00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kangeroodude just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Atheist Army

230,926 Views | 3,464 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-04-08 20:30:50

At 4/8/09 05:04 PM, DocSprite wrote: Yesterday, I came to a conclusion.

Theists aren't right. Atheists aren't right either.

Theists have no proof that there isn't a god. Atheists have no proof that there isn't a god.

Yes, but atheists have logic.

If you are a theist, you should believe in The Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus, Chupercabra, Eater Bunny, too.

All of those creatures have no proof, but you don't believe in them right?

Same goes with God.

God and mythical creatures are both things that no one has truly hear, saw, touched, smelled. There is absolutely no real film on them. And everything known about them is passed down my legend and legend only.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-04-08 20:50:05

You're fucking shitting me.

I leave newgrounds for five goddamn minutes and this thread becomes popular again. >:[

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-04-08 20:58:34

Theists have no proof that there isn't a god. Atheists have no proof that there isn't a god.

Of course, that's the point of religion, if a religion is proven, then it wouldn't be religion, it would be fact.

eh.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-04-08 21:19:04

At 4/8/09 08:30 PM, InnerChild548 wrote:
Yes, but atheists have logic.

Yes, but that is not solid proof. You may think you are wrong, but you don't KNOW for sure. None of us were there all those billions of years ago.

All of those creatures have no proof, but you don't believe in them right?

To tell the truth, I'm kinda leaning toward the Chupacabra. Or whatever the hell it is.

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-04-08 21:19:08

Basically as innerchild said, you don't need to disprove something in science. You just need to prove its right. Its actually impossible to disprove anything.

At 4/8/09 08:50 PM, SadisticMonkey wrote: You're fucking shitting me.

I leave newgrounds for five goddamn minutes and this thread becomes popular again. >:[

Im trying.

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-04-11 21:18:23

Appeal to ignorance fallacy.

However, you are permitted to not accept a claim God exists based on a lack of evidence. Which is what Atheists do. Theists are the only ones making absolute assertions.

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-04-11 21:47:36

I am your God obey or suffer my wreathe you non believers.

I live in fire and pain. The turmoild of the world is your problem

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-04-11 21:53:42

At 4/11/09 09:47 PM, incisor wrote: I am your God obey or suffer my wreathe you non believers.

Job: Grim Reaper

No you're not you liar. Now go collect some souls before I beat the bones out of you.

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-04-12 00:59:39

So It's now Easter...The Cosmic Jewish Zombie has RISEN!!!! RUN AWAY!!!!

btw where the fuck did the rabbit come from?

Thanks to Kalhua for creating my awesome sig!

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-04-12 12:09:05

I don't know about you guys, but until I move out I'm not letting my Catholic dad know I'm atheist. So, I had to attend church this Easter morning and worship the zombie jew. Apparently, and I quote the pastor, "Atheists are very militant about this. Trying to convince us that we are wrong.". This being just after he said there is only one witness who saw Jesus "rise from the dead". One grieving witness in the early morning after walking for miles. One witness who saw this.

And that led to this thought: According to the Catholic tradition, Jesus died for our sins, and was raised 3 days later. If he were to truly have "died for our sins", shouldn't his ass still be sweatin' it out in hell? Didn't he kind of cheat? I just thought that was funny and you might enjoy that.

If life gives you lemons, read the fine print; chances are, there's a monthly fee attached.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-04-12 15:04:25

I need to join this. I have so many opinions and theories on how there is no deity, and I believe my logic infallible. Hopefully you guys can help me better my theories and logic.

I'll share once I'm in.

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-04-12 16:16:48

At 4/12/09 03:04 PM, DeathNoteetoNhtaeD wrote: I need to join this. I have so many opinions and theories on how there is no deity, and I believe my logic infallible. Hopefully you guys can help me better my theories and logic.
I'll share once I'm in.

You're in (that's assuming I'm still a member)

Infallible? Without critical thinking and experience by applying your logic I doubt it's infallible. I've been debating here and on other websites for 3 years and my logic isn't infallible.

But share my good sir.

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-04-12 18:17:01

If killing is against the Ten Commandments, then why did Christians burn and hang non-believers.

Eh?

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-04-12 18:59:26

At 4/12/09 12:09 PM, Patton3 wrote: I don't know about you guys, but until I move out I'm not letting my Catholic dad know I'm atheist. So, I had to attend church this Easter morning and worship the zombie jew.

If you were born into religion how did you become an atheist?
I like reading stories like these.

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-04-12 20:21:21

At 4/12/09 04:16 PM, Brick-top wrote: But share my good sir.

What I mean is that there's nothing to differentiate any god from an imaginary friend, the monster in the closet, or Santa Claus. Once people stop believing in them, they disappear. So many gods are considered dead now, like the Norse, Greek, Egyptian, and Sumerian gods. And when it's so common for an all powerful deity to pathetically die out due to his followers weakness, then it's just folly to believe that they exist, that your god deserves to exist more simply because he's your god. And it's shameful that this is how most Christians I know see it. Of course they won't admit it, but it is inferable.

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-04-12 22:13:11

mind if i join in???

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-04-13 12:13:46

At 4/12/09 10:13 PM, dan00012 wrote: mind if i join in???

Are you an atheist? If you are, then join.
Post alot.

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-04-13 15:16:21

At 4/13/09 12:13 PM, aninjaman wrote:
Post alot.

would i be here if i wasn't

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-04-13 22:07:41

At 4/13/09 03:16 PM, dan00012 wrote:
At 4/13/09 12:13 PM, aninjaman wrote:
Post alot.
would i be here if i wasn't

It happens.
But welcome, don't spam.

