00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

3,755,553 Views | 87,875 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-12-31 07:04:03

Coop ponders over some writing judging, while congratulating:
SCTE3: 800 Reviews (Audio)
Kaytee: 20,000 Saves
WeirdAlthe3rd: 22,000 Saves
sandwich-eater: Top 666 B/Per
Shaun: 9th NG Berfday (Tomorrow, but I'll let you off)
Nijsse: 40,000 B/P; 15,000 Saves; Top 80 Experienced; 90,000 Medal Points

At 12/30/10 02:37 PM, TraderEddy wrote: Congratz to the-phantom-spancker. How does that statement, all in caps, using the let 2 to represent the word "to" and other spelling and grammar errors get 1.3 million views and 2,000+ pages.

Seriously, that's a feat of nature.

You know, for a post made in 2002, this has to be the single most quoted written statement on Newgrounds.

The reason it's spawned over 2,000 Pages is because we have adopted it as a place to keep the musings about statistics while keeping the rest of the BBS (General forum) free from them.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-12-31 08:28:44

Last reply of the year 2010. Hope you're all having fun tonight. I'm sure I will.

At 12/29/10 10:37 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 12/28/10 05:41 AM, Auz wrote: Ah, I know how annoying that is. My dad is often turning up his music as well and since the wall between me and his computer room is so thin, I keep hearing the bass through my wall. Even when his music is not even that loud.
Yeah, that stupid bass-thing can be heard nearly everywhere, even when the music itself isn't that loud. What a stupid invention. >_>

Well it can be pretty cool in some songs, but in most songs it just sucks to have the bass turned up like that. My dad's car also has this bass boost build in and you can practically feel the whole car vibrating while the volume of the music is not even turned up that much. I wish I knew how to turn the bass off >.<

At 12/25/10 07:29 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 12/25/10 05:59 AM, Coop wrote:
I heard new ones are being produced though, and new LP's are being produced as well. A friend of mine bought an LP player which was only a few years old at some thrift store. It didn't cost him too much. He also bought a whole set of old LP's, which was pretty nice.
Yeah, there are still LP players produced, but for a really good one you have to spend quite some money.
Also, most music sounds better on LP. A reason for this is the so called loudness war (you cannot record the music as "loud" on a LP or else the needle would jump, thus LPs are recorded at a lower loudness level), For more information look at this youtube video.
Of course, sometimes the formula "louder = better" holds true sometimes, but in the long run, it's just TOO loud. I know from many people who don't enjoy listening to music as much as they did in earlier days. I once read an article, that todays music just is stress for the ears, because of the loudness.
It's a shame how record companies destroy music and blame it on the customers. :(

I see what you mean there. Although the difference is quite subtle in the video, it makes sense that the quality of the song suffers from it. You're basically not listening to how the song was intended to be.

Now I also understand LP lovers better.

At 12/29/10 01:14 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 12/29/10 09:54 AM, Auz wrote: That would probably be for their own good.
I suppose most of 4chan and ED would go as a result. :P

I have no problems with shitty memes disappearing.

Four and a half here. I could be done studying and looking for a job by then 0.0
By then I could be... I dunno. It's hard to see where I'll be in 4 years time.

If you're having a job then yeah... well hopefully you've made promotion by then :p

At 12/30/10 04:09 AM, SeeD419 wrote:
At 12/27/10 10:56 AM, Auz wrote: Well me neither, but I'm not going to stop him from going out with her. He shouldn't come whining to me when things aren't working out though.
I know, it's torture listening to someone complain about a problem that in your eyes is easily fixable.

Indeed. But oh well, I think he's aware of what's going on and he's not stupid so it'll probably turn ot alright.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-12-31 08:52:26

52k medal points.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-12-31 09:11:44

According to NG Logs I have been on NG for 1,000 days!

$$$ | Strawberry Dodge | Abusive Reviews! | Sig by TheDingo

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-12-31 10:19:56

Here's my last 2010 post in the LUL.

Listening to:

Communic - Waves of Visual Decay

At 12/30/10 10:00 AM, Coop wrote:
At 12/29/10 01:14 PM, Bahamut wrote: If we still have our snow icons by the next EXP update, we'll have no mod icons showing up except Wade and liljim.
That will look slightly cool for a few days, then it'll just get old.

Which is why it's good for one update.

12th for me. The only one who's standing between you and me is deckheadtottie.
Only until I pass NegativeOne ;)

And I'll pass him eventually assuming his pace stays the same or declines.

At 12/30/10 12:10 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 12/29/10 01:14 PM, Bahamut wrote: You have but myself and Coop haven't. It would be interesting to see both of us staying around on NG for 10 years without a break.
Would be amazing if you could do it. Pimp and bomb did it, but they aren't very active except for depositing their Exp.

Pimp and bomb don't count. They've done hardly anything besides depositing.

But if it's New Years Day, people WILL be playing music loud.
Not neccessarily. Also, even on New Years Eve the concept of "nighttime peace" holds true. ;)

But it will be harder to get them to stop.

I hate being lonely.
Yes, but if you aren't having fun, she can't miss out on any fun, right?

