00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

5Harkbait178 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

3,758,291 Views | 87,880 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2013-10-08 18:49:05

Level 43 wusssssssssssssssssuuupppp

Yea, I farm Anal Penguins. Do something about it.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2013-10-08 20:51:07

Man... where do I even begin to talk about all the stuff that's happened over the last week? I'm gonna have to summarize it all:

• The best part should be at the top, I reckon. I saw the one who I'm interested in last weekend. Saw her both on Saturday and Sunday and the Sunday I was able to tell her that I liked her after having a fun day in Camden. Outcome of that: She says she needs time to think about it so for now it's just talking over online as normal. As long as I got to say to her that I liked her, I'm really happy for myself. If this fails, I'll do what I can to maintain the friendship.

• I saw Finntroll and Týr live in London last Saturday. Both great bands to see live and Finntroll are one of those bands that are better live than they are on their records. Can't go wrong with a band playing folky music whilst wearing troll ears.

• I attempted to get a Christmas job but work trial sadly didn't result me in getting one. Still, when they say I did well and got a bit of experience, I like to think that at least something good happened in the end. Even so, when all the good things are going on right now I feel I've been compensated in some way.

• The news of lost Doctor Who episodes found is most pleasing to me! This along with Pokemon X to play this weekend makes me one happy person!

That is all, I shall continue to enjoy my life.

At 9/28/13 02:52 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 9/27/13 01:16 PM, Murray wrote: Only one way to find out: The EXP updates. :P
Looking forward to the next update. ;)

As I am but somehow I keep forgetting that the next update is due this weekend. Maybe I'm just getting out of shape from the whole thing.

Well, what they do in their spare time is up to them, I guess but for me, I just wouldn't have that willpower to go that far. Not when I've got so much to do in the outside world.
Exactly. I mean, Pimp isn't exactly active. But he only votes on 5 UJ submissions each day. This is something that can be done in 5 minutes (depending on the length of the flash). But getting a high B/P pace each and every week is something that takes up a whole lot of your time.

This has been my argument for a long time. Depositing hardly takes any time whereas spending all day in the portal does. There's so many better things to do than to grab points from there.

But oh well, maybe he just likes watching flash animations. ;)

Hopefully. :P

Yeah, I feel like after level 60 there doesn't seem much else point in continuing but I would like to see how far I can go with the EXP ranks. I've already got myself in the top 100 and I would like to see that I can get even higher up.
I wonder if I can ever reach the top 100. Would be funny to see over 100 level 60 users.

It'll happen eventually. I think around mid 2015 you will see that happening. I've projected to see where I could be in the top 90 but from the looks of things that may not happen until I've reached level 60. Shame there's quite a way to go just to reach eight more ranks in order to acquire the next big milestone for EXP but that's how it goes. I can always hope some will randomly drop dead but it's best to prepare for the worst.

I'm probably second. I would be first but I had some name changes so that's put me behind on log counts but I shouldn't have to worry about that.
Yes, the name Bahamut comes up as second in the list, Auz is first and skatin-andy is third.

Sounds about right. If I had all three log names merged I may be #1 but I rarely need to use NG Log anymore.

So, who's to say that other governments aren't eavesdropping as well?
Also, monitoring is something that doesn't require humans sitting in front of the screen 24/7, but something that can be an automated process.

Whatever they do to track shit, I wouldn't worry a thing considering it's not like I'll discuss about illegal shit on it.

But as I've said, the real reason I don't use Skype is that I don't want to have TWO IM-clients running at the same time. One is enough. Plus, there are more than enough ways to contact me outside Newgrounds. ;)

Watch as less and less people use AIM or something and more will adapt to Skype. :P

At 9/30/13 02:38 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 9/29/13 10:05 AM, Auz wrote: I got the golden pirate pistol! Sweet!
So, I leveled up before you? Interesting. I remember when you would level up and then it took me a few deposits to level up as well.

I still have over 50 days until I reach my next level up.

At 10/3/13 08:02 PM, Dev wrote: Congratulations to

Murray: 33,000 exp.

Always appreciated. :)

At 9/27/13 01:16 PM, Murray wrote:
That's a good place to stop for sure. Hopefully you don't get any additional blams coming in. That happened to me but at least I was able to get the extra blams cut off.
I thought about trying to have the save removed, but voting on uj's when I deposit seemed like a better idea. I'm still going to be fairly active around here anyway, so why not.

So you're gonna continue then. Ah well, that's always a fair reason to gain a few points from the portal.

