00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

0llybros just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,089,332 Views | 32,915 Replies

The Audio Forum Lounge 2005-06-07 16:12:53

Hello!

Welcome to the Audio Forum Lounge. This thread will hopefully become a gathering place for NG's audio artists to chill out and chat; to get to know each other on a more personal level, and to strengthen the musical community on Newgrounds.

In some ways, this thread will be similar to a club/crew. Although there will be no membership lists, I'm going to lay down a few basic rules for posting in here.

1) If you're new to music, do yourself (and us) a favour by reading the stickied audio help. It contains some information about the audio side of NG, along with a bunch of useful links to resource topics.

2) This lounge is primarily for the discussion of non-audio related stuff; the Audio Forum already has plenty of topics discussing audio. If you want to debate the technicalities of ACID, or need help with Fruity Loops, take it elsewhere.

3) Although rambling and ranting will be allowed and even encouraged, spamming will not be tolerated; as with any other part of the BBS, there are rules that must be obeyed. Flagrant disregard of these rules will be rewarded with post deletion and possibly a ban.

Most of you guys have enough common-sense to know what to do and what not to do, so I'll take off my 'responsible' hat now, and wish you a warm welcome to the lounge. Bung the kettle on...

- - Flash - Music - Images - -

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2005-06-07 16:16:11

At 6/7/05 04:14 PM, Chronamut wrote: Finally I can just act retarded

lol. I suppose it comes naturally.... ;D

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2005-06-07 16:26:59

Sorry Crono I laugh a lot more than you I laugh like I can't control it

I laughed at my grandfather's funeareal

I laughed in the principal's face

I laugh when im just sitting in class doing nothing.

Ah the good times I even laughed at my old uncle's when he got back from the hospital he was feeling bad and I laughed right at him they all hate me now.

But when I laugh it usaly has nothing to do with the things thats happening it's usally when Im nervous or bored I think up something funny.

Ah the best is when someone is screaming at you and your laughing.
or when someone thinks your lying but your not and they don't belive you ebcuase your laughing.

I think im getting carried away here but I think when people laugh a lot is because they have good teeth like me.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2005-06-07 16:50:45

Aie Crono wtf is Kendor I went to the link and it borught me nowhere. But yeah I rather laugh to much than never luagh at all makes me sick thinking if I nevered luaghed. And remember Crono we have to make 3 lined posts not two or one lol.

But Denvish were you talking about just in other threads we can't do this but were aloud to do it here?

Or we can't do it anywhere even here?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2005-06-07 17:06:38

At 6/7/05 04:50 PM, piepie wrote: But Denvish were you talking about just in other threads we can't do this but were aloud to do it here?

Or we can't do it anywhere even here?

Wellllllll.... it would be nice if the 80% of the lounge didn't consist of conversation between you two... but I'm going to be more laid back about it in here. I found it annoying in the Guidelines thread, because I'd like James to see the suggestion about sticky/rules icons, and I know for a fact that he doesn't like having to trawl through a bunch of irrelevant posts when he hits the forums - he doesn't have the time to spare for that (thus the deletion of a good quantity of irrelevant/repetitive posts in the Evolution thread in Wi/Ht).

While it's nice to see you two chatting away and therefore making the Audio forum more active, I just think you could possibly exercise a little more restraint in some situations; if you really want to hold a chatty conversation about something, Instant Messengers might be a better option.

I dunno. I've been accused of being a strict mod a couple of times recently, and I don't really want to head that way; but then again, if some users are spoiling the BBS for other users (this is not a reference to you, just to some of the people I've banned), then it's my job to stamp on them as effectively as possible. In your case, I guess I'm just offering a mild warning to tone it down a little.... erm.... yes.

I'm always open to comments and feedback.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2005-06-07 17:17:28

At 6/7/05 05:06 PM, Denvish wrote:
I dunno. I've been accused of being a strict mod a couple of times recently,

Nah you're cool you're just doing your job.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2005-06-07 17:17:41

You a strict mod nah. I would not be talking to you if you were strict and mean like some other mods( im not naming names). Is it true you get paid for banning people Denvish??

And for the a lot of posting its because I have nothing to do since alll my friends are at school so im stuck here in my house.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2005-06-07 17:20:21

At 6/7/05 05:17 PM, piepie wrote: You a strict mod nah. I would not be talking to you if you were strict and mean like some other mods( im not naming names). Is it true you get paid for banning people Denvish??

Haha, I wish. No, mods don't get paid for any part of their NG work (unless you're Afro_Ninja winning $250 in the monthly awards for NG SIM =) We just put up with this shit for free =D

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2005-06-07 17:22:32

At 6/7/05 05:20 PM, Denvish wrote:
Haha, I wish. No, mods don't get paid for any part of their NG work (unless you're Afro_Ninja winning $250 in the monthly awards for NG SIM =) We just put up with this shit for free =D

just to tell you Denvish I voted for Overrun 2 for #1 but well it looks like Afro Ninja got more votes his game was rather boring I mean why spend time making a fake account good when you could make your reall account good??

but the animal babies was a funny one...

