00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

applessmillion just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

664,764 Views | 6,553 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-04-19 09:28:24

At 4/19/12 08:14 AM, WetFins wrote: If you've bought one edition of FL Studio do you have free access to all other (including future) editions?

No, you can't buy express edition and get XXL for free, that'd be ridiculous.
Any updates to the edition you buy are free, though!

p.s. i am gay

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-04-21 13:58:01

I bought FL Studio 9 Fruity Edition a while back. I've since sold it, I sold the installation disc and manual, with the registration code written in it. (I know, I'm an idiot.)

I've since forgotten the registration code and I was wondering how I could find it again. Surely it's on the Image-Line website somewhere when I log in with my account?

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-04-21 20:29:25

At 4/21/12 01:58 PM, WetFins wrote: I bought FL Studio 9 Fruity Edition a while back. I've since sold it, I sold the installation disc and manual, with the registration code written in it. (I know, I'm an idiot.)

I don't know how it is for people who buy the boxed version, but in my account it's found under "My Licenses" when you click on the name of the product you bought.

p.s. i am gay

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-04-22 01:42:48

At 4/21/12 08:29 PM, wrote:

I don't know how it is for people who buy the boxed version, but in my account it's found under "My Licenses" when you click on the name of the product you bought.

Thanks, the demo version is now Fruity Edition!

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-04-24 20:54:26

I'm working on a song in FL Studio, and I'm getting this annoying crackles and static. It's not the headphones, because I don't get it with other songs, and I also get it using the laptop's speakers. But when I uploaded an earlier version of this song while hearing these, it had no crackles. I know that since it's not in the final product, I can probably live with this, but it can be very distracting.

Does anyone have a solution to why this might happen?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-04-24 21:06:56

At 4/24/12 08:54 PM, Robotronic94 wrote: I'm working on a song in FL Studio, and I'm getting this annoying crackles and static. It's not the headphones, because I don't get it with other songs, and I also get it using the laptop's speakers. But when I uploaded an earlier version of this song while hearing these, it had no crackles. I know that since it's not in the final product, I can probably live with this, but it can be very distracting.

Does anyone have a solution to why this might happen?

Your laptop probably isn't powerful enough to handle whatever it is you're doing, turn the buffer up until the crackling and such goes away, if that doesn't work, you need a more powerful computer.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-04-24 21:39:20

At 4/24/12 09:06 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Your laptop probably isn't powerful enough to handle whatever it is you're doing, turn the buffer up until the crackling and such goes away, if that doesn't work, you need a more powerful computer.

This isn't really true. Yes, the buffer underruns are annoying, but there's no pressing NEED to go buy a more powerful computer. It's always possible to work smarter (remove VSTs from sections of the song you aren't working on, bounce tracks to wav when you're satisfied with them, just deal with the crackle until render time) and avoid that expense. The noise should not appear in rendered tracks if it is a buffer issue.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-04-24 23:56:49

At 4/24/12 09:39 PM, loansindi wrote: It's always possible to work smarter (remove VSTs from sections of the song you aren't working on, bounce tracks to wav when you're satisfied with them, just deal with the crackle until render time) and avoid that expense. The noise should not appear in rendered tracks if it is a buffer issue.

This * infinity. You probably don't need to use Massive and Nexus for every single instrument :P

p.s. i am gay

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-04-25 10:39:17

At 4/24/12 11:56 PM, midimachine wrote: This * infinity. You probably don't need to use Massive and Nexus for every single instrument :P

You have no idea...

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-04-25 11:02:13

At 4/25/12 10:39 AM, LiquidOoze wrote:
At 4/24/12 11:56 PM, midimachine wrote: This * infinity. You probably don't need to use Massive and Nexus for every single instrument :P
You have no idea...

Huh? Was kind of a joke. Still, I think people in general have a tendency to use overpowered plugins for relatively simple sounds.

p.s. i am gay

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-04-25 12:40:58

I was actually about to say the same thing... Whenever I am playing back the beat I get static and buffer issues where it crackles and kind of goes back a quarter of the measure and I can't really listen to it in full to see what it needs cause the crackles and static just kind of ruin it... What did you mean by take off VST's? This might be a noob question, but I don't even know what a VST is... So what is it? How can I turn it off or take it off and get the buffer issues to stop?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-04-25 13:25:17

At 4/25/12 12:40 PM, up2dtime07 wrote: I was actually about to say the same thing... Whenever I am playing back the beat I get static and buffer issues where it crackles and kind of goes back a quarter of the measure and I can't really listen to it in full to see what it needs cause the crackles and static just kind of ruin it... What did you mean by take off VST's? This might be a noob question, but I don't even know what a VST is... So what is it? How can I turn it off or take it off and get the buffer issues to stop?

