00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SNiter27 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

10 Anniversary Collab Idea?

82,577 Views | 2,225 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-18 22:09:26

Alright searift, i'm looking at yours,

I think it may be the size difference of the hands, but there's a slight 'nagging me in the back of my head' feeling...but this is your art not mine =]

what about making the eyes blink? hrm... good though most of the tweening is smooth, however there are a couple of parts where the big hand seems to "jump" from one location to another.

The 5 definately needs a fill, but make is a solid color with some shading maybe? you know, to give it that 3d look....

oh, and mogly STILL hasn't told me why he called me a noob....

I love this site! Free Open Forum - It's like editorials on crack. For everyone.

Pro Palma Deus Unus

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-18 22:20:01

At 7/18/05 10:01 PM, searift wrote: i love techno thats y i wish i had it longer ^ ^, fill it in eh? cool. and out of curiosity how did u do ures so well?

Was that directed at me? O.o

If it was, then mines pretty much a bunch of motion tweened pieces stacked in layers. Except for the stick dude who is a seperate movieclip. I've been drawing with a mouse for a while and I have a bit of knowledge on shading so that's why the dragon looks the way he does.

I surprised myself even so even I don't know how I did it really ^^;;

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-18 22:43:21

i really like this character that i've created for this. i think i'll make a few flash movies about him. thanks Cheddar!

I love this site! Free Open Forum - It's like editorials on crack. For everyone.

Pro Palma Deus Unus

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-18 23:11:58

79, thanks for giving the "noob"'s girlfriend a slot ;P

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-18 23:25:36

At 7/18/05 10:09 PM, Viros wrote: Alright searift, i'm looking at yours,

I think it may be the size difference of the hands, but there's a slight 'nagging me in the back of my head' feeling...but this is your art not mine =]

what about making the eyes blink? hrm... good though most of the tweening is smooth, however there are a couple of parts where the big hand seems to "jump" from one location to another.

The 5 definately needs a fill, but make is a solid color with some shading maybe? you know, to give it that 3d look....

^ ^'' the hands... i totaly didnt notice. and when you say "blinking" what blinking do u sugest? eyelids or free transforms? or is there some secret way i dint hear about? please fill me on this and thanks

If you would like to discuss something do not hesitate to contact me

BBS Signature

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-19 00:07:52

o god i better bump this!

BBS Signature

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-19 00:41:41

hey mr chedar how bout the song in my part be the song throughout the collab?

BBS Signature

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-19 00:43:21

At 7/18/05 02:40 PM, searift wrote: well i think then ill take group 2 slot 5. but be warned my flash skills are not up to par like u guys

I think that's one of the good aspects of collabing. The better people will support the animation newbies like us and help us to get better.

At 7/18/05 07:22 PM, Appleberry wrote: nobodies really commented on mine yet, what do you guys think

http://img301.images..=magicnumber79wj.swf

I like the voice. You should tidy up the character a bit (get rid of any rough parts of the shapes), and if you want to add more detail, at the moment it's a little bit simple.

At 7/18/05 09:46 PM, searift wrote: this is mine with out shawdows tell me what u think, but plz dont compare it to ures i know its no bueno

The animation isn't bad, but the character is way too simple. If that character was seen in the portal it wouldn't be received well at all. Try to make it unique, not a few tweened circles. If you have trouble with fbf, try to concentrate on making the character you're going to tween original and well detailed. If you're having trouble coming up with an idea maybe you could draw out a line and bend it into a random shape, or base it on one of your favourite charcters from a tv show, movie or animation.

I'm happy to comment on anyone else's if they want. Not claiming to be an expert or anything, just thought I'd give out some constructive criticism to anyone who wants it. :) I hope you'll do the same for me.

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-19 00:52:32

thanks bro. i tried doing a human or humanoid like body but nothing good came out of it. so then i tried a blob with pupils and so i got a few tweened circles. im cruently working on the body beyond a stick, like viros. i wish i could use a pen to draw on the computer cuz then i would know what to do.

BBS Signature

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-19 02:37:34

saved from page 2

BBS Signature

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-19 05:35:31

Ok searift :) I just think like AGH said it needs a little work...e-mail me or try to contact me via MSN and I'll talk to you some more.

Music-wise, I haven't decided yet...I still think it would be a good idea to find out IF there should be music ONCE if gotten everyone's collaboration piece. I can't just add anything without looking at the piece as a whole.

I know what I'm doing with this :) and I do appreciate your ideas and input, but I'd just want a character with no music for now :) thanks guys!!

If you guys wanna have a chat anytime I'm actually off work for two days...(wed-thurs) which means I'll be online pretty much most of those days! please please get in contact if you have any concerns or want any help with your flash!

Thank ya kindly... Ched79 duskj79@hotmail.com

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-19 07:44:52

At 7/19/05 05:35 AM, Cheddar79 wrote: Music-wise, I haven't decided yet...I still think it would be a good idea to find out IF there should be music ONCE if gotten everyone's collaboration piece. I can't just add anything without looking at the piece as a whole.

i reckon the music should just be 1 track playing through the whole peice, maybe classical/opera just so it ads a weird dramatic effect. or, maybe someone could convince stamper to make a rap for it.