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2005-06-07 17:41:15

At 6/7/05 05:22 PM, piepie wrote: just to tell you Denvish I voted for Overrun 2 for #1 but well it looks like Afro Ninja got more votes his game was rather boring I mean why spend time making a fake account good when you could make your reall account good??

I knew the competition was too stiff in May. The standard of Flash on NG has risen drastically over the past few months. I don't resent Afro at all, I liked his game, and it appealed to a wider audience than mine, which is one of the skills required when making Flash. I'm a little annoyed that I didn't get a weekly award or a top 50 spot with the game, considering the length of time I spent making it; but that's just the way it goes. Disappointing, but not the end of the world...

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2005-06-07 18:01:03

Well, I run my own SHOUTcast radio... I do believe I'm welcome here. :)

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2005-06-07 20:12:32

At 6/7/05 07:43 PM, Chronamut wrote: now denvish - what do you do for a living? Since you're not making money working for newgrounds what does the allmighty mod do? Diaper factory? Microsoft hacker? Richard simmons stalker? The possibilities are endless...

Unemployed, thank god. In the past I have been:

A petrol station attendant (first job)
Piece-rate fruit & veg picker (and fucking quick, too)
Worker in a plastics reclamation factory (Ouch ears & hands)
Farmer (grew up on my parents')
Student (2:1 in Archaeology & Environmental Studies)
Chef (7 years, never enjoyed it though)
Worker in trouser-pressing factory (in Wales)
Stable builder (nobody wants a stable in summer, so wet & cold)
Mushroom farmer (did my back in)
Busker (occasionally)
Band member (hahaha)
7.5t truck driver (most recent official job)
Web designer (unpaid)
Graphic designer (unpaid)
VB coder (unpaid)

and currently I'm a full time dad of 3, a mod on Newgrounds, and a Flash artist.

I'm too much into computers since I got one about 5 years ago, but I'm very good with a wide variety of computer skills; and that's what I'd like a job doing. I'd loved to be paid by a company to sit at home and make Flashes, but unfortunately my self-promotion skills are lacking. Fortunately, my skills at blagging the DHSS are impressive, so the government technically pays me to sit at home and make Flashes, for my own amusement =)

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2005-06-07 20:34:10

At 6/7/05 08:12 PM, Denvish wrote:
Fortunately, my skills at blagging the DHSS are impressive, so the government technically pays me to sit at home and make Flashes, for my own amusement =)

That's fucking awesome....How'd that happen?

Audio | Alter | It sounds like a fire hydrant went off in an old folks home with screaming babies field recorded, glitched, and spontaneously played back.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2005-06-07 20:39:16

Jobseeker's allowance+child tax+child benefit+housing benefit+council tax benefit = more than I could earn in most jobs I could walk into.

Sexy icons, huh.... sweeeeeeeet!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2005-06-07 20:51:58

Hey all...

Anyone out there a serious musician - is a label your brass ring or is this all just a hobby?

For me it's mostly just a hobby although technically I do get paid occasionally for it...
I really REALLY wnted to be a rock star when I was a kid - or James Bond - one of the two but I got swept down a different route I guess...

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2005-06-07 21:09:18

At 6/7/05 09:03 PM, Chronamut wrote: MUHAHAHAHAHAAAA!

My idea was implemented - and neon green too - awesome!

I feel so important :P

weeelllllll...technically, it was FrOzEn_FoX's idea long before it was yours, but you can give yourself a pat on the back for being a catalyst in getting the icons implemented =)

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2005-06-08 00:22:22

Well, since I don't get to hang out or talk with Denvish much anymore, hopefully this will be a place where I can get reaquainted with an old friend.

Much <3 Devish. I've always envied you for numerous reasons.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2005-06-08 01:34:43

hey guys

Report Songs|Submit Ideas|How Erkie reviews|

94% of posts made in AF since 2005

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2005-06-08 07:00:06

At 6/7/05 09:09 PM, Denvish wrote:
weeelllllll...technically, it was FrOzEn_FoX's idea long before it was yours, but you can give yourself a pat on the back for being a catalyst in getting the icons implemented =)

AHAh Crono doesn't feel important anymore....

Dammit why do i alway's leave newgrounds when the good stuff happens. So Denvish may I ask what does your wife do for a living?

And to Crono if thats Kendor think is uhmm not real. You have to much of an imagineation plus I don't take things and im not curious at all in what are insides people purses.....

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2005-06-08 07:19:50

At 6/8/05 07:00 AM, piepie wrote: Dammit why do i alway's leave newgrounds when the good stuff happens. So Denvish may I ask what does your wife do for a living?

