00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zpredojev just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Atheist Army

228,045 Views | 3,464 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-10-17 21:53:54

Veinsonfire has found Jesus for real?

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-10-17 21:55:54

At 10/17/07 09:53 PM, Earfetish wrote: Veinsonfire has found Jesus for real?

Praise be to Allah, the benevolent, mercyful...

Sig made by azteca89

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-10-18 02:51:49

I thought I saw jesus walking down the street once, but it turned out to be ted nugent.

Me: sex is fun God: it is more fun alone.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-10-18 03:43:21

At 10/15/07 10:34 AM, VeinsOnFire wrote: I'm sorry I can't form part of this anymore as I have found Jesus.

Oh really? Would you mind telling us where he is?

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-10-18 08:44:32

I think he's just pulling our legs.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-10-19 02:27:35

New Joiner! Any form of a belief in anything 'supernatural' is just plain dumb.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-10-19 05:28:19

I'm in! And people say that I look like Jesus :) So I can be like, a spy or something! :)

You shouldn't believe that you have the right of free thinking, it's a threat to our democracy.

Med all respekt för alla rika svin jag känner - ni blir aldrig mina vänner.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-10-19 15:58:13

At 10/19/07 05:28 AM, Sajberhippien wrote: I'm in! And people say that I look like Jesus :) So I can be like, a spy or something! :)

That's funny.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-10-20 21:56:17

Are we on our second stroke or what?

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-10-20 23:48:36

meh...i dont think religion is pointless per say...but merly a handle that some people use to take a grasp on in life....while i am still an atheist i dont plan on joining your club any time soon if you dont respect other(dumbass's)belifes

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-10-21 12:08:49

At 10/20/07 11:03 PM, chocolate-penguin wrote: Stuff

PM sent.

At 10/20/07 11:48 PM, unknownrocker wrote: meh...i dont think religion is pointless per say...but merly a handle that some people use to take a grasp on in life....while i am still an atheist i dont plan on joining your club any time soon if you dont respect other(dumbass's)belifes

I don't think that either. But you're generalizing all Atheists thinking that we think that religion is bad/wrong/evil/dumb etc. Which could be true to some, but not others.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-10-21 13:00:03

by "if ~you~ dont respect others belifes" i was pointing more towards the person who started this club...

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-10-21 13:33:03

Religion doesn't deserve respect. If you want someone to respect what you believe, then at least make your beliefs resonable.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-10-21 17:32:19

At 10/21/07 12:08 PM, Brick-top wrote: I don't think that either. But you're generalizing all Atheists thinking that we think that religion is bad/wrong/evil/dumb etc. Which could be true to some, but not others.

Thank you Brick-Top.

I've made a return to Newgrounds and was on the fence on whether or not to join this club for that very reason. Atheist who say all organized religion is one of the above that you mentioned, are just as a bad as the upholders of said organized religion. It infuriates me to see someone anyone, completely shut out all opposing information, flawed or not, and to patronize the speaker. When it boils down to it, all we know is that we can't know. Its beyond humans to know whats after death. So for anyone to claim that they have the truth, is absolutely ludicrous. As Voltaire said "Doubt is an unpleasant condition, but certainty is absurd."

Take for example what distantgamer just said,

At 10/21/07 01:33 PM, distantgamer wrote: Religion doesn't deserve respect. If you want someone to respect what you believe, then at least make your beliefs reasonable.

The problem with that is that their so called "unreasonable logic" is supposedly on another plain of existence, therefore being exempt from the rules of our world. Now this obviously circular logic, but thats a diffrent matter altogether. My point is unless we have definitive proof of either the existence or absence of god, we must accept that all debate and discussion is purely for the pleasure and sport of it, and should not pretend to solve the matter all together. To take the extra step and actually disrespect someones beliefs is down right insane. Beliefs are named so because they do not require proof. Neither side has so all we can do is believe we have the right answer. Don't fuck with people just because you perceive them to have a flawed view of the world. Theres never any need to disrespect someone. If their naivety really bothers you, let the Just-World Phenomenon and its flaws take care of them.

Fact of the matter is get off the high horse and don't fuck with people, because thats why religious people fuck with us.

Its the internet. Quit bitching and get over yourself.

People I heart: Dropkicked, Mendou, Animetal, Jew193, Fremen

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-10-21 18:26:19

At 10/21/07 05:32 PM, CynicalScythe wrote:
At 10/21/07 12:08 PM, Brick-top wrote: I don't think that either. But you're generalizing all Atheists thinking that we think that religion is bad/wrong/evil/dumb etc. Which could be true to some, but not others.
Thank you Brick-Top.

You're welcome.

I've made a return to Newgrounds and was on the fence on whether or not to join this club for that very reason. Atheist who say all organized religion is one of the above that you mentioned, are just as a bad as the upholders of said organized religion. It infuriates me to see someone anyone, completely shut out all opposing information, flawed or not, and to patronize the speaker. When it boils down to it, all we know is that we can't know. Its beyond humans to know whats after death. So for anyone to claim that they have the truth, is absolutely ludicrous. As Voltaire said "Doubt is an unpleasant condition, but certainty is absurd."