I may have never used the NG store but the fact that it's going as well as the office are strong signs of the decline of the site. Although now they'll be spending less, it is still going backwards bur I suppose not much can be done at this point.
Seems like a lot of you long-time NG'ers never bought anything there. Strange. And yeah, I kinda thought it strange for them to be scrapping something that makes money... Hell, I'd just do nothing but package and ship stuff for Tom if he gave me a closet to sleep in. :P

I'm going to guess the popularity of the store has died down so it's not worked out as much as it used to in the past.

Yeah, I had my fun for one night, although I wasn't meaning to do any of it but it happened. I really didn't do much for it to happen. I was just enjoying my night as usual and she was just buying me some drinks and at some point she got ahold of my arm and it wasn't long until we started making out. Thankfully this is over and done with and now I can return to my real intentions.
Huh, seems like she was playing the dude there. Next time tell her no means NO! :P

This is supposedly a habit of hers. Thankfully I know now so if she dares to play around like that again, I'm not gonna take that shit. I will say no and besides, I've already said to someone that I like them so she lost her chance to be with me.

You can always do that or at least see if Facebook or Twitter becomes your thing somewhere down the road. :P
Social media makes me ill, so probably not going to happen. :P

Maybe there's a cure or some shit for that? :P

And I like my 77,777 retirement still. That still looks good to me! It would be cool to stop at 77,770 EXP but that's a long way off. :P
Seems like I should know this, as I know it's been special to you for a long time, but why the number 7? I'm going to guess Final Fantasy...? (I never played any of those games.)

Yep. Final Fantasy VII and its obsession with the number 7. Have Barret on exactly 7777 HP and he will constantly fire away for a small period of time with each hit taking 7777 HP off the enemy. Any attacks he makes will also take off 7777 HP.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2013-10-09 02:30:29

At 10/8/13 08:51 PM, Murray wrote: That is all, I shall continue to enjoy my life.

Nice.
I don't have anything interesting to report here. Too bad. :(

At 9/27/13 01:16 PM, Murray wrote: Only one way to find out: The EXP updates. :P
Looking forward to the next update. ;)
As I am but somehow I keep forgetting that the next update is due this weekend. Maybe I'm just getting out of shape from the whole thing.

Yeah, what's up with all this RL shit? You need to focus on what's REALLY important, man! ;)

Exactly. I mean, Pimp isn't exactly active. But he only votes on 5 UJ submissions each day. This is something that can be done in 5 minutes (depending on the length of the flash). But getting a high B/P pace each and every week is something that takes up a whole lot of your time.
This has been my argument for a long time. Depositing hardly takes any time whereas spending all day in the portal does. There's so many better things to do than to grab points from there.

That being said, I think I made some good progress in getting blam points. 10 Blams in 4 days. Not that bad if you take into account that I got 6 saves in the same time.

I wonder if I can ever reach the top 100. Would be funny to see over 100 level 60 users.
It'll happen eventually.

Unless they revamp the Exp system again. It may become necessary if there are too many level 60 users.

Sounds about right. If I had all three log names merged I may be #1 but I rarely need to use NG Log anymore.

I don't use it daily anymore, but it's an easy way to keep track of my stats.

So, who's to say that other governments aren't eavesdropping as well?
Also, monitoring is something that doesn't require humans sitting in front of the screen 24/7, but something that can be an automated process.
Whatever they do to track shit, I wouldn't worry a thing considering it's not like I'll discuss about illegal shit on it.

It's not about "discussing illegal stuff" and getting caught. It's about fucking privacy, man.

But as I've said, the real reason I don't use Skype is that I don't want to have TWO IM-clients running at the same time. One is enough. Plus, there are more than enough ways to contact me outside Newgrounds. ;)
Watch as less and less people use AIM or something and more will adapt to Skype. :P

I only had some newgrounds users on AIM anyway.
Also, Skype still sucks. ;)

At 10/3/13 08:02 PM, Dev wrote: Seems like I should know this, as I know it's been special to you for a long time, but why the number 7? I'm going to guess Final Fantasy...? (I never played any of those games.)
Yep. Final Fantasy VII and its obsession with the number 7. Have Barret on exactly 7777 HP and he will constantly fire away for a small period of time with each hit taking 7777 HP off the enemy. Any attacks he makes will also take off 7777 HP.

