00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Amandaerkul78 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

3,768,390 Views | 87,924 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-03-05 07:36:55

Going to watch The King's Speech later today. I guess it'll be good since it won an Oscar and all.

At 3/4/11 03:52 AM, Coop wrote: It's like your mug of coffee. I'm more concerned with the French and their custom of a bowl of hot chocolate for breakfast. A mug of hot chocolate is great last thing at night, before bed, but not as an aide to waking up.

You don't like hot chocolate for breakfast? Most times in the winter months I drink it to warm up in the mornings. There is so much bitter coffee one can drink.

At 3/4/11 10:55 AM, Haggard wrote: Since I get married on Friday I don't know if I will be able to deposit on that day. The week after said Friday I will be away, so I need someone who can deposit for me during that week.

This Friday? I thought it was going to be some time in the summer or was that Fro? Well good luck and congrats!

At 3/4/11 04:50 PM, Auz wrote: Luckily it won't turn bad quickly.

Try apple pies, they taste really good with oatmeal in my experience :)

I'll try it. Pies aren't really my specialty though.

We mostly use salt here to sprinkle on our fries. Sometimes paprika powder as well, but not something you'd normally put on fish.

I think that's the main ingredient in Old Bay, spicy paprika as well as some other flavors like powdered mustard, pepper.

I don't know. Generally I'm not much of a molten cheese fanatic. It's great on pizza, pastas and toasties, but on other stuff I prefer not to have cheese on it. Not even on a burger.

Not even on a burger? You must really hate cheese or just haven't found the right variety that you might like. Pepper jack cheese on a burger is pretty good.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-03-05 12:44:36

Level up! Only two more levels until I get to the cool ones.

Proud supporter of Asian prostitutes in need.

PSN ID:Peegler

Steam ID:Donut

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-03-05 12:47:33

73,000 Medal Points!

$$$ | Strawberry Dodge | Abusive Reviews! | Sig by TheDingo

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-03-05 13:21:04

Got myself Pokemon White today. I originally wasn't going to get it so soon but considering it was £25 at Gamestation and it would have been £30 everywhere else, I thought I'd take up the good price while I had the chance. Once I've finished my current playthrough of Ocarina of Time, I'll be right on it.

Listening to:

Stratovarius - Twilight Time

Thanks to:

Odyssic
Coop
EggoBleeder

At 3/4/11 05:15 AM, Odyssic wrote: Today marks: 5 Years on NG

Happy 5 years man! :)

At 3/4/11 10:55 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 3/3/11 04:24 AM, Bahamut wrote: Nah, he only got one guest to his party. :P Still a good episode, though and the games he reviewed were ideal for the 100th episode.
The ending was a very nice Godzilla reference.

It felt like a deja vu, though. I found it to be rather similar to the Super Mario Bros 3 ending, especially when all the consoles were possessed. Still, it was an enjoyable episode but shouldn't have been overhyped.

What about Headbangers Open Air? Slough Feg are meant to be appearing at that venue.
Never heard of it.

Not heard of that festival? Strange.

And you take the unfair turns so I win by being fair.
Why are you fair if you do the same as me and yet you call me "unfair"? :P

I was merely pointing out your contradictions.

At 3/4/11 04:50 PM, Auz wrote:
At 3/3/11 04:24 AM, Bahamut wrote: Oh that might explain something. I always had one Ribbon at that point.
Yeah, Ribbons prevent all status effects from happening.

I think Malboro had Bio as well as an attack. Pretty powerful magic, but mostly useful for its poisoning effect (which won't happen if you got a ribbon).

There was an accessory that prevented you from being poisoned. Although poison shouldn't be a huge concern, it helps to not constantly drop health. Something to prevent confusion would be far more helpful.

That I can agree with. Well, the film at least. I've yet to play Crisis Core and I'm not sure if I will.
Crisis Core might be pretty good, but I can't imagine the plot will be that great.

Yeah, making prequels can be tricky. Final Fantasy VII has a huge storyline and squeezing in a prequel can make the rest of the game look awkward considering what wouldn't have been mentioned.

Ah yes. Just make sure you don't take the step to face Sephiroth when you haven't saved for a while and it should all be good.
You mean that room with those floating staircases and pillars in which you also face Jenova?

Yeah, that's the point of no return.

At 3/5/11 05:51 AM, Coop wrote:
At 3/4/11 04:08 AM, Bahamut wrote: If someone reuploads it, I better download the video off YouTube and use it for small videos of my own. I've had an idea or two.
Ooh. Tantalising.

