00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kiler91 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Awards and Stuff

16,733 Views | 175 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to NG Awards and Stuff 2005-04-14 22:08:36

This is awesome, I want to work for newgrounds :D

Response to NG Awards and Stuff 2005-04-14 22:47:59

Good luck! I'm really hoping you will get the building. I'll keep my fingers crossed and pray.

Response to NG Awards and Stuff 2005-04-14 23:22:17

This is very good

Response to NG Awards and Stuff 2005-04-14 23:32:06

i have my fingers crossed 4 u Tom!!!

Response to NG Awards and Stuff 2005-04-14 23:42:17

At 4/14/05 07:45 PM, TomFulp wrote:
This actually brings up a big question I've been wanting to put out there. We might have a fair amount of spare room in the office, that is, more space than we can afford to fill with employees. So if there are creative people who work from home and want to get into an energizing office environment, I think this would be the place. You wouldn't be paid, but you wouldn't be obligated to NG, either. The question would be what you can bring to the table in exchange for space in the office - such as doing free work for NG in your spare time. Does that sort of thing sound fun? :)

Holy shit...there it is...a Newgrounds internship. Of course it sounds fun! Time for me to research the demand for multimedia out in Philly!

Hmmm...I haven't worked on Gunstar Heroes, but I've got freelance work involving Flash game design for Cartoon Network on my resume! How does that sound??

Response to NG Awards and Stuff 2005-04-14 23:46:44

I LOVE YOU TOM FULP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response to NG Awards and Stuff 2005-04-15 00:42:21

At 4/14/05 07:45 PM, TomFulp wrote: The question would be what you can bring to the table in exchange for space in the office - such as doing free work for NG in your spare time. Does that sort of thing sound fun? :)

Hmmm....I....um...I KNOW RUN-FU! Actually, what would free work for NG be, tele-marketing?

At 4/14/05 08:06 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 4/14/05 04:18 PM, LazyFuckingBastard wrote: How much floor space you getting?
We would have 3,000 square feet of fun.

Yes, plenty of space for a Run-Fu dojo, what, that isn't good enough for you, oh yeah, well, LOOK OVER THERE, *runs away*

Response to NG Awards and Stuff 2005-04-15 00:48:29

I'm crossing my fingers, Tom. Good luck!

Response to NG Awards and Stuff 2005-04-15 00:51:44

Yeah, Newgrounds should have an office, with cats jumping on the keyboad 'n' stuff like that, and office would be a better place than a basement. I hope your offer is accepted Tom.

Response to NG Awards and Stuff 2005-04-15 02:48:54

Cool! Long live NG-Haus! Good luck Tom, this could be the start of a FlashFactory churning out great content!

Response to NG Awards and Stuff 2005-04-15 03:29:03

"NG HQ Team" Hey I want to work at your building, Im pretty good at art, both by hand and formidable on the computer, Ive got a can do attitude and Im a hard worker. Ive been a loyal member for going on 4-6 years now, I think... Ill have to check on that one somehow.Im only 16 and out scrounging for a job, so if not now I look foreward to working there in the future, it would truly be a dream job thanks. and hey, Im curious if there would be wages, if not Id still work there though but for limited time with working another job. A guy has to make a living. I wouldn't be surprised if you could get a huge team, ppl would be begging at your feet to work for you. I know Im young, but Im a dreamer, just likeyou were once when you began NG. Good luck on your aquisition of the building.Andy

X-Droid-X

Response to NG Awards and Stuff 2005-04-15 04:53:42

Aww, man!! My fingers came uncrossed... now I gotta do them up again.

*crosses fingers* that's better.

Response to NG Awards and Stuff 2005-04-15 04:58:39

At 4/13/05 04:14 PM, TomFulp wrote: KEEP THOSE FINGERS CROSSED!

*keeping my fingers crossed* i jope you get it Tom

http://www.interstellarmarines.com/

the best AAA Indie game in the making, help the game by spreading the word! ;D

BBS Signature

Response to NG Awards and Stuff 2005-04-15 08:15:16

At 4/14/05 11:46 PM, hero_of_time1017 wrote: I LOVE YOU TOM FULP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This made my day.

LMAO

Response to NG Awards and Stuff 2005-04-15 10:36:37

At 4/14/05 07:45 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 4/14/05 11:09 AM, Needle wrote: If this pulled through, I would totally relocate to the Philly area to join up. I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but trying to work from home just saps my will to live. I get too easily distracted, and in the end nothing gets done (for over a year, at that o_O).
This actually brings up a big question I've been wanting to put out there. We might have a fair amount of spare room in the office, that is, more space than we can afford to fill with employees. So if there are creative people who work from home and want to get into an energizing office environment, I think this would be the place. You wouldn't be paid, but you wouldn't be obligated to NG, either. The question would be what you can bring to the table in exchange for space in the office - such as doing free work for NG in your spare time. Does that sort of thing sound fun? :)

Yes, that sounds FUN. I have an office job right now, but I hope to go out on my own eventually. My skills far exceed my paycheck and with a few more I'll be a one-stop shop. So my own business/freelance might be a move of mine in the next few years. If you're coming in the area, I'd definately be interested in helping out NG and maybe even sharing some space with you guys. Any chance the place you bid on is any of those I sent you a while back from the Lansdale area? ;) Doubtful. But you may still be in the area. Shoot me a n email email. I'd be happy to spend some weekends lending fixer-upper type help if you've got work to do on the place. That's probably a bit more compelling of a contribution than just buying some stickers :)

BBS Signature

Response to NG Awards and Stuff 2005-04-15 12:20:57

At 4/14/05 08:06 PM, TomFulp wrote:

OGM Tom reply count=3

At 4/14/05 04:18 PM, LazyFuckingBastard wrote: How much floor space you getting?
We would have 3,000 square feet of fun.

That's not bad. You should fill most of it with a giant inflatable bouncy floor. With the fileservers on it.

Talking of which, just saw my first Code (1) error since 2003.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Awards and Stuff 2005-04-15 13:16:47

At 4/13/05 04:14 PM, TomFulp wrote:
For TEN YEARS, the NG office has always been in a basement, spare room, or even in the corner of my living room. Currently, I'm in the basement. It's a nice basement, but no one wants to hang out down here and the cats won't stay off the keyboard.

Getting an office will be a real coming-of-age moment for Newgrounds. I might actually be able to get some sort of a team to come to work every day, who knows. I'm trying not to get my hopes up; chances are it will just be a big empty room with me on a computer, ala that movie Simone with Al Pacino. I'm really hoping I'll have a team, though. It's just so hard to get people to come work in your basement. No one takes you seriously.

Hey Tom, if you do get the office space. You should put a giant picture of the tank and AH up on the wall. Maybe even take and put up other famous NG icons up on your walls. This is just an idea to make your office more homely and gives it a NG touch.

Response to NG Awards and Stuff 2005-04-15 13:35:31

This is just an idea to make your office more homely and gives it a NG touch.

home·ly ( P ) Pronunciation Key (hml)
adj. home·li·er, home·li·est
Not attractive or good-looking: a homely child.
Lacking elegance or refinement: homely furniture.
Of a simple or unpretentious nature; plain: homely truths.
Characteristic of the home or of home life: homely skills.

Ha ha, whoops. I'm sure that's not what you meant ;)

BBS Signature

Response to NG Awards and Stuff 2005-04-15 13:36:37

I'm sure you meant the last definintion ;)

BBS Signature

Response to NG Awards and Stuff 2005-04-17 16:01:25

its a website what kinda money dou make y do u need an office and a team for??
At 4/13/05 04:14 PM, TomFulp wrote

Getting an office will be a real coming-of-age moment for Newgrounds. I might actually be able to get some sort of a team to come to work every day, who knows. I'm trying not to get my hopes up; chances are it will just be a big empty room with me on a computer, ala that movie Simone with Al Pacino. I'm really hoping I'll have a team,

Response to NG Awards and Stuff 2005-04-17 17:48:23

where will the office be?

Response to NG Awards and Stuff 2005-04-19 12:54:58

could you make me a moderator, tom?

Response to NG Awards and Stuff 2005-04-20 15:04:10

At 4/13/05 04:14 PM, TomFulp wrote: The cats won't stay off the keyboard.

Haha!
I played Counter-Strike: Source and a guy I jumped on from behind a corner almost shat his pants: Both me jumping out of no-where shooting like crazy, plus his cat jumping up on him! =D

I loved that. =)

Response to NG Awards and Stuff 2005-04-20 15:05:40

At 4/15/05 12:20 PM, LazyFuckingBastard wrote: Talking of which, just saw my first Code (1) error since 2003.

Heh, it was yesterday at this time of my post if I ain't wrong.

But I'm use to watch all kind of errors going on. Well. Just code 3 all the time. =P

Response to NG Awards and Stuff 2005-04-23 02:52:06

keep your fingers croosed tom.

NG Awards and Stuff

Response to NG Awards and Stuff 2005-04-26 21:56:16

Wow good luck!

NG Awards and Stuff