00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheAxebaneStag just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0

13,065 Views | 130 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-16 18:37:41

At 11/16/05 06:31 PM, Evildwarf wrote: Aww, come on. eBaum's World is a great site, you can't deny that. You're just jealous eBaum's is just so much better than Newgrounds...

not really, if it was a good site it wouldnt need to steal stuff from NewGrounds

please don't flame me im a n00b

you got lucky there

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-16 18:40:11

At 11/16/05 06:09 PM, mistasmijen wrote: Your code encryption for ebaums world will do nothing. Theres a program you can buy for a Mesely 70 dollars and it can transfer 98% of ALL SWF.s into FLA.s (protected or not)

I have to object. Your code is still highly unreadable so how would he know what is what?

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-16 18:43:01

At 11/16/05 06:37 PM, SaintShun wrote:
At 11/16/05 06:31 PM, Evildwarf wrote: Aww, come on. eBaum's World is a great site, you can't deny that. You're just jealous eBaum's is just so much better than Newgrounds...
not really, if it was a good site it wouldnt need to steal stuff from NewGrounds

you got lucky there

They don't steal anything, what do you mean by "stealing"? This is the Internet, how can you steal something that's not even real.

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-16 18:47:52

At 11/16/05 06:43 PM, Evildwarf wrote:

you got lucky there
They don't steal anything, what do you mean by "stealing"? This is the Internet, how can you steal something that's not even real.

Great, so I'll just steal your 4 submissions, and go claim that I made them. Because, you know, it isn't stealing. I'll put a big banner on the bottom saying, "made be Gizmokidneo," seeing as you're okay with that.

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-16 18:49:27

At 11/16/05 06:43 PM, Evildwarf wrote:

you got lucky there

Just because something is on the interenet does not mean that it is the property of everyone. I can't go to free-to-visit, federal owned land and put up ads for stuff.

eBaumsworld takes content from the internet and uploads it to his own server and does not even give proper credit to the creators of the intellectual property.

That is stealing.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-16 18:51:58

At 11/16/05 06:47 PM, Gizmokidneo wrote:
At 11/16/05 06:43 PM, Evildwarf wrote: They don't steal anything, what do you mean by "stealing"? This is the Internet, how can you steal something that's not even real.
Great, so I'll just steal your 4 submissions, and go claim that I made them. Because, you know, it isn't stealing. I'll put a big banner on the bottom saying, "made be Gizmokidneo," seeing as you're okay with that.

Hahaha, ha. The "Big banner" says it's hosted on eBaum's World, it doesn't say Eric Bauman made it. And if I cared enough about getting recognized I would put my name in the credits and I'd be happy my flash is being viewed by thousands of people instead of whining like a little bitch.

This post is hosted on ebaumsworld.com

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-16 18:53:57

The code posted by the topic starter is a minor adaptation of liljim's swf protection code, so I sincerely hope that he's not pretending that it's his own work.

More info: AS: SWF Copy Protection by JackSmack

Also possibly worth looking at it you're security-conscious: AS: Scoreboard Protection

- - Flash - Music - Images - -

BBS Signature

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-16 18:55:01

At 11/16/05 06:31 PM, Evildwarf wrote: Aww, come on. eBaum's World is a great site, you can't deny that.

yes, yes we can. ebaumsworld is a site that has stolen material from many authors, each one without credit, and stands to profit from the use of said material.

You're just jealous eBaum's is just so much better than Newgrounds...

portal where authors can hone their skills, or a website consisting almost entirely of stolen material. i cant even begin to argue with logic like that...

saying that at the end of a post will NEVER save you...

BBS Signature

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-16 19:10:38

At 11/16/05 06:51 PM, Evildwarf wrote: Hahaha, ha. The "Big banner" says it's hosted on eBaum's World

Only on the images. The movies simply state: ebaumsworld.com

it doesn't say Eric Bauman made it

True, but alot of people on the internet see it on ebaums world and assume he made it

And if I cared enough about getting recognized I would put my name in the credits and I'd be happy my flash is being viewed by thousands of people instead of whining like a little bitch.

I've already tried putting that out. It is true, you can put a link to your site or something in your flash. Decompilers don't work as well as they say they do.

This post is hosted on ebaumsworld.com

Old joke...

