00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RandomGuyTV just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Video Game Review Crew

36,273 Views | 705 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-16 22:09:48

At 12/16/05 10:07 PM, lott1 wrote: Have any of u ever played a metal gear solid game before in your entire lifetime? Well if u have'nt then u are missing out on alot of stuff!!! It is a really cool action/adventure game and it is very awesome! Well i would give it a 5 of course because i love metal gear so much!!!

To tell you the truth only cause im a girl i dont get into killing games like metal gear solid!I hate killing games,but i love racing games, sports games and action games!But all those killing game i dont much care for!

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-16 22:12:57

Oh i love the newgrounds sims i think that game is da-bomb!I dont know why but its a very addicting game!

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-16 22:19:38

Do you like games like ncaa march madness 06,ncaa football06 both of those games i love they are soo addicting!I dont know why but i love all of the sports and racing games!

They are soo fun to me!

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-16 22:38:56

Yea it is pretty fun to shoot by yourself in those games but i also like going to training camps in basketball games!

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-16 22:44:11

Well ive always loved games like need for speed underground 2 and all sorts of racing games they have always addicted me!My brother has like 12 racing games that i play they are all fun!

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-16 22:51:41

No not really 1 thing lott while noone is here i need to inform you on something!

Dont think im treating you like crap im trying to help you,here is some info you need to know before yo post any more!Please use this information to your own good!

Before posting a topic, please ask yourself the following question:
"Am I making a post which is either funny, informative, or interesting on any level?"

If you can answer "yes" to this, then please post. If you cannot, then refrain from posting.

Before replying, please ask yourself the following questions:
"Does my reply offer any significant advice or help contribute to the conversation in any fashion?"
"Am I posting anything other than, 'Use the search bar'" - there are two assumptions that most people will make when you post something like that: 1. That YOU have used the search bar and have found something relevant (in which case, why didn't you post the relevant link?) and 2. YOUR presumption that the person posting comments hasn't already tried the search bar and NOT found what they're looking for.

If you can answer "yes" to these, then please reply. If you cannot, then refrain from replying. Your post or reply may be deleted and you might get banned.

Please use what i just posted to help your posts!And by the way this came from the FAQ so its an actuall rule so try not to break it!

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-16 23:01:24

Im just saying that post that you posted that said "do you like any other games" if you havent noticed that is a one liner and the mods will bann you for that cause it has no detail!The only reason im telling you this is cause i dont wanna see a beginner ng member get banned!

And trust me the mods dont care what level you are they will bann you so fast you wont even know what happened!

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-16 23:15:53

Id love to talk some flash with you!Flash is what this club needs id love to talk about flash with you lott!

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-16 23:43:17

I'm sorry to be such a party pooper and ruin all your guys fun but, your getting really off topic. lott your reviews need to be more in depth please look at the rules that I posted earlier, they show you the form your supposed to review in, Im sorry if I sound mean, but Im just trying to keep you on task, also Crimson I've noticed you havent posted any reviews in a long time, and your not really doing much to demonstrate that you are the leader of the VGRC. If you guys want to expand this crew to discuss and review other things such as flash games and movies, and also live action movies coming out then we can do that, but that would really contradict our crew's name. I wish I could say something to make this post sound a little more happy, but I cant really think of anything, once again Im sorry if I sound mean and Im sorry to ruin all the fun your having but I just really want to keep this crew on task.
Sorry,
-G.C.

I dropped out in the third grade, and spent all my time at the arcade.

BBS Signature

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-16 23:46:44

I agree with G-man.

From now forth, let's try to keep all conversation in emails and IM's.

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-17 00:00:32

Updates

Coming Soon!
-Burnout3: Takedown Review
-Prince of Persia: Warrior Within Review
-Peter Jackson's King Kon Preview (maybe)
-Members list (including number of reviews, and NG rank)

Requests
-Devil May Cry Review
-Devil May Cry 2 Review

News 12/16/05
G-MAN490 (thats me) has set up a freewebs website for the VGRC, please feel free to go there and post some reviews or requests, also check out the chat room.
VGRCL hasn't posted in days, has he left? what ever happened to the small feud between CrimsonRocker and VGRCL, and how are they connected?
Recent sidetracks have begun to annoy Woogie Noogie and G-MAN490, is the VGRC falling apart?

alright sorry, just trying to spark some controversy!
thanks,
-G.C.

BBS Signature

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-17 00:50:31

At 12/17/05 12:00 AM, G-MAN490 wrote: VGRCL hasn't posted in days, has he left? what ever happened to the small feud between CrimsonRocker and VGRCL, and how are they connected?

Haha...

Recent sidetracks have begun to annoy Woogie Noogie and G-MAN490, is the VGRC falling apart?