This works for every character, not only Barret. ;)
But nothing beats dating Barret in the Golden Saucer. :D

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2013-10-09 16:14:30

Congratulations to

SmashLuigiFan1: 6,000 exp.
Martin: level 38
DiMono:
Pokemonpoeguygcn: 88,888 b/p
Nijsse: 430,000 medal points
Jolly: 51,000 b/p
GUTHRIE: 31,000 exp.
sushi13: top 100 b/p'er -you'll be catching me pretty soon. :(
Denton: 50,000 medal points
Faggard: 19,000 exp.
AnalPenguinFarming: level 43

At 10/5/13 07:10 AM, Pokemonpoeguygcn wrote: 88888 B/P Points and still not stopping

You've come this far; you mind as well shoot for 100k, at least. ;)

At 10/8/13 08:51 PM, Murray wrote:
• The best part should be at the top, I reckon. I saw the one who I'm interested in last weekend. Saw her both on Saturday and Sunday and the Sunday I was able to tell her that I liked her after having a fun day in Camden. Outcome of that: She says she needs time to think about it so for now it's just talking over online as normal. As long as I got to say to her that I liked her, I'm really happy for myself. If this fails, I'll do what I can to maintain the friendship.

Damn, you've been busy lately, man. ;) Hopefully something comes out of telling her how you feel. Good luck!

• I saw Finntroll and Týr live in London last Saturday. Both great bands to see live and Finntroll are one of those bands that are better live than they are on their records. Can't go wrong with a band playing folky music whilst wearing troll ears.

Troll ears? Sounds pretty epic.

So you're gonna continue then. Ah well, that's always a fair reason to gain a few points from the portal.

You almost sound disappointed. :P Though my goal was to retire at 50k, the main reason behind that was that I had been spending too much time in the Portal. At least this way I can still have some kind of a presence on the b/p list without having it take up too much time.

I'm going to guess the popularity of the store has died down so it's not worked out as much as it used to in the past.

I'm sure it has, yet if you look at the recent purchasers you'll see that they've made several sales in the first 9 days of this month. I know there's not as much help as there once was, but looking at it from a business perspective it just doesn't make sense, especially with NG's financial state not what it once was. :(

This is supposedly a habit of hers. Thankfully I know now so if she dares to play around like that again, I'm not gonna take that shit. I will say no and besides, I've already said to someone that I like them so she lost her chance to be with me.

Ya snooze ya lose, dammit!

It would involve a lobotomy, so probably not a good idea. :P

That is interesting. Now is that just a coincidence that Final Fantasy 7 is considered to be the best of the series, or did every other game has similar number obsessions?

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2013-10-09 18:30:22

Just noticed an error in my last list.

DiMono: 35,000 saves.

Sorry. :P

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2013-10-10 21:25:47

You passed 89,000 B/P! Congrats!

At 10/9/13 04:14 PM, Dev wrote:
At 10/5/13 07:10 AM, Pokemonpoeguygcn wrote: 88888 B/P Points and still not stopping
You've come this far; you mind as well shoot for 100k, at least. ;)

Hell yeah I will! Or die trying! >:3

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2013-10-12 23:55:43

Commander. Gonna be hard to rank up now.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2013-10-13 02:01:48

45,000 Saves.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2013-10-17 00:24:25

2 stat ups today:

First, Level 25 gained. Second, gained 230,000 Medal points.

Also, this week I received my 1,337 blam.

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

"You're a bit of a ghoul - aren't you?"---ZeroAsALimit.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2013-10-17 21:53:41

Apparently im level 60 now... where did that come from? Woah, its been a long time....

Every once in very great while comes a ridiculously funny thread. So funny in fact i must put it into my sig http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1049194/1

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2013-10-18 04:39:46

Now I've entered the top 500 for EXP!

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2013-10-18 19:32:32

10.00 Base VP 16.00 Full

Don't make me smite you ^_^

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2013-10-20 09:21:21

Got myself to #97 in EXP if that means anything. I am seeing about getting to #95 soon but some depositers are very dependable on their habits.

In other news, I'm still awaiting a response from that girl and while it's been two weeks now, I think more time can be given considering the circumstances. I'm aware a long distance relationship is probably massive to take for someone who's not had a love partner before but my mind is really set on her than anyone else. That said, contact is still ongoing and although some days have been quiet, life just occupies us with other things. I'm all good for the time being, though.

At 10/9/13 02:30 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 10/8/13 08:51 PM, Murray wrote: That is all, I shall continue to enjoy my life.
Nice.
I don't have anything interesting to report here. Too bad. :(

Slow times, right? After that week I had, things are slowing down a bit but I've got some bits and bobs to look forward to from now until the end of the year. Can't quite plan what to do for 2014, though since it really all depends what's going on.

