00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SNiter27 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

665,929 Views | 6,553 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-12-01 04:42:49

At 4/8/05 09:00 PM, RageVI wrote: And I, or anyone else who wishes to, will try and answer them.

Do we have a deal?
At 4/8/05 09:00 PM, RageVI wrote: And I, or anyone else who wishes to, will try and answer them.

Do we have a deal?

well here is a question...
what edition of fl studio is better ?

FL Studio XXL (it costs by download 361$ and by box 449$)
FL Studio Producer Edition<strong/> (it costs by download 149$ and by box 209$)
FL Studio Fruityloops Edition (it costs by download 99$ and by box 139$)
FL Studio Express (it costs by download 49$ and by box same i think )

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-12-01 04:46:32

At 12/1/07 04:42 AM, timRAGE wrote: well here is a question...

Well, XXL/producer are kind of on par with each other apart from a few minor add-ons and extras (which come in handy) but if your just starting out go for express once your too advanced for it upgrade, so on and so fourth.

see my massive on-going sentence :P

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-12-01 05:14:13

At 12/1/07 04:46 AM, TjA wrote:
At 12/1/07 04:42 AM, timRAGE wrote: well here is a question...
Well, XXL/producer are kind of on par with each other apart from a few minor add-ons and extras (which come in handy) but if your just starting out go for express once your too advanced for it upgrade, so on and so fourth.
see my massive on-going sentence :P

Cool but i got 1 prob... i all ready got XXL
and i know the program ultra ultra basicly.

And i cant find any normal tutorials ...
do you got any good tut's ?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-12-02 17:32:57

I got a new mic, and it doesnt seem to be working in FL! Can someone help me out?? PLEASE?

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio

Latest Track: Phoenix

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-12-03 11:32:59

At 12/1/07 05:14 AM, timRAGE wrote:
At 12/1/07 04:46 AM, TjA wrote:
At 12/1/07 04:42 AM, timRAGE wrote:

Cool but i got 1 prob... i all ready got XXL
and i know the program ultra ultra basicly.

And i cant find any normal tutorials ...
do you got any good tut's ?

Ask your specific questions here, we can either tell you where to get a tutorial for that question, or we can answer it.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-12-03 16:07:08

Well it will be grate if you tell me where can i get tutorials for FL STUDIO.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-12-03 16:11:11

At 12/3/07 04:07 PM, timRAGE wrote: Well it will be grate if you tell me where can i get tutorials for FL STUDIO.

You can try googling for it, or go to the fruityloops website, they should have tutorials there

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-12-03 16:21:35

At 12/2/07 05:32 PM, TMM43 wrote: I got a new mic, and it doesnt seem to be working in FL! Can someone help me out?? PLEASE?

A new external mic TMM43?

First make sure that you can record something with it period. Go to Accessories in your Start (if you're using Windows), bust out the ghetto recorder they have in there, and then record something.

If you can, you know there's something not right in Fruity

If you can't, then there's something wrong with the setup.

If you can record something in there, go to Fruity Studio's, press F1, and type in Mic Recording, and you should get a bunch of help files.

Hope that helps!

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-12-03 17:46:11

Well, the mic does work, but when i go int o FL and try to put the mic on the "IN" on the mixer, it says something like " Not-Connected 1 - Not-Connected 2". So I try to get ASIO to recognize my mic, but all it has is "WDM Device List" and nothing under that. Is that right? If not, can some one help me out with that?

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-12-04 00:32:57

odd, you are sure that you put the mic in the correct port? it usually in the pink port if you're putting it in the computer directly. If you're putting it through an external sound card that might make things interesting for ya...

if you can't record anything with it, then the computer isn't seeing the mic, if you can't get that working nothing you do in FL will help.

Mic's don't come with drivers or installation CD's, they need to be put in the right slot alone pretty much.

Try turning on the recorder, and then start recording, then put the mic into different ports, and see if you're getting any kind of interference. When you take the mic out of a port, even if it's the wrong one, you should hear SOME kind of static for a split second.

See if that helps.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-12-04 11:12:54

At 11/27/07 05:15 PM, goldy-15 wrote:
At 11/27/07 02:49 PM, Sp1r1T wrote: WAT DUZ FL MEAN?!?
FruityLoops

Lol he took me seriously :']

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-12-04 12:16:44

At 12/4/07 12:32 AM, MaestroRage wrote: odd, you are sure that you put the mic in the correct port? it usually in the pink port if you're putting it in the computer directly. If you're putting it through an external sound card that might make things interesting for ya...

Well I only have one (1) mic input on my laptop. Which is labeled, and colored. I've tried the sound recording with the program that comes with the computer. The mic works with that... =(

At 12/3/07 05:46 PM, TMM43 wrote: Ey yo I've got some effin' mic probs aight!
Same here... My mic worked great in FL6 but when

I switched to 7 I couldn't get FL to recognize any mics at all.... I'd recommend an external wave editor for recording instead.

Humm... It's not just recording that I want, I want real-time output as well.

I'll try to mess around with it a little more. If I can't get it, I'm gonna give up...

Thanks for your help! =)

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-12-04 19:20:55

I have the exact same problem, but I just use an external wave recorder called "EXPSTUDIO AUDIO EDITOR"

Works wonders.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-12-06 08:14:40

At 11/28/07 01:45 AM, SuperFlonic wrote:
At 11/27/07 04:42 PM, navij11 wrote: Easier way: Get Finale, and export as a midi. Then you can import it into FL Studio. Easy. Done.
I tried that, but as far as I have been looking, there isn't a way to export a .mid file using Finale, only .mus.

Again, since I really want to know this, how does I do that?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-12-06 13:23:45

WTF?! I was just looking around for one of my own songs to remix.Then,I found out that my M2593 song (care to find the hidden message there?) FLP filesize is 61 MBs!!!

WHY THE FUCK?!

The only thing that is around that filesize and is used in the song is SuperRiff Guitar VST,but still...why the fuck is the file size so big?!

i deserve death

dont click the link this account is shit and fuck me

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-12-07 05:41:06

At 12/6/07 01:23 PM, Androu1 wrote: WTF?! I was just looking around for one of my own songs to remix.Then,I found out that my M2593 song (care to find the hidden message there?) FLP filesize is 61 MBs!!!

WHY THE FUCK?!

The only thing that is around that filesize and is used in the song is SuperRiff Guitar VST,but still...why the fuck is the file size so big?!

Probably just an error in FL Studio.
But for the sake of it, export is as an MP3, and watch how big it is.
Highest quality.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-12-08 11:26:28

I got another question.
How do I fade in a single channel/layer, just that one sequence I made using the piano roll?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-12-08 13:27:05

At 12/8/07 11:26 AM, SuperFlonic wrote: I got another question.
How do I fade in a single channel/layer, just that one sequence I made using the piano roll?

There are two ways of fading in just about anything. Through automation clips or through the edit events key.

To fade in a specifiic value of a synth (volume, panning, filter cut off, etc.) through automation, you insert an automation clip to the channels window, then place it on the clip section on the playlist. It's like a line on a graph with values from 1-100, that you can stretch . Then right click on whatever knob (in this case the volume knob if you want a volume fade in, or the filter cut off knob if you want a filter fade in) and click "link to controller". A new window will open and in the center there's a little.... thing where you choose what to connect it to (where you can also connect it to peak controllers and stuff) where you will choose autoclip (or if you renamed the autoclip, the name you... named... it... by) then the line will on the autoclip in the clip section of the play list will be the the movement of the knob. If the line goes up, the knob goes up, if the line goes down... The volum goes down. (It's not that I think you're a moron... It's just that I'm trying to explain this as elemental as possible for it to make sense... Cuase it's kinda hard to explain this in a forum reply)

To control fade in through the "Edit events" feature, which is much more simple, but doesn't offer as many possiblities as the automation clip style cause you can only assign the control to one knob at a time, while with the autoclip style, you can assign the same autoclip to several knobs... anywho, to do it through "edit events" you do the following: whatever knob/lever it is you want to fade in/fade out, you right click it and then choose edit events. A new window will open which is kinda' like a piano roll. There will be the knob control. The edit events style creates a pattern on the piano roll, which you will have to place under the pattern where the synth that you want to fade in is.

Hope this didn't sound like a whole bunch of mumbo-jumbo. Just experiment with it a bit and you'll get the trick.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-12-09 00:17:19

3x osc:
How do I get the synth to stop playing?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-12-09 09:55:31

This might sound like a really stupid question. But I was playing with the sound waves in the 3x osc and I was moving them around. Can you tell me what each wave changes on the sound?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-12-09 10:09:33

At 12/9/07 10:04 AM, Crossofdevil wrote: What is the best version of fruity loops available up to date right now?

FL 7

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-12-09 10:17:57

At 12/9/07 10:14 AM, Crossofdevil wrote:
FL 7
Not 7.8.9 or some shit its just 7? Not producer edition 7 just plain 7?

I use FL 7 XXL Producers Edition.
I didn't know there was a .x.x.x type one.
Try looking on their site.
Actually I will. If I find different than what I have, I'll post it here.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-12-09 10:56:39

FL 7

Actually, there's a beta for 7.4 out, and the current one is 7.2 (I think).

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-12-09 11:05:07

At 12/9/07 10:56 AM, navij11 wrote:
FL 7
Actually, there's a beta for 7.4 out, and the current one is 7.2 (I think).

I didn't see anything on the website, so... yeah.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-12-09 23:16:26

At 12/9/07 12:17 AM, JoeyNukes wrote: 3x osc:
How do I get the synth to stop playing?

forgey pause plz?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-12-10 00:37:43

Yo guys. Great thread, and I'm glad I found this because I've been looking for a nice compact place to check out and ask questions about FL.

I got FL 5 prod. edition, and I've been working on some stuff, but I was just wondering if I could ask a somewhat-personal question to the audiophiles here.

When you're doing a song (trance/hip-hop/what-have-you), do you guys use pattern 1 - X for all your drum beats while using patterns outside of those for individual sounds or do you guys mix them together in one pattern?

Also, is there a way to compact the items you put on the playlist from 4 cells to 2 cells, or just play the first part of a pattern rather than the entire thing? Or does that require making a whole new pattern with just the first part of that other pattern?

Sorry if my questions are too noobish and round-about. Thanks in advance.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-12-10 10:30:58

At 12/10/07 12:37 AM, LurkerPatrol wrote: Yo guys. Great thread, and I'm glad I found this because I've been looking for a nice compact place to check out and ask questions about FL.

I got FL 5 prod. edition, and I've been working on some stuff, but I was just wondering if I could ask a somewhat-personal question to the audiophiles here.

FL Studio has free lifetime updates, so you should get 7 now, k?

When you're doing a song (trance/hip-hop/what-have-you), do you guys use pattern 1 - X for all your drum beats while using patterns outside of those for individual sounds or do you guys mix them together in one pattern?

It depends on the song. Normally, on a trance or drum and bass song, I'll use the same patterns. However, I usually end up with a lot of channels with a single instrument anyways. It is a lot simpler for me to use 1 pattern.

Also, is there a way to compact the items you put on the playlist from 4 cells to 2 cells, or just play the first part of a pattern rather than the entire thing? Or does that require making a whole new pattern with just the first part of that other pattern?

Yes, on the top there is a little number selector that's usually at "--"? Change that to 2.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-12-11 01:34:00

Other than recording a real guitar, is there a definite way to get the FL Slayer to do palm muting?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-12-12 15:37:11

At 12/11/07 01:34 AM, nal1200 wrote: Other than recording a real guitar, is there a definite way to get the FL Slayer to do palm muting?

I would also like to know this.

i also wanted to know what drum kit plugins i can get. I saw some EZdrummer on youtube, can I get that for FL7?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-12-12 15:54:27

You can buy or download something called samples. Which are essentially drums samples or sound effect samples. You can then load those into FL because they are wav files. For the most part you have to buy them from Cd's at small time CD stores, or you can find some free samples on-line, but free samples are usually not as high quality as the ones you can buy.

Wat