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-16 19:12:48

At 11/16/05 06:53 PM, Denvish wrote: The code posted by the topic starter is a minor adaptation of liljim's swf protection code, so I sincerely hope that he's not pretending that it's his own work.

More info: AS: SWF Copy Protection by JackSmack

Also possibly worth looking at it you're security-conscious: AS: Scoreboard Protection

Yes the code is liljim's code but its a very simple code that can be written from scratch and still look the same.
But yah..i would be ashamed if my work was on ebaumsworld.

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-16 19:15:34

:And if I cared enough about getting recognized I would put my name in the credits and I'd be happy my flash is being viewed by thousands of people instead of whining like a little bitch.

If you wrote an awesome book, which was going to sell millions of copies worldwide, and I copied your book word for word and on the front wrote "published by Begoner" and made all the money off that book, would that be stealing? Or would you be happy that your name was listed on the inside front cover and you were getting all that fame while I was making all that money?

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-16 19:16:02

At 11/16/05 07:10 PM, WoogieNoogie wrote: i'm gay

I gots more internet points than you do.

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-16 19:17:28

DudeNEVER do that on Negrounds... Just trying to help you out...

BBS Signature

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-16 20:10:56

At 11/16/05 07:16 PM, Evildwarf wrote:
At 11/16/05 07:10 PM, WoogieNoogie wrote: i'm gay
I gots more internet points than you do.

Okay, I'm going to say this once, loud and clear.

STFU

I defended parts of your post, and I get a random flame saying I'm gay and that you have more "internet points" than I do (whatever the crap those are).

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-16 20:15:46

At 11/16/05 08:10 PM, WoogieNoogie wrote:
Okay, I'm going to say this once, loud and clear.

STFU

I defended parts of your post, and I get a random flame saying I'm gay and that you have more "internet points" than I do (whatever the crap those are).

They are a new way to rank your e-popularity and get e-respect on the almighty internets. I invented them.

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-16 21:12:40

They are a new way to rank your e-popularity and get e-respect on the almighty internets. I invented them.

I wish everyone was as cool as you. (I'm serious.)

(No I'm not.)

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-16 21:18:34

At 11/16/05 05:11 PM, frog102 wrote: How does that eBaum guy steal those things onto his site anyway?

he steals bandwith by linking the url of the file, as far as I know.

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-16 21:37:13

hahaha, thats fucking funny. And yes you can deny it because it Eric \STEALS! work from the original artist.

p.s. If you support them you're an official douche.

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-16 21:42:05

At 11/16/05 07:12 PM, craze3 wrote: Yes the code is liljim's code but its a very simple code that can be written from scratch and still look the same.
But yah..i would be ashamed if my work was on ebaumsworld.

Ya now I would.

Back when I made Magnetism 1 i wasnt. I was happy for it to get on ANY popular site. (Heck i was even happy for it to get onto mofunzone *GASP*)

Now i'm smarter though.

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-16 22:41:11

kill yourself

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-16 22:52:42

At 11/16/05 09:42 PM, Glaiel_Gamer wrote:
Ya now I would.

Back when I made Magnetism 1 i wasnt. I was happy for it to get on ANY popular site. (Heck i was even happy for it to get onto mofunzone *GASP*)

Now i'm smarter though.

i know what you mean, when i started making flash my hopes where to be hosted on other sites appart from newgrounds and... now that i think of it, i wouldnt like to get something i made hosted without my permission on any other site

ZOMG

Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-16 22:55:33

Here's a more complete list of sites that I have found to steal and/or alter the code to games. Many of them I have found to change the code of games to send scores and the like to their servers, so this in an IN YOUR FACE thing:

"ebaum", "ebaumsworld", "rodim", "coolscifi", "dodirectory", "crazy-laberecke", "suprvibes", "simplyro", "40plusarcade", "adventurers-united", "uaenexus", "trackpads", "jl-planet", "rugbyrefs", "spamvault", "necrotania", "loafersparadise", "princejupiter", "johnstownchiefs", "nacros", "suprvibes", "footles", "f4g", "differentdawn", "brentfordalways", "wass-up", "movieloversparadise", "fruit-emu", "usuallygames", "1juegos", "julala", "topsites", "freegame365", "freegames365", "revier.co.uk", "bypassbrowser", "ianag", "gamesreloaded", "freegames365", "in4.pl", "webgames", "gameportalonline", "juegosagogo", "freeonlinegames", "funflashgames", "roffles", "onlinegames", "minijuegos", ".games.gr", "millionsofgames", "juegosagogo", "funflashgames", "technorati", "kbcafe", "gametopia", "70.85.116.68", "briankass", "ianag", "limk", "indi.ru"