VST stands for Virtual Studio Technology. It's a plugin that let's you create sounds within your DAW. VST's such as 3xOsc and Sytrus are standard FL Studio plugins, others, such as NI Massive, Nexus and Sylenth1 (to name a few popular ones) must be bought. These VSTs require some CPU to work well, and if you use a lot of them your DAW will eat all your CPU, resulting in cracking, popping and noise.
To avoid this, you can do the following:
1) Use less instances of a VST;
2) Check 'Smart disable' in the Fruity Wrapper drop-down menu (automatically disables unused VST's);
3) Increase your buffer-length (this causes some lag depending in how much you increase the buffer length, but it has no influence on the playback or sound quality).

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-04-25 14:48:42

At 4/25/12 01:25 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: VST stands for Virtual Studio Technology. It's a plugin that let's you create sounds within your DAW. VST's such as 3xOsc and Sytrus are standard FL Studio plugins, others, such as NI Massive, Nexus and Sylenth1 (to name a few popular ones) must be bought. These VSTs require some CPU to work well, and if you use a lot of them your DAW will eat all your CPU, resulting in cracking, popping and noise.
To avoid this, you can do the following:
1) Use less instances of a VST;
2) Check 'Smart disable' in the Fruity Wrapper drop-down menu (automatically disables unused VST's);
3) Increase your buffer-length (this causes some lag depending in how much you increase the buffer length, but it has no influence on the playback or sound quality).

Lol Thanks, a lot of this makes sense now. And the crackling and stuff stopped. Thanks! I also have massive but I never used it... The interface just looks so complicated that I never bothered to put it into FL and tinker with it. Any pointers?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-04-25 17:11:32

At 4/25/12 02:48 PM, up2dtime07 wrote: Lol Thanks, a lot of this makes sense now. And the crackling and stuff stopped. Thanks! I also have massive but I never used it... The interface just looks so complicated that I never bothered to put it into FL and tinker with it. Any pointers?

You think it's complicated? I think it looks rather simple. It has some sort of twin VST called FM8, now THAT is a VST that's complicated.
Anyway, you should either start by experimenting or looking up some tutorials on Youtube. Massive has so many features you can really create any synth with it (a very good reason to experiment). Twist some knobs, change some waveforms, and you might even find a whole new cool synth.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-04-26 10:47:49

At 4/25/12 05:11 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: You think it's complicated? I think it looks rather simple. It has some sort of twin VST called FM8, now THAT is a VST that's complicated.
Anyway, you should either start by experimenting or looking up some tutorials on Youtube. Massive has so many features you can really create any synth with it (a very good reason to experiment). Twist some knobs, change some waveforms, and you might even find a whole new cool synth

Hahah I guess for a noob it looks complicated, but aiight it seems worth the trouble. Thanks for the insight though.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-04-30 18:28:37

How do I get third party vsti plugins (massive, slyenth, prophet v, others) to work wih playing chords I seem to only get them to play one note at a time usually the highest pitch not played in the chord.... this problem exsist with the slide notes on fl studio too they dont work with third party instruments but I dont care about that as much.... there has to be some trick to get one third party vst to play three or 4 notes at once..... so far what I have been doing is cloning the instrument and having each instrument play each note.... that cant be the only way.... help pls

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-04-30 21:26:55

At 4/30/12 06:28 PM, blusterycoot wrote: How do I get third party vsti plugins (massive, slyenth, prophet v, others) to work wih playing chords I seem to only get them to play one note at a time usually the highest pitch not played in the chord.... this problem exsist with the slide notes on fl studio too they dont work with third party instruments but I dont care about that as much.... there has to be some trick to get one third party vst to play three or 4 notes at once..... so far what I have been doing is cloning the instrument and having each instrument play each note.... that cant be the only way.... help pls

They should all be able to play chords by default; if ALL your third party VSTs are doing this every time you place them in a channel then that's really weird! Are FL-native generators (e.g. Sytrus, 3xOsc, WASP XT) unable to play chords? Are Image-Line VSTs that come with the program (e.g. Sawer, Toxic Biohazard, PoiZone) unable to play chords?

