00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

concavepgons just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Ng Gym

127,189 Views | 2,009 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Ng Gym 2006-02-05 20:49:03

I'm all for starting to work out but, your friend will die or otherwise fail miserably. Sorry Legend

Response to The Ng Gym 2006-02-05 20:58:37

hey, don't apologize, hes the one who brags all the time.

Response to The Ng Gym 2006-02-09 09:39:27

hey guys I posted about this thing before but I actually got to try one the other day. It was pretty amazing. I was on it for thirty seconds in a position as if I were doing a dip, with my feet on the floor and the next day everything from anterior deltoid back was on fire. and I did fewer sets and reps with weights than I normally would.
http://www.peaceprog..ives/index.php?id=11

I'll see if I can find the guys card tonight and I'll post tomorrow with his site

Response to The Ng Gym 2006-02-11 19:24:24

www.wavexercise.com

aparently it increases your recovery time, HGH levels, testosterone, and it drops your cortisol levels. REDICULOUS

Response to The Ng Gym 2006-02-12 01:19:19

It feels great to get back into shape... I've started to lose more weight and im starting to be able to see my abs too :D

Thanks nightmareLeecher for the sig.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Gym 2006-02-12 14:23:36

At 2/11/06 09:39 PM, DaSadGirl wrote: . So, my question is for those of you people that know about this machine more than I do, is it possible for me to fold it and put it under my bed without having to take it apart?

( 15

I know nothing of the machine. Its my belief that those machines are over priced and break easily.You better of just doing good ol' fashioned crunches,leg lifts and curls.Those machines are a bit dodgie..

At 2/12/06 01:19 AM, -Superman- wrote: It feels great to get back into shape... I've started to lose more weight and im starting to be able to see my abs too :D

I know what you mean.When I started getting in better shape I felt better,looked better and had more confidence.

Response to The Ng Gym 2006-02-13 21:39:22

At 2/12/06 02:23 PM, VirginLungs wrote: I know what you mean.When I started getting in better shape I felt better,looked better and had more confidence.

Yeah i'm feeling all of that right now...

Thanks nightmareLeecher for the sig.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Gym 2006-02-14 12:39:23

At 2/12/06 02:23 PM, VirginLungs wrote: I know what you mean.When I started getting in better shape I felt better,looked better and had more confidence.

I've only been back to working out for like a 2 weeks, and obviously there hasn't been a big physical difference. But mentally I feel a lot better.
Compared to how I felt beforehand anyway.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Gym 2006-02-14 15:06:03

At 2/14/06 12:39 PM, -Nev- wrote:

I've only been back to working out for like a 2 weeks, and obviously there hasn't been a big physical difference. But mentally I feel a lot better.
Compared to how I felt beforehand anyway.

What sort of adjustments have you made to your diet?

Response to The Ng Gym 2006-02-14 16:16:19

At 2/14/06 03:06 PM, VirginLungs wrote: What sort of adjustments have you made to your diet?

None really, I've never eaten bad. But I've cut all crap out... chocolate bars and stuff like that.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Gym 2006-02-14 16:17:53

-Nev- I like I like this this atmosphere it's nice and I would comadate in joining.

In order to become a Leader... U must first serve as a follower

History Crew

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Gym 2006-02-14 17:13:56

At 2/14/06 04:16 PM, -Nev- wrote:
At 2/14/06 03:06 PM, VirginLungs wrote: What sort of adjustments have you made to your diet?
None really, I've never eaten bad. But I've cut all crap out... chocolate bars and stuff like that.

Haha, dude, your 16. Don't worry so much about you're diet yet...Just worry about the amount of excercise you do. Try not to do to much cardio because it destroys muscle fiber and practically trashes the weight training you do..

STAY AWAY FROM CARDIO.

Response to The Ng Gym 2006-02-14 19:08:44

At 2/14/06 05:13 PM, SenseOfDanger wrote:
At 2/14/06 04:16 PM, -Nev- wrote:
Haha, dude, your 16. Don't worry so much about you're diet yet...Just worry about the amount of excercise you do. Try not to do to much cardio because it destroys muscle fiber and practically trashes the weight training you do..

