TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to NG Awards and Stuff Apr. 14th, 2005 @ 09:53 AM Reply

But as far as I know NG already has a great crew. James for the programming and database, your brother Wade for mainting NG and solving problems and Tim for the servers.

You can share the room ofcourse with Tim and Wade. But what about James?

And are you now saying you wanna get a bigger crew?

NG does have a crew, but it's spread out a bit. I just want to have a place where people can come to work. I would also like to grow the team a bit, but growing is a very slooow process. We can only add one person at a time and we really need to pinpoint the type of person we need to add next.

This is the game JohnnyUtah and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
Panthar-1
Panthar-1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to NG Awards and Stuff Apr. 14th, 2005 @ 09:58 AM Reply

*Crosses Finger*

After you got the new NG HQ will you put an xbox with a halo in it :) so you can play during your lunch brake ?

Zendra
Zendra
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Blank Slate
Response to NG Awards and Stuff Apr. 14th, 2005 @ 09:59 AM Reply

At 4/14/05 09:53 AM, TomFulp wrote: NG does have a crew, but it's spread out a bit. I just want to have a place where people can come to work. I would also like to grow the team a bit, but growing is a very slooow process. We can only add one person at a time and we really need to pinpoint the type of person we need to add next.

I see. Well Wade and Tim leave near you, so I'm quite sure they can always come there. And Synj and Stamper ofcourse. I do think it would be a little harder to get James there, though.

And what kinda person you're looking for? Another programmer, designer? I thought everything was pretty much covered. Or you guys have it way too busy with other things.

But it is a very nice idea to have an official office for NG. Now let's hope your offer will win. And what are the futher plans of your - upcoming - office then? :)

DonDoli
DonDoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to NG Awards and Stuff Apr. 14th, 2005 @ 09:59 AM Reply

At 4/14/05 09:53 AM, TomFulp wrote: I would also like to grow the team

But what would this additional team do? And this won't ever become a paysite, right?

TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to NG Awards and Stuff Apr. 14th, 2005 @ 10:02 AM Reply

At 4/14/05 09:59 AM, DonDoli wrote:
At 4/14/05 09:53 AM, TomFulp wrote: I would also like to grow the team
But what would this additional team do? And this won't ever become a paysite, right?

We won't become a pay site, that would be dumb. We always toy with the idea of having Platinum Accounts, but we wouldn't lock users out of existing features if we ever implemented something like that. Right now it's not high priority - ideas like that fluctuate with the advertising wave going up and down.

This is the game JohnnyUtah and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
Zendra
Zendra
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Blank Slate
Response to NG Awards and Stuff Apr. 14th, 2005 @ 10:06 AM Reply

At 4/14/05 10:02 AM, TomFulp wrote: We won't become a pay site, that would be dumb. We always toy with the idea of having Platinum Accounts, but we wouldn't lock users out of existing features if we ever implemented something like that. Right now it's not high priority - ideas like that fluctuate with the advertising wave going up and down.

Platinum accounts is a nice idea. And I'm sure I would pay for it, if I need too. For aslong as NG exsist everything has been free. We even get money for submitting Flash or just voting. Kinda insane, but so cool.

So it would be a very nice feature indeed, but then don't ask too many money, ey. ;)

ScrunchMuppet
ScrunchMuppet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to NG Awards and Stuff Apr. 14th, 2005 @ 10:12 AM Reply

Carlton Sheets would be proud.
Of course the advantage of the home basement office would be not having to actually go to the office to run NG. You're already there.

KyleRoberts
KyleRoberts
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 45
Programmer
Response to NG Awards and Stuff Apr. 14th, 2005 @ 10:17 AM Reply

At 4/14/05 09:53 AM, TomFulp wrote:
NG does have a crew, but it's spread out a bit. I just want to have a place where people can come to work. I would also like to grow the team a bit, but growing is a very slooow process. We can only add one person at a time and we really need to pinpoint the type of person we need to add next.