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-04-14 13:42:33

This club has a very off-on relationship with activeness.

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-04-14 17:53:48

At 4/12/09 06:59 PM, aninjaman wrote:
At 4/12/09 12:09 PM, Patton3 wrote: I don't know about you guys, but until I move out I'm not letting my Catholic dad know I'm atheist. So, I had to attend church this Easter morning and worship the zombie jew.
I like reading stories like these.

I started to become skeptical when I was about 12. At the time, I was attending a fairly large catholic middle school here in Indiana. I started noticing in religion classes just ho far fetched many of these stories and beliefs are. Now, you're probably thinking, " How the fuck did you not pick up on that sooner?". My only answer is that when you're whole family is religious, and you're surrounded by other religious people the entire school day, including 50 minutes of religion class, it becomes a sort of gang mentality. Anywho, I started becoming interested in things like history and science as I'm sure you well know ninja. This was tangible, there was evidence, there was FACT. My skepticism grew deeper. I then became a lover of history, as well as a fairly avid man of science which deepened my skepticism even further, so much I wouldn't even call myself Catholic. I was 13 going on 14 at this point.

It should also be noted that like many at this Catholic school, I was conservative. Then, I found I had an interest in politics, soon after, I found I agreed more with liberalism. Back to the main story I thankfully attended a public high school, where I was exposed to so many more opinions than the same old Conserative Catholicism. I was know comfortable with calling myself agnostic. I remained kind of in limbo between religion and atheism, being that for so many years I was Catholic. Just recently, I have found I can freely and openly call myself an atheist, and stand my ground.

On a few ending notes, it's not that I'm afraid of my dad, that's just some crap I'd rather not have to put up with for the next couple years, being that my dad is incredibly intolerant. As well, since Catholic sacraments are performed before a person can possibly understand the full implications of recieving them, I am, on the books, a confirmed Catholic.

And on an unrelated topic, I'm thinking of starting a club for fans and writers of political satire, any thoughts?

If life gives you lemons, read the fine print; chances are, there's a monthly fee attached.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-04-14 18:12:59

At 4/12/09 06:59 PM, aninjaman wrote:

In 8th grade when we studied evolution, I realized it's right.

eh.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-04-14 18:14:05

At 4/14/09 05:53 PM, Patton3 wrote: As well, since Catholic sacraments are performed before a person can possibly understand the full implications of recieving them, I am, on the books, a confirmed Catholic.

If you don't believe in the Catholic religion then do the sacrements matter?
Religion in my family is so strange. The topic is so off-limits that I don't even know the religious affilation of my family members.

And on an unrelated topic, I'm thinking of starting a club for fans and writers of political satire, any thoughts?

Except that club could easily get divided along political lines. For example, I consider Glenn Beck funny and I have watched his show just because I consider him entertaining but there could be someone that agrees with his point of view.

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-04-14 19:00:09

At 4/14/09 06:14 PM, aninjaman wrote:
At 4/14/09 05:53 PM, Patton3 wrote:
If you don't believe in the Catholic religion then do the sacrements matter?
Religion in my family is so strange. The topic is so off-limits that I don't even know the religious affilation of my family members.

Not so much I suppose. It's still kind of odd being a confirmed Catholic who is actually an atheist.

Except that club could easily get divided along political lines. For example, I consider Glenn Beck funny and I have watched his show just because I consider him entertaining but there could be someone that agrees with his point of view.

Very true. I'll tinker with the idea a bit more.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-04-14 23:43:38

i found a great way to assure myself that aethiesm is the right choice the other day i watched the 700 club

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-04-16 05:52:46

At 4/12/09 08:21 PM, DeathNoteetoNhtaeD wrote: Of course they won't admit it, but it is inferable.

I used to use that argument. However using it you'll get "those were false gods, I KNOW my God is the true one" in it's entirety.

Some seem to think anecdotal accounts and their explanation of the unexplained (E.g. We don't know how 'this' and 'that' works so God must've done it.) is enough to fully accept the concept of God. Doing this is a hypocritical act. They don't accept other things based on the same reason people become Atheist.

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-04-16 09:30:24

it's not about proving God exists or doesn't, it's about providing any evidence of God's fingertips. If there is lots of evidence that natural processes happened to create Earth and then life and not one single bit of evidence towards God, then a reasonable person would not believe in God.

I don't want to see the word 'proof' though, i.e., religious people should 'prove' God. They should just provide one decent example of evidence, like the copious amount of evidence we have for our materialist world-view.

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-04-16 18:59:05

At 4/16/09 09:30 AM, JesusBukkake wrote: I don't want to see the word 'proof' though, i.e., religious people should 'prove' God. They should just provide one decent example of evidence, like the copious amount of evidence we have for our materialist world-view.

Well that is proof.
Also ITS CALLED A THEORY BECAUSE IT HAS PROOF. EVOLOUTION CAN'T BE PROVED 100% BUT IT HAS PROOF TO BACK IT UP. THATS WHY ITS A THEORY.
I just so angry when people don't get the definition of theory. All biology classes should hammer down the true defintion of theory.

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-04-17 06:04:08

it has EVIDENCE to back it up, unlike religion. There's no 'proof', just evidence. Try not to use the word 'proof' in religious debates, make it about evidence.

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-04-17 16:41:09

The proof I denmand is evidence.
But whatever.