She left me. D:

At 12/30/10 05:17 PM, SCTE3 wrote:
At 12/29/10 01:14 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 12/28/10 10:33 PM, SCTE3 wrote:
Also what do you all plan to do tomorrow night for New Year's eve?
As a matter of fact, nothing...
Gee Bahamut, you are almost always doing something though. What a shocking change in plans eh?

After sorting out Christmas and everything, our ideas just dwindle for the new year.

At 12/31/10 08:28 AM, Auz wrote:
At 12/29/10 01:14 PM, Bahamut wrote: I suppose most of 4chan and ED would go as a result. :P
I have no problems with shitty memes disappearing.

Hahahaha, neither do I. Let them rot.

By then I could be... I dunno. It's hard to see where I'll be in 4 years time.
If you're having a job then yeah... well hopefully you've made promotion by then :p

Yeah, I could do with a promotion sometime. Maybe not in the school, though.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-12-31 12:11:33

You know you're old when you become an uncle like I did this morning. :S

At 12/30/10 04:09 AM, SeeD419 wrote: LJCoffee...the name sounds familiar...I think he made some really good music....

Audio Mod, though I haven't check out any of his work.

At 12/30/10 08:15 AM, Bahamut wrote: Yeah, I don't want them to be up for long. From the looks of it, we'll still have them for next week so prepare for a winter EXP update.

We should get a groundhog to predict if it's going to be a long cold winter here on NG. :P

At 12/30/10 10:00 AM, Coop wrote: At least you're still making up places - NegativeOne could be the first place I make up inside 3 months. That's depressing, because it's only going to get worse :P

Start getting the mods ahead of you tossed. You know you want to.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-12-31 12:15:52

Well, I woke up early, went to work, discovered I was the only person there (coulda sworn they said NYE *wasn't* a holiday, but... ooops!)... came back home and got some breakfast out of it the pointless commute, at least.

As for Wi/Ht?.... well, they get MORNING GFOX CATCHUP out of my mistake. #;-}>

At 12/6/10 01:25 AM, SeeD419 wrote:
At 12/5/10 08:56 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 12/4/10 08:49 AM, Coop wrote: An interesting theory. I personally believe that it would be like voting Ultor as best reviewer.
The fact that he's above me in review rank and actually on the top reviewers list upsets me.
The fact that he's #6 in B/P is rather sad. Then again, our top B/P'er is a complete prick so what does the morality of the top B/P'ers even mean these days? We're well past our days when ramagi and gfox were the top dogs of the B/P ranks. That's why if we get to see another #1 user in B/P someday, I want it to be Coop.
It's rather strange to me that most top users, especially the top exp users, are totally inactive on the forums - and most are pricks. Not saying any names...

I agree that it would be better if it was Coop, since he's actually a nice guy and is active on the BBS.

COOP FOR NG KING!

At 12/5/10 11:23 PM, gfoxcook wrote: What the hell does 419 mean to you, anyway?

It's like you wanted to put 420 in your name, but thought "oh shit, future bosses might see my username and think I'm high on pot at work, so I'll just change it by 1 to 419! WHEW!" #;-}>
Actually, you're half right. I made the name...I think 8 years ago, maybe 9. At the time pot was the coolest thing in the world to me, next to the band korn and final fantasy...so the name is a fusion of all of the three. SeeD420 was taken, so I figured the minute before would be just as appropriate.

Hah! Pretty close, yes.

pot, korn, final fantasy, eh?

A) Tried it, made me (more) paranoid (than usual)
B) doesn't appeal to me
C) was a much bigger fan back in the day than you, I'd wager. #;-}> I was an uber-regular on the Final Fantasy usenet newsgroup for a few years in the late 90s. It was my internet home just pre-NG, in fact.

Stupid now, but the name stuck and it's been so long I don't really even associate where it came from anymore. That and everybody seems to think it's actually pronounced CD, so that works, lol.

Not me, I see it as seed. If it was CD, it'd be spelled CD. Sheeshers.

What about yours? Like yours makes any more sense *rolls eyes*

Sure it does. My first initial, my internet nickname from the days of my first internet home (an X-Files forum/chatroom on Prodigy in the early/mid 90s), and my last name.

I vote for "seed," as we need moar lower-case-only peops around here since ramagi's never around. reverend and I get lonely. ;_;
Hmm that wouldn't be so bad either....I really can't decide :( Might as well stick with the extraneous post-appellation numerals.

seed, seed, seed!

You fool!
I have been deceived!

DEMAND A REFUND!

At 12/6/10 03:56 AM, Jolly wrote:
At 12/5/10 11:23 PM, gfoxcook wrote: I think others did it as well, yours is just the most clear example, Jolly. heh.
I knew Coop was joking, I guess I didn't make the post clear enough. I meant to say (Basically) that NewGrounds is to addicting to just completely quit that suddenly. Most people that quit slowly get less active until they stop coming here altogether.

Oh, okay, I guess that wasn't clear enough after all, then. #;-}>

Yep. Though some get quiet a lot suddener than others due to a new addiction (WOW, facebook... TF2, etc. #;-}>)

At 12/5/10 11:24 PM, gfoxcook wrote: I vote for "seed," as we need moar lower-case-only peops around here since ramagi's never around. reverend and I get lonely. ;_;
I like the way seed looks, I vote for it to. My name would look terrible in all lowercase. jolly

Eh, it looks fine.

