00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

bigrichardrick just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0

13,051 Views | 130 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-12-27 12:15:55

At 12/27/05 11:43 AM, se1zure wrote: Ever heard of the digital millenium Act of 1998? YOu don't need to do anyting to get your work copywritten on the net... if you made it, you have intellectual ownership of it, and are the only ane able to legally allow its reproduction, translaion, or alteration.

a little fact for ya..

welcome to being a few pages late on quoting copyright law.
thanks for playing. come again some other time...

BBS Signature

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-12-27 12:23:51

At 11/16/05 05:14 PM, authorblues wrote:
At 11/16/05 05:13 PM, Gizmokidneo wrote: What's the point?
He decompiles them anyway.
you can encrypt your flash to prevent decompilation.
in our modern age, everyone should be doing this anyways...

how would you do that? just wondering for future references

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-12-27 12:26:23

At 12/27/05 12:23 PM, wesdood wrote: how would you do that? just wondering for future references

unfortunately, the only useful software to do this costs money, which is ridiculous, but i think theres a program called SWF encrypt (fwe used it for his keyboard game that everyone plays, so no one will hack his database). it shouldnt be TOO expensive to buy, i wouldnt think.

BBS Signature

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2006-01-03 16:20:57

At 11/16/05 05:01 PM, authorblues wrote:
At 11/16/05 04:54 PM, craze3 wrote: Just stick the code on the first frame of your game or movie.
just as simple?

stop();
Stage.showMenu= false;
this_url = _root._url;
bad_urls = new Array("ebaum", "ebaumsworld");
for (var i = 0; i<bad_urls.length; i++) {
if (this_url.indexOf(bad_urls[i])!=-1) {
gotoAndStop("bad");
}
}

Even more simple.

var:badURL:Array = ["ebaum","ebaumsworld"];
for(var i = 0;i<badURL.length;i ++){
_root._url.indexOf(badURL[i]!=-1 ? gotoAndStop("bad"): gotoAndStop("good");
}

I think it works, and I don't think this thread would mind a small bump. :)

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2006-01-03 16:31:48

At 1/3/06 04:20 PM, BrotherToast wrote: var:badURL:Array = ["ebaum","ebaumsworld"];
_root._url.indexOf(badURL[i]!=-1 ? gotoAndStop("bad"): gotoAndStop("good");
}

no one loves you because you forgot to check your syntax, besides, that would only check the first url. if we are going to play that game, i can do you one better...

var:badURL:Array = ["ebaum","ebaumsworld"];
var badFound:Boolean = false;
badFound |= _root._url.indexOf(badURL[i])!=-1;
}
gotoAndPlay(badFound ? "bad": "good");

I think it works, and I don't think this thread would mind a small bump. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2006-01-04 05:34:56

lets use this

[IMG]http://i35.photobuck.._HaX0R/stolenof
f.png
[/IMG]

haha lol

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2006-01-04 06:17:44

At 11/16/05 06:18 PM, authorblues wrote: this software will mangle it into something like:

Lots of empty 'for' loops and some '[]+=431' and some '[]+=354'.

BBS Signature

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2006-01-09 06:50:56

OK sorry I'm a little late to the game; found this thread through relevant YTMNDs. I've programmed in a few programming languages but haven't done any actionscripting.

Someone brought this up but I don't think they understood the concept as well, as they mentioned "just blocking" decompilation which, well, heh. Sorry buddy but you really don't get what's going on here. :)

Anyway, the point I'm trying to bring up is Whitelist Security. The examples used are good and all, but it's kind of like putting a lock from a cereal box on your bike; everything is there and it works fine, but you have a weak lock you can easily break and have the rest of the movie work fine. Not to mention, what if Eric registered ericbaumanhasahugepenis.com and started hosting these "protected" files on there? Something like that would take him seconds to do, and cost him nothing.

So, yes, Whitelist Security. This is the idea that ONLY what you want is allowed, and everything else is locked out. Rather than saying "if (ebaumsworld, fuckingtheif, othergaywebsite) then goatse() else playmovie()", say "if (newgrounds, mysite, myfriendssite, anothersitethataskedforpermission) then playmovie() else goatse()"? You would, of course, have to combine this with something like the encryptor mentioned earlier otherwise it would be easily hackable.

However, that still seems a little weak, as changing the intitial function call to playmovie() isn't THAT terribly hard for anyone who knows how to dissassemble shit. Especially since Flash works on this "frame" business that seems easy as hell to circumvent. Complete security may never be possible if someone is determined, but it could be made more difficult I'd imagine. How powerful IS actionscript? Can it tell what size its own file is? Can it know the dimensions and checksum of an image, so that it makes sure that it knows that, say, your site's logo is there instead of one that says "ebaumsworld.com"? If these things can be checked, they can be randomly inserted at various points in the movie; bonus points if each check is unique in some way.