Haha...best news posts ever.

Anyway, I'm planning on reviewing some Command & Conquer games...maybe even all of them :0

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-17 11:01:27

NBA LIVE 06

This game really showed it competition to the 2k productions!2k had no idea how they was gonna match the new nba live games!The 2k crew worked and worked but failed to match the ea crew!

Therefore here comes my review!NBA LIVE 06 really took over all basket ball games cause of your be the coach mode!In this mode you coached your team trying to take them to the Nba championship,this mode was quite a hit!

Also ea shocked the world with there new freestyle controls,these controls enabled you to actually feel like you was in the game!You was able to call plays and almost reak much havoc to the other teams defence!

The NBA Live series has had its ups and downs over the years, and a few years ago, the series was more down than up... and I mean way, way down. But as the series started building back up and EA Sports started to add innovative features into the mix, from Freestyle shakes to the Pro Hop, the series continued to improve, but at the same time, never felt quite right. They were on the verge of something big, but never delivered the complete package that basketball fans have wanted. But with the addition of Freestyle Superstar moves, the highflying dunks of Vince Carter and the slick shooting of Peja from beyond the arc, the gameplay all comes together as not a work in progress, but the game we should've been playing all along.

Im personally giving this game a 9.0 because of its very realistic graphics!

As i see woogie noogie and g-man 490 no longer like me as leader of the crew!I havent a clue why they hate me as leader!

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-17 11:19:24

At 12/17/05 11:05 AM, lott1 wrote: YAY!!! Another basketball game! I CANT WAIT! I have nba live 2003 and it is so cool u can even play shaq!

I will review that game soon if you like,seems like g-man490 and woogie noogie no longer want me crew leader but ya know what im still the crew leader no matter what!Well did you like my nba live 06 review!

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-17 11:21:55

i,ll join.......

NOT!!!!!lol

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-17 13:05:41

At 12/17/05 11:19 AM, CrimsonRocker wrote: I will review that game soon if you like,seems like g-man490 and woogie noogie no longer want me crew leader

Um...where did you gather that from? We never stated that. We were just sick of the spam posts. Chatting could get this locked.

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-17 13:09:33

At 12/16/05 11:43 PM, G-MAN490 wrote: I'm sorry to be such a party pooper and ruin all your guys fun but, your getting really off topic. lott your reviews need to be more in depth please look at the rules that I posted earlier, they show you the form your supposed to review in, Im sorry if I sound mean, but Im just trying to keep you on task, also Crimson I've noticed you havent posted any reviews in a long time, and your not really doing much to demonstrate that you are the leader of the VGRC. If you guys want to expand this crew to discuss and review other things such as flash games and movies, and also live action movies coming out then we can do that, but that would really contradict our crew's name. I wish I could say something to make this post sound a little more happy, but I cant really think of anything, once again Im sorry if I sound mean and Im sorry to ruin all the fun your having but I just really want to keep this crew on task.
Sorry,
-G.C.

This post is pretty much telling me yall no longer want me as leader!This post sounds like g-man490 thinks i should leave the crew,and i particularly dont like that i would love to run this crew seeing that my cousin vgrcl and i started the crew!

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-17 13:51:18

Lott i need to tell you something this is called the ng bbs! BBS means bulletin board system!That means that your not gonna get an answer immediately its not like an instant messanger its like e-mail!

Plus people have lives so they are not always on ng so u need to chill and wait for someone to answer you!Im telling you this so you dont get banned for double posting!

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-17 13:54:36

At 12/17/05 01:09 PM, CrimsonRocker wrote: This post is pretty much telling me yall no longer want me as leader!This post sounds like g-man490 thinks i should leave the crew,and i particularly dont like that i would love to run this crew seeing that my cousin vgrcl and i started the crew!

No, you completely misread the post. He said he didn't like the spam posting, which you were contributing to. When he said "your not really doing much to demonstrate that you are the leader of the VGRC" he meant that you haven't posted an actual review for a very long time. As leader of the crew, you should be the strongest member. I did see that you posted that basketball review, though.

At 12/17/05 01:47 PM, lott1 wrote: Oh my god now no one will answer me here what the hell is going on!!!???

Um...I don't know what you're talking about. I wasn't online, so I couldn't say anything. Nobody's ignoring you.

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-17 13:57:22

Oh ok woogie noogie i might say be prepared im reviewing nba live 2003 tonight its gonna be very indept!Lott chill out a little like i said ^ there this isnt and instant messanger!Chill and wait for someone to answer you!

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-17 14:06:32

Ok just please dont yell at me :(

Im not yelling i just dont wanna see you get banned because you double posted or spammed or something like that,im trying to look out for you!