It's definitely not complete. These are just the ones I have found to take my stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-16 23:11:03

Good job :)

You think you've seen the Internet? My previous Newgrounds banner was my Myspace page.

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-16 23:12:02

At 11/16/05 10:55 PM, Atomic_Sponge wrote: Here's a more complete list of sites that I have found to steal and/or alter the code to games.

thank you. here is my version of the code, including all of those sites. use this where you wish (no credit needed ^_^):

stop();
Stage.showMenu= false;
this_url = _root._url;
bad_urls = new Array("ebaum", "ebaumsworld", "rodim", "coolscifi", "dodirectory", "crazy-laberecke", "suprvibes", "simplyro", "40plusarcade", "adventurers-united", "uaenexus", "trackpads", "jl-planet", "rugbyrefs", "spamvault", "necrotania", "loafersparadise", "princejupiter", "johnstownchiefs", "nacros", "suprvibes", "footles", "f4g", "differentdawn", "brentfordalways", "wass-up", "movieloversparadise", "fruit-emu", "usuallygames", "1juegos", "julala", "topsites", "freegame365", "freegames365", "revier.co.uk", "bypassbrowser", "ianag", "gamesreloaded", "freegames365", "in4.pl", "webgames", "gameportalonline", "juegosagogo", "freeonlinegames", "funflashgames", "roffles", "onlinegames", "minijuegos", ".games.gr", "millionsofgames", "juegosagogo", "funflashgames", "technorati", "kbcafe", "gametopia", "70.85.116.68", "briankass", "ianag", "limk", "indi.ru");
for (var i = 0; i<bad_urls.length; i++) {
if (this_url.indexOf(bad_urls[i])!=-1) {
gotoAndStop("bad");
}
}

BBS Signature

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-16 23:34:42

At 11/16/05 10:55 PM, Atomic_Sponge wrote: Here's a more complete list of sites that I have found to steal and/or alter the code to games. Many of them I have found to change the code of games to send scores and the like to their servers, so this in an IN YOUR FACE thing:

:ect.
"bypassbrowser", "ianag", "gamesreloaded ", "freegames365", "in4.pl", "webgames",

ect.
It's definitely not complete. These are just the ones I have found to take my stuff.

i dont think so. gamesreloaded doesn't steal.

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-16 23:37:40

well im glad we're putting a stop to stealing everywhere and not just ebaumsworld.

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-16 23:38:03

At 11/16/05 11:34 PM, Sugggames wrote: i dont think so. gamesreloaded doesn't steal.

so then, if they dont plan on stealing your flash, what does it hurt to put them on the blocked list? i personally have always been of the opinion that you should use an "allowed list", that only allows them to be run locally, and on whatever sites you plan to submit to. then, if anyone steals it anywhere, theyre denied...

lolwut? DENIED!

BBS Signature

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-16 23:38:32

AHah this is a great idea,

Make sure you spread the thought to as many flash artists or game creators you can.

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-16 23:41:48

At 11/16/05 11:38 PM, Mp3_Lock wrote: Make sure you spread the thought to as many flash artists or game creators you can.

then put a link to here in your signature, and spread the word of this script. it should be built into flash, but thats an obscure need, so its understandable that it isnt...

everyone should put this in their sig. its worth sending people to...

BBS Signature

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-17 02:14:55

At 11/16/05 11:38 PM, authorblues wrote: so then, if they dont plan on stealing your flash, what does it hurt to put them on the blocked list? i personally have always been of the opinion that you should use an "allowed list", that only allows them to be run locally, and on whatever sites you plan to submit to. then, if anyone steals it anywhere, theyre denied...

lolwut? DENIED!

thats what i was thinking throughout reading this whole thread. why not just make a list of the sites u want it submitted on and just have them.