At 12/6/10 08:33 AM, Coop wrote:
At 12/5/10 11:22 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 11/29/10 08:47 AM, Coop wrote:
At 11/28/10 07:43 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Oh, BTW, I want some massive props for catching up on like half a year of LUL with only FIVE posts for once. In the past, that might have been a 10+ post catchup. #;-}>
Get bent! That just means that you're getting lazy and are cutting out swathes of conversation.
Hahahaha. Pretty much.
I'm glad I saw it :P

Seeing the sad truth of things makes you GLAD? Weirdo. #;-}>

Hey, there's nothing wrong with editing out the boring parts of SIX-MONTH-OLD CONVERSATIONS, for the love of god.
Yeah, but we'd already forgotten what we said back then, so we need to be reminded.

So that's my job around here? Reminding you guys of old shit you said that you don't really need to remember? USELESS JOB. ;_;

The only thing that would make me take a BBS break is that I keep trying to write these posts and the computer crashes, losing the data in the notepad file. Sure, I can come back to the BBS page I was on, but I can't remember what I've said >:(

Heh.

Yes, as NGVD is a very deadly disease. I am a carrier.

NGVD sounds like some club over on C&C.

Oh dear....

Well, just as back then actually passing ht52 seemed impossible (but now is quite easy--take it from me!).... Pimp one day too may fall.
One day... *sigh*

Is that a wistful "wishing people wouldn't quit NG" sigh or a "know it's gonna be a long time till I pass Pimp (if ever)" sigh? #;-}>

Either ye be joking or somesuch... or.... I suspect you're just going on a BBS hiatus, and with all of my absences from the BBS, I'm the last person who'd complain of such a thing. Enjoy your break from NG, but DO NOT MISS YER DEPOSITS OR YE SHALL REGRET IT. gfox from 2000-2002, before he even really became a regular, warns you.
So... what have I missed? Sweet FA, if I'm any judge.
Sweet FA?
"Sweet Fanny Adams" a way of saying "Fuck All" in the 1950s.

I've heard the saying, but not often enough to recognise its acronymisation, I suppose. #;-}>

At 11/29/10 09:20 AM, Gagsy wrote: I feel cheated.
You were ROOTING for him to be leaving??!!? Come now, Gagsy, surely you haven't taken the revolution thread THAT seriously? #;-}>
I should have just said goodbye there, a la Homer Simpson. Tearful, yet retarded.

How is saying goodbye Homer-level retarded? O_o

I think I'm missing an aspect of the Simpsons reference here.

It was a good way to get it sorted. I might have to get the 83 back, if you're all that pissed about it ;P

Coop's fine, just looks a bit naked without the numbers. Wish you'd gone with "coop" and joined us lower-casers. #;-}>

I never intended to leave. That's the joke. Honestly, it's not funny if you have to explain them.
Indeed. Though their reaction is still funny, if not your original joke. #;-}>
I pity them. Deep deep down.

No you don't! You enjoy their silly misinterpretations!

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-12-31 12:16:54

At 12/6/10 10:08 AM, Auz wrote:
At 12/5/10 11:24 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 11/30/10 12:44 PM, Auz wrote: Yeah why was that Bahamut? I suppose gfox would rather demand a meet up in his backyard.
That would definitely be more convenient for me, yes. #;-}>
Not so convenient for us though, but probably still more accessible than Japan.

Aye.

You were betting I wouldn't be catching up within a month or so. I did post on Clock Day, but it wasn't a full catch up, so the "... oh wait" was implying I'd be stupid to take a bet that I'd already have lost in advance. #;-}>
You can retake the bet anytime you like ;)

I SHALL REFRAIN.

Anything I didn't reply to I ain't replying to evar, man! I cut out tons and tons of stuff I coulda replied to, sorry some of your stuff was amongst the casualty count, but I had to amputate a limb to save the catchup. #;-}>
Well I can't remember what we were talking about anyway. Probably some U2 stuff amongst other things.

Prolly. Did enough talking of U2 in our profiles as well aways back.

Speaking of U2, have you been to their latest show or not? Also, I've heard they're gonna release a new album early next year.

Ever since I couldn't get to the 360 tour stop here, I hadn't heard about them coming to town. If they did and I missed out AGAIN, I'll be pissed. ;_;

Cool.

Back when I was posting all the time in 2003-2005, I spent just as much time with my then-gf as I spend now with her, is the point. There was no Steam or TF2 for me back then, though, that's the difference. #;-}>
We have confirmed the problem then. Time to do something about it.

Please don't hack/steal my Steam account, sir! ;_;

Let's have Bedn do it.
Yeah let's have Bedn do it. We need someone Wade will trust when we're in the third level of the dream stage. Oh wait...

hahahah.

And yes, pretty much every number under 36 is nifty. Every single one of them sure beats that number 1 above 36, at least! #;-}>
But come on, it's the prime number 3 times the prime number 7. What comes out are two of the most primary prime numbers in existence (counting 1 as a prime number). I always thought you hated those with a passion...

Yeah, well.... 7 + 3 + 7 + 3 + 7 + 3 + 3 + 3 = 36, too, but I don't hate 36 for it.

