00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Demons202 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

662,947 Views | 6,553 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-19 04:32:26

At 1/16/08 03:55 PM, Envy wrote: Sometimes you might have accidentally hit the record button and changed the tmpo without knowing about it. Create an automation clip for 140 bpm, and put it wherever it usually changes, that should override the auto change.

Done and worked.
Thanks ;)

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-19 04:50:19

i have the demo i cant make big songs with it but i see someone else who can can you plz help me :)

the chosen one

>?<?::> Pwned?

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-19 05:03:19

At 1/19/08 04:50 AM, redroy99 wrote: i have the demo i cant make big songs with it but i see someone else who can can you plz help me :)

Haha :)
You got the demo of the newest version of FL, FL Studio 7, right?
The demo prohibits you from saving your music, but other than that, you can do pretty much everything with it.
I haven't used it much, since shortly after I got my demo, I bought a legal full version of it.
But other than that, not closing FL Studio is the only way to keep working on a song.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-19 06:21:00

hey guys i have been banned from audio i dont know why can someone plz tell me ? or can i never upload something again?

the chosen one

>?<?::> Pwned?

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-19 11:11:20

Ballistic: When you have this problem happen, is it in a Sampler channel? If so, copy the paino roll and paste it into any random channel, then replace the sampler channel with a new sampler channel, reload the .wav and repaste the piano roll notes into it. Sometimes the sampler glitches, especially during high load times like when you're loading alot of synths and then save and load a sample, it can bog down and not play the sample as a note sweep, but instead as a single shot with no pitch variation, a la drumkit. Just move the roll, replace, reload, then move back and it oughta work fine.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-19 11:14:07

At 1/18/08 07:00 PM, teh-RAWRR wrote: this is kind of hard to explain, but when i'm using fpc, how do i get it to be in piano roll? when i do it even after i put it in piano roll, it still stays on the sequencer and has to be on even beats or it fucks up. it ruins it to the point where i just turn fl off because I can't get anything done.

help please?

Turn off the snap-to setting OR record midi with the FPC and don't quantize if you don't want it to snap to even beats...although that could have bad effects like poor tempo spacing. If that doesn't help, we might need more info.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-19 13:13:24

At 1/19/08 06:21 AM, redroy99 wrote: hey guys i have been banned from audio i dont know why can someone plz tell me ? or can i never upload something again?

You probably uploaded a song that was stolen or looked too much like another song (like changing one channel's instrument, for example).

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-19 16:47:53

At 4/9/05 05:17 PM, Denvish wrote:
At 4/9/05 04:03 PM, Acid-Rain wrote: When I try to extend the thingy where you place the beats..... it extend to a limited number.. it lasts like ten second, how do you make 3 minute songs?
1) Click the Playlist button (or press F5)
2) Add loops on the appropriate layer by left-clicking

Wait what is that program lol!
I've been searching how but now I know.
Although I don't know where to get the program from ur picture.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-19 20:12:17

Anyone?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-19 23:48:11

is it possible to link more than one midi controller to fl, and use them to control 2 seperate instrument channels?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-19 23:56:39

At 1/19/08 08:12 PM, Mad-Mardigan wrote: Anyone?

Did you ask a question?

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-19 23:57:35

At 1/19/08 11:48 PM, bassaaphex wrote: is it possible to link more than one midi controller to fl, and use them to control 2 seperate instrument channels?

I'm pretty sure that as long as the two are plugged in, then you can use them both. You can control any channel with a midi controller, but I don't know about two at once.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-21 02:30:03

At 4/9/05 01:18 AM, Crazy-Train wrote: Ok i am using the free version I made a few decent loops and i want to post it. they are saved as the default .flp( i think not to sure) how do i go about changing them to .mp3 so i can post it on ng? thank you

Go to File; Export; Save as MP3/WAV etc...it's very simple

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-21 02:35:26

At 1/18/08 05:51 PM, Mad-Mardigan wrote: I'm REALLY new to the program and want to make a song. I tried playing with it but having some trouble.
In those littlle rectangles that you can highlight, how can you change the note?

How can you add more rectangles?

How do you record it?

im doing the free version

If you Right-Click on the name of the channel you wish to "change the note", and select "Send to Piano Roll", a separate screen will pop up with more rectangular boxes. You change the pitch of the note by dragging it upward and downward. Similarly, you can alter the duration of the note by stretching the rectangles that you add into piano roll. Those initial boxes that you see are usually only used for adding beats. However, writing beats that way is still cumbersome. I suggest writing everything in Piano Roll. This gives you more flexibility over your music.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-21 03:11:28

ok bear with me guys, I've been interested in trying to work in FL but i don't know much of how to use it, can anyone help me with some tutorials that make sense to a noob like me i.e. a FL for dummies if you will...thanks

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-21 11:48:37

At 1/21/08 03:11 AM, feenux wrote: ok bear with me guys, I've been interested in trying to work in FL but i don't know much of how to use it, can anyone help me with some tutorials that make sense to a noob like me i.e. a FL for dummies if you will...thanks

google easy FL tutorials, or simply ask your specific questions here. We can help you.

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-21 12:13:40

At 1/21/08 11:48 AM, Envy wrote:
google easy FL tutorials, or simply ask your specific questions here. We can help you.