Hey, it's YouTube and Tommy Wiseau, both deserve to be teased.

At 3/4/11 10:55 AM, Haggard wrote: *kicks football to Bahamut*
O Hai Bahamut!

Oh hi Coop.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-03-05 15:54:43

No one here who can help me out with depositing? :(

At 3/2/11 03:48 PM, Auz wrote: So when are you going to get married?
Next week. :)
Awesome! So when are we going to have our bachelor party? :p

Well, should be before Friday, right? ^^

I'm pretty sure something was called Björn a few years ago. I could be wrong about Benny. Billy is a bookshelve right? :p Maybe if Benno was a desk... it could be some desk/bookshelve combo.
Yes, Billy is a bookshelf and Benno is a CD/DVD-shelf.
A combination of the two sounds like something we could really use right now. Together we have way to many books and DVDs to put in one closet.

I think there are some "inlays" for Billy, so that you can put CDs in there as well.

I'm sitting at a desk/shelf combo right now, but I can't remember if we got this one from IKEA and how it was called. I got it about 13 years ago. ^^
Should be recognizable by its square-ish design. Although in 13 years IKEA design might have had a few makeovers.

Yes, it's very "square-ish" indeed. ^^

When I googled it I got: "Ich glaube 'ne Badezimmermatte hatte mal den Namen 'WICHSEN'." as a first hit.
Lol :p
Haha, yes that's it. ^^
Looks like they have plenty of silly names in German. Not sure what they all mean though.

PUPSE - Klobürste-> "Pupsen" means "to fart", "Klobürste" is a toilet brush.
RENTE - Ohrensessel -> Pension - wingback chair.
BLUTEN - Apothekenschrank -> Bleeding - pharmacy cabinet
ERSCHRAEK - Spiegel -> "Erschrecken" means "to scare", "Spiegel" is a mirror. So, if you look into the mirror, you get scared by your own reflection.
PLAERRE - Babybett -> "Plärren" means "to bawl". Babybett is a bed for babies.
FLAETZEN - Sofa -> "Flätzen" means to lounge.
SCHNARCHE - Bettwäsche -> to snore - bedclothes
HAKKE - Bierglas -> "Hacke" is familiar for "to be drunk", a bierglas is a beer glass, of course. ^^
FUNZE - Kerze -> "Funzel" is familiar for something small that gives off light, a small torch light or a candle
RANZ - Butterdose -> "Rancid" - butter dish
FROEZEL - Kühlschrank -> "Frösteln" means to shiver. Kühlschrank = fridge
BRAETE - Bratpfanne -> "Braten" is not only the roast, but the verb "braten" also means to fry something. Well, and Bratpfanne means frying pan.
LICHTEN - Haarbürste -> Pretty clever one. "Lichten" means "to thin out", Haarbürste = hair brush. So, you thin out your hair with this brush. ^^

I have been in Amsterdam once, but only saw the airport, lol.
Not the most interesting place to go to xD

We where there for only one hour, then we took off to the usa.

I've been in Amsterdam a few times. Mostly when there's some event going on there. On Queens Day you won't see much of the city since there are literally a million people out on the streets 0.0

I always wondered how it is to have a Queen or a king, especially when they don't have too much power anymore. Why not just abandon this leftovers of the monarchy when the country is democratic anyway?

Oh boy :p

I better get one of those oversized, mobile houses Americans like to drive around with.
Yes, this could save some time.
I suppose finding a parking spot for such things won't be difficult in America.

And if there isn't any parking spot left, you can always just cut down the next forest.

If I was a janitor, I'd wanna be like this guy:
Who's that. A young Mel Gibson? XD
Kinda looks like it, but no. Dude, it's Neil Flynn. A not so well known actor, who had some small roles in The Fugitive, Magnolia and a bunch of other films.

Wikipedia tells me he played a Cop in Fugitive. It's too long ago since I last saw the movie, so I don't remember his role there.

Anyway, Scrubs is a pretty nice series. You should check it out sometime.

I don't like the series. I mean, it has some nice scenes every now and then, but overall it's pretty lame. :/

At 3/5/11 07:36 AM, reverend wrote:
At 3/4/11 10:55 AM, Haggard wrote: Since I get married on Friday I don't know if I will be able to deposit on that day. The week after said Friday I will be away, so I need someone who can deposit for me during that week.
This Friday? I thought it was going to be some time in the summer or was that Fro? Well good luck and congrats!