I don't hate prime numbers in general, though I don't particularly them, either.... as I like most evens better than odds, and odds that are divisible by lots of #s over ones that aren't... there's only one prime number I truly hate, and that'd be 37, of course. #;-}>

At 12/6/10 12:31 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 12/5/10 11:23 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 11/29/10 12:22 PM, Bahamut wrote: They're no match for Drimarki, though.
Damn straight. That guy left so long ago, it was like he was never here in the first place.
True that. He left well before I even had a chance to discover this site. Heh, funny how his last post talks about him being 18th in the B/P ranks. That's where I am right now! I heard he had to leave NG due to paying too much attention on this site and not enough on his studies. I remember one user claiming that but it's hard to say if it's true or not. It's a shame he hasn't returned since.

Don't follow in his footsteps there just 'cause you're #18 in b/p, damnit! #;-}>

Yeah, he got in trouble with his parents for being on NG too much. He's a fucking adult by far now, so where the hell is he? GET BACK HERE, DAMNIT. #;-}>

I'll come across it whenever I reply to those posts. I'm thinking after I check up on the other forums and depositing my alts, I'll finish off the Sam & Max episode I'm on and then go through your replies. If I still have time after that, why not go for more Sam & Max?

Sounded like a plan, was a plan, lots of Sam & Max was had by ze Bahamut, that's for sure. #;-}>

Watch as I fail these plans somehow.

nope.avi

You know, I actually like the Shortstop. Seems pretty powerful for me and has done a fair amount of kills.
Some are calling it too easy to use for unskilled scouts. Personally, I'm having a hard time with it, but I'm just that used to the scattergun. If I ever get the hat, I guess I'll have to get my shortstop practice in finally.
I do like the Scattergun myself and have done well with it but something about the Shortstop makes it feel very comfortable. I can't wait until I get my Mad Milk and Milkman hat. That should be a nice set to use. Hmm, out of the five Polycount hats I can craft sometime soon, I suppose I should go with the Scout. I may like Pyro's weapons but the hat is so meh in comparison to its other hats.

Well, I just traded for the 4 polycount hats I didn't have yet (all but soldier's) last night, and the extra 25 hp is fun. But I end up having more fun milking people (hurrrr) than shortstopping them. Needs moar practice still. I suppose I could always milk+fish peops in the meantime. I'm like a twisted food delivery man!

Well, using a knife and a fork can be awkward for our race. Why not just use our hands to eat our food?
USE YER FEET AND TAIL!
That isn't even manners at all. Who even uses their feet for knives and forks at a dinner table anyway?

A dragon who feels like it?

Who's going to stop him, anyway?

If Japan isn't a yes for a NG meetup, what about London? :D

Probably almost as expensive for me to go meet up in, so.... heh.

Someday Dani and I'll get over to Europe. Unless we're in Japan. And then you'd be right about holding the meetup there. Hah!

Besides, for months now I've been saying "yes, yes it is!" because you've got everyone and their mother blaming my marriage on taking up my time instead of TF2, ze real culprit. O_o
But it became really suspicious when you didn't post for months after your marraige.

Yes. Clearly I was being brainwashed in the marriage indoctrination camp!

Yeah, I'll have a word with him.
Uh oh.
I'd ask him on Twitter but he already explained his situation. Hmm, come to think about it, I haven't seen him on TF2 for a while now.

</no idea what was going on in this portion>

HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS
Gotta be more in-depth than that.
VINTAGE HATS UNUSUAL HATS PAINTED HATS RENAMED HATS TRADING HATS

That good enough?

Getting there.

:::almost to the point of climax:::

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-12-31 12:17:56

At 12/6/10 02:00 PM, wismty wrote: 8th year on NG :)

Congrats, ol' fellow!

At 12/6/10 03:55 PM, reverend wrote:
At 12/5/10 11:22 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Then don't!

SAVE A TREE, LIGHT A CANDLE.
Don't really see how it's saving a tree when it's fake and plastic.

SAVE A FAKE PLASTIC TREE! Radiohead would want you to!

I see. Well then, I'm fully behind your idea!
If we actually were holding some voting it would be a three way tie between NEVR, Sir-Nuts, and TPM.

</also no idea what's going on here... ;_;>

At 12/6/10 05:11 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 11/28/10 09:24 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 11/28/10 07:43 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Oh, BTW, I want some massive props for catching up on like half a year of LUL with only FIVE posts for once. In the past, that might have been a 10+ post catchup. #;-}>
You want some cake?
That'll work.
I'm all out of cake right now, sorry. :(

I'M ALL OUT OF CAKE, TIME TO KICK ASS!

YOU VILL GET LESS!
*clears throat*
NEIN! VERBOTEN!
Where is it forbidden for the regulars of Wi/Ht? to get less gfox posts than they want? #;-}>
It's mentioned in the ToS.

The ToS can go fuck itself.

We just thought: "Friday would be a good day." and then the registrar mentioned: "Oh, 11/03/11, nice."

Hahah, awesome.

Wait, I hope you mean 12 pm, not 12 am. Midnight wedding? O_o
Damn you americans, this 12-hour-clock is just too confusing. I meant 12:00, not 0:00 (24-hour-clock this time). ^^

Personally, I use 24-hour time whenever possible, but I have to mentally convert all the time due to most damned Americans, yes.