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-17 14:09:07

Command & Conquer
Westwood Studios
Real Time Strategy
PC

At the time this game is set, there are two military factions: the terrorist group "The Brotherhood of Nod" led by the infamous Kane, and the Global Defense Initiative (GDI). Other than that, this game doesn't offer too much main storyline. Storylines do come up with missions, so the missions aren't just pointless.

This game came out around the beginning of Windows 95, so you know it's pretty durn old. That being put aside, it's a quite fun game. The graphics are boss (for back then), and the concept of the game really did it for me.

PROS:
C'mon, it's C&C
Kane is flipping awesome
Defined the RTS genre for PC

CONS:
It's an older game
Gameplay is on the slow side
No major storyline to hold it together (fixed in later installments of the game)

3/5
Buy this if you get the chance, seeing as how it'll prolly be around 5 bucks, and it's a good classic.

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-17 14:36:02

At 12/17/05 02:14 PM, lott1 wrote: Dude u are a great video game reviewer! U are great dude that is some very descriptive details keep up the good reviews!

Thx :)

I'm planning on going through every C&C game, plus one expansion pack.
So, that would be...
Command & Conquer, Red Alert, Tiberian Sun, Red Alert 2, Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge, Generals

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-17 14:41:06

Hm...I can do Metal Gear Solid, the original for PS. That's the only one I've played.

I'll do it for ya in a little while, prolly.

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-17 14:43:27

NBA LIVE 2003

This game was very popular for its new *Revolutionary ea sports freestyle controls*This included sweet crossovers,triple threat moves,and post up moves!Wich all lead up to total player control!

This game also revolutionized the authentic classical uniforms!From the 1964 la lakers uniform to the 2003 new york nicks uniform!Also they added a new own the boards mode!

This mode was practrically where you did so many move to pump up the crowd,you finally dunk it and break the back board!

rating:7.5/10

graphics:8.2/10

This game was really fun i encourage everyone to either buy it or rent it you will be suprised!

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-17 15:01:56

That was a great review but im not a great reviewer for games what do u guys think!? Look back a page or 2 and u will see some games i reviewed but as i said i am not good! As well as i know it i suck!

Lott you dont suck you just need to take your time and make it sound right and be descriptive.If you do those things you will be able to review like me and woogie noogie!

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-17 21:39:19

okay just a few things:
I've seen that once again I've been missunderstood, that happens a lot, just remember I would never say something to deliberatley make someone feel bad, Im not trying to take anyones job, or get them "fired" Im just trying to help this crew. to avoid further confusion or anger just remember that Im a very kind and sensative person most of the time, and if you read something I say that sounds rude or mean just point it out and I'll apologize and explain it to you.

CrimsonRocker,
Im glad to see you've been making more in depth reviews, and I like them. if possible use our little organization thing in the rules, if its too hard to remember that then its fine. I also like your new sig, its very sexy, and reminds me of the anime convention I went to in San Francisco today with my friends.

Lott,
once again Im not trying to be mean, but if you want to ask a question try to keep it in one post, you want to say as much as possible in one post otherwise the mods will be like wtf is he posting so much, and they'll have their eye on you for a while, so just remember to be very cautious, maybe after being banned once or twice you'll learn the hard way, but Im just trying to help by teaching you the easy way
thanks,
-G.C.

BBS Signature

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-17 23:50:43

At 12/17/05 09:39 PM, G-MAN490 wrote:
CrimsonRocker,
Im glad to see you've been making more in depth reviews, and I like them. if possible use our little organization thing in the rules, if its too hard to remember that then its fine. I also like your new sig, its very sexy, and reminds me of the anime convention I went to in San Francisco today with my friends.

Thanks after i thought it over i saw that is was wrong for me to be leader of a club and not even review any games.Im sorry if i failed as leader but if there is any way to make it up 2 yall please tell me.

Thanks i like my new sig also,lol you think its sexy!Thats great well i guess i need to make up a review for later tonight.

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-18 00:10:01

At 12/17/05 11:50 PM, CrimsonRocker wrote: Thanks after i thought it over i saw that is was wrong for me to be leader of a club and not even review any games.Im sorry if i failed as leader but if there is any way to make it up 2 yall please tell me.

I think you've begun to mend your mistakes with your much better reviews, they're getting a lot better!

Thanks i like my new sig also,lol you think its sexy!Thats great well i guess i need to make up a review for later tonight.

very sexy! I saw a few cosplayers like that at the convention. it was really fun, we saw a band and had really good lunch. I cant wait for your next review! I think tomorrow Im going to review Prince of Persia 2.

BBS Signature

Response to Video Game Review Crew 2005-12-18 00:12:29

here i am crimson rocker can i join like you asked?