Must have been Fro who get's married in summer, then. :P

At 3/5/11 10:07 AM, EggoBleeder wrote: Okay I don't really have iTunes and my family doesn't plan on buying it. That's why I haven't been putting "Listening To" on my Congrats lists.

I really don't get what iTunes has to do with this. Just write down what you are listening to. Wether it be a CD you listen to on your stereo or something you listen to with any music player of your choice. o_O

At 3/5/11 01:21 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 3/3/11 04:24 AM, Bahamut wrote: Nah, he only got one guest to his party. :P Still a good episode, though and the games he reviewed were ideal for the 100th episode.
The ending was a very nice Godzilla reference.
It felt like a deja vu, though. I found it to be rather similar to the Super Mario Bros 3 ending, especially when all the consoles were possessed. Still, it was an enjoyable episode but shouldn't have been overhyped.

Good thing I didn't notice any hyping. XD

What about Headbangers Open Air? Slough Feg are meant to be appearing at that venue.
Never heard of it

Seems to be a really small festival. Never heard of the town where the festival is located either. Even though it's pretty close to Hamburg (only about 1 hour if you go there by car)

O Hai Bahamut!
Oh hi Coop.

Hey, don't hold on to the ball for so long!

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-03-05 16:00:56

one day i will reach 10k... but for today... i reach Saves: 6,666

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-03-05 16:30:58

At 3/4/11 04:50 PM, Auz wrote: Don't know that scene. I can't find it either :(
Allow me

I think I only know him from Pirates of the Carribean. I loved him in those films :p
"Dearly beloved, we be gathered here today to NAIL YER GIZZARD TA THA MAST!"

One of my favorite moments:
Barbosa: Trim that sail!
Jack: Trim that sail!
Barbosa: Slack windward brace and sheets!
Jack: Slack windward brace and sheets!
Barbosa: Haul that pennant line!
Jack: Haul that pennant line!

Barbosa: What argh you doing?
Jack: No what are you doing?
Barbosa: No what AAAARRRGGHH you doing?
Jack: What are you doing!?
Barbosa: NO WHAT AAARRGGHH YOU DOING!?

:p

I don't know when and where I'll be watching The King's Speech. True Grit is first on my list at the moment.
If you like psychological thrillers, I'm sure you'll find it worth watching.
Technically Basic Instinct counts for this, but I was watching this for one reason only :P

Dutch directors always like to add some totally unnecessary nudity ;)

At 3/4/11 04:50 PM, Auz wrote: Luckily it won't turn bad quickly.

Try apple pies, they taste really good with oatmeal in my experience :)
I'll try it. Pies aren't really my specialty though.

I believe they can be as difficult to make as you want them to be.

We mostly use salt here to sprinkle on our fries. Sometimes paprika powder as well, but not something you'd normally put on fish.
I think that's the main ingredient in Old Bay, spicy paprika as well as some other flavors like powdered mustard, pepper.

I can imagine that tastes alright, although the pepper seems a bit of an overkill if there are already lots of other sharp and spicy ingredients in the mix.

I don't know. Generally I'm not much of a molten cheese fanatic. It's great on pizza, pastas and toasties, but on other stuff I prefer not to have cheese on it. Not even on a burger.
Not even on a burger? You must really hate cheese or just haven't found the right variety that you might like. Pepper jack cheese on a burger is pretty good.

Could be. To be honest, cheeseburgers aren't really a common dish here. Normal burgers are, but cheeseburgers can mostly be found in fastfood restaurants (McDonalds, Burger King etc.) and as 'microwave food'. They all have this cheddar cheese which looks like plastic and doesn't taste that well.

Perhaps I should try to make some burgers myself and add some of my own cheese.

At 3/5/11 01:21 PM, Bahamut wrote: Got myself Pokemon White today. I originally wasn't going to get it so soon but considering it was £25 at Gamestation and it would have been £30 everywhere else, I thought I'd take up the good price while I had the chance.

I think I'll go and pick up Pokemon Black as well soon and add it to my play list.

Once I've finished my current playthrough of Ocarina of Time, I'll be right on it.

Good luck with that. I don't know how far you are, but it could take a while if this is your first run. The puzzles were quite tough compared to other Zelda games.

At 3/3/11 04:24 AM, Bahamut wrote:
Yeah, Ribbons prevent all status effects from happening.

I think Malboro had Bio as well as an attack. Pretty powerful magic, but mostly useful for its poisoning effect (which won't happen if you got a ribbon).
There was an accessory that prevented you from being poisoned. Although poison shouldn't be a huge concern, it helps to not constantly drop health. Something to prevent confusion would be far more helpful.