Dayum. Wait, how can truthspeaker not have something like spracht/spracken/etc. in it for the speak part?
This is a very good question and I don't have a definite answer.

Fascinating.

"Wahrheitssprecher" just doesn't sound right in german, just like "truthsayer" doesn't sound right in english.

Not as common as truthspeaker, but I've heard truthsayer before. Sounds almost mystic/sage-like. #;-}>

At 12/7/10 04:00 AM, Coop wrote: 130,000 Total Points

I'm closing in on the top 10. I just need a little more impetus.

QUICK! ISCRULZ AND DREAMOFDUKE ARE BOTH LESS THAN 10 POINTS BEHIND YOU! GET A MOVE ON, COOP!

At 12/12/10 06:06 AM, Coop wrote: Well, we'll have to wait and see. I have yet to buy a Dragonforce album. I might get Inhuman Rampage and this next one, if it's not so stale, but I'll wait and see.

I like about half the tracks on Inhuman Rampage. There's a bit of "they all sound the same" to many of the tracks, but it's definitely a high-energy CD. Good for listening to at work on 2 hours of sleep and tons of increasingly-ineffective coffee. </signed endorsement>

Well, humantarget52 is falling like a stone and I'll pass him within a year, so I doubt he's still top 50. Didn't gfox pass him before joining the top 50? I'll check Bahamut's list later...

I wouldn't swear to it... and it's sad I don't know for sure (I would if me passing him had happened back when I logged my own stats in a notepad file back in '03 and '04).... but I'm pretty sure I didn't pass him until the 40s, actually.

:::waits to be corrected:::

I don't think I saw anyone ever answer you there, so...

At 12/15/10 12:07 AM, sandwich-eater wrote:
At 12/14/10 09:15 PM, haas117 wrote: How has this thread been going since 2002?
Because it's a stat sharing thread, it's updated multiple times daily and there's no need for a new one.

And because of the human pastime that is TRADITION. Glorious, wonderful, often-pointless tradition. #;-}>

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-12-31 13:57:33

19,000 EXP. Another 100 deposits and this'll be an alt with 20k+ EXP which is impressive.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-12-31 14:42:22

I'm closing out 2010 with a bang!

9,000 Saves
Top 555 B/P
1500 posts (I go slowly, this is a milestone for me)
75k medal points

Happy New Year!

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-12-31 15:20:33

Hey guys, before I disappear into the shadows again I wanted to wish a happy new year to every one of the Wi/Ht and LUL regulars!

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-12-31 15:21:50

Level UP!

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-12-31 17:52:19

50,000 Total Stats and a Happy New Year everyone.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-12-31 18:12:38

I just reached 2,222 Posts!

$$$ | Strawberry Dodge | Abusive Reviews! | Sig by TheDingo

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-01 01:15:55

100 NG Logs

Does that count for anything? xD

Happy new years guys :D

Minecraft server: alureon.net

PortalWatch 0.1 Alpha - Download

Sig by illicit

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-01 02:18:24

Happy new year to all

Exp. Points: 23,000

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-01 03:10:11

Not sure if it counts for anything but 7331 posts recently. (Backwards 1337) either way where it counts for something or not it is not really a big deal >_<

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-01 06:46:59

600 Flash Reviews.

Oh yea.

Minecraft server: alureon.net

PortalWatch 0.1 Alpha - Download

Sig by illicit

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-01 07:14:55

Level 22!

Happy new year everyone!

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-01 08:16:02

At 12/29/10 10:37 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 12/28/10 05:41 AM, Auz wrote: Ah, I know how annoying that is. My dad is often turning up his music as well and since the wall between me and his computer room is so thin, I keep hearing the bass through my wall. Even when his music is not even that loud.
Yeah, that stupid bass-thing can be heard nearly everywhere, even when the music itself isn't that loud. What a stupid invention. >_>
Well it can be pretty cool in some songs, but in most songs it just sucks to have the bass turned up like that. My dad's car also has this bass boost build in and you can practically feel the whole car vibrating while the volume of the music is not even turned up that much. I wish I knew how to turn the bass off >.<

Lol, maybe you should have a look at the instruction manual? :P

It's a shame how record companies destroy music and blame it on the customers. :(
I see what you mean there. Although the difference is quite subtle in the video, it makes sense that the quality of the song suffers from it. You're basically not listening to how the song was intended to be.

Yes, most of the changes aren't that obvious, but they are there if you listen closely. Also another thing that shows how stupid this "loudness war" really is: The record companies try to make their bands sound "louder" so that they would stand out. But when played on any radio station it doesn't have any effect. Because radio stations use a compression method themselves, so that every song has the exact same volume! Of course radio stations don't want to have one song appear to be very quiet and the next one really loud. Listeners would complain that they constantly have to change the volume on the radio.

Yes, but the biggest disadvantage of LPs is the fact that you have to change sides after about 30 minutes. XD

At 12/31/10 10:19 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 12/30/10 12:10 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 12/29/10 01:14 PM, Bahamut wrote: You have but myself and Coop haven't. It would be interesting to see both of us staying around on NG for 10 years without a break.
Would be amazing if you could do it. Pimp and bomb did it, but they aren't very active except for depositing their Exp.
Pimp and bomb don't count. They've done hardly anything besides depositing.