Yeah, what's up with all this RL shit? You need to focus on what's REALLY important, man! ;)

Remember when I wouldn't want to be outside? Oh boy, those were bad times.

That being said, I think I made some good progress in getting blam points. 10 Blams in 4 days. Not that bad if you take into account that I got 6 saves in the same time.

Yeah, I suppose you can't go wrong with that.

It'll happen eventually.
Unless they revamp the Exp system again. It may become necessary if there are too many level 60 users.

Well, we have over 200 Supreme Commanders but that hasn't resulted in new ranks or anything. I think the 60 levels will stay as they are, although at this point I wouldn't mind another 10 levels to add on top of what we have already.

I don't use it daily anymore, but it's an easy way to keep track of my stats.

Last time I needed NG Log was to check on level projections but I have that all saved on a text file. Same goes for all my EXP milestones going up to 40k. The days I see on my text file are when I expect to get them providing I don't miss any deposits. I'd like to be perfect from now until when I reach level 60 on 4/20/2015.

It's not about "discussing illegal stuff" and getting caught. It's about fucking privacy, man.

Some things just aren't really worth worrying about.

I only had some newgrounds users on AIM anyway.
Also, Skype still sucks. ;)

There isn't much else to use nowadays.

This works for every character, not only Barret. ;)
But nothing beats dating Barret in the Golden Saucer. :D

Ah but nothing beats when Barret has lucky 7 berserk and uses Ungarmax.

At 10/9/13 04:14 PM, Dev wrote:
At 10/8/13 08:51 PM, Murray wrote:
Damn, you've been busy lately, man. ;) Hopefully something comes out of telling her how you feel. Good luck!

I do hope she'll say yes but at the same time I have to understand her when she's not up for taking on the relationship. Still, I'd rather be with her than anyone else.

Troll ears? Sounds pretty epic.

It sure is!

You almost sound disappointed. :P Though my goal was to retire at 50k, the main reason behind that was that I had been spending too much time in the Portal. At least this way I can still have some kind of a presence on the b/p list without having it take up too much time.

Yeah, I suppose there's always doing that with very little fuss. I never mind it when people grab the odd few points from the portal whilst depositing. It's hitting two birds with one stone, really.

Ya snooze ya lose, dammit!

And you know what, I've yet to see her since. We will eventually bump into each other again so hopefully by then she's over that little moment and we can all move on from it. I'm guessing she'll be around at the Halloween event. That said, I kinda wonder if I'll ever bump into my ex again. Last time I even had to be a few metres near her was back in June. There's really nothing she can do to me now since I'll (hopefully) soon be spending my time with someone else and she finally got the one friend to love her and that's a lot coming from Mrs "I can't handle a relationship."

It would involve a lobotomy, so probably not a good idea. :P

Well shit!

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2013-10-20 21:34:07

You passed 72,000 Saves. Way to go!

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2013-10-21 09:40:09

Up to #77 most experienced

Now to keep the pressure up ona few uers just ahead of me and see if I can squirm into the top 75. The top 50 is getting closer!

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2013-10-22 00:03:02

Level 60

It only took 11 years

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2013-10-22 17:00:13

At 10/22/13 12:03 AM, ViceFullbuster wrote: Level 60

It only took 11 years

Congrats on being the 39th user to reach the highest level attainable!

Awesome feat.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2013-10-22 18:34:36

Congratulations to

Toocool100: level 60
ViceFullbuster: level 60, 10.00 base vp, 16.00 total vp

Pokemonpoeguygcn: 89,000 b/p
Martin: 61,000 saves
sumidiotdude: Commander
Jolly: 45,000 saves
VJF: level 25, 230,000 medal points, 1337 blams
sushi13: top 500 in exp.
Bryan: level 23
SmashLuigiFan1: Brigadier General, 30,000 total stats
Murray: ranked #97 in exp.
Pokemonpoeguygcn: 72,000 saves
Coop: ranked #77 in exp.

At 10/10/13 09:25 PM, Pokemonpoeguygcn wrote:
Hell yeah I will! Or die trying! >:3

That's the spirit! :P

At 10/20/13 09:21 AM, Murray wrote:
I do hope she'll say yes but at the same time I have to understand her when she's not up for taking on the relationship. Still, I'd rather be with her than anyone else.

All you can do is roll with the punches. And whatever happens, just be grateful for the experience! :P

Yeah, I suppose there's always doing that with very little fuss. I never mind it when people grab the odd few points from the portal whilst depositing. It's hitting two birds with one stone, really.

