00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ekdynasty115 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

666,858 Views | 6,553 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-05-17 01:07:55

So i found out today that FL will read the bpm of a sample and change that bpm indicator as you move the knob i indicate.

This will make things a lot easier to fit to tempos, hope this elps guize.

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-05-24 20:30:43

Does anybody here know how to remove a submix once you assign it to a channel on the mixer? I can't seem to figure it out for shit.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-05-24 21:37:07

At 5/24/12 08:30 PM, MatrixGravity wrote: Does anybody here know how to remove a submix once you assign it to a channel on the mixer? I can't seem to figure it out for shit.

Enable the send from master and right click-> reset the volume knob, disable the send to the other channel. I recommend just using the reverse this method to make submixes rather than using the menu - this way it's easier remember what you've done and you can start messing around with submixing in a more detailed way.

p.s. i am gay

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-05-27 02:08:53

I don't know if somebody already posted this, but I didn't feel like browsing 200 pages...

It seems that when rendering, fl boosts the bass, and I don't like that. Each time I have to do some patch work, anybody help???

Computer has no brain. DEAL WITH IT!

Stupidity is a dangerous and contagious disease. It can happen to you. It can happen to me

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-05-27 02:52:17

At 5/27/12 02:08 AM, TheZaaL wrote: I don't know if somebody already posted this, but I didn't feel like browsing 200 pages...

It seems that when rendering, fl boosts the bass, and I don't like that. Each time I have to do some patch work, anybody help???

This shouldn't be happening. Has it always happened, and is it happening with every project file? Try rendering with "Disable max poly" and "HQ for all plugins" UNCHECKED. If it's just happening with one song go through your initialized controls (in browser, under Current Project > Patterns > Initialized controls) and make sure there isn't anything that would turn up the bass of the master or a particular instrument.

p.s. i am gay

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-05-27 02:59:25

At 5/27/12 02:08 AM, TheZaaL wrote: I don't know if somebody already posted this, but I didn't feel like browsing 200 pages...

Are you using an ASIO4ALL driver? That driver seems to cut off lower frequencies while working on a project (I assume to allow lower latency while in a session) If you switch the audio output to DirectSound or Primary Sound Driver, then you should be able to hear the frequencies that are normally cut out.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-05-27 04:24:52

badly mixed songs exported in mp3 can do this too you.

Used to happen to me all the time a couple years back.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-05-27 05:18:19

At 5/27/12 02:59 AM, houzatosis wrote:

Are you using an ASIO4ALL driver? That driver seems to cut off lower frequencies while working on a project (I assume to allow lower latency while in a session) If you switch the audio output to DirectSound or Primary Sound Driver, then you should be able to hear the frequencies that are normally cut out.

1) wrong, asio4all doesn't do that and you are just hearing things.
2) how could you possibly come to the conclusion that cutting bass out could allow a driver to run at lower latency?
3) fl is supposedly BOOSTING his bass anyway. so, like, he should switch to the shitty directsound driver which apparently boosts the bass even more?
4) if you don't know what you're talking about don't post answers itt. cheers.

p.s. i am gay

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-05-27 12:04:08

At 5/27/12 05:18 AM, midimachine wrote:
1) wrong, asio4all doesn't do that and you are just hearing things.
2) how could you possibly come to the conclusion that cutting bass out could allow a driver to run at lower latency?
3) fl is supposedly BOOSTING his bass anyway. so, like, he should switch to the shitty directsound driver which apparently boosts the bass even more?
4) if you don't know what you're talking about don't post answers itt. cheers.

I can still at least offer advice, whether it helps or not. No need to be a fucking tool.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-05-27 19:36:54

okay sure, you can give very bad advice itt if you'd like - just so long as you're willing to stand corrected!

p.s. i am gay

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-05-28 06:26:19

Hey guys, me and mate are gonna' try doing some metal/electronic type stuff and I just wanted to know some methods for recording high quality guitar? I'm currently running a Zoom GFX pedal through a shitty Behringer usb interface and I'm not getting a very nice sound at all..

I know this isn't directly FL related but I'm gonna' be doing the mixing in FL so I thought here would be the best place to ask..

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-05-28 15:43:17

At 5/28/12 02:28 PM, LaForge wrote: what the hell, FL9 Producer doesn't support .flac? i don't have access to the .wav of the track i'm trying to mix, so is there another lossless format i can use?

If I am not mistaken FL does support AIFF, but I can be wrong.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-05-28 20:47:18

At 5/28/12 02:28 PM, LaForge wrote: what the hell, FL9 Producer doesn't support .flac? i don't have access to the .wav of the track i'm trying to mix, so is there another lossless format i can use?

convert it to wav or aiff with the flac command line interface.

At 5/28/12 06:26 AM, Nechura wrote: Hey guys, me and mate are gonna' try doing some metal/electronic type stuff and I just wanted to know some methods for recording high quality guitar? I'm currently running a Zoom GFX pedal through a shitty Behringer usb interface and I'm not getting a very nice sound at all..

try running some amp/speaker sims with it. these guys make a bunch of decent free ones you can use instead of running through the multi-FX.

p.s. i am gay

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-05-28 22:34:00

At 5/27/12 02:52 AM, midimachine wrote:
This shouldn't be happening. Has it always happened, and is it happening with every project file? Try rendering with "Disable max poly" and "HQ for all plugins" UNCHECKED. If it's just happening with one song go through your initialized controls (in browser, under Current Project > Patterns > Initialized controls) and make sure there isn't anything that would turn up the bass of the master or a particular instrument.

Tried all of it, didn't work. It happens all the time too, so I guess I just suck at mixing??? And no, drivers are not the problem, I can garanty you that. But that was just curiosity, thanks for the time!!

Stupidity is a dangerous and contagious disease. It can happen to you. It can happen to me

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-05-29 03:05:03

@Zaal

Actually I have the same issue. I just drop the bass levels way low and keep exporting until they're at a decent level.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-05-29 03:26:08

At 5/29/12 03:05 AM, ChimeraNoise wrote:
@Zaal
Actually I have the same issue. I just drop the bass levels way low and keep exporting until they're at a decent level.

This may seem a bit too obvious, but all media players sound different, and the media player you listen to will have a slightly different sound to what you were hearing when working on tracks in your DAW. I find iTunes has a more crisp sound, as Windows Media Player has a much more bass heavy sound, as VLC Media Player has a muddy sound.

To find out if this is your problem, export your track as a .wav, import it into FL Studio, and see how it sounds running through FL.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-05-29 03:48:42

At 5/29/12 03:26 AM, The-iMortal wrote: This may seem a bit too obvious, but all media players sound different, and the media player you listen to will have a slightly different sound to what you were hearing when working on tracks in your DAW

Now that you mention it, isn't it possible that the equalizer in your player is set so that the bass is boosted? Just sayin'...

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-05-29 07:55:06

At 5/28/12 10:34 PM, TheZaaL wrote: Tried all of it, didn't work. It happens all the time too, so I guess I just suck at mixing??? And no, drivers are not the problem, I can garanty you that. But that was just curiosity, thanks for the time!!

Is your track peaking over 0dB on the master track? I know that clipping problems won't generally present themselves until the track is rendered so if this is the case then try putting a fruity limiter on the master track and bringing down the gain until the track doesn't peak above 0dB. Then render it and see if the bass problem still exists.

I know clipping will generally 'cause the track to sound more distorted overall but it's just a thought.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-05-29 11:24:07

@ChimeraNoise

Usually I just lower bass frequencies and boost at 60 khz and at 160 khz, it gives a clear sound without overpowered bass

@The-iMortal

It was a bit too obvious for me, thanks!

@ LiquidOoze

WOAH! I feel SO dumb right now! Thanks!!

@Nechura

Peaking above 0db creates distortion, not bass boost!! And of course I got a limiter on my master, what a question!!

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-05-29 13:32:22

At 5/29/12 01:22 PM, LaForge wrote: is this a problem?

What happens when you normalize it? Does the dB-meter peak too high then? If it doesn't everything is fine.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-05-29 15:40:33

At 5/29/12 03:25 PM, LaForge wrote:
At 5/29/12 01:32 PM, LiquidOoze wrote:
At 5/29/12 01:22 PM, LaForge wrote: is this a problem?
What happens when you normalize it? Does the dB-meter peak too high then? If it doesn't everything is fine.
peaks like Mount Everest. straight into the blood-red.

Have you put an effect on the mixer channel that could make the dB-meter peak? Because normally the waveform and the dB-meter should be linear.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-05-30 10:05:55

At 5/29/12 11:24 AM, TheZaaL wrote:
@Nechura
Peaking above 0db creates distortion, not bass boost!! And of course I got a limiter on my master, what a question!!

Sorry, I was just trying to help..

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-05-30 21:43:57

At 5/29/12 11:24 AM, TheZaaL wrote: Peaking above 0db creates distortion, not bass boost!! And of course I got a limiter on my master, what a question!!

If you have a limiter on your master to keep things under 0dB then you're still likely to clip in a media player, depending on sound drivers and other processing. Clipping can change the way sound is perceived in a bunch of ways. It's worth thinking about, like jpbear said it can just be the mix: if you start mixing again from the ground up so that everything stays under 0 without a limiter then you can maximise stuff and see how that goes.

Try this test: start with no limiter and just a basic kick drum pattern - if there's bass boost when you render THAT then it's probably the fault of the media player or sound drivers or anything that isn't you. Play it in a bunch of different media players, too. Hell, render it as a wave and listen to it in sound recorder. If there's no bass boost, keep increasing the complexity of the test song and trying it with/without a master limiter until there is - then you'll have a better idea of what's causing it.

p.s. i am gay

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-05-30 21:49:12

@The-iMortal
It was a bit too obvious for me, thanks!

@ LiquidOoze

@Nechura

You ungrateful little shit. Everybody's just trying to help and you're being an absolute dick in return. Even if I found out the solution, I wouldn't tell you.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-05-31 06:40:46

At 5/30/12 09:49 PM, The-iMortal wrote: You ungrateful little shit. Everybody's just trying to help and you're being an absolute dick in return. Even if I found out the solution, I wouldn't tell you.

Ehm, what? I don't see how he's being a dick...

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-05-31 09:56:11

@ LiquidOoze

@Nechura

Maybe I'm wrong, but it appears ZaaL is overreacting because we are covering all bases, and he takes it as an insult, in belief that we have underestimated his audio ability.

And the sarcastic "thanks" don't really show appreciating.

Unless I'm somehow reading the post incorrectly, and the "thanks" are actually not sarcasm...

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-05-31 10:18:04

At 5/31/12 09:56 AM, The-iMortal wrote: Unless I'm somehow reading the post incorrectly, and the "thanks" are actually not sarcasm...

I have a feeling that's the case, lol.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-05-31 10:22:38

At 5/31/12 10:18 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: I have a feeling that's the case, lol.

If that is the case, I sincerely apologise.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-06-04 11:02:07

Anyone know any good vocal smples or synthesizers? The default vocal samples for FL Studio is so limited as in it's either just plain deep-throated singing or it's whistling.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-06-04 11:07:16

At 6/4/12 11:02 AM, JJM121 wrote: Anyone know any good vocal smples or synthesizers? The default vocal samples for FL Studio is so limited as in it's either just plain deep-throated singing or it's whistling.

Not really an FL studio question, but regardless synthesizing vocals is pretty modern technology and will cost you a pretty penny to get some quality at the moment. You get can simple formant filters and make nice oo's and ah's for anywhere from cheap to free but actually having something synthesize intelligible words into believable timbre and pitch is no easy or cheap task.

A simple google search of "vocal synthesizer" will get you results to look into.