00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

JalenBrah just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0

13,064 Views | 130 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-17 05:29:32

That would put an end to ebaumsworld, nice!

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-17 05:33:11

At 11/17/05 05:29 AM, Mental-Myles wrote: That would put an end to ebaumsworld, nice!

it wouldnt put an end to it, its not like he only steal's flashes off newgrounds. and even then not every newgrounds artist comes to the bbs.

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-17 05:36:01

At 11/17/05 05:33 AM, Flashtopia-antipost wrote:
At 11/17/05 05:29 AM, Mental-Myles wrote: That would put an end to ebaumsworld, nice!
it wouldnt put an end to it, its not like he only steal's flashes off newgrounds. and even then not every newgrounds artist comes to the bbs.

Also, anyone with a swf>fla converter and reasonable AS knowledge can remove that protection pretty easily. It's trickier with games than movies (since such converters tend to fuck the coding up) , but certainly possible.

- - Flash - Music - Images - -

BBS Signature

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-17 06:32:14

Haha, nice one.

I think I'll have this code on my next game...

stop();
Stage.showMenu= false;
this_url = _root._url;
bad_urls = new Array("ebaum", "newgrounds");
for (var i = 0; i<bad_urls.length; i++) {
if (this_url.indexOf(bad_urls[i])!=-1) {
gotoAndStop("omg goatse");
}
}

BBS Signature

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-17 08:01:43

url checks are simple and can be removed through decompilation quickly

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-17 08:21:23

At 11/16/05 06:31 PM, Evildwarf wrote: Aww, come on. eBaum's World is a great site, you can't deny that. You're just jealous eBaum's is just so much better than Newgrounds...

please don't flame me im a n00b

Youre kidding. Right?

Besides from the fact that newgrounds is the best site on the web...well...

eBaum's world just steals work. And makes it his own (like if he could) While newgrounds doesnt Steal work. So yes. Shut up n00b.

And, about the scripts..

I think AB's one is better. And no, if you protect it against decompiling, and you block all the code then whats the point for someone else to decompile them?

And... is there a way to block decompilers in movies... i'd like to know that...

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-17 08:48:21

At 11/16/05 08:15 PM, Evildwarf wrote: n00b shit

Allow me to start with "STFU N00b", now you can't call me an internet minor, I've been here for a lot longer than you have and I happen to know most of these site admins due to my work at armorgames.

Obtaining a flash game or movie without permission is theft and nothing more, it is an ugly thing to do, and perhaps if your flash didn't suck so bad, you would understand how getting ripped after putting an honest effort into something is lame.

We aren't huge multimillion dollar companes, a lot of people around here barely make the month, stealing their flash games and movies steals bandwidth from their website, which lowers their AD revenue, and causes them to lose money so your beloved "Eric" could make an extra topping off the 6000$ he makes off ebaum's daily.

That "hosted on" image gets ripped by other sites off ebaums which causes the picture to be spread and eBaum's to enjoy the revenue instead of the artists' sites

also, a lot of times eBaums ask artists to place their logos on their movies and games and don't pay them anything and exploit thein naaiveness.

Stop being such a cunt and try to understand people's money is at stake, this is starving artists struggling to get paid for their hard work vs. mr.multi-million-co stealing their work and making money off their back.

ebaumsworld.com might have a lot of "cool content", but it's illegal, and worse, it's ugly, imagine me taking all your money and flying abroad to a 3rd world country, your stuff isn't worth enough to go after me, but I still stole all your money and cool stuff, chasing me and taking legal action just costs you more, now imagine this situation is now occuring with over a 100 artists and ebaum's

their money is being stolen and it's assholes like you that encourage it, ebaum's is by far not the worst site, there are sites that do a lot of uglier things like mofunzone, but it's still a really lame site filled with assholes.

now begone, you are not welcomed here anymore.

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-17 10:22:01

Well, you could use parts of _root._url via substr() and work with that in games (instance & variable names for example).

While everybody can remove or modefy a URL, it would be a pain in the rear to change things like that. Its not really more secure, just makes it harder for both the creator and the thief.

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-17 10:38:21

yah and you could really implement it into your code as if its weaved in...then no one can remove it without fixing the other parts of the code.

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-17 11:27:22

At 11/17/05 08:48 AM, Inglor wrote: very long rant

Wow.

BBS Signature

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-17 11:42:39

At 11/17/05 05:36 AM, Denvish wrote: Also, anyone with a swf>fla converter and reasonable AS knowledge can remove that protection pretty easily. It's trickier with games than movies (since such converters tend to fuck the coding up) , but certainly possible.

ill post this link again. its a good read. i havent tried it myself, but i have faith in kirupa's research, and this encrypter seems very reliable.

BBS Signature

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-17 11:46:54

theres one thing im wondering about: with decompilers: what would happen if i did something like this:

on each frame, instead of writing the code on the frame in the movie, i right it in an external AS file and include it? if someone decompiled this movie wouldnt they just end up with #include "bladibla"; ?

same going for custom classes

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-17 11:52:59

At 11/17/05 11:46 AM, dELta_Luca wrote: same going for custom classes

when you compile the fla, the swf doesnt "move with" the .as files... the compiler writes them IN to the swf. so whereever the #include commands are, the compiled swf either reads as the information in the .as, or the .as file is located somewhere in the hardcode...