Exactly. I don't like being totally inactive in the BP list while I'm still active around here. To be honest, I was kind of glad in a way when I saw that extra save pop up. And hey, I've even gained 2 more ranks since hitting 50,000. ;)

And you know what, I've yet to see her since. We will eventually bump into each other again so hopefully by then she's over that little moment and we can all move on from it. I'm guessing she'll be around at the Halloween event. That said, I kinda wonder if I'll ever bump into my ex again. Last time I even had to be a few metres near her was back in June. There's really nothing she can do to me now since I'll (hopefully) soon be spending my time with someone else and she finally got the one friend to love her and that's a lot coming from Mrs "I can't handle a relationship."

It's probably best to leave the past in the past, anyway. I was googling some of my old high school friends last night -it's so depressing... :P

Well shit!

Yeah, I'm one of those people that thought life was better before social media. I'm just glad that I graduated high school before facebook, twitter and the smart phone existed. (There was myspace, though, but that was pretty tame compared to how things are now...)

At 10/22/13 05:00 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
Congrats on being the 39th user to reach the highest level attainable!

Crazy there are that many now, damn...

Awesome feat.

Indeed, but you forgot to congratulate Toocool! :P

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2013-10-23 02:37:45

At 10/17/13 09:53 PM, Toocool100 wrote: Apparently im level 60 now... where did that come from? Woah, its been a long time....

Congrats on being the 38th user to every reach this grand level finale!

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2013-10-24 07:25:43

Passed 9000 posts.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2013-10-24 11:04:26

150k medal points.

It only took 11 years
At 10/17/13 09:53 PM, Toocool100 wrote:
Apparently im level 60 now... where did that come from? Woah, its been a long time....

Congrats guys :)

signature:show();

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2013-10-25 06:57:48

I just hit 12,000 blams. It's gonna be a LONG time before my next blam milestone seeing as most of the crap seems to either get deleted by mods before voting finishes or makes it through on a score of around 2/5 stars.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2013-10-25 10:58:47

12,000 reviews
19,000 posts

At 10/24/13 07:25 AM, LiquidFire wrote: Passed 9000 posts.

Congrats!

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2013-10-25 18:22:22

Lamenting the fact that my level 49 Halloween icon sucks I suddenly level up. Hooray for Level 50 and hooray for a better Halloween icon.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2013-10-25 19:46:46

It only took 11 years

Awesome. Many congratulations on that one!

At 10/25/13 06:22 PM, Gagsy wrote: Lamenting the fact that my level 49 Halloween icon sucks I suddenly level up. Hooray for Level 50 and hooray for a better Halloween icon.

Well done, Level 50 is a particularly nice milestone, though a cauldron of goop isn't much of an improvement, surely?

I've got a few more days left yet, so Hallowe'en should be done and dusted, before I trade in the golden Cthulhu

Thanks also to Dev.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2013-10-25 20:19:59

Anyone remember me? Haha.

Thought I'd just show my face and see how many people stuck around. A surprising amount to be honest!
The site has changed so much since my last visit. It's fun just to look at my old posts and see how much of an idiot I was when I was 13.

Anyway, was very nostalgic to come back this thread.
Bye bye!

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2013-10-25 20:40:10

At 10/25/13 07:46 PM, Coop wrote:
Well done, Level 50 is a particularly nice milestone, though a cauldron of goop isn't much of an improvement, surely?

It's an improvement on a level which has no special Halloween design! And careful. With this cauldron of *ahem* goop as you so tactfully put it, I can wield the power of, well, not the cosmos but certainly the power of eye of newt!

I didn't even think that level 50 is a milestone, it is though you're right. Scary.

I've got a few more days left yet, so Hallowe'en should be done and dusted, before I trade in the golden Cthulhu

Just in time to finally receive your proper ban hammer!

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2013-10-26 06:19:24

At 10/25/13 08:19 PM, NintendoMadness wrote: Anyone remember me? Haha.

How could we ever forget the times when you and gfox used to be active here. One post wasn't enough to fit in all the conversations we had, haha.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2013-10-26 15:01:30

10/26/13 02:54 PM

Level 54

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2013-10-27 18:32:51

At 10/25/13 08:40 PM, Gagsy wrote: It's an improvement on a level which has no special Halloween design! And careful. With this cauldron of *ahem* goop as you so tactfully put it, I can wield the power of, well, not the cosmos but certainly the power of eye of newt!

Careful, eye of newt can actually send your spunk green. Whether that's gone off or not, I really don't want to know.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature