not open until 2 hours ago because of the stupid policy of closing it during any holiday. As a result, I wasted the whole break without b/ping and fell behind in the rankings. >:( Now I have got tons of work to make up with if I want to bounce back in the rankings. School will be back tomorrow and I am sure that my professors will give out lots of "sneaky" tests after the break. Since I love my A's more than anything else besides myself, I do not expect to have too much spare time in the following week. But I will see how far I can advance on the rankings by capitalizing my spare time b/ping. Ok, time for me to go back to the portal and rock more points. The major reason why I am posting here is to let you all know that I am still ALIVE. :P

So that was why you stopped after a few days. Well I hope your labtop gets repaired soon because by looking at the list I see quite a few potential passers of you. oh and goo luck with Keeping your A average.

On a side note I am expecting to get my next badge this week I am also going to try and make the rest of you Eat my B/Ping dust. well everyone have a nice day.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-11-26 17:27:39

Xbox Live Gamertag: POTM

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-11-26 17:56:09

This is a screamer.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-11-26 18:03:29

At 11/26/06 05:27 PM, Hemlok wrote: STOLEN
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/351248

ORIGINAL
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/72327

I can't believe someone would be so stupid as to steal something that is seen by anyone who blows the whistle on a rule breaking flash. These theives are getting dumber by the minute if you ask me.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-11-26 18:15:32

I'm gonna get Private first class REAL soon. I have 900 saves right now which is pretty cool. I'm 44 away from first class. Then my voting power will finally grow drastically. Ha Ha Ha!

Charlie: I'm about to show you the white-hot cream of an 8th grade boy.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-11-26 21:46:46

At 11/26/06 05:03 PM, LittleWashu wrote

So that was why you stopped after a few days. Well I hope your labtop gets repaired soon because by looking at the list I see quite a few potential passers of you. oh and goo luck with Keeping your A average.
On a side note I am expecting to get my next badge this week I am also going to try and make the rest of you Eat my B/Ping dust. well everyone have a nice day.

I am doing good so far today, getting over 50 points already with over 20 UJ entries left in the portal. I expect to gain around 80 points for the day. As for those people who intend to pass me, I have noticed their evil purpose. As a matter of fact, I have been in a battle against Claudia for a few weeks now with me holding the edge. Her average is around 63 this week, I expect the average to drop since she also has a school to go to. I have to outgain her this week to have some breath room. >:( Going back to the portal for more points. :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-11-26 22:28:26

At 11/26/06 09:46 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: I expect to gain around 80 points for the day.

Nice, I didn't even vote on a single submission today since my dad had to do some work in the computer, and with school starting again tomorrow, arianna, you're probably going to pass me this week if not the other.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-11-26 23:13:20

At 11/26/06 06:15 PM, homer8722 wrote: I'm gonna get Private first class REAL soon. I have 900 saves right now which is pretty cool. I'm 44 away from first class. Then my voting power will finally grow drastically. Ha Ha Ha!

Congratulations homer, I am sure you must also be excited about nearing the end of the Private ranks as well? I know I sure was when the time came to dump them. I always felt that the private ranks were simple and lowly. Granted, they are elite ranks, but private just the same. At any rate, with only 44 points to go it should not take you very long. If the portal keeps up you may be able to see it tonight. Enjoy the new voting power and rank. Good luck.

|NGSM|NGM|EGB|NGPD|DA|Sig by - CagedSilhouette

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-11-26 23:16:08

At 11/26/06 09:46 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: At 11/26/06 05:03 PM, LittleWashu wrote
I am doing good so far today, getting over 50 points already with over 20 UJ entries left in the portal. I expect to gain around 80 points for the day. As for those people who intend to pass me, I have noticed their evil purpose. As a matter of fact, I have been in a battle against Claudia for a few weeks now with me holding the edge. Her average is around 63 this week, I expect the average to drop since she also has a school to go to. I have to outgain her this week to have some breath room. >:( Going back to the portal for more points. :)

She is already ahead of you as am I. I have already moved up 2 more places since the update and I am hoping I can move up 3 more before the next update. my highest place on the B/P list is were I am now 116. stopped there and after a while people passed me knocking me down the list. I need 149 more points to get to my new badge. as for the portal I seem to get mostly protect points these days since the crap get blammed out faster leaving the stuff more like to pass in the portal. I just hope you can get your next badge before the new year DoD.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-11-27 02:15:56

At 11/26/06 10:28 PM, ElMaster wrote:
At 11/26/06 09:46 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: I expect to gain around 80 points for the day.
Nice, I didn't even vote on a single submission today since my dad had to do some work in the computer, and with school starting again tomorrow, arianna, you're probably going to pass me this week if not the other.