I've tried the google thing and it always gives me places that want to charge me for videos, I'd buy them but I'm broke as all hell so if anyone has knowledge of a site that hosts free tutorials it would be highly appreciated

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-22 10:58:38

I think theres a FL tutorial somewhere here on Newgrounds.
Or try and search youtube, there are tutorials for everything there...

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-22 12:18:35

hey i need some help for a song im working on... what are some good things on FL for real sounding brass or orchestra instruments?

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-22 20:57:21

Does anyone know how to disable enable the integrated delay on the Sytrus?? I hardly use it, but I brought it up, picked a preset for a bass, added a bit of distortion with the wave shaper and blah blah a diddly doo whatever, but it has delay... And it makes the sound bad when I change notes. Does anyone know what knob I have to turn, or what whatever I have to do to turn it off? Answers would be much appreciated.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-22 21:02:28

At 1/22/08 08:57 PM, Xylence wrote: Does anyone know how to disable enable the integrated delay on the Sytrus?? I hardly use it, but I brought it up, picked a preset for a bass, added a bit of distortion with the wave shaper and blah blah a diddly doo whatever, but it has delay... And it makes the sound bad when I change notes. Does anyone know what knob I have to turn, or what whatever I have to do to turn it off? Answers would be much appreciated.

Go to the FX tab in sytrus, and... its hard to tell you exactly where it is, but its one of the slidey knobs at the top, and if you hold your cursor over the different knobs, top left of FL it will say "chorus delay" slide that knob down.

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-22 21:04:00

Also, find the different 'delay units in the top right of the FX tab. turn them down and such..."

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-22 23:09:58

I realize this is for FL studio questions, but I don't want to start a thread for this,
Can someone please tell me what the deal is with the weekly top 5. Is it decided by vote or play number, and is it updated weekly rain or shine? Also, what day of the week is it updated. Thanks very much, sorry for the disruption.

Click the Sig for mind expanding Hip-Hop

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-23 01:05:54

At 4/9/05 03:01 AM, BR wrote: I'm very glad to see this forum implenated. Go Audio Artists!

At 4/8/05 09:00 PM, RageVI wrote: And I, or anyone else who wishes to, will try and answer them.

Do we have a deal?
Cool, I got a quick question, do you typically use soundfonts & other types of instruments for your songs?

At 4/9/05 01:18 AM, Crazy_Train wrote: Ok i am using the free version I made a few decent loops and i want to post it. they are saved as the default .flp( i think not to sure) how do i go about changing them to .mp3 so i can post it on ng? thank you
I'm not sure for the shareware version, but usually you can check at:

File > Save as > and under Save as type > MPEG layer 3 file. Or just Export under file.

The free version says you can't save any of your projects. At least thats what it said to me.

And, how do I get a piano and techno/trance sounds together?

How do I create a loop then it goes onto a different loop?

SHIZ NITS

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-23 01:09:43

Where do you get your training in FL Studio?

SHIZ NITS

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-23 02:20:48

My instruments are not mixing well, and it brings out a loud piece, much louder than intended. To top it all off, when I submitted it to NG, it was even louder.
Anyone know what's going on with that?

what happened to this place?

Latest Blog: Chaos Sonic Ch 3 Update.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-23 02:33:23

At 1/23/08 01:09 AM, 3KNO wrote: Where do you get your training in FL Studio?

By going to youtube and searching for "FL 7 tutorials", or something similar. Warbeats.com also has some good tutorials to get you started.

At 1/22/08 11:09 PM, timpinisucks wrote: I realize this is for FL studio questions, but I don't want to start a thread for this,
Can someone please tell me what the deal is with the weekly top 5. Is it decided by vote or play number, and is it updated weekly rain or shine? Also, what day of the week is it updated. Thanks very much, sorry for the disruption.

The NGAP Weekly Top 5 is updated every week on Wednesday. They are decided by the songs which have the highest top score for the week. There is a number of votes needed to be eligible for the top 5, but I'm not sure what it is.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-23 11:53:58

Hey i posted yesterday for some help in FL but no one responded. Srry to sound like im whinin. can someone help this time? OK heres the question: im working on a song that would involve a lot of orchestral instruments and im not sure where on the program to find them, is it under sytrus or....what? Also is it possible to change the time signature to something instead of 4/4? thanks.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-23 12:12:19

At 1/23/08 11:53 AM, redcru92 wrote: Hey i posted yesterday for some help in FL but no one responded. Srry to sound like im whinin. can someone help this time? OK heres the question: im working on a song that would involve a lot of orchestral instruments and im not sure where on the program to find them, is it under sytrus or....what? Also is it possible to change the time signature to something instead of 4/4? thanks.

Options > Project General settings will bring you to a small, simple menu. there you can change the time signature to whatever you need/ want it to be.

As for the orchestral instruments, you can find all sorts of them (called VST's or VSTi's) around the internet. Chances are you will find a few of them on KVRAudio.com. If you really want to use the ones that are built into FL, you can use Sytrus' presets, make your own sounds, or modify the presets to get what you want. You can find them by using the browser on the left side (by default), or by going to Channels > Add One > Sytrus, then clicking the little plug-in icon at the top left of the Sytrus window and clicking on presets.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-23 12:14:16

Thanks, it really helped! Ill probably post later today, then you can see if i did it right.

BBS Signature