Partner, not wife (yet). Nursery nurse by trade, but currently a full-time mum.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2005-06-08 07:32:36

At 6/8/05 07:19 AM, Denvish wrote:
Partner, not wife (yet). Nursery nurse by trade, but currently a full-time mum.

I see.

Now since your a mod and your probelly helping out, what are some more changes for the AP or is it a secret or is there nothing left to upgrade it??

On an other note every since the changes have been made there is a lot more activity here in the AP section of the BBS.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2005-06-08 08:25:30

At 6/8/05 07:32 AM, piepie wrote: Now since your a mod and your probelly helping out, what are some more changes for the AP or is it a secret or is there nothing left to upgrade it??

Myself and other people have been throwing suggestions at liljim, but he plays his cards very close to his chest, so I don't have a clue I'm afraid. Personally I'd like to see a new voting system on the AP, maybe make it more like the Flash Portal, but as James said, the AP currently only responsible for 0.03% of NG traffic, so I can understand why it isn't high on the priority list.

The thing is, that people tend to forget the fact that the AP is there primarily for Flash authors. It's not designed to be a showcase area for artists, like the Flash portal is. Maybe that'll change in time, and it will become one of the web's prime resources for audio loops, but that's not really what Newgrounds is about. The Flash Portal is the lifeblood of NG, it's what the site was built upon. The AP is merely a resource for Flashers, so people shouldn't expect it to become any more than that, although I hope it will...

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2005-06-08 08:28:42

At 6/8/05 08:25 AM, Denvish wrote:
The thing is, that people tend to forget the fact that the AP is there primarily for Flash authors. It's not designed to be a showcase area for artists, like the Flash portal is. Maybe that'll change in time, and it will become one of the web's prime resources for audio loops, but that's not really what Newgrounds is about. The Flash Portal is the lifeblood of NG, it's what the site was built upon. The AP is merely a resource for Flashers, so people shouldn't expect it to become any more than that, although I hope it will...

I see but yeah you do have a point and .03 percent is pretty bad. But the thing is flash authors most of them don't even take the music from the audio portal.

Well o well I wonder what Tom and Wade think about the AP..

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2005-06-08 11:21:44

Yeah the page thing would be good.

In other news
I Can't wait for Grand Prix all stupid tourists waiting to get jipt and the car shows. Are any of you people into formula 1???

I have to admit it does get boring after a while

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2005-06-08 17:16:32

Nah, I find it boring. I have a friend who is REALLY into it, but it doesn't do anything for me. Could be because his dream car is a F1, while mine is a mini... =)

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2005-06-08 17:21:31

A mini??

what kinds of dream car is that

Mine is a Ducati custom made nah thats a vehicale.

You have to admit Denvish that watching the crashes are pretty fun to watch.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2005-06-08 17:40:56

At 6/8/05 05:21 PM, PiePie wrote: A mini??

what kinds of dream car is that

A small one =)

Not the new crappy ones, the old-style mini cooper.
My first car was a little black mini, and it was fucking ace to drive. They handle like go-karts. Not so good for motorway runs, but excellent for just bombing around lanes and dual carriageway...

I can't believe I'm actually talking about cars... that is SO not my style. I'll start ranting about football and girls next....

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2005-06-08 18:24:32

Ok, I direct this question to a MOD or anyone who ACTUALLY HAVE a SATISFYING ANSWER, (Denvish, feel targeted ;) not stupid guesses;
Hands on the table, how does the weekly top 5 in the ap actually works? As it seems, it gets updated at some point, nad when it does, the one with the highest score gets the spots. If theres a tie, it looks like they go by alphabetic order. That´s how it looks to m, anyhow. And that sometiemes results in ass-songs/loops being there, getting attention. That´s btw the biggest problem with the ap, and thats y full songs are more common than loops. Make loops more awarding, damnit. :D

/Rucklo

Wakka wakka

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2005-06-08 18:53:10

At 6/8/05 06:24 PM, Rucklo wrote: Ok, I direct this question to a MOD or anyone who ACTUALLY HAVE a SATISFYING ANSWER, (Denvish, feel targeted ;) not stupid guesses;

I actually don't know, I've never really paid much attention to the Audio awards. Sorry.

Make loops more awarding, damnit. :D

I agree that they should be. Feel free to post suggestions in the Ideas for Newgrounds' Evolution Mk 2 thread.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2005-06-09 07:32:29

what you mean unrealistic a motorcycle is a lot cooler than a car I mean a ducati shit when people see me on the highway they will get into accidents becuase there staring to much.

Plus Denvish football is rather boring I have to agree not Futbol now thats a sport with the best team in the world Juventus.

Wheres BOUNC3 my sister heard his music and loves it thought I would congrats to him that he got a fan....