Let's say you found the right people to come aboard NG. What kind of work would you need them to do? Just curious as to what takes up the most time maintaining NG....

Afro-Ninja
Afro-Ninja
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Game Developer
Response to NG Awards and Stuff Apr. 14th, 2005 @ 10:27 AM Reply

Hurry Tom! You need to get this place bustling in a year, so when I get out of college I can actually go work somewhere cool :). I don't want to spend my days writing bank software -_-

BBS Signature
juraj
juraj
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to NG Awards and Stuff Apr. 14th, 2005 @ 10:29 AM Reply

At 4/14/05 10:02 AM, TomFulp wrote: We won't become a pay site, that would be dumb. We always toy with the idea of having Platinum Accounts, but we wouldn't lock users out of existing features if we ever implemented something like that. Right now it's not high priority - ideas like that fluctuate with the advertising wave going up and down.

Then what would be the idea of having a platinum account? Profile showoff?

Tommy
Tommy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to NG Awards and Stuff Apr. 14th, 2005 @ 11:02 AM Reply

At 4/13/05 04:14 PM, TomFulp wrote: Getting an office will be a real coming-of-age moment for Newgrounds. I might actually be able to get some sort of a team to come to work every day, who knows. I'm trying not to get my hopes up; chances are it will just be a big empty room with me on a computer, ala that movie Simone with Al Pacino. I'm really hoping I'll have a team, though. It's just so hard to get people to come work in your basement. No one takes you seriously.

This part of your post sounds really promising, and if does eventually happen, im sure it will bring great results.

Needle
Needle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to NG Awards and Stuff Apr. 14th, 2005 @ 11:09 AM Reply

If this pulled through, I would totally relocate to the Philly area to join up. I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but trying to work from home just saps my will to live. I get too easily distracted, and in the end nothing gets done (for over a year, at that o_O).

Working in a neutral environment is a great way to bring life back to cartoon development. Tom if you're ever looking for new blood, you need to get in contact with me. If I don't get out of this house then I fear new Strategy Guide episodes are doomed to never come out T_T

ksayer
ksayer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to NG Awards and Stuff Apr. 14th, 2005 @ 11:22 AM Reply

hey tom fulp, when you get the newgrounds office can i work there too, i'm really quiet and i live in philly so it will be convenient, and i'll bring dunkin donuts every morning, ok thanx

Shikyoh
Shikyoh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to NG Awards and Stuff Apr. 14th, 2005 @ 11:27 AM Reply

>< I want to work there as your secretary. "Right away tom! Here is your star bucks!" "Yes sir I understand I won't tell the cops you slapped me I promise I'll be quicker next time sir!"

Vegeton
Vegeton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Artist
Response to NG Awards and Stuff Apr. 14th, 2005 @ 11:40 AM Reply

Hey Tom! Can I help at all in the new office?...I'm good with art!:D..worth a try lol. Yeah but I hope you get this office it'd be cool, send us all pictures of the shiney new office when you get it. Would it be like if someone called there someone would say "Newgrounds how may I help you?" lol.

XBOX LIVE /// KevRS

BBS Signature
diablo545
diablo545
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to NG Awards and Stuff Apr. 14th, 2005 @ 12:16 PM Reply

go hug a tree tom falp

dangerousdarren
dangerousdarren
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to NG Awards and Stuff Apr. 14th, 2005 @ 01:05 PM Reply

I have my fingers crossed for you Tom. Hope you get the office. It will be good and you could even increase sales from your store with an office if people came in. Amnyway good luck mate and make sure you make it look good. Paint on the walls the NG logo and all the NG people and the main members :) lol

DirkDettlaff
DirkDettlaff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to NG Awards and Stuff Apr. 14th, 2005 @ 01:11 PM Reply

surely you'd need a basement to keep Wade in? with a trap door to feed him his bucket of fish heads? thats a tall order

QuarterMelonClock
QuarterMelonClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to NG Awards and Stuff Apr. 14th, 2005 @ 02:10 PM Reply

Tom... You, me and the rest of NG all know that Clock Day is the most important anniversary around these parts. :)

Good luck with the office and stuff. Maybe it'll motivate you guys to get some flash projects finished =D

At 4/13/05 04:14 PM, TomFulp wrote: For TEN YEARS, the NG office has always been in a basement, spare room, or even in the corner of my living room. Currently, I'm in the basement. It's a nice basement, but no one wants to hang out down here and the cats won't stay off the keyboard.

