00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Bass guitar Club

50,123 Views | 443 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Bass guitar Club 2011-06-09 02:09:06

At 6/6/11 03:24 AM, TheSandyman wrote: Just lettin' people know I'm gonna see Primus next month for the first time, which is very, very much bassguitar related.

Well, if it wasn't you probably would have been chewed out for it by now, haha.

Response to Bass guitar Club 2011-06-13 13:59:22

Heard of SMV? If you haven't you need to listen, these guys go hard.

Line up =
Stanley Clarke
Marcus Miller
Victor Wooten

Reaction =
Orgasm

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to Bass guitar Club 2011-06-15 19:06:00

MMM...
I'm going to join if its ok

I have a 4 string Ibanez

My fav bassist is obviously Victor Wooten. The man is crazy.
He's taught me chords and tapping the thumb strum but I am absolutely useless at the thumb strum.

I haven't been committed to my bass guitar the past year, I feel I am as good as I'm going to get. which is about a grade 6. I've turned my hands to the art of producing and recording. And I'm still very amateur at that as well. Maybe one day I will get to grade 8, I'm still young and I've never had a teacher.

Is there any teachers in this club?

BBS Signature

Response to Bass guitar Club 2011-06-16 00:01:13

At 6/15/11 07:06 PM, ThomasCloud wrote: MMM...
I'm going to join if its ok

I have a 4 string Ibanez

Woah man, I feel sorry for your loss...

Is there any teachers in this club?

As far as I know, we don't have any currently active members that are teachers.

Then again, the only currently active members are pretty much Dromedary and myself.

Response to Bass guitar Club 2011-06-16 08:14:03

At 6/16/11 12:01 AM, Rahmemhotep wrote: Then again, the only currently active members are pretty much Dromedary and myself.

But that doesn't mean we can't answer your questions on technique or whatnot.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to Bass guitar Club 2011-06-21 16:34:58

I was wondering if anyone had any tips for building technique for playing with your fingers, I play with a pick and want to be able to play with my fingers but I can't seem to move my fingers well enough to make it sound good

Did you just put your balls on my sandwich?

Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Bass guitar Club 2011-06-22 04:38:38

Hmm... Tips? Well, it helps if you just pick one note over and over and over again and try to get faster and more in time. I do that when I'm just sitting around to keep up callouses. It can be hard to just sit there and play an open note, as you may feel that you HAVE to finger a fret. Therefore, you might want to do this when you're watching the telly or a cutscene in a video game. Perhaps read a book, even?

Response to Bass guitar Club 2011-08-14 19:04:26

I have 2 new basses since the last time posted. The first find is an Antonia Star Bass, which is a pretty nice three-quarter bass to play on, and the other is a bass from what I can only assume is from sometime in the 40's because of it's build structure. I'll post photo's once I've put a new internation on. Other than that, been building up on my slap technique, I'm starting to come along.

Response to Bass guitar Club 2011-08-16 13:36:07

At 5/18/11 10:36 AM, Rahmemhotep wrote: Is there a way to fix this?

If you can, work more on your voice, get rid of any vocal breaks you have singing in any key or voice and keep singing whilst playing, which is hard to do on bass anyway.

Also, I'm thinking of switching pickups on this Antonia bass, does anyone have any suggestions as o what I should get?

Response to Bass guitar Club 2011-08-17 15:32:23

Check it out, I learned the bass line from Final Fantasy 2!

Level BACON!

BBS Signature

Response to Bass guitar Club 2011-08-17 17:44:18

At 8/17/11 03:32 PM, Ultimato wrote: Check it out, I learned the bass line from Final Fantasy 2!

The whole game!?!?

Response to Bass guitar Club 2011-08-17 19:00:29

At 8/17/11 05:44 PM, SineRider wrote:
At 8/17/11 03:32 PM, Ultimato wrote: Check it out, I learned the bass line from Final Fantasy 2!
The whole game!?!?

I remember seeing a video on youtube of someone playing like an hours worth of FF soundtrack

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to Bass guitar Club 2011-08-18 16:49:50

Nice Scott Pilgrim reference. Anyone know any websites that sell decent hardware for basses, I'm not having a load of luck with most shops, but I have found a bass that I'd love to buy, it's from a shop called Chase in town, custom made, fretless, 5 or 6, depending on which I want, some nice pickups, think they're called East River and beautiful body which they'll paint for free if you want to when you buy it for £500, which is a absolute bargain, even for a 6-string, let alone fretless.

If you've never played a fretless, or a full-size double bass, you're missing out, but they're hard to play.

Response to Bass guitar Club 2011-08-18 18:48:50

Fuck? Contrabass ain't hard to play at all. I guess you just need practice.

Response to Bass guitar Club 2011-08-18 20:41:37

At 8/18/11 06:48 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: Fuck? Contrabass ain't hard to play at all. I guess you just need practice

Do you mean what I was saying about fretless basses?

Response to Bass guitar Club 2011-08-20 12:33:55

At 8/18/11 08:41 PM, Retrospective wrote:
At 8/18/11 06:48 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: Fuck? Contrabass ain't hard to play at all. I guess you just need practice
Do you mean what I was saying about fretless basses?

When you say, "fretless bass," that commonly refers to a bass guitar that has no frets. I can't tell if you're talking about contrabass or bass guitar.

In any case, I don't find it difficult to play basses that don't have frets. You just memorize positions and what that position is supposed to sound like.

Response to Bass guitar Club 2011-08-30 21:02:48

Just bought a Fender Squier Jazz 5 string, cost me a bargain price of £140. She's a beauty, plays nicely too.

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to Bass guitar Club 2011-09-02 08:53:48

Bass came, recommend some good songs played on 5 strings?

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to Bass guitar Club 2011-09-22 19:04:27

Anybody know CPR? I think this thread is dying.

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to Bass guitar Club 2011-09-22 19:20:25

At 9/22/11 07:04 PM, Dromedary wrote: Anybody know CPR? I think this thread is dying.

Fuck, shows how much I come to Clubs & Crews, didn't even know there was a bass guitar club. I'd like to join before the thread goes down the shitter, please. I have been playing for almost three years now, and sadly have had the same bass the entire time. A 4-String Washburn Taurus I got off my friend for $100. It's still a kick-ass instrument, it just needs new strings, which I am getting on Friday.

Response to Bass guitar Club 2011-10-05 07:32:48

At 9/2/11 08:53 AM, Dromedary wrote: Bass came, recommend some good songs played on 5 strings?

Dig by Mudvayne. It's a fun one and it has easy slapping mixed in with it.

Sorry, I haven't been checkin' back here, hahaha.

Response to Bass guitar Club 2011-10-05 11:25:12

Victory is ours

Bass guitar Club

BBS Signature

Response to Bass guitar Club 2012-02-15 20:54:48

At 10/5/11 11:25 AM, tox wrote: Victory is ours

I really don't get it

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to Bass guitar Club 2012-02-16 04:02:01

Coming right back in as I have just decided it was time to really learn to play the bass. I will try and learn some Black Sabbath. I never really felt motivated learning with shitty tabs from shitty websites or with professionnal tabs of bands I've really heard enough... like fuckin Metallica, AC/DC and the likes. I want to play some sexy Doom Metal !!!