00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GingaSnappd just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,094,045 Views | 32,915 Replies

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-03-21 20:22:15

At 3/21/06 08:06 PM, -Steve- wrote: I got suspended one time for constantly refusing to stand for the pledge. Just because I don't feel like wasting valuable time of my day just to tell America I love it does not mean I'm some kind of commie.

Eh, just tell them you are a Jevoha's Wittness. I think it's sacrilegious for them to say the pledge because of the "under God" part or something.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-03-21 20:28:54

jimmy hendrix plays a good star spangal banner....

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-03-21 21:16:42

Schools are government property, so they're forced with a thumb up their ass to abide it.

So that all the little kiddies of every race can love the US with a sturdy beer drinking-ass slappin' good time.

Report Songs|Submit Ideas|How Erkie reviews|

94% of posts made in AF since 2005

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-03-22 09:23:57

Amerika Über Alles

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-03-22 10:11:52

OMG you wrote german words. XD

Ich würd ja jetzt auch damit anfangen, aber dann würd mich 3/4 der Leute hier nicht verstehen. ;-)

I are pwnan teh lollbarian!

...SoS - We rape responsibly...

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-03-22 10:46:49

I made the canadian national anthem a couple of times, a few techno versions, some orchestral. If all goes well, highschools across Toronto will be standing up to my tunes, and then I will laugh, I will laugh very hard, because I am usually never early enough for the anthem, and I will not be standing.

Much mirth will bubble from my visage.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-03-22 17:44:35

hahahahaha!!!!!!! denvish totally spotted somethin' that i didn't even see and he totally back-handed this noob!!! lawl!!!

my youtube.

click it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-03-22 18:20:28

At 3/22/06 10:46 AM, MaestroSorrow wrote: I made the canadian national anthem a couple of times, a few techno versions, some orchestral. If all goes well, highschools across Toronto will be standing up to my tunes, and then I will laugh, I will laugh very hard, because I am usually never early enough for the anthem, and I will not be standing.

The cool thing is, nobody actually knows the canadian national anthem, so you can get away with that.

Is it anything like the southpark version?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-03-23 02:43:51

What? Canadians have a national anthem? Oo

lawl. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-03-23 08:06:47

At 3/23/06 02:43 AM, DarKsidE_555 wrote: What? Canadians have a national anthem? Oo

lawl. ;)

it is alarmingly true enough! When I first came here, they were like "please stand..." after which I tuned them out, for I am a minimalist in everything. I was given the instruction to stand, and so I stood.

Then this really REALLY lame midi file pops out over the PA, and i'm thinking, "Wtf!?" The Midi file goes on bleeping for a minute or so, and then we sit down. I was to learn later, that this grand Midi file was our national anthem.

At this day, I decided to save future generations from the midi madness, and make some anthems of my own... maybe I can re-invent it, and become like... somebody importantly wealthy.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-03-23 08:24:15

At 3/23/06 08:06 AM, MaestroSorrow wrote: I decided to ...make some anthems of my own... become...wealthy.

Good luck man - but anthem writers only seem to end up as footnotes or trivia questions - no real cash to be found there.

Consider just creating a better recording for the school to use. It would save the students from having to listen to some crap that the faculty downloaded off of some midi madness site.

Plus, it might score you a brownie point or two with the school itself. I know that's probably not very important, but consider that most breaks people get are through networking - you never know when some friend of a friend of the principal will need some music for something...

Worth a shot and it won't really cost you anything but a few hours right?

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-03-23 09:28:51

Gosh...Is the anthem really that bad? In that case it's good that I've never heard it. If you really do a version of your own I will surely listen to that one. :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-03-23 09:46:52

At 3/22/06 06:20 PM, Khuskan wrote:
At 3/22/06 10:46 AM, MaestroSorrow wrote: I made the canadian national anthem a couple of times, a few techno versions, some orchestral. If all goes well, highschools across Toronto will be standing up to my tunes, and then I will laugh, I will laugh very hard, because I am usually never early enough for the anthem, and I will not be standing.

