00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Care2mchBEAR just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Awards and Stuff

16,780 Views | 175 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to NG Awards and Stuff 2005-04-13 19:20:09

hey tom if u ever need home improvement help from home depot i will hook u up with 10 -20 percent off whatever u need

Dark Kisses In Sweet Places

Response to NG Awards and Stuff 2005-04-13 19:20:46

Nice Hope this happens, girl.

Response to NG Awards and Stuff 2005-04-13 19:40:26

I hope you get it! That'd be pretty cool if you did...

Thanks nightmareLeecher for the sig.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Awards and Stuff 2005-04-13 19:44:26

ill work for u TOM . NG has improved alot over the years , i know cuz i been on NG since i was 10 ( acually got a account in 03')since DA OLD SKOOL NG. but ya hope all that works out with ur office and all. And maybe one day NG will rule the world. peace

Response to NG Awards and Stuff 2005-04-13 19:47:55

good luck tom... why dont you get one out near pittsburgh so i can help... or say hi...i got a server... well hope wa get it. PLZ visit pittsburgh some day like for a consert or a event or i know holloween.. we got a a couple cool places like station scare(station square)... ohh yeah dos the bacement smell and stuff like that?(dont haveto respond to that one)

Response to NG Awards and Stuff 2005-04-13 19:55:05

Wow, that'd be a cool thing for the 10 anniversary.

Response to NG Awards and Stuff 2005-04-13 20:08:14

Wow, good luck with that, Tom. It would be nice to see NG be legitamized by an office, although I don't think it's necessary. Still, I'm sure you would find it much easier.

Count the bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drum...

Response to NG Awards and Stuff 2005-04-13 20:15:05

Good luck with that Tom.

You made a Clerks reference, Yay!

Just read 'The Hero with a Thousand Faces' by Joe Campbell. Now I need a new book. PM me suggestions!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Awards and Stuff 2005-04-13 20:16:10

So you put a bid in on the whole building? That must be a fair ammount of scratch.

Assuming you get it, I vote you dub it Fulp Tower. It has a nice ring to it.

Response to NG Awards and Stuff 2005-04-13 20:24:02

Tom, NG won't just be a crappy little site that has been hosted by some little company...instead...

We'll all be a huge community dominateing the web and letting everyone know about it :'(...such a beautiful moment :'(

BBS Signature

Response to NG Awards and Stuff 2005-04-13 20:47:40

cool i hope all goes well. i have school but i wouldnt be much of a work asset anyway.

Response to NG Awards and Stuff 2005-04-13 20:54:29

At 4/13/05 07:09 PM, cryptacet wrote: Actual headquarters may differ from photo:

I know that'd be one of my holiday stops.

Good lick Tom.
GO NG HQ !!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Awards and Stuff 2005-04-13 21:21:54

i live in the area Tom! Can you give me a job? eh? eh? eh? You would be getting a finely educated University student :)

Every once in very great while comes a ridiculously funny thread. So funny in fact i must put it into my sig http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1049194/1

Response to NG Awards and Stuff 2005-04-13 21:31:04

At 4/13/05 04:14 PM, TomFulp wrote:
I've made a bid on a building nearby! Please cross your fingers and hope my offer is accepted, because finally having a Newgrounds office would be really cool.

Best of luck!

July 6th is the ten year anniversary of NG.

Wow! 10 years!

Man, congrats on having made it so far from your Neo-geo beginnings and I'm honoured to have been part of this scene for a while.

The fact that you've taken this so far on your own is really inspiring and I give you an even more flamboyant version of the Rimmer salute.

Response to NG Awards and Stuff 2005-04-13 21:41:02

You mean I might have a dream place to work after all. :)
I made a little fun photo shop thread, I dedicated the sign up date to the ten year anniversery.

Response to NG Awards and Stuff 2005-04-13 21:46:54

PLEASE TOM PLEASE MAKE ME PART OF THE STAFF... it would be so AWSOME.

but other then that good luck for the property, that would be cool to have more room then your own basement

<<p.s. can you have me part of your staff even if your working in a basement>>

we dont choose love, love chooses us

i'd rather be hated for who i am, than be loved for who i'm not

BBS Signature

Response to NG Awards and Stuff 2005-04-13 22:01:45

At 4/13/05 04:14 PM, TomFulp wrote: Currently, I'm in the basement. It's a nice basement, but no one wants to hang out down here and the cats won't stay off the keyboard.