True. Poison wasn't the worst effect, but you gotta keep an eye on your HP. Wasn't it so that your HP also kept dropping after battle if you didn't cure it? Or was that only in Pokemon?

Crisis Core might be pretty good, but I can't imagine the plot will be that great.
Yeah, making prequels can be tricky. Final Fantasy VII has a huge storyline and squeezing in a prequel can make the rest of the game look awkward considering what wouldn't have been mentioned.

Sequels are kind of tricky as well if the main plot of the first game already pretty much ended and there are hardly any loose ends.

Anyway, I guess the plot with Zack was the most interesting bit to make a prequel about, but whether it needed its own game... I doubt it. I can also imagine there's a shitload of fanservice stuffed in.

You mean that room with those floating staircases and pillars in which you also face Jenova?

Ah I see. Dissapointing battle you have there with Jenova. Actually, the battles with her were all very easy and just got annoying after the first one.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-03-05 17:01:49

One extra post because Haggard posted while I was writing the other.

At 3/5/11 03:54 PM, Haggard wrote: No one here who can help me out with depositing? :(

I got a lot of stuff on my mind right now, so chances are I might forget. But if you really can't find anyone better I'll do it.

Let me check my schedule... how's Wednesday?

A combination of the two sounds like something we could really use right now. Together we have way to many books and DVDs to put in one closet.
I think there are some "inlays" for Billy, so that you can put CDs in there as well.

We don't have many CDs so that won't be necessary I think. We just need some space for all her books. Being an English student, she has a shitton of stuff to read =/

Should be recognizable by its square-ish design. Although in 13 years IKEA design might have had a few makeovers.
Yes, it's very "square-ish" indeed. ^^

Then I guess it's from IKEA :p

Looks like they have plenty of silly names in German. Not sure what they all mean though.
ERSCHRAEK - Spiegel -> "Erschrecken" means "to scare", "Spiegel" is a mirror. So, if you look into the mirror, you get scared by your own reflection.
HAKKE - Bierglas -> "Hacke" is familiar for "to be drunk", a bierglas is a beer glass, of course. ^^
FUNZE - Kerze -> "Funzel" is familiar for something small that gives off light, a small torch light or a candle
BRAETE - Bratpfanne -> "Braten" is not only the roast, but the verb "braten" also means to fry something. Well, and Bratpfanne means frying pan.
LICHTEN - Haarbürste -> Pretty clever one. "Lichten" means "to thin out", Haarbürste = hair brush. So, you thin out your hair with this brush. ^^

Sounds to me like Swedish and German are very much alike. And also, they put a lot of thought in naming their stuff. Wtf? on PUPSE, BLUTEN and ERSCHRAEK =/

So what does EKTORP mean then? My gf read on some forum that it means 'anus' in Swedish. We don't really believe it though, sounds too stupid as a name for a couch.

Damn those long waiting times.

I've been in Amsterdam a few times. Mostly when there's some event going on there. On Queens Day you won't see much of the city since there are literally a million people out on the streets 0.0
I always wondered how it is to have a Queen or a king, especially when they don't have too much power anymore. Why not just abandon this leftovers of the monarchy when the country is democratic anyway?

It's nothing interesting really. There's a controversial discussion going on right now about whether she should only have a ceremonial position or not. At the moment I believe she choses who is going to talk to the different parties to form the government (after there has been an election).

And she has to approve of any new laws that are being made. If she doesn't sign them, she will be dethroned :p

And if there isn't any parking spot left, you can always just cut down the next forest.

Just flatten a few trees by driving over them :p

Kinda looks like it, but no. Dude, it's Neil Flynn. A not so well known actor, who had some small roles in The Fugitive, Magnolia and a bunch of other films.
Wikipedia tells me he played a Cop in Fugitive. It's too long ago since I last saw the movie, so I don't remember his role there.

I think it was a scene in the subway where he entered through the door and shot at Harrison Ford.

Anyway, Scrubs is a pretty nice series. You should check it out sometime.
I don't like the series. I mean, it has some nice scenes every now and then, but overall it's pretty lame. :/

I know some who love it and some who hate it. I think it's mostly about the humor. It's a bit silly and slapstick-ish. If you don't like that, you probably won't enjoy the series.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-03-05 22:57:05

just got level 31.

omfg, didn't even notice that.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-03-06 01:22:45

6,000 Experience Points.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-03-06 05:38:20

You entered the top 500 in B/P Points. Outstanding!