The cool thing is, nobody actually knows the canadian national anthem, so you can get away with that.

dude, ain't the canadian anthem "oh canada" or some shit like that. i should buy, or even better yet overtake, my own country and make my own anthem. it would be nothin' but crazy extreme power metal with lyrics like, "you fuck with us and you'll get put under, we eat lightning and shit thunder" it would be great.

my youtube.

click it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-03-23 10:05:46

Sound great! Let the tanks roll!

I'de be the first inhabitant there! XD

\m/

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-03-23 11:57:36

At 3/22/06 10:11 AM, DarKsidE_555 wrote: OMG you wrote german words. XD

Ich würd ja jetzt auch damit anfangen, aber dann würd mich 3/4 der Leute hier nicht verstehen. ;-)

Yes, but those are German words that most English speaking people know from satirical use. I don't actually speak German...

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-03-23 12:01:39

I thought so. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-03-23 12:08:03

Just curious. What did you say?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-03-23 14:09:41

I just said:

"I would start with that as well but 3/4 of the people here wouldn't understand a word then."

You know that I could offend nearly all of you here in the worst ways. XD

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-03-23 14:12:07

At 3/23/06 02:43 AM, DarKsidE_555 wrote: What? Canadians have a national anthem? Oo

I actually prefer the Canaian anthem over any anthem, because it sounds nicer. But i never sang it, because im a witness.

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-03-23 15:28:47

I need an Erkie theme.

Anyone who comes up with the Erkie theme will get an Erkie approval badge.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-03-23 15:48:32

At 3/23/06 03:28 PM, Erkie wrote: I need an Erkie theme.

Anyone who comes up with the Erkie theme will get an Erkie approval badge.

When I get home consider it done.

I'm on newgrounds.com at school im such a badass

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-03-23 17:19:46

hey what ever happened to that mod Proteas?

Who bribed him?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-03-23 17:27:53

dude, ain't the canadian anthem "oh canada" or some shit like that. i should buy, or even better yet overtake, my own country and make my own anthem. it would be nothin' but crazy extreme power metal with lyrics like, "you fuck with us and you'll get put under, we eat lightning and shit thunder" it would be great.

It's:

O Canada!
Our home and native land!
True patriot love in all thy sons command.

With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
The True North strong and free!

From far and wide,
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

God keep our land glorious and free!

Do they still make the kids sing it in school?
I remember we had to sing it in morning in 4th grade but after that I never had to sing it again.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-03-23 17:46:11

At 3/23/06 08:24 AM, LJCoffee wrote: Good luck man - but anthem writers only seem to end up as footnotes or trivia questions - no real cash to be found there.

Seriously though, think about what it would be like if you owned the rights to a national anthem, and could charge loyalties each time they were played...

Either you would:

1: End up with a country paranoid over playing their national anthem

or

2: Become extremely rich.

Same applies to christmas songs.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-03-23 17:54:54

At 3/23/06 05:46 PM, Khuskan wrote:

3. Be that guy who they never remember your name.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-03-23 17:57:41

He's right, you know.

The Audio Forum Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-03-23 18:07:21

Apparently Happy Birthday is copyrighted. God, I'd like to own the copyright to that song...

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-03-24 00:52:06

I'd kill for the copyright to DJ Assault's Ass And Titties. That song is the single track soundtrack to my life.

The birthday song, not so much.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-03-24 01:52:27

I guess you don't like money ;)

At 3/24/06 12:52 AM, TVs_Slayer wrote: I'd kill for the copyright to DJ Assault's Ass And Titties. That song is the single track soundtrack to my life.

The birthday song, not so much.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2006-03-24 12:47:43

DAMN, it's so empty on the AG, C'MON GUYS, WHERE ARE YOU???

Worship.

BBS Signature