At 7/18/05 10:09 PM, Viros wrote:

because i just thought ur animation was pretty crappy for a 3 secound job. but, i can understand its not finished and take it back as i can see its bothered you, so sorry.

anyway im gunna start on mine soon, so im sure you can offend me then lol.

WEBSITE

BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~

NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-19 07:47:52

I like the idea of the classical music thing, like Beethoven, or Tchaikovsky, or Mozart

Kuro - Puting the 'Kur' back in 'inkurable disease.'

BBS Signature

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-19 07:59:25

yo chedder boy..... can i join ??? i was thinking of having number 3.... and saying it in a loud epic vioce...(like the bbc 3 adverts if youve seen em) thx XD

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-19 08:06:14

At 7/19/05 07:59 AM, jack_offredi wrote: yo chedder boy..... can i join ??? i was thinking of having number 3.... and saying it in a loud epic vioce...(like the bbc 3 adverts if youve seen em) thx XD

whats your character going to be like?

Kuro - Puting the 'Kur' back in 'inkurable disease.'

BBS Signature

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-19 08:08:18

At 7/19/05 08:06 AM, Appleberry wrote:
At 7/19/05 07:59 AM, jack_offredi wrote: yo chedder boy..... can i join ??? i was thinking of having number 3.... and saying it in a loud epic vioce...(like the bbc 3 adverts if youve seen em) thx XD

probably a blue blob (true to the advert ) but not some neebie blob made with a circle tool itll have shading and stuff like thAT

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-19 11:25:08

At 7/19/05 12:52 AM, searift wrote: i wish i could use a pen to draw on the computer cuz then i would know what to do.

you could get a drawing tablet... its like drawing with a pen or pencil, but on the computer

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-19 11:58:47

Okay, I can't draw fire for shit, so does anyone know some GOOD Actonscript fire? If you've watched A Decline Christmas , then you know what I mean. I want some good AS fire like that. Please help!

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-19 12:02:29

(P.S. I need it for my part)

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-19 12:46:19

YO Copyright & Mr.Brentoon r here to collab!
WE ARE "TEAM FLASH"!

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-19 13:21:28

Okay people, I found a really cool fire effect on Flashkit.com, so it works out. Here is mine:

10th Anniversary Collab Part 10-9

Suggestions?

(You may want to put the quality to low on slow comps)

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-19 13:38:26

At 7/19/05 01:21 PM, Flea_Productions3 wrote: Okay people, I found a really cool fire effect on Flashkit.com, so it works out. Here is mine:

10th Anniversary Collab Part 10-9

Suggestions?

(You may want to put the quality to low on slow comps)

That's awesome dude! The fire effect was a nice idea! The only thing is, now it's a little too long XD Shorten the part where he's burning on the floor a little. It's got to be 2-3 seconds long remember ^^

And Jack_offredi and TeamFlash, thanks for wanting to join! If you haven't contacted cheddar79 and told him which group and number you want, please post them here so everyone will know. Thanks! :D

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-19 14:22:23

At 7/19/05 08:08 AM, jack_offredi wrote:
probably a blue blob (true to the advert ) but not some neebie blob made with a circle tool itll have shading and stuff like thAT

every one just keeps poking at searift

BBS Signature

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-19 14:30:16

number 3 catergory whatever is available

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-19 14:33:12

I got an idea. There could be "Back" and "Next" buttons in. So a viewer could easily switch between artists, and even pause it..and stuff.

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-19 14:46:05

At 7/19/05 02:22 PM, searift wrote:
At 7/19/05 08:08 AM, jack_offredi wrote:
every one just keeps poking at searift

lol. Aww don't take it to heart man. I liked your flash just way it is :)

And Jack_offredi, I put you in Group 4, Number 3. Hope that's alright.

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-19 15:30:27

thts kool

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-19 16:23:20

so you don't really like mine, mogly? Well, no offense really taken, but i would have appreciated it if you hadn't called me a noob....

If you don't like an aspect of my art, please inform me and give me more information...

As to that note, only a few people have told me what they think...so if you all could give me more information on what you think about mine, i would appreciate it. you can find the link above my banner below....

Pro Palma Deus Unus

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-19 16:25:45

At 7/19/05 02:33 PM, Flea_Productions3 wrote: I got an idea. There could be "Back" and "Next" buttons in. So a viewer could easily switch between artists, and even pause it..and stuff.

I don't know...wouldn't that be a little...you know...tedious? I doubt anyone would want to button mash through 100 different scenes. I think the whole play back-to-back with music is the best way to go.

BTW, I've seen a few flashes here that have sound effects other than the voices. Are sound effects even allowed? I think they are, but I'm not sure.

If they are an option then I'm probably going to change mine a little and add a fire sound to the flame. But I need cheddar's opinion first.

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-19 16:27:58

yo th can you give us a status report e.g how many spaces and or last min stuff