I totally agree. Anyone who says "I know" Instead of "I believe/think" is a fool.

I once watched a video on Youtube (can't remember it's name) and it was a Christian talking about debating religion.

And he basically said not to debate or argue. Just believe what you want to believe and keep it to yourself. Don't question other people's beliefs, don't argue with anyone or anything that opposes your beliefs or ideas, don't stereotype or hate. Just be happy with who you are and what you're doing and enjoy your life. Avoid religious confrontation and stop thinking you're right and everyone else is wrong.

Well he said something like that I can't remember, I was drunk at the time.

Then I thought "This man, is truly great" He has done something that......I cannot even grasp or comprehend. I wish, that with all of my heart, that everyone (including myself) was like this. Where they accepted other peoples beliefs.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-10-21 18:30:36

I have to agree. Except with the one little bit about not arguing. Arguments are fine, discussions are fine i dont see why arguing always has a negative connotation. As long as you're not yelling, and theres an actual exchange of ideas, arguing is a method of growth. Discussion and arguments are the fastest way to refine, discover, and exchange ideas. Also the most enjoyable.

Its the internet. Quit bitching and get over yourself.

People I heart: Dropkicked, Mendou, Animetal, Jew193, Fremen

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-10-21 18:45:57

At 10/21/07 06:30 PM, CynicalScythe wrote: I have to agree. Except with the one little bit about not arguing. Arguments are fine, discussions are fine i dont see why arguing always has a negative connotation. As long as you're not yelling, and theres an actual exchange of ideas, arguing is a method of growth. Discussion and arguments are the fastest way to refine, discover, and exchange ideas. Also the most enjoyable.

It's all good and well, that is of course you are discussing with people who have the same intelligence of knowledge than you.

For example, any religious opinion my brother says I can pretty much refute. However I couldn't do this with Richard Dawkins.

And they're people who are just out to Gun each other down possibly due to hatred.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-10-21 19:43:48

At 10/20/07 11:03 PM, chocolate-penguin wrote: PM me if you want to start some shit, I don't feel like coming back to this lukewarm pool of idiots.

I very much dislike Islam, you condescending fuckhead.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-10-21 19:58:53

At 10/21/07 07:43 PM, Earfetish wrote:
At 10/20/07 11:03 PM, chocolate-penguin wrote: PM me if you want to start some shit, I don't feel like coming back to this lukewarm pool of idiots.

He's a troll who can't see past his own stupidity. Ignore it.

Besides I did PM him giving him hassel.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-10-21 20:46:17

Is it okay to be an atheist and a spiritualist at the same time? :P

On a moving train there are no centrists, only radicals and reactionaries.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-10-21 20:55:52

At 10/21/07 08:15 PM, chocolate-penguin wrote: K? So bye.

Maybe I didn't respond to you because I didn't want to talk to a condescending fuckhead.

Go to one of the other religious crews and start spouting off like this; very rarely do I feel compelled to point out that the person being a self-righteous idiot is 14 years old, but today, to you, I do. Fuck off, you acne-scarred teenager, as if I want to engage you in fucking debate on a subject you think is unimportant.

Religion sucks, fuck religion. Turn on the fucking news and tell me religion isn't important.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-10-21 21:54:53

At 10/21/07 09:19 PM, chocolate-penguin wrote: I find this hilarious you're getting so worked up because I bashed Islam and just think it's stupid that you're making a crew JUST TO DISCUSS HOW POINTLESS SOMETHING IS.

I'm not getting worked up, don't flatter yourself. I just think you're an idiotic trolling kid. I'm far to e-experienced to get worked up by your likes.

I made this crew because I'm anti-theist, anti-religious, I think religion is a bad force. Maybe if you'd read the first page you would've got it. I also made it because arguing about religion is often entertaining, especially with a majority of atheists.
:I'm not even religious, so stop telling me to go to another thread.
I was saying, you would never act like such a cock in another religious thread, because you would realise you were being a cock. For some reason, you think it's acceptable to act like a cock to atheists.

Just answer this.

Why is it you made a thread just to say something is pointless? That is
exactly like engaging in something pointless.

Because religion sucks; it's not pointless, it's not just stone-age mental clutter, people kill and die for it and waste their time with it and argue in the political sphere with it and protest for it and bomb embassies for it and fight over Iraq for it; turn on the fucking news.

I had already answered that in my quoted post, actually.

Fuck off.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-10-22 06:29:38

Does worshipping in the religon "Newgroundism" count as a religon?

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-10-22 11:06:07

At 10/21/07 08:15 PM, chocolate-penguin wrote:
At 10/21/07 07:58 PM, Brick-top wrote:
At 10/21/07 07:43 PM, Earfetish wrote:
He's a troll who can't see past his own stupidity. Ignore it.