STAY AWAY FROM CARDIO.

He isn't concentrating on weight training, he wants to lose weight.Cardio is essential.Cardio = burning calories.Burning calories = losing weight.

You could do a shit load of weight training and hope to gain muscle, hense burn calories faster.Still, it would be quicker to have a decent cardio routine then that option.

Response to The Ng Gym 2006-02-15 09:54:10

IF he's trying to get in shape for beach season, he should mostly work on getting rid of fat with his cardio. if he's working out just for the sake of it and it's an actual lifestyle choice I would suggest a balance of both without specific emphasis on either... he'll eventually have more muscle mass and as long as he keeps up the progressions he'll be fine. If you've been here all along you know everything you need to.
Hell I've only been around for half the thread and aside from actual execution of proper form (which is best told, seen, practiced and critiqued) even an absolute newbie could have a pretty solid program if they have at least half a brain.
Kudos VL

Response to The Ng Gym 2006-02-15 11:51:06

At 2/15/06 09:54 AM, seeingeyeturtle wrote: IF he's trying to get in shape for beach season, he should mostly work on getting rid of fat with his cardio. if he's working out just for the sake of it and it's an actual lifestyle choice I would suggest a balance of both without specific emphasis on either... he'll eventually have more muscle mass and as long as he keeps up the progressions he'll be fine. If you've been here all along you know everything you need to.
Hell I've only been around for half the thread and aside from actual execution of proper form (which is best told, seen, practiced and critiqued) even an absolute newbie could have a pretty solid program if they have at least half a brain.
Kudos VL

I think a mixture of weight training and cardio is the best way to go.The cardio will burn the fat and the weight training will tone your muscle.Weight training is useful as muscle will burn calories 20X faster then fat.This means if you become more toned you'll be able to burn calories faster hense eat more of the foods you want to eat without worrying about getting fat.

Response to The Ng Gym 2006-02-15 12:58:13

Well I need to buy some weights first, but shouldn't be a problem, I'll have well over £100 on Friday.

VL what may do you get (MensHealth or Fitness?)... whichever it is what does it actually feature, I mean it looks pretty thick, surely it can't be all exercise routines and stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Gym 2006-02-15 14:35:23

At 2/15/06 12:58 PM, -Nev- wrote: Well I need to buy some weights first, but shouldn't be a problem, I'll have well over £100 on Friday.

VL what may do you get (MensHealth or Fitness?)... whichever it is what does it actually feature, I mean it looks pretty thick, surely it can't be all exercise routines and stuff.

I get mensHealth.

Its a savage magazine and I reccommend you buy it.

Its not all about working.It has great articles about food,lifestyle and generally just stuff that would interest guys.It has excellant advice about fashion for guys,how to score with women etc

I've learned a shitload about working out,women,eating right from buying that mag.Also most of the routines it shows you are for beginners.None of the stuff is too complicated.

Response to The Ng Gym 2006-02-15 14:43:41

At 2/15/06 02:35 PM, VirginLungs wrote: I've learned a shitload about working out,women,eating right from buying that mag.Also most of the routines it shows you are for beginners.None of the stuff is too complicated.

Righty oh, sounds good, I'll buy a copy on Friday after College.

As for working out I found some weights, so I'm doing a weight routine now. I posted it on the second page, a few posts down. I've found it good in the past and my arms feel tired but good now. So I'm doing that every other day, with about 30 or so Sit ups on the other days.

Although my scales (which I bought from a Car Boot Sale) told me I've gained 4 pounds this week, and thats bollocks and impossible. So I'm gonna get some new ones on Monday and start recording my progress again, since I can't trust the results those scales have given me over the last fortnight.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Gym 2006-02-15 14:53:04

At 2/15/06 02:43 PM, -Nev- wrote:
At 2/15/06 02:35 PM, VirginLungs wrote: I've learned a shitload about working out,women,eating right from buying that mag.Also most of the routines it shows you are for beginners.None of the stuff is too complicated.
Righty oh, sounds good, I'll buy a copy on Friday after College.