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-03-06 05:39:55

25,000 Experience

Now that's huge.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-03-06 05:43:36

At 3/6/11 05:39 AM, Coop wrote: 25,000 Experience

Now that's huge.

29,000 Experience

Now that's huger.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-03-06 07:03:46

Coop listens to a famous English victory over South Africa, while congratulating:
Donut: Level 20
LegolaSS: 6,666 Saves
rahfa: Level 31
Martin: Level 24
Jolly: 6,000 Experience
sandwich-eater: Top 500 B/Per
jonthomson: 29,000 Experience

Listening to:
BBC Test Match Special

At 3/4/11 03:52 AM, Coop wrote: It's like your mug of coffee. I'm more concerned with the French and their custom of a bowl of hot chocolate for breakfast. A mug of hot chocolate is great last thing at night, before bed, but not as an aide to waking up.
You don't like hot chocolate for breakfast? Most times in the winter months I drink it to warm up in the mornings. There is so much bitter coffee one can drink.

That's why my first cuppa in the morning is stronger and has 2 sugars in it. Later in the day, I drop to one with slightly weaker brews.

At 3/5/11 10:07 AM, EggoBleeder wrote: Okay I don't really have iTunes and my family doesn't plan on buying it. That's why I haven't been putting "Listening To" on my Congrats lists.

A few points here - iTunes is free, you can rip your CDs to it. Last.fm is free and you can use that to listen to music. You don't have to listen to music while you congratulate people, it just gives us something else to talk about.

At 3/5/11 01:21 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 3/4/11 04:08 AM, Bahamut wrote: If someone reuploads it, I better download the video off YouTube and use it for small videos of my own. I've had an idea or two.
Ooh. Tantalising.
Hey, it's YouTube and Tommy Wiseau, both deserve to be teased.

Looking forward to it.

O Hai Bahamut!
Oh hi Coop.

Playing football on the roof is fun... except when you kick the ball into the street.

At 3/5/11 03:54 PM, Haggard wrote: No one here who can help me out with depositing? :(

I'm not the most reliable depositor, so I just have to make sure that everyone else has the chance. If no-one else is up for it, PM me the info.

At 3/5/11 04:30 PM, Auz wrote:
At 3/4/11 04:50 PM, Auz wrote: Don't know that scene. I can't find it either :(
Allow me

Now you know.

I think I only know him from Pirates of the Carribean. I loved him in those films :p
"Dearly beloved, we be gathered here today to NAIL YER GIZZARD TA THA MAST!"

My ship, makes me Captain
They be my charts!
Well, then that makes you... chart man.

I don't know when and where I'll be watching The King's Speech. True Grit is first on my list at the moment.
If you like psychological thrillers, I'm sure you'll find it worth watching.
Technically Basic Instinct counts for this, but I was watching this for one reason only :P

It goesh down vell vish de fine schmokeablesh*

*Must be Dutch and stoned to understand that sentence

At 3/6/11 05:43 AM, jonthomson wrote:

Now that's huge.
29,000 Experience

Now that's huger.

>:( Wow, talk about a way to steal a guy's thunder. Not many people can do that to me, these days :P

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-03-06 07:45:20

EXP update will be up later today.

Listening to:

Stratovarius - Elements, Pt. 2

At 3/5/11 03:54 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 3/5/11 01:21 PM, Bahamut wrote: It felt like a deja vu, though. I found it to be rather similar to the Super Mario Bros 3 ending, especially when all the consoles were possessed. Still, it was an enjoyable episode but shouldn't have been overhyped.

Well, there was a countdown to the 100th episode which would have suggested "Something big is coming up." but it wasn't as big as I expected it to be. If Action 52 wasn't reviewed last year, that would have been great for the 100th review.

Seems to be a really small festival. Never heard of the town where the festival is located either. Even though it's pretty close to Hamburg (only about 1 hour if you go there by car)

Maybe it's one to check out?

Oh hi Coop.

*throws ball to Haggard*

At 3/5/11 01:21 PM, Bahamut wrote: Once I've finished my current playthrough of Ocarina of Time, I'll be right on it.
Good luck with that. I don't know how far you are, but it could take a while if this is your first run. The puzzles were quite tough compared to other Zelda games.

Nah, this is the third time I'm going through this game. I'm at the Spirit Temple right now so I'm close to finishing it.

True. Poison wasn't the worst effect, but you gotta keep an eye on your HP. Wasn't it so that your HP also kept dropping after battle if you didn't cure it? Or was that only in Pokemon?

I believe some Final Fantasy games had poison effect lasting even after battles. I don't think VII had it, though but the early ones sure had it.

Sequels are kind of tricky as well if the main plot of the first game already pretty much ended and there are hardly any loose ends.

And that's where you decide if everything ended off nicely for something and if so, no need to make a sequel.

Ah I see. Dissapointing battle you have there with Jenova. Actually, the battles with her were all very easy and just got annoying after the first one.

I believe Jenova Death was a rather tricky one and the first form can't be walked over easily.

At 3/6/11 07:03 AM, Coop wrote: Last.fm is free and you can use that to listen to music.

Last.fm, you say?

At 3/5/11 01:21 PM, Bahamut wrote: Hey, it's YouTube and Tommy Wiseau, both deserve to be teased.
Looking forward to it.

That's if I come across it again.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-03-06 14:27:04

You passed 12,000 Blams. Impressive!

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-03-06 15:37:04

At 3/5/11 03:54 PM, Haggard wrote: Must have been Fro who get's married in summer, then. :P

It's all confusing. gfox, you, Corky. Then I guess Auz, Coop, and Rohan are next up.

At 3/5/11 04:30 PM, Auz wrote: I believe they can be as difficult to make as you want them to be.

Oh, they can be difficult, especially apple pies. You have to get some of the water out of the apples before you bake them or your crust will be soggy. Maybe oatmeal will help with that.

I can imagine that tastes alright, although the pepper seems a bit of an overkill if there are already lots of other sharp and spicy ingredients in the mix.

Yeah it's very pronounced and tangy to say the least. I don't eat it every time but you know once in a while just break the repetition of ketchup.

Could be. To be honest, cheeseburgers aren't really a common dish here. Normal burgers are, but cheeseburgers can mostly be found in fastfood restaurants (McDonalds, Burger King etc.) and as 'microwave food'. They all have this cheddar cheese which looks like plastic and doesn't taste that well.

McD's cheeseburgers aren't all that great. To me a burger seems kind of plain with out any cheese on it. It adds flavor to offset the meatiness of the burger.

At 3/6/11 07:03 AM, Coop wrote: That's why my first cuppa in the morning is stronger and has 2 sugars in it. Later in the day, I drop to one with slightly weaker brews.

I can only do one cup else I'll get sick. If I have to get some more caffeine then it's on to energy drinks or pop.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-03-06 17:32:33

Now that's huge.

Awesome! Though not as awesome as jonthomson's achievement.

At 3/6/11 07:03 AM, Coop wrote:

My ship, makes me Captain
They be my charts!

Stow it!!! The both of you!!!
That's an order!!! Understand?!!!

I can confirm that 'having to be stoned' bit 0.o

At 3/6/11 07:45 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 3/5/11 04:30 PM, Auz wrote: Good luck with that. I don't know how far you are, but it could take a while if this is your first run. The puzzles were quite tough compared to other Zelda games.
Nah, this is the third time I'm going through this game. I'm at the Spirit Temple right now so I'm close to finishing it.

Ooooh I see. You still have the Shadow Temple to do or do you always keep the Spirit Temple for last? I always go Spirit Temple then Shadow Temple, but my gf is doing it the other way around. Not that it makes much of a difference, but I believe the hover boots are handy at some parts of the Spirit Temple.

I believe some Final Fantasy games had poison effect lasting even after battles. I don't think VII had it, though but the early ones sure had it.

I can't remember either. It's been a long time since I last played FF VII, or any FF game for that matter.

And that's where you decide if everything ended off nicely for something and if so, no need to make a sequel.

I think overall the ending was good enough already. The planet is saved, Sephiroth is dead, everybody is happy... there's no need for more story.

I believe Jenova Death was a rather tricky one and the first form can't be walked over easily.

Couldn't you kill Jenova Death with a phoenix down? :p

At 3/6/11 03:37 PM, reverend wrote:
At 3/5/11 04:30 PM, Auz wrote: I believe they can be as difficult to make as you want them to be.
Oh, they can be difficult, especially apple pies. You have to get some of the water out of the apples before you bake them or your crust will be soggy. Maybe oatmeal will help with that.

I always like them soggy, but yeah I think oatmeal will help to prevent that.

Yeah it's very pronounced and tangy to say the least. I don't eat it every time but you know once in a while just break the repetition of ketchup.

I see the mix was originally made because people could get free crabs at some restaurant (apparently there was an overload of crabs there). They wanted to make sure people would need a lot to drink, so they made that extra spicy seasoning. Explains why they would add pepper.

McD's cheeseburgers aren't all that great.

That goes for about any fast food restaurant. Can't say I'm impressed by what they sell at Burger King either :p

To me a burger seems kind of plain with out any cheese on it. It adds flavor to offset the meatiness of the burger.

I think the right sauce and some unions and pickles will add plenty of flavor to do the trick.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-03-06 17:48:24

At 3/5/11 05:01 PM, Auz wrote: One extra post because Haggard posted while I was writing the other.

I feel so special now.

I got a lot of stuff on my mind right now, so chances are I might forget. But if you really can't find anyone better I'll do it.

Ok, now Bahamut, Coop and you offered to deposit, yet all of you say you aren't very reliable at the moment. Maybe I should give out the password to all 3 of you to be extra sure to miss no deposit? ^^

Let me check my schedule... how's Wednesday?

Sounds great.

We don't have many CDs so that won't be necessary I think. We just need some space for all her books. Being an English student, she has a shitton of stuff to read =/

Then Billy is your friend. There are Billy shelves in various sizes, we have one very large shelf and one that's about 1m high and about 1,20m wide.

Also I just noticed that the german wikipedia article for Billy is much longer than the swedish one. ^^

Sounds to me like Swedish and German are very much alike. And also, they put a lot of thought in naming their stuff. Wtf? on PUPSE, BLUTEN and ERSCHRAEK =/

Oh, there has been a slight misunderstanding. The names above are not real names, but have been made up by the poster. That's why they are all so german like. ;)
No one would name his wingback chair "rente" or the mirror "erschraek". ;)

So what does EKTORP mean then? My gf read on some forum that it means 'anus' in Swedish. We don't really believe it though, sounds too stupid as a name for a couch.

Google translator suggest that "Ek torp" means "oak cottage". Hmm..
Also, wtf? I chose "translate from 'Swedish' to 'German'" and suggests "oak cottage" as a german translation? Yes, he really did suggest "oak cottage", not "Eichenhütte" as it would be correct.
I then tried to translate "oak cottage" from english to german, but he again simply came up with "oak cottage". Lol.

Damn those long waiting times.

One hour isn't really that long on an airport.

And she has to approve of any new laws that are being made. If she doesn't sign them, she will be dethroned :p

Lol, that's quite similar to the british queen, I think. ^^

Just flatten a few trees by driving over them :p

And we need lots of trees for all the bowling centers around:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pkHmVGjp vc

At 3/5/11 01:21 PM, Bahamut wrote: It felt like a deja vu, though. I found it to be rather similar to the Super Mario Bros 3 ending, especially when all the consoles were possessed. Still, it was an enjoyable episode but shouldn't have been overhyped.
Well, there was a countdown to the 100th episode which would have suggested "Something big is coming up." but it wasn't as big as I expected it to be. If Action 52 wasn't reviewed last year, that would have been great for the 100th review.

Oh well, I never check his site for new episodes. It's always other people linking me to new episodes or in this case it was you to mention the new episode would be up on that day.

Yes, Action 52 would've been a good choice for the 100th episode.

Maybe it's one to check out?

Maybe.

Oh hi Coop.
*throws ball to Haggard*

*tries to stop the ball with his chest and pass it to Coop, but fails miserably*

Now someone has to retrieve that ball... :(

At 3/5/11 03:54 PM, Haggard wrote: Must have been Fro who get's married in summer, then. :P
It's all confusing. gfox, you, Corky. Then I guess Auz, Coop, and Rohan are next up.

We should place bets!

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-03-06 17:51:18

57,000 medal points

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-03-07 00:27:00

Level 28. In my opinion it deserves to be lower on the list but whatever. I didn't design it.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-03-07 00:28:41

Reached level 32. It's great apart from the fact that I don't like the level icon and don't really like any of the next ones up to at least level 36. Obviously from there onwards it's total awesomeness but I will be stuck with shitty icons until Christmas =(

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-03-07 03:59:19

Coop remembers about muscles that seem to have had a lazy few months, while congratulating:
Pokemonpoeguygcn: 12,000 Blams
Lizzardis: 17,000 Saves
SCTE3: 16,000 Saves
Ship: Level 28
sushi13: Level 32

Listening to:
Reel Big Fish - Nothin'
Queen - I Want To Break Free
Michael Jackson - Come Together
Velvet Revolver - Set Me Free

Thank you to:
EggoBleeder
Odyssic
Auz

At 3/5/11 01:21 PM, Bahamut wrote: Oh hi Coop.
*throws ball to Haggard*

I'm open! *makes a run*

At 3/6/11 07:03 AM, Coop wrote: Last.fm is free and you can use that to listen to music.
Last.fm, you say?