The entire era of Newgrounds going on for like 7 years providing so much bandwith and new attention is controlled by some 22 year old guy who lives in his basement?
What if someone broke into your house, they could destroy it with a delete key...

Response to NG Awards and Stuff 2005-04-13 22:04:27

Good luck Tom. I'll cross my fingers, and force my neighbors to do the same...with VIOLENCE...hoooray violence!

Response to NG Awards and Stuff 2005-04-13 22:21:38

Best of luck.

i've been coming here for almost... geeze, 9 years now, and signed up on the first day i got internet at my house, dec 2001.

this place has been an inspiration for me and a great outlet of creativity.

it really can shape people, and you've done some great shit, as well as showcased.

best of luck and here's to high hopes.

Response to NG Awards and Stuff 2005-04-13 22:22:05

Tom my finger's are crossed for you as long time user I hope you guys get the dream office finally you have my support.

Response to NG Awards and Stuff 2005-04-13 22:25:31

I have been a member since March 25 2000 a friend showed me the site assain was the first thing he showed me been hooked ever since then Tom

Response to NG Awards and Stuff 2005-04-13 22:44:28

No offence I think its a waste of money. I mean seriously why do people think they need a big building for a business? Toms house is like two Storys! Why not him just setting up the office up stairs or something. I dont understand? But good luck getting rid of BEDN LOL!

Michael Garza Show is on YouTube - Rumble - Spotify

BBS Signature

Response to NG Awards and Stuff 2005-04-13 22:44:48

All right! Take that guy up on the Home Depot offer.. it'd save you alot on paint. Be sure to deck it out with posters and stuff; an atmospheric working environme-- fuck it. It'd just be cool. And uh.. damn, I'm assuming the thing is already bought. I'd be up for some server downtime as long as you can get an office.

Response to NG Awards and Stuff 2005-04-13 22:54:54

Wow, i could go there when im drunk.. right?

Response to NG Awards and Stuff 2005-04-13 23:23:18

At 4/13/05 04:14 PM, TomFulp wrote: I'm really hoping I'll have a team, though. It's just so hard to get people to come work in your basement.

What kinda team? I mean, a super-hero team might be hesitant...but if it were a team of animatored, scripters, programers, etc...I'm sure theres hundreds of people who would dream of doing that on newgrounds.

Besides that, if you did get some property, you'd need to give tours...I'd definately go if I were in the area.

Response to NG Awards and Stuff 2005-04-13 23:35:05

do you love your cat? Take her/him off the keyboard and stroke him and love him.

WOOT WOOT WOOT WOOT

BBS Signature

Response to NG Awards and Stuff 2005-04-13 23:35:30

Good luck with the building! :)

Response to NG Awards and Stuff 2005-04-14 00:25:19

Do you do something else for a "permanent job?". The way you describe it, it seems like New Grounds isn't profitable engough for you to quit your day job. I assumed the sponsors were paying your bills. Maybe I misunderstood. I was curious, do you do anything else for a living, or is this your fulltime job. If so, are you alone?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------
RE: : For TEN YEARS, the NG office has always been in a basement, spare room, or even in the corner of my living room. Currently, I'm in the basement. It's a nice basement, but no one wants to hang out down here and the cats won't stay off the keyboard.

Getting an office will be a real coming-of-age moment for Newgrounds. I might actually be able to get some sort of a team to come to work every day, who knows. I'm trying not to get my hopes up; chances are it will just be a big empty room with me on a computer, ala that movie Simone with Al Pacino. I'm really hoping I'll have a team, though. It's just so hard to get people to come work in your basement. No one takes you seriously.

I don't want to jinx anything by giving away too many details. The place will need a lot of work if I get it. If my offer is accepted, I'll post pictures of the building and everyone can start to get excited about what we'll do with it. Ok, I probably shouldn't talk about it like it's OURS, it will really be MINE, ALL MINE! But I hope we can all share in the excitement of Newgrounds having an office. KEEP THOSE FINGERS CROSSED!

Response to NG Awards and Stuff 2005-04-14 00:32:12

Wow, an NG office sounds awesome. Good luck with the building!

Response to NG Awards and Stuff 2005-04-14 00:35:33

I am really excited for you Tom, and I'm sure everyone will be extremely happy if you get the office. NG will have its HQ and will finally have a permanent (Sure hope so) home.
But people wouldnt work in your basement? I could understand that but doesnt the fact you run a successful website with hundreds of thousands of users tempt some?

Anyway, the very best of luck in getting the office building. :D

BBS Signature