I'll hang out in your basement any day baby.

SlashFirestorm
SlashFirestorm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Animator
Response to NG Awards and Stuff Apr. 14th, 2005 @ 02:33 PM Reply

I'd pay for a platinum account if it's ever introduced. Sounds cool. Good luck on the office!

Slash's call
was absorbed
by the darkness.

BBS Signature
InsideOutside
InsideOutside
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to NG Awards and Stuff Apr. 14th, 2005 @ 02:56 PM Reply

good luck tom

dangerousdarren
dangerousdarren
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to NG Awards and Stuff Apr. 14th, 2005 @ 02:57 PM Reply

At 4/14/05 02:33 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: I'd pay for a platinum account if it's ever introduced. Sounds cool. Good luck on the office!

Same here but where did you get that from? I mean Tom did not mention it lol

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to NG Awards and Stuff Apr. 14th, 2005 @ 03:23 PM Reply

At 4/13/05 04:14 PM, TomFulp wrote: In other news... Anyone who has been on the site for years will know that once in a while, I post something on the front page asking about commercial real estate in the Philadelphia area. It's time to shit or get off the pot; I've made a bid on a building nearby! Please cross your fingers and hope my offer is accepted, because finally having a Newgrounds office would be really cool. July 6th is the ten year anniversary of NG.

This would be such a cool step forward for the haven, where so many of my hours have gone during my life over the past year.

Getting an office will be a real coming-of-age moment for Newgrounds. I might actually be able to get some sort of a team to come to work every day, who knows. I'm trying not to get my hopes up; chances are it will just be a big empty room with me on a computer, ala that movie Simone with Al Pacino. I'm really hoping I'll have a team, though. It's just so hard to get people to come work in your basement. No one takes you seriously.

But think of it: An office, with a MASSIVE NG TANK LOGO on it. That would be so cool. I'm just drooling with anticipation.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Lazy-Mike
Lazy-Mike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to NG Awards and Stuff Apr. 14th, 2005 @ 03:23 PM Reply

Very cool idea Tom, I haven't posted on these boards in a long time, i'd like to think of myself as an old member, even though this isn't my oldest profile, it's still pretty old...

It's amazing how far the site's come.

*hums the old theme music*

darkside907
darkside907
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to NG Awards and Stuff Apr. 14th, 2005 @ 03:30 PM Reply

soon NG will be a big, evil corperation

watch.

Surfer-69
Surfer-69
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to NG Awards and Stuff Apr. 14th, 2005 @ 03:54 PM Reply

NG will have an office holy crap tom, this wite already rocks as it is, o man

The-Wrathchild
The-Wrathchild
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to NG Awards and Stuff Apr. 14th, 2005 @ 03:59 PM Reply

Its not like alot of things can be improved, newgrounds is nearly perfect as is.

BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Audiophile
Response to NG Awards and Stuff Apr. 14th, 2005 @ 04:18 PM Reply

How much floor space you getting?

Lockstockstar
Lockstockstar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to NG Awards and Stuff Apr. 14th, 2005 @ 05:28 PM Reply

sounds great, hope it works out

Darkleader
Darkleader
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to NG Awards and Stuff Apr. 14th, 2005 @ 05:32 PM Reply

I've been a huge fan of NG for about...3 years now (holy crap that sucks.) I would love to help you Tom, if I could...but I'm your average day loser, so I can't do much.