It would still be a big thing of both users left NG.

But if it's New Years Day, people WILL be playing music loud.
Not neccessarily. Also, even on New Years Eve the concept of "nighttime peace" holds true. ;)

That's true. But it wasn't so bad after all. I could hear loud music in the living room, but none in the bedroom.

I hate being lonely.
Yes, but if you aren't having fun, she can't miss out on any fun, right?
She left me. D:

T.T

At 12/31/10 12:17 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 12/6/10 05:11 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 11/28/10 09:24 PM, Haggard wrote:
You want some cake?
That'll work.
I'm all out of cake right now, sorry. :(
I'M ALL OUT OF CAKE, TIME TO KICK ASS!

My gf wants to bake a cake today, you want some of it?

YOU VILL GET LESS!
*clears throat*
NEIN! VERBOTEN!
Where is it forbidden for the regulars of Wi/Ht? to get less gfox posts than they want? #;-}>
It's mentioned in the ToS.
The ToS can go fuck itself.

Yes, but you cannot violate the ToS!

Wait, I hope you mean 12 pm, not 12 am. Midnight wedding? O_o
Damn you americans, this 12-hour-clock is just too confusing. I meant 12:00, not 0:00 (24-hour-clock this time). ^^
Personally, I use 24-hour time whenever possible, but I have to mentally convert all the time due to most damned Americans, yes.

I can convert between 12-hour-clock and 24-hour-clock without any trouble (after all, most wrist watches are 12-hour-clocks), but sometimes I am confused by this "am" and "pm" stuff. I don't even know what the hell "am" and "pm" means without looking it up. ^^

"Wahrheitssprecher" just doesn't sound right in german, just like "truthsayer" doesn't sound right in english.
Not as common as truthspeaker, but I've heard truthsayer before. Sounds almost mystic/sage-like. #;-}>

"Wahrheitssprecher" on the other hand just sounds silly. :P

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-01 08:48:58

51,000 medal points

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-01 08:49:05

Happy New Years LUL!

I'll catch-up on gfox' replies later.

At 12/31/10 08:28 AM, Auz wrote: I have no problems with shitty memes disappearing.
Hahahaha, neither do I. Let them rot.

Agreed.

Yeah, I could do with a promotion sometime. Maybe not in the school, though.

Well first a new job offer then, and then a promotion not long afterwards?

At 1/1/11 08:16 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 12/29/10 10:37 AM, Haggard wrote: Yeah, that stupid bass-thing can be heard nearly everywhere, even when the music itself isn't that loud. What a stupid invention. >_>
Lol, maybe you should have a look at the instruction manual? :P

Yeah, but it's my dad's car and I don't know where he keeps the manual. Probably in the car, but heh... over here we're always like: 'Try to figure it out yourself first, then use the manual'.

Yes, most of the changes aren't that obvious, but they are there if you listen closely. Also another thing that shows how stupid this "loudness war" really is: The record companies try to make their bands sound "louder" so that they would stand out. But when played on any radio station it doesn't have any effect. Because radio stations use a compression method themselves, so that every song has the exact same volume! Of course radio stations don't want to have one song appear to be very quiet and the next one really loud. Listeners would complain that they constantly have to change the volume on the radio.

Ah yes, I suppose that's why I occasionally come across 'radio versions' of some songs. It makes sense that radio stations do their best to keep it the same level, and I doubt compressing stuff twice over does any good to the song.

Yes, but the biggest disadvantage of LPs is the fact that you have to change sides after about 30 minutes. XD

At least you have something of a B-sides though. Occasionally artists added some nice tracks to that side.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-01 08:50:09

New Audio: Listen, vote and review, please!

New Monthly Writing Contest

Coop welcomes in the New Year, while congratulating:
1337Ratez2k9: 52,000 Medal Points; Level 22
Hacsev: 1,000 Days on Newgrounds
Toohot100: 19,000 Experience
DiMono: 9,000 Saves; 75,000 Medal Points
reverend: 50,000 Total Points
Hacsev: 2,222 Posts
XwaynecoltX: 23,000 Experience
SeeD419: 600 Reviews (Flash)

Listening to:
Ocean Colour Scene - Hundred Mile High City
Reel Big Fish - Brand New Hero
Queen - I Want To Break Free
Iron Maiden - Judas Be My Guide
Michael Jackson - I Just Can't Stop Loving You

Thank you to:
Odyssic

At 12/29/10 01:14 PM, Bahamut wrote: If we still have our snow icons by the next EXP update, we'll have no mod icons showing up except Wade and liljim.

Looks like you didn't get your wish :P

12th for me. The only one who's standing between you and me is deckheadtottie.
Only until I pass NegativeOne ;)

Yeah, but I'm planning on passing more of the mods by then :P

At 12/31/10 12:11 PM, reverend wrote: You know you're old when you become an uncle like I did this morning. :S

I'm an uncle as well - I've been like that for 18 months,

At 12/30/10 10:00 AM, Coop wrote: At least you're still making up places - NegativeOne could be the first place I make up inside 3 months. That's depressing, because it's only going to get worse :P
Start getting the mods ahead of you tossed. You know you want to.