That's not me - I merely advertise, otherwise I'd have logged in and played some Maiden.

At 3/6/11 07:03 AM, Coop wrote: That's why my first cuppa in the morning is stronger and has 2 sugars in it. Later in the day, I drop to one with slightly weaker brews.
I can only do one cup else I'll get sick. If I have to get some more caffeine then it's on to energy drinks or pop.

Tea in a steady flow will keep me going all day. I do stop for the occasional soft drink, including cola, sprite and the like, but other drinks like fruit juice and alcohol punctuate the day as well.

At 3/6/11 05:32 PM, Auz wrote:
At 3/6/11 07:03 AM, Coop wrote: My ship, makes me Captain
They be my charts!
Stow it!!! The both of you!!!
That's an order!!! Understand?!!!

*Both Sparrow & Barbosa look at Pintel in disbelief*

I can confirm that 'having to be stoned' bit 0.o

Stereotype liberally ripped from Paul Whitehouse & Harry Enfield

At 3/6/11 05:48 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 3/5/11 05:01 PM, Auz wrote:
Ok, now Bahamut, Coop and you offered to deposit, yet all of you say you aren't very reliable at the moment. Maybe I should give out the password to all 3 of you to be extra sure to miss no deposit? ^^

Sounds like a plan.

At 3/6/11 07:45 AM, Bahamut wrote: *throws ball to Haggard*
*tries to stop the ball with his chest and pass it to Coop, but fails miserably*

Now someone has to retrieve that ball... :(

It can't be as bad as yesterday - we played a little football to warm down after training and while one of the older guys was getting changed in the corner of the sports hall, he got hit by the ball. Picture one fat, old guy with rippling body mass, as the ball strikes him in the back. *shudders*

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-03-07 04:16:38

Metal Monday 2011 - Week 10: Gamma Ray - Hand of Fate

Listening to:

Christopher Lee - Charlemagne: By the Sword and the Cross

At 3/6/11 05:32 PM, Auz wrote:
At 3/6/11 07:45 AM, Bahamut wrote: Nah, this is the third time I'm going through this game. I'm at the Spirit Temple right now so I'm close to finishing it.
Ooooh I see. You still have the Shadow Temple to do or do you always keep the Spirit Temple for last? I always go Spirit Temple then Shadow Temple, but my gf is doing it the other way around. Not that it makes much of a difference, but I believe the hover boots are handy at some parts of the Spirit Temple.

Wait, you can do the Spirit Temple before the Shadow Temple? I always thought the game was done in a particular order to go through the temples and not go in any way you like. However, if the remake did that, that would be pretty cool.

I think overall the ending was good enough already. The planet is saved, Sephiroth is dead, everybody is happy... there's no need for more story.

Except they showed Aeris' face right at the end...

Couldn't you kill Jenova Death with a phoenix down? :p

Nah, I think that was only possible with the boss in Cosmo Canyon.

At 3/6/11 05:48 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 3/6/11 07:45 AM, Bahamut wrote: Maybe it's one to check out?
Maybe.

Alright then. Maybe there's still a chance for Slough Feg to make an appearance at Bloodstock in the UK.

At 3/7/11 03:59 AM, Coop wrote:
At 3/6/11 07:45 AM, Bahamut wrote: Last.fm, you say?
That's not me - I merely advertise, otherwise I'd have logged in and played some Maiden.

You have an imposter on the loose. :P

At 3/6/11 05:48 PM, Haggard wrote: Ok, now Bahamut, Coop and you offered to deposit, yet all of you say you aren't very reliable at the moment. Maybe I should give out the password to all 3 of you to be extra sure to miss no deposit? ^^
Sounds like a plan.

This I like.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-03-07 10:43:01

20,000 saves and Lieutenant General! :D
And 51,000 medal points.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-03-07 12:13:57

85,000 medal points

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-03-07 17:29:08

You entered the top 60 in B/P Points. Outstanding!

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-03-07 21:41:59

14,000 saves.
Slowly inching my way up. Just wish my blams total would increase as fast.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-03-07 23:26:34

I've leveled once or twice. I forget. Those 500 posts flew by.

Next level-up: 5 mothafockin days.

Perhaps I am newgrounding too much.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-03-07 23:38:06

At 3/7/11 05:29 PM, Pokemonpoeguygcn wrote: You entered the top 60 in B/P Points. Outstanding!

You've been at this for quite some time, huh?

BBS Signature