BBS Signature

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-17 12:25:48

At 11/16/05 11:34 PM, Sugggames wrote: i dont think so. gamesreloaded doesn't steal.

Sorry about that. I actually meant to take that one out because they are legit. I must have put in in twice though because I took it out once. Sorry again.

BBS Signature

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-17 12:35:38

And on the subject of encrypting, does anyone know if SFW Encrypt can encrypt .as files or will is just do the actions in the frames/movie clips/etc?

BBS Signature

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-17 12:38:56

At 11/17/05 12:35 PM, Atomic_Sponge wrote: And on the subject of encrypting, does anyone know if SFW Encrypt can encrypt .as files or will is just do the actions in the frames/movie clips/etc?

when you compile with an .as file, the file gets written into the swf's hardcode, so the swf encrypter would mangle that as well. yes, it encrypts .as files as well...

BBS Signature

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-17 16:45:10

I have an idea for the Anti-Ebaum script:
Even if Dopeface tries to decompile it, on the first frame, you can just keep creating symbols and on and on and on. Then put them all in one. After that, the one that was put in lash can have the Anti-Ebaum script thingy in it , so if he looks for it, he might get bored of doing it and just leave it there.

:(

BBS Signature

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-17 16:47:36

Just placing "This flash is hosted on NEWGROUNDS.COM - omfgeBaumsucks" or something would be enough, but whatever.

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-17 16:52:00

At 11/17/05 08:48 AM, Inglor wrote: Totally owns the n00b

Inglor for Mod 2006!, anyone?

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-17 17:16:59

At 11/17/05 08:48 AM, Inglor wrote: i'm raged k

LOL. eBaum's wins. Go choke on a dick.

Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-17 17:21:00

At 11/17/05 04:45 PM, frog102 wrote: I have an idea for the Anti-Ebaum script:
Even if Dopeface tries to decompile it, on the first frame, you can just keep creating symbols and on and on and on. Then put them all in one. After that, the one that was put in lash can have the Anti-Ebaum script thingy in it , so if he looks for it, he might get bored of doing it and just leave it there.

Well, unfortunaly the script could be easily found with the search, even if its crypted a bit by splitting contens of the variables for example.

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-17 17:28:37

At 11/17/05 05:16 PM, Evildwarf wrote:

I would smack you over the head of i could. That and a nice hard kick in the nads.

I enjoy watching the videos on ebaums world, but the flash i just stick to newgrounds for. Cant stand watching things i know took a long time to make and were stole. And im sure him and his people have a decompiler, so putting "This is from Newgrounds" or something will not help.

BBS Signature

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-17 17:28:47

At 11/17/05 05:16 PM, Evildwarf wrote:

man people just dont get around here?

im workin on a flash animation right now and i wouldnt want people stealing my work after hours of tweeking to perfection....

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-17 17:30:31

At 11/17/05 05:16 PM, Evildwarf wrote: LOL. eBaum's wins. Go choke on a dick.

You. n00b. out. NOW.

Dude, so much posting for inglor, and all you have to say its a stupid comeback? Come on! Who cares about the goddamn pageviews, Newgrounds is WAY better than eBaum! Starting with the fact that NG doesnt steal...

I'm sure using this script in my new game.

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-17 17:32:52

At 11/17/05 05:28 PM, allaboutcontrol15 wrote:
At 11/17/05 05:16 PM, Evildwarf wrote: LOL. eBaum's wins. Go choke on a dick.
man people just dont get around here?

im workin on a flash animation right now and i wouldnt want people stealing my work after hours of tweeking to perfection....

Flash by allaboutcontrol15:
- none -

LOL gg failed.

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-17 17:42:40

i am in tthe PROCESS off making one.

chris

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-17 17:42:41

haha now this is a kickass script ;)

The names Food, WillPostForFood.

BBS Signature

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-17 17:47:12

could there not be some sort of way of taking in key parts of different bits of code, keeping it on your website, loading them in, then having a loaded php file from the flash which then loads from a database on your website for the link to the proper php file with the key parts of code which is then processed in flash for use, lol

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-17 17:49:59

At 11/17/05 05:47 PM, dELta_Luca wrote: could there not be some sort of way of taking in key parts of different bits of code, keeping it on your website, loading them in, then having a loaded php file from the flash which then loads from a database on your website for the link to the proper php file with the key parts of code which is then processed in flash for use, lol

php is a different story. php isnt internally compiled. the only problem is that ebaum could essentially call your php file remotely to get those "essential parts", or am i mistaken.

i mean, the location of that file will be on some server, not local to the swf. he would have just as much access to it as you...

BBS Signature

Response to Anti-Ebaum Script v1.0 2005-11-17 17:52:45

At 11/17/05 05:49 PM, authorblues wrote:
At 11/17/05 05:47 PM, dELta_Luca wrote: could there not be some sort of way of taking in key parts of different bits of code, keeping it on your website, loading them in, then having a loaded php file from the flash which then loads from a database on your website for the link to the proper php file with the key parts of code which is then processed in flash for use, lol
php is a different story. php isnt internally compiled. the only problem is that ebaum could essentially call your php file remotely to get those "essential parts", or am i mistaken.

i mean, the location of that file will be on some server, not local to the swf. he would have just as much access to it as you...

rephrase - i was confusing myself re-reading it:

flash calls php file - by decompiling he gains access to php file:
php file - > accesses database for proper php file
proper php file -> sends data to flash
flash -> parses