Tempting, but where's the satisfaction of passing a mod for experience then. They'd just be former mods then.

At 12/31/10 12:15 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 12/6/10 01:25 AM, SeeD419 wrote: I agree that it would be better if it was Coop, since he's actually a nice guy and is active on the BBS.
COOP FOR NG KING!

I shall wear my crown at a jaunty angle then.

At 12/6/10 08:33 AM, Coop wrote:
At 12/5/10 11:22 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Hey, there's nothing wrong with editing out the boring parts of SIX-MONTH-OLD CONVERSATIONS, for the love of god.
Yeah, but we'd already forgotten what we said back then, so we need to be reminded.
So that's my job around here? Reminding you guys of old shit you said that you don't really need to remember? USELESS JOB. ;_;

So long as you're well paid for it, I wouldn't complain ;)

The only thing that would make me take a BBS break is that I keep trying to write these posts and the computer crashes, losing the data in the notepad file. Sure, I can come back to the BBS page I was on, but I can't remember what I've said >:(
Heh.

Gonna have to start using Word, instead.

Well, just as back then actually passing ht52 seemed impossible (but now is quite easy--take it from me!).... Pimp one day too may fall.
One day... *sigh*
Is that a wistful "wishing people wouldn't quit NG" sigh or a "know it's gonna be a long time till I pass Pimp (if ever)" sigh? #;-}>

It's a wistful "I'll get you yet, you SoB!" sigh.

Sweet FA?
"Sweet Fanny Adams" a way of saying "Fuck All" in the 1950s.
I've heard the saying, but not often enough to recognise its acronymisation, I suppose. #;-}>

You learn something new every day, I guess

Coop's fine, just looks a bit naked without the numbers. Wish you'd gone with "coop" and joined us lower-casers. #;-}>

I couldn't do that - that would be like being naked and shaven. Naked is just taking the numbers off, lower case as well would be "on vacation" :P

I never intended to leave. That's the joke. Honestly, it's not funny if you have to explain them.
Indeed. Though their reaction is still funny, if not your original joke. #;-}>
I pity them. Deep deep down.
No you don't! You enjoy their silly misinterpretations!

lolololololol *Troll faic*

At 12/31/10 12:17 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 12/7/10 04:00 AM, Coop wrote: 130,000 Total Points

I'm closing in on the top 10. I just need a little more impetus.
QUICK! ISCRULZ AND DREAMOFDUKE ARE BOTH LESS THAN 10 POINTS BEHIND YOU! GET A MOVE ON, COOP!

I think I've passed ReconRebel today as well :D 11th!

At 12/12/10 06:06 AM, Coop wrote: Well, we'll have to wait and see. I have yet to buy a Dragonforce album. I might get Inhuman Rampage and this next one, if it's not so stale, but I'll wait and see.
I like about half the tracks on Inhuman Rampage. There's a bit of "they all sound the same" to many of the tracks, but it's definitely a high-energy CD. Good for listening to at work on 2 hours of sleep and tons of increasingly-ineffective coffee. </signed endorsement>

I'll take your word for it. I'm looking for things to spend my £15 iTunes voucher on.

So far the list is:

Richard Marxx - Hazard
Pantera - Walk
Die Toten Hosen - Hier Kommt Alex

I'll fit more on there, so we'll just have to take some more time.

At 12/31/10 03:20 PM, RohantheBarbarian wrote: Hey guys, before I disappear into the shadows again I wanted to wish a happy new year to every one of the Wi/Ht and LUL regulars!

Happy New Year, you shadowy spectre, you.

At 1/1/11 07:28 AM, Odyssic wrote: Just a quick question for mods of Wi/Ht? Do family and friends know about Newgrounds and that you're a mod on here?

Yeah, sometimes I regale them with tales of me sailing the seas of cyberspace and the bans I have issued.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-01 10:03:16

nice, level 22

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-01 11:05:07

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Listening to:

Accept - Blood of the Nations

Thanks to:

Odyssic
Coop

At 12/31/10 12:11 PM, reverend wrote:
At 12/30/10 08:15 AM, Bahamut wrote: Yeah, I don't want them to be up for long. From the looks of it, we'll still have them for next week so prepare for a winter EXP update.
We should get a groundhog to predict if it's going to be a long cold winter here on NG. :P

Hahahaha, how silly that thought was. Now our icons are back to normal.

At 12/31/10 12:16 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 12/6/10 12:31 PM, Bahamut wrote: True that. He left well before I even had a chance to discover this site. Heh, funny how his last post talks about him being 18th in the B/P ranks. That's where I am right now! I heard he had to leave NG due to paying too much attention on this site and not enough on his studies. I remember one user claiming that but it's hard to say if it's true or not. It's a shame he hasn't returned since.
Don't follow in his footsteps there just 'cause you're #18 in b/p, damnit! #;-}>

Hey, I'm not a student anymore.

Yeah, he got in trouble with his parents for being on NG too much. He's a fucking adult by far now, so where the hell is he? GET BACK HERE, DAMNIT. #;-}>

I guess he just moved on from the site and realised that he's doing better without this site.