As for working out I found some weights, so I'm doing a weight routine now. I posted it on the second page, a few posts down. I've found it good in the past and my arms feel tired but good now. So I'm doing that every other day, with about 30 or so Sit ups on the other days.

You should add a squat excerise into your routine.This can be done with dumbells.Squats are great because they tone your legs and arse.I know toning your arse sounds like something a bitch would do but in all honesty, what guy wants a fat arse?

Although my scales (which I bought from a Car Boot Sale) told me I've gained 4 pounds this week, and thats bollocks and impossible. So I'm gonna get some new ones on Monday and start recording my progress again, since I can't trust the results those scales have given me over the last fortnight.

Yeah recording your progress is a good way to go.If your not losing 1lbs a week I'd consider altering your routine.Be it changing you diet or increasing your cardio, 1lbs a week should be your aim. That would mean in 3 months you would lose 1 stone.

The Ng Gym

Response to The Ng Gym 2006-02-21 09:43:38

Ah I can't fucking train anymore.

School and my social life is taking up too much time I haven't been working out at all.I haven't had a proper training session in two weeks.

Last week I drank 40 bottes of beer (two crates) That can't be good for my gut.I tryed to train last night.Lasted 15 minutes and gave up..

bah humbug.

Response to The Ng Gym 2006-02-21 13:32:05

At 2/21/06 09:43 AM, VirginLungs wrote: Last week I drank 40 bottes of beer (two crates) That can't be good for my gut.I tryed to train last night.Lasted 15 minutes and gave up..

So you're now a stoner and an alchie :P.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Gym 2006-02-21 17:11:21

At 2/21/06 01:32 PM, -Nev- wrote:
At 2/21/06 09:43 AM, VirginLungs wrote: Last week I drank 40 bottes of beer (two crates) That can't be good for my gut.I tryed to train last night.Lasted 15 minutes and gave up..
So you're now a stoner and an alchie :P.

Nah, I aint no stoner.. I'm inclined towards the odd drink though...

Response to The Ng Gym 2006-02-21 18:18:44

I wonder if I can lose a good amount of weight by monday. Hm...probably not unless I like starved myself, and that wouldn't be good.

Response to The Ng Gym 2006-02-21 18:21:40

I've been thinking that I want to build my upper body alot more but I know that I'll never drag myself to the gym 3 times a week.

You guys reckon it's worth my while buying a set of weights? Only trouble is that I'm a bit of a skinny bastard, would I have to build up my weight a bit somehow first. I've heard it's easier to turn fat into muscle.

"Some kilometers SOUTH of Dublin, under more control of

the IRA, there is a vast farmland. I'm SUPER cereal"

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Gym 2006-02-22 18:38:31

I have a pretty good work out plan, I went from weighing 185 lbs to 150 lbs in afew months, I take concerta for ADHD and that kills my appitite so food is no problem for me. I also play DDR for my cardio and leg workouts, for my chest I have a flexer which is basicly a thick spring with two handles on each end. I lift a 30 lb weight for my arms, and do around 15 pushups every now and then. My main problem is my abs, I have them and can feel them but I got to much flab to see them, thats my goal, to have ripped abs, I'll let you know if they appear.

Response to The Ng Gym 2006-02-22 18:40:53

At 2/21/06 06:21 PM, theabominablematt wrote: I've been thinking that I want to build my upper body alot more but I know that I'll never drag myself to the gym 3 times a week.

You guys reckon it's worth my while buying a set of weights? Only trouble is that I'm a bit of a skinny bastard, would I have to build up my weight a bit somehow first. I've heard it's easier to turn fat into muscle.

Fat doesnt turn into muscle, muscles use fat as energy. Basicly the only reason to gain weight would be to have more energy so you muscles wont give out on you.

Response to The Ng Gym 2006-02-22 18:58:17

At 2/22/06 06:40 PM, HiFi88 wrote:
At 2/21/06 06:21 PM, theabominablematt wrote: I've been thinking that I want to build my upper body alot more but I know that I'll never drag myself to the gym 3 times a week.

Fat doesnt turn into muscle, muscles use fat as energy. Basicly the only reason to gain weight would be to have more energy so you muscles wont give out on you.

Nonono... Your body doesn't use energy from fat when you work out, but from carbohydrates. Fat will be used during your body's repair cycle (aka: sleep). Anything over 10% body fat is totally useless.

Response to The Ng Gym 2006-02-23 16:18:51

At 2/22/06 06:38 PM, HiFi88 wrote: I have a pretty good work out plan, I went from weighing 185 lbs to 150 lbs in a few months, I take concerta for ADHD and that kills my appetite so food is no problem for me. I also play DDR for my cardio and leg workouts, for my chest I have a flexer which is basically a thick spring with two handles on each end. I lift a 30 lb weight for my arms, and do around 15 pushups every now and then. My main problem is my abs, I have them and can feel them but I got to much flab to see them, that's my goal, to have ripped abs, I'll let you know if they appear.

A 35lbs weight loss is brilliant mate.

You're 6-pack won't become visible unless you have at least a 32 inch waistline.

You need to work your entire mid section.This is the upper abs,lower abs and obliques.You should do no more then 100 good reps for each region, every second day.A good rep is one in which you spend 4-6 seconds per rep.Lashing about 200 reps in a few minutes ain't gonna cut it.

Do that routine for a few months and you'll see savage results.

upper abs

lower abs

obliques

At 2/21/06 06:21 PM, theabominablematt wrote: I've been thinking that I want to build my upper body a lot more but I know that I'll never drag myself to the gym 3 times a week.

That ain't nessessary.A decent diet and a little of training at home can go along way.Playing sports for your school and local team is also hugely benefitical.

Fat can't be turned into muscle.Just like your arm can't be turned into your leg.They're totally different ctnow? Buying weights is differently worth it.They're cheap but can improve your life.That sounds a bit mad buts it true.Improving the way you look makes you more confident and high confidence in yourself makes you life that much easier.That happened to me anyway.

Increasing your calorie intake while doing weights is the proper way to gain weight.This will ensure the weight gained isn't flab but lean muscle.
obliques

Response to The Ng Gym 2006-02-23 16:31:42

At 2/22/06 06:38 PM, HiFi88 wrote:

I take concerta for ADHD and that kills my appitite so food is no problem for me.

I guess thats my main problem, the food. I am on prozac for terminal depression, but it affects my appetite none whatso ever.

Response to The Ng Gym 2006-02-23 16:38:10

At 2/23/06 04:18 PM, VirginLungs wrote:
At 2/21/06 06:21 PM, theabominablematt wrote: I've been thinking that I want to build my upper body a lot more but I know that I'll never drag myself to the gym 3 times a week.
That ain't nessessary.A decent diet and a little of training at home can go along way.Playing sports for your school and local team is also hugely benefitical.

I figure I'd stick at lifting weights and I'm more likely to remember to do it if I see them- rather that doing push ups or something. I try to go surfing once a week so I guess you could count that as a sport at school. It's definatley a workout like.

Fat can't be turned into muscle.Just like your arm can't be turned into your leg.They're totally different ctnow?

You know, it makes sense to me now. I don't know why I thought it was fat that turned into muscle.

I guess I thought it did because of the way it kind of does in the way that you burn the fat for energy in order to have the strength to keep lifting the wieghts and build up the muscle.

I was never very good at bilogy

Buying weights is differently worth it.They're cheap but can improve your life.That sounds a bit mad buts it true.Improving the way you look makes you more confident and high confidence in yourself makes you life that much easier.That happened to me anyway.

I think I'll go down town to the big gym shop and look into it. I live in Belfast at the weekend and Coleraine during most of the week for Uni so I'd need to keep something in both my rooms. I assume I'll be able to buy barbells that come with the longer bench press type weights.

Increasing your calorie intake while doing weights is the proper way to gain weight.This will ensure the weight gained isn't flab but lean muscle.

I already eat a ridiculous ammount of food, two dinners a day sometimes, but I think I have a high motabolism or something cause it doesn't seem to go anywhere. I'd have to get some of that weight gain powder stuff :S

"Some kilometers SOUTH of Dublin, under more control of

the IRA, there is a vast farmland. I'm SUPER cereal"

BBS Signature