Don't be so sure. My tastes in "good flash" apparently differs quite strongly from a good many other NG members and I just don't rack up the points like others do. Heck, I even lost a point in the b/p rankings the other day for the first time ever. My motto is slow and steady...I get there in the end. I'm actually disappointed that my protects are now ahead of my blam points for the first time ever. I seem to miss a good many blams. Oh well. It's what I get for watching reruns of Titanic three nights in a row! Plus, I have only three more days to finish a Harry Potter fanfic for a fan group (x-mas fic exchanges...why did I sign on for that?)

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-11-27 02:59:45

At 11/27/06 02:15 AM, arianna1 wrote:
At 11/26/06 10:28 PM, ElMaster wrote:
Don't be so sure. My tastes in "good flash" apparently differs quite strongly from a good many other NG members and I just don't rack up the points like others do. Heck, I even lost a point in the b/p rankings the other day for the first time ever. My motto is slow and steady...I get there in the end. I'm actually disappointed that my protects are now ahead of my blam points for the first time ever. I seem to miss a good many blams. Oh well. It's what I get for watching reruns of Titanic three nights in a row! Plus, I have only three more days to finish a Harry Potter fanfic for a fan group (x-mas fic exchanges...why did I sign on for that?)

Well that is what happens when they change the the system for blamming flash. most of crappy stuff get blammed off quickly so by the time you get into the portal only the good and borderline are mostly left. I noticed this because it seems like I am protecting far more then I blam and my points ratio is begining to show it.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-11-27 08:06:27

This is STOLEN.

The author says the movie "isn't exactly his" in the comments and it's obvious that its isn't.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-11-27 08:26:03

At 11/27/06 08:06 AM, pwroftheseagoat wrote: This is STOLEN.

The author says the movie "isn't exactly his" in the comments and it's obvious that its isn't.

Damn you. You beat me to it. Still good work, I can smell those whistle points oozing off that game. Mmm, ooze.
e-v

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-11-27 09:40:23

At 11/27/06 02:15 AM, arianna1 wrote:
I seem to miss a good many blams. Oh well. It's what I get for watching reruns of Titanic three nights in a row!

lol.. I guess there's only thing I can say about that... TNT, We Know Drama.

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-11-27 10:01:39

I passed Andersson! I passed Andersson! I passed Andersson! I passed Andersson!

Now 900 points before I move anywhere, but I passed Andersson!

:-D

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-11-27 12:29:29

At 11/26/06 11:16 PM, LittleWashu wrote: She is already ahead of you as am I. I have already moved up 2 more places since the update and I am hoping I can move up 3 more before the next update. my highest place on the B/P list is were I am now 116. stopped there and after a while people passed me knocking me down the list. I need 149 more points to get to my new badge. as for the portal I seem to get mostly protect points these days since the crap get blammed out faster leaving the stuff more like to pass in the portal. I just hope you can get your next badge before the new year DoD.

Oh, that's right. The last b/p 51+ ranking update was the day before yesterday, and she had the whole Saturday to work with since I did not get a single point until yesterday's burst. With a crazy Sunday, I am now only trail Haro-freak by 1 point (grrrrrrrr) and trail Claudia by 18. My plan is to pass both of them by the end of the day. Haro is not a problem considering his current speed. If Claudia gains over 50 today, it may take me more than 1 day to pass her because of my classes. I will see how much I can close the gap. 18 is not a big number, but we were almost as fast as each other until I busted my laptop. We will see how it goes. Back to the portal.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-11-27 13:16:02

I'm about to get Elite Gaurd Corporal in less than 10, maybe 20 points.
So cool!

Gamertag: BlackFlameNG Xbox 360 Club

Gamerscore: 25,275- last updated 23/February/09

Steam ID: BlackFlameNG

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-11-27 13:21:50

At 11/27/06 12:29 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: If Claudia gains over 50 today, it may take me more than 1 day to pass her because of my classes. I will see how much I can close the gap. 18 is not a big number, but we were almost as fast as each other until I busted my laptop. We will see how it goes. Back to the portal.

I see it is kind of like what we had last year i was ahead of you by a certain amount and we would gain the same about until I couldn't B/P due to problems and you got a big break with the portal being spammed with stuff. Well I wish you luck in passing her and catching up to me who knows the next time you pass me it may be permanent.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-11-27 15:50:00

At 11/27/06 01:21 PM, LittleWashu wrote: I see it is kind of like what we had last year i was ahead of you by a certain amount and we would gain the same about until I couldn't B/P due to problems and you got a big break with the portal being spammed with stuff. Well I wish you luck in passing her and catching up to me who knows the next time you pass me it may be permanent.