Besides I did PM him giving him hassel.
A troll who can't see past his own stupidity? Oh wow, that's creative.

I'm always creative, now make me a sammich bitch lol

No, seriously. For a second I thought you might have called me ignorant or some other stupid word 95% of the Internet population uses when they're trying to position themselves higher than someone else.

Yes you're right, I'm sorry.

You are ignorant.

Also, you didn't feel the need to PM me, did you? You just wanted to pretend I wouldn't come back and that your little delightful comment would just be ignored

Actually I was assuming you would spill the PM here or in General and it would continue the conversation. Or you reply something stupid.

so you'd be happy and frollock with a bunch of homosexuals in a circle jerk founding a club on how they don't believe in something.

Oh be nice (giggles)

lol

I didn't really mean to offend you poor sensitive souls, I was just wondering what's the point in making this club if you're just going to discuss something you claim is pointless and that *MOST* of the thread revolves around Christianity and Christianity alone in discussion.

I'll say again, if you're going to look at it like that, what's the point in the Catholic or Jew crew? And again this is an American website so the main focus is going to be Christianity.

Oh well, maybe now you can sue me because you're unhappy I offended you, just like most atheists do when they don't like that their little mortified children had to do the unspeakable act of saying "Under God" in the pledge of allegiance.

Well Christians decided it needed to be added, IN THE FUCKING 50's!!! There was no point in adding it. Besides would you feel different if your kids were forced to say "In Allah we trust"? Besides, I couldn't give a shit either way.

Why I came back, I don't even know. But seriously, I'm just waiting for an answer to why this was even founded if it is just discussing something that shouldn't even deserve any attention. Is it to try to make people who believe in religion just be atheists and lose all their values of morality and law?

That's where your good argument ends and your stupidity begins, you think that you need religion to have good morals and the 80% of the American prison population says a different story.

So we're just around to try and convert religious people? Do we have missionaries? Don't think so, do we have Churches telling people "The good word"? Probably not, do we have countless TV shows and radio stations shouting our beliefs? Possibly but I've never seen one, however go to the upper part of Florida and every 30 feet there's a church, radio station or TV show telling you the word of God. Do we try and shuv our beliefs down our kids throats because we think that they're going to be punished when they die? Maybe but not likely.

Because really that's basically what Newgrounds is: a cesspool of acne scarred teenaged nerds and fucked up people desperately clinging to the fact that maybe someday they will be accepted by a society that clearly could do without them.

Yep and you're evident of this.

K? So bye.

Bye?

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-10-22 13:35:56

In regards to 'under God' in the Pledge of Allegiance, which was added in the 50s because commies don't believe in God and not because America is supposed to be a Christian nation that puts God above all else, how would Christians like it if atheists slipped in 'there is no God' into any of the proclamations, or if 'under God' was replaced by 'more important than any religion' or even 'under no Gods'?

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-10-22 14:19:51

At 10/22/07 01:35 PM, Earfetish wrote: In regards to 'under God' in the Pledge of Allegiance, which was added in the 50s because commies don't believe in God and not because America is supposed to be a Christian nation that puts God above all else, how would Christians like it if atheists slipped in 'there is no God' into any of the proclamations, or if 'under God' was replaced by 'more important than any religion' or even 'under no Gods'?

'Under God' Is in the pledge of Allegiance yet 'Under God' was added in 1954.

The phrase 'In God we trust' wasn't put on money by the founding fathers. It was put on the coin 1864 and on the $1 bill in 1957.
More info here.

Indeed I agree with you. Besides most kids choose not to say it, how can parents force them not to say when they are not there to see if they don't say it?

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-10-22 14:28:02

I've just noticed something.

chocolate-penguin asked what was the point in this club. And I've noticed that this club is only alive when assholes come here shuving their beliefs or idea's down our throats.

So I have an answer chocolate-penguin.

It's so tempered assholes like you can piss and moan while thinking you're right about everything.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-10-22 14:31:12

I don't even see the point of the words 'under God', I would say that it's regressive. Iran and other theocracies reckons that God is more important than the state, which is exactly what 'under God' is saying. Stating that your country is under God is the first step towards theocracy, religious intolerance, and suicide bombing, and it's pretty rotten that it's state-mandated and worse that the majority vehemently agrees with it (and some agnostics and atheists think it's not worth moaning about). It might not be a big deal, but if atheists DIDN'T oppose it then religious people could get similar statements everywhere and the ten commandments everywhere and then the next thing you know the most powerful country is as regressive and dangerous as some Middle Eastern theocracy.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-10-22 14:52:04

can i join
religion is a load of bollocks

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-10-22 16:36:36

At 10/22/07 02:31 PM, Earfetish wrote: I don't even see the point of the words 'under God',

Yeah ok sure whatever man. I just think it's pointless but that's good to.