I'd imagine that, eventually, the ultimate solution to this problem will have to lay with Macromedia themselves, as .flas are an open standard and no matter what you do, someone with enough free time will fuck with them. And even sadder, if someone invented some good ways to secure flash files, they would have to get EVERYONE who makes interesting content to use them... and then it would be so widespread that someone would figure out a way around them and that ends all that. SOURCE: the milions of dollars those jerks in the RIAA spend to make CD Copy Protection that never works.

However, if there is a way to checksum the file in question, or the media objects in the file, hmm...

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2006-01-09 12:30:46

id like to apologize in advance for bumping this, but i felt i should comment

At 1/9/06 06:50 AM, ZeromusMog wrote: Someone brought this up but I don't think they understood the concept as well, as they mentioned "just blocking" decompilation which, well, heh. Sorry buddy but you really don't get what's going on here. :)

youve missed the entire point here. eric bauman wouldnt be interested in going thru all that code to fix the problem, and i would be suprised to hear that he is a compitent enough ASer to fix this. besides that, you missed the point of this entire thread.

Anyway, the point I'm trying to bring up is Whitelist Security. The examples used are good and all, but it's kind of like putting a lock from a cereal box on your bike; everything is there and it works fine, but you have a weak lock you can easily break and have the rest of the movie work fine.

page after page we have noted that these methods are not fully secure. we mentioned that the only sure way of fixing this is to provide a "whitelist" and to completely encrypt your file (there are programs on the market that are completely secure for encryption)

Not to mention, what if Eric registered ericbaumanhasahugepenis.com and started hosting these "protected" files on there? Something like that would take him seconds to do, and cost him nothing.

but then we would begin adding that domain to our list. by your logic, we would be blocking him in an endless cycle, where he gets a new domain, hosts one flash on it, we block that new domain, he registers a new domain, and the cycle repeats itself. even if he is capable of that, where is the logic in something as redundant as that?

However, that still seems a little weak, as changing the intitial function call to playmovie() isn't THAT terribly hard for anyone who knows how to dissassemble shit.

an encryptor would prevent readable decompilation, thus preventing "dessassembling and changing functions".

How powerful IS actionscript? Can it tell what size its own file is? Can it know the dimensions and checksum of an image, so that it makes sure that it knows that, say, your site's logo is there instead of one that says "ebaumsworld.com"? If these things can be checked, they can be randomly inserted at various points in the movie; bonus points if each check is unique in some way.

for any compitent programmer, it would take less than 10 lines of code to write a php file that checked the size of a file and returned a boolean deciding whether or not the filesize is correct.

I'd imagine that, eventually, the ultimate solution to this problem will have to lay with Macromedia themselves, as .flas are an open standard and no matter what you do, someone with enough free time will fuck with them.

thank you. place the fault where it belongs. bauman is a bad person, but he isnt to blame for this. macromedia made it far too simple. there is always a way to make things airtight (ie., swf encryption software), and macromedia should have that included in the package.

And even sadder, if someone invented some good ways to secure flash files, they would have to get EVERYONE who makes interesting content to use them... and then it would be so widespread that someone would figure out a way around them and that ends all that.

there are good ways to protect your material, and unless youve developed a game worth stealing (ie., most of tom fulps material), there is no reason to be paranoid. guest43241 who develops "mouse avoider" that gets a solid score but isnt the greatest ASer in the world need only attach this to their game. bauman might want to stick it on his site, but he wont be interested enough to decompile and search thru lines of code to make it playable.

SOURCE: the milions of dollars those jerks in the RIAA spend to make CD Copy Protection that never works.

bad example. that isnt the fault of those "RIAA jerks". the burden lies on the publishers who want to make their product safe. the RIAA is responsible for punishing those who circumvent standard proceedure, but the job of protecting it goes with the publisher.

BBS Signature

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2007-05-26 11:44:06

At 11/16/05 06:31 PM, tehNGpro wrote: Aww, come on. eBaum's World is a great site, you can't deny that. You're just jealous eBaum's is just so much better than Newgrounds...

please don't flame me im a n00b

DESTROY THE NONBELIEVER!!!

Also this belongs in flash.

Go, minitanks, conquer the world. MWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BBS Signature

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2007-05-26 11:55:39

We cant really win, they can just have them hosted on newgrounds and shown on ebaumsworld via newgrounds: example

the only thing ive found that has been able to escape other sites is The Yuyu.

nothing is safe from decompilement although decompilement boosts the size of the flash by quite a lot.

Why not send me a PM, or visit my User Page

BBS Signature