Just finished all my classes for the day...;) I pray that my laptop will not let me down again (I fixed it this morning before class time.) during the winter break so that I can have 100 points per day and finally pull away pesky Claudia. Until then, it will be a back and forth battle between us. If she does not lie in her profile, it should be around 10:40 P.M back in Romania (where she lives) and it should be almost her bed time now. The portal had better be active, I hate it when I am behind. :P

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-11-27 16:51:09

At 11/27/06 10:01 AM, Phantom wrote: I passed Andersson! I passed Andersson! I passed Andersson! I passed Andersson!

-D

Well done! Well done! Well done! Well done! Well done! Well done! Well done!

But seriously, congratulations!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-11-27 16:54:16

At 11/27/06 10:01 AM, Phantom wrote: I passed Andersson! I passed Andersson! I passed Andersson! I passed Andersson!

Someone's excitied.

Very nice my friend! I knew you would eventually pass Andersson but I didn't expect it so soon, good job!

-D

<(o__o)>

Xbox Live Gamertag: POTM

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-11-27 16:56:24

Congrats on that.... But I have to ask, are you sick? I believe that's the first time that you acknowledge an achievement with dare I say.... Joy?

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-11-27 17:54:36

At 11/27/06 04:51 PM, Dela wrote: But seriously, congratulations!

Thank you.

At 11/27/06 04:54 PM, Hemlok wrote: Someone's excitied.

No shit...

Very nice my friend! I knew you would eventually pass Andersson but I didn't expect it so soon, good job!

Next in sight, Bahamut who once said I'll never get the better of him, and then ADT, the only man to have ever "passed" me in B/P to this very day. Thanks for the congrats.

At 11/27/06 04:56 PM, pepeatumi wrote: Congrats on that.... But I have to ask, are you sick? I believe that's the first time that you acknowledge an achievement with dare I say.... Joy?

I haven't been this happy since EGSC, and because it's been ages since I passed some one whom I've had conversation with...Thanks for the congrats.

At 11/27/06 04:56 PM, OtakuAl wrote: Congrads', Phantom!
Now if only I could get my b/p points up......

And Thank you too.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-11-27 18:01:24

Congrats on that.

At 11/27/06 05:54 PM, Phantom wrote: Next in sight, Bahamut who once said I'll never get the better of him, and then ADT, the only man to have ever "passed" me in B/P to this very day. Thanks for the congrats.

As long as you don't plan on passing me anytime soon, good luck on that.

>_>

Filler text.

Because this space needs to be bigger than it already should be.

Jigen made this sig. madknt downsized it to fit the filesize limit. Go team.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-11-27 19:36:32

At 11/27/06 06:01 PM, Tantera wrote: Congrats on that.

Thanks.

Heh, #30, by product of my B/Ping would be to pass you, good luck in keeping up.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-11-27 20:02:55

Congrats to Phantom on passing Andersson. Judging by your reation it meant rather a lot to you :)

Plus congrats to Black-Flame as well for EG Corporal- one rung at a time!

Due to the slow portal today I decided to give my profile a bit of an overhaul, after all I haven't changed it once in the two years that I have been here. So now I'm equipped with a new profile pic (taken by yours truly looking over the Rocky Mountains just outside Denver). There is also a new profile message- no more plans of world domination (well, not that I am telling you about anyway), and most obviously a new signature. It happens to be the first sig that I have ever made, and I'm quite proud of it, even if it is just a cropped pic (all I have is paint so that is pretty much the limit to what I can do).

All I need now is a pretty new baseball bat- just over 1 week to go :D.

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-11-27 20:06:43

At 11/27/06 07:36 PM, Phantom wrote:
At 11/27/06 06:01 PM, Tantera wrote: Congrats on that.
Thanks.
Heh, #30, by product of my B/Ping would be to pass you, good luck in keeping up.

Well...going to love the competition if you want to be the man! :D Talking about competition, I am in the middle of my holy war against Claudia, Haro-freak and Now-n-Again. I entered the day trailing Haro by 1 and trailing Claudia by 18 points respectively. Now I have surpassed Haro and only trail Claudia by 12 points now. Considering that it is bed time in Europe, it is very likely that I will vault pass both of them by the end of the day and claim my first ever top 120 apparence. It seems that it is taking me forever to get there. In the summer, I was ranked at No.127, I cannot believe that I only moved up by 5 spots since then. But finally, I am on the verge of breaking through top 120. When the goal is accomplished, I am going to aim on top 110, then top 100, top 90...until I become the b/p king of portal. There is a Chinese matto saying that determination can move a moutain. I can clearly remember that when I was a level 6 n00b, I had a post somewhere saying that one day I would be amoong the best at b/ping. On the positive side, I now only get 121 people to pass before claiming myself king of b/ping. Damn, I am so in love with the competition! :D

BBS Signature