I'll come across it whenever I reply to those posts. I'm thinking after I check up on the other forums and depositing my alts, I'll finish off the Sam & Max episode I'm on and then go through your replies. If I still have time after that, why not go for more Sam & Max?
Sounded like a plan, was a plan, lots of Sam & Max was had by ze Bahamut, that's for sure. #;-}>

Yep, I went through all 16 episodes. I enjoyed them all but the ending to season 3 really irked me. However, I'm sure it's only a plot point for the fourth season. It'll be a while until the next season of Sam & Max, though. Right now Telltale Games are working on Back to the Future games and after that it'll be Jurassic Park. I'm hoping they do Sam & Max season 4 afterwards but I have a feeling we'll have more Monkey Island first. If Telltale have so many games to work on, I wonder if they can expand their company and be able to work on more than one game at a time.

That isn't even manners at all. Who even uses their feet for knives and forks at a dinner table anyway?
A dragon who feels like it?

I don't see why any sane dragon would do that.

Someday Dani and I'll get over to Europe. Unless we're in Japan. And then you'd be right about holding the meetup there. Hah!

Europe? Sounds promising but something tells me Japan is more likely for you, lol.

I'd ask him on Twitter but he already explained his situation. Hmm, come to think about it, I haven't seen him on TF2 for a while now.
</no idea what was going on in this portion>

Sir-Nuts and his Wi/Ht? activities.

VINTAGE HATS UNUSUAL HATS PAINTED HATS RENAMED HATS TRADING HATS

That good enough?
Getting there.

almost to the point of climax:::

DESCRIPTION TAGS!

Am I missing something?

At 12/31/10 03:20 PM, RohantheBarbarian wrote: Hey guys, before I disappear into the shadows again I wanted to wish a happy new year to every one of the Wi/Ht and LUL regulars!

Same to you Rohan. This year should be good for both us, especially when we both turn 21.

At 1/1/11 07:28 AM, Odyssic wrote: Just a quick question for mods of Wi/Ht? Do family and friends know about Newgrounds and that you're a mod on here?

My friends who know this site are aware of my modship on NG. As for family, only my sister knows about it. I wouldn't really care if my parents found out about this site at this point.

At 1/1/11 08:16 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 12/31/10 10:19 AM, Bahamut wrote: Pimp and bomb don't count. They've done hardly anything besides depositing.
It would still be a big thing of both users left NG.

Of course. If both left, that's two more ranks for all of us.

That's true. But it wasn't so bad after all. I could hear loud music in the living room, but none in the bedroom.

They've had their fun now.

She left me. D:
T.T

Oh, turns out she falsely accepted to a proposal in the General forum. All is good again.

At 1/1/11 08:49 AM, Auz wrote:
At 12/31/10 10:19 AM, Bahamut wrote: Yeah, I could do with a promotion sometime. Maybe not in the school, though.
Well first a new job offer then, and then a promotion not long afterwards?

Promotion could take a while but considering we're talking about myself in 3 years time (it is now considering it's 2011), I've got plenty of time.

At 1/1/11 08:50 AM, Coop wrote: New Audio: Listen, vote and review, please!
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/3 87645

I like but I wish you sung it as well.

Looks like you didn't get your wish :P

Uhh, whoops. :P Oh well, if we get snow icons again this year I can easily slip in a special update around Christmas.

Yeah, but I'm planning on passing more of the mods by then :P

True that. You have life and Evark quite close to you and once you overtake them, it'll be ages until I get close to them, unless there's a sudden decline. I shouldn't count on it, though since it's not very likely.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-01 11:09:24

Level 29.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-01 16:27:02

At 12/31/10 12:16 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 12/6/10 10:08 AM, Auz wrote: You can retake the bet anytime you like ;)
I SHALL REFRAIN.

Pussy!

Well I can't remember what we were talking about anyway. Probably some U2 stuff amongst other things.
Prolly. Did enough talking of U2 in our profiles as well aways back.

Ah yes, I remember. News posts aren't exactly the best place to hold such long conversations =/

Speaking of U2, have you been to their latest show or not? Also, I've heard they're gonna release a new album early next year.
Ever since I couldn't get to the 360 tour stop here, I hadn't heard about them coming to town. If they did and I missed out AGAIN, I'll be pissed. ;_;

Shame you've missed it. It was an interesting tour, the stage design was pretty cool as you probably already know. Oh well... you can always get the live Blu-ray at the Rosebowl. At least you'll experience it a little bit, if you have some decent speakers that is.

We have confirmed the problem then. Time to do something about it.
Please don't hack/steal my Steam account, sir! ;_;

I was actually thinking that we should nip it in the bud and just delete your accounts.

But come on, it's the prime number 3 times the prime number 7. What comes out are two of the most primary prime numbers in existence (counting 1 as a prime number). I always thought you hated those with a passion...
Yeah, well.... 7 + 3 + 7 + 3 + 7 + 3 + 3 + 3 = 36, too, but I don't hate 36 for it.

I don't hate prime numbers in general, though I don't particularly them, either.... as I like most evens better than odds, and odds that are divisible by lots of #s over ones that aren't... there's only one prime number I truly hate, and that'd be 37, of course. #;-}>

Ah, so we actually have some sort of order of which beats what.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-01 17:36:43

53k medal points.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-01 21:19:53

Only one obstacle left to overcome, just hit the second-highest rank!

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge