00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BrunoVugl just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

663,836 Views | 6,553 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-18 19:30:04

At 8/18/07 07:28 PM, redcru92 wrote: hey, i gots one more question... can you clone an entire patter? if so, how?

Only way I know how to do that is by hand

Its time to play games and jerk off. And Im all out of quarters.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-18 19:40:07

dude! i figured it out!!!! in the playlist, click on the pattern number and hold shift+control+c and then in the blank pattern below it, you can put the new one in and change it however you want.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-19 00:13:37

At 8/18/07 07:40 PM, redcru92 wrote: dude! i figured it out!!!! in the playlist, click on the pattern number and hold shift+control+c and then in the blank pattern below it, you can put the new one in and change it however you want.

yeah, or select the pattern go up to edit and copy... Then "paste" it in a different pattern.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-19 02:28:41

Hey I need a shitload of help with effects.
I don't even know where to start but I need all the basics. I know how to create and use automation clips and can use them to change pitch and volume and thats about it so any help you guys could give me would be awesome,

Also I'm still really new to Fruity Loops and electronica in general so if you could check out my audio and maybe give me some pointers it'd be greatly appreciated.

Pat!M /// a.k.a Dj Pope

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-19 20:34:52

Well, since the search gave me a big angry face because "fruity loops tutorials"
was too long of a search, and "FL: Main" didn't get any results, I'm going to have
to ask for some help here. :P

I would like some beginner fruity loops tutorials, something that will be able to
teach sombody who just turned the program on, and doesnt have any clue at all
what is going on.

Thanks a bunch in advance!

Sorry for not searching harder, its just so much easier to ask.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-19 20:46:02

At 8/19/07 08:34 PM, ShaunDreclin wrote: I would like some beginner fruity loops tutorials, something that will be able to
teach sombody who just turned the program on, and doesnt have any clue at all
what is going on.

This site has some nice tutorials about FL, most of the basics you can find out by just messing around a bit and reading some of the help files in the program.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-19 21:19:28

At 8/19/07 08:46 PM, Zodiak7 wrote: This site has some nice tutorials about FL

That looks like it has a lot of info, but its not really laid out in a way that gives me a "start-to-finish" lesson.

I bookmarked it, but are there any other resources I can use that are more noob-friendly?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-19 22:12:11

How can I connect my guitar to record notes on FL?
I have FL 6 XXL if it matters.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-20 14:53:32

Since i started using this program, I have been trying to make the guitar sound as real as possible (the slayer tool, I mean). Anyone got any tips on that? =|

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-20 16:34:05

Ok, Im trying to create a nice angel choir sling thing, but when im editing it on the piano roll the singing doesnt stop when the bar on the piano roll stops, it keeps doing it till the whole sound clip of the choir is over, which is very long. So if i want it to play for one beat and then stop i draw a bar over the beat but the singing doesnt stop after the beat is over it keeps going for 10 seconds. It worked the first time i tried but now i dont know whats wrong. A little help is welcome.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-20 16:44:40

alien, Fruity slicer and Wave Traveller work pretty good for that.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-20 17:18:03

At 8/20/07 02:53 PM, Sinnesraub wrote: Since i started using this program, I have been trying to make the guitar sound as real as possible (the slayer tool, I mean). Anyone got any tips on that? =|

Well the only tip I have for you is this: DON'T use FL Slayer. xP There are a few presets in Sytrus you could use, although everyone recognizes them... I don't know of any guitar VSTs off the top of my head, but I believe that there are a few out there...

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-21 15:15:59

I have encountered yet another problem. Ive made this little melody on the piano roll. I wanted to change the instrument playing the melody a bit into the song so i copyed the pattern and pasted it on a channel i wasnt using. So i dragged a bunch of other instruments on the channel and after i had tried a few it stopped changin tones. It just played the same note over and over. Even when i took back the original instrument and when i restarted FL. What the hell?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-21 15:45:09

At 8/21/07 03:15 PM, allemansing wrote: I have encountered yet another problem. Ive made this little melody on the piano roll. I wanted to change the instrument playing the melody a bit into the song so i copyed the pattern and pasted it on a channel i wasnt using. So i dragged a bunch of other instruments on the channel and after i had tried a few it stopped changin tones. It just played the same note over and over. Even when i took back the original instrument and when i restarted FL. What the hell?

Sometimes certain instruments mess up what you have in your piano roll. Just move the pattern to a new channel and start switching instruments again--It should work fine.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-21 17:03:01

At 8/21/07 03:45 PM, Valtrix wrote:

::

Sometimes certain instruments mess up what you have in your piano roll. Just move the pattern to a new channel and start switching instruments again--It should work fine.

It worked, thanks =)

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-21 17:05:03

Is there a way to make the Sytrus slide. I couldn't find a slide setting...

Sig=DJ REN

PSN ID: soul_reaper5

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-21 17:13:21

At 8/21/07 05:05 PM, Everlasting-Elements wrote: Is there a way to make the Sytrus slide. I couldn't find a slide setting...

When I opened up FL for the first time ever (when I was 11, for God's sake) I figured out how to make notes slide >:(

Here I have it playing c4 for 4 beats. On the offbeat of the first count, I have it slide up. It will have finished sliding up to c5 at the beginning of the second beat, because I made it last that long.

It'll only slide as fast as you make it.

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-21 23:13:08

Has any one gone back and downloaded the old versions of fruitly loops. just to see and poke around with what little we were givin. lol i found it amussing.

ITS SMALL CUZ IT WANTS TO BE!

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-22 03:20:02

Hey guys, long time fl user here but im having a problem,

i formated my computer today because some virus / spy ware / adds where using all my ram and cpu and lagging the hell out of fl studio.

i installed fl studio and now the cpu meater is off the chart and i get a loud crackling while playing my new song that i just made over the course of the last 3 weeks. wtf is up? im using fl 7 with asio drivers that came with it and those drivers are selected. i also tried with my hard ware drivers but that was worse, help? am i missing some setting?

I Stopped A Rape!!!

" If music is an art, let your car be the canvas, "

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-22 03:21:22

oh nvm i got it. i had my buffer set to 1 ms :D

I Stopped A Rape!!!

" If music is an art, let your car be the canvas, "

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-22 14:26:57

How do I get sounds I recorded or downloaded onto FL?

Its time to play games and jerk off. And Im all out of quarters.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-22 14:30:12

At 8/22/07 02:26 PM, TheReno wrote: How do I get sounds I recorded or downloaded onto FL?

Be more specific, where would you want them to be in FL?

!

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-22 14:31:53

At 8/22/07 02:26 PM, TheReno wrote: How do I get sounds I recorded or downloaded onto FL?

If they're a .wav sample kind of dealio, you can link the folder straight into FL by going options -> file settings -> then finding the folder with all of your .wav sounds.

If it's an MP3, you have to open up an Audio Clip (right click ->insert -> audio clip), left lick on it, click on the little folder icon, and then find your file. After that, click the "keep on disk" button off. Then you can see your sound waves and where you have to put them in order for them to be in beat.

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-22 17:00:54

At 8/20/07 04:34 PM, allemansing wrote: Ok, Im trying to create a nice angel choir sling thing, but when im editing it on the piano roll the singing doesnt stop when the bar on the piano roll stops, it keeps doing it till the whole sound clip of the choir is over, which is very long. So if i want it to play for one beat and then stop i draw a bar over the beat but the singing doesnt stop after the beat is over it keeps going for 10 seconds. It worked the first time i tried but now i dont know whats wrong. A little help is welcome.

Open up your channel go to the "misc" tab, change the Cut by, to "1" It should end when your note stops playing.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-22 18:12:28

Simple question:
Where can I find some VST instruments or whatever?
I would like a cool guitar one (I found some,better than originals...but not so good) and any electronic sounding thing.

i deserve death

dont click the link this account is shit and fuck me

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-22 18:16:43

At 8/22/07 06:12 PM, Androu1 wrote: Simple question:
Where can I find some VST instruments or whatever?
I would like a cool guitar one (I found some,better than originals...but not so good) and any electronic sounding thing.

Oh. My. God.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-22 18:22:26

You know searching is boring :P
Some people (like me) are too lazy to bother searching for things themselves :P

i deserve death

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-22 18:42:20

If you're too lazy to search for it, then you don't deserve it.

Just rape Slayer with effects.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-23 01:31:28

Meh,Slayer is shitness.

i deserve death

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-08-23 02:02:53

At 8/23/07 01:31 AM, Androu1 wrote: Meh,Slayer is shitness.

Slayer 2 is much, much better.

I AM RAPPER ALYX I AM G EAZY I AM Z RO I AM THE KING OF THE GHETTO

ASK HOW