Open Massive, click on the channel on the step sequencer and have a look in the MISC tab - the polyphony and root note section should look like this, if it doesn't then uncheck the "porta" and "mono" lights. Also make sure the polyphony inside the VSTs themselves are set to higher than 1.

If you're playing the notes with a midi controller or have an external midi device plugged in then it might be glitching and sending a message to the plugin to change the polyphony of plugin. Which is really weird, but it's the only thing I could think of that would cause this - one of my controllers constantly sends random signals to a certain parameter so theoretically it could happen!

BTW: Slide and portamento notes are not meant to work with VSTs. In fact I would start avoiding the use of slide notes because from what I've read of gol's posts on the IL forums it seems like they're thinking about removing them in the future, like the pattern blocks and legacy sampler effects. Don't quote me on that, though! :)

p.s. i am gay

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-05-01 10:25:59

Here's my question about FL:

Can it be destroyed because it allows pedestrian composers to create over quantized, generic electronic music?

no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-05-01 10:31:16

At 5/1/12 10:25 AM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: Here's my question about FL:

Can it be destroyed because it allows pedestrian composers to create over quantized, generic electronic music?

I'm so sorry that Sonar isn't as user-friendly and easy to understand as Fruity Loops...

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-05-05 16:16:40

Simple question:

How do I make the volume of my track slowly fade in at the start with volume automating each individual channel?

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-05-06 08:06:37

At 5/5/12 04:16 PM, WetFins wrote: Simple question:

How do I make the volume of my track slowly fade in at the start with volume automating each individual channel?

You mean withOUT automating each channel right? Try automating the volume on the master bus.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-05-07 20:35:32

So I think I posted this question earlier, although I have more information on the problem. If anyone remembers I had some trouble with static being added to my pieces in FL Studio.

I figured out it is with this VST plugin, DSK Overture, and it seemed to be causing the static in certain situations. Is there any ways to help control that while still using this VST plugin.

I found this very useful, as it has a nice range of orchestral instruments, it allows you to combines them together, and best of all, it's free. I've always been a big fan of free/open-source software, and I'd like to continue using this.

So I guess my question is, is it the VST plugin causing the problems, or my settings?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-05-07 20:38:21

Quick question, in FL Studio, I've seen screenshots of like notes people leave for themselves, like a small text editor. This would be really useful, so I could leave a project, and remember all the little details. Does anyone know how to use this?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-05-07 20:49:56

At 5/7/12 08:38 PM, Robotronic94 wrote: Quick question, in FL Studio, I've seen screenshots of like notes people leave for themselves, like a small text editor. This would be really useful, so I could leave a project, and remember all the little details. Does anyone know how to use this?

it's a plugin called Fruity Notebook, it comes with the program

with DSK Overture are you using MIDI OUT channels to feed the notes into the individual instruments or are you using multiple instances of it? since i upgraded from FL9.5 to 10 i get crackling when i use multiple instances of certain plugins.

p.s. i am gay

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-05-07 20:59:04

At 5/7/12 08:49 PM, midimachine wrote:
At 5/7/12 08:38 PM, Robotronic94 wrote: Quick question, in FL Studio, I've seen screenshots of like notes people leave for themselves, like a small text editor. This would be really useful, so I could leave a project, and remember all the little details. Does anyone know how to use this?
it's a plugin called Fruity Notebook, it comes with the program

with DSK Overture are you using MIDI OUT channels to feed the notes into the individual instruments or are you using multiple instances of it? since i upgraded from FL9.5 to 10 i get crackling when i use multiple instances of certain plugins.

I just had one instance of DSK Overture, and I was still getting crackling. It seemed to be worse if I used shorter notes, if that's helpful. I really don't know how to fix it. Are there any other free orchestral VST plugins I could use that wouldn't give me these problems?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-05-07 21:02:54

For some reason I don't have Fruity Notebook with my version of FL Studio.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-05-07 21:11:30

At 5/7/12 08:59 PM, Robotronic94 wrote: I just had one instance of DSK Overture, and I was still getting crackling. It seemed to be worse if I used shorter notes, if that's helpful. I really don't know how to fix it. Are there any other free orchestral VST plugins I could use that wouldn't give me these problems?

If you're using XXL then you could try some soundfonts in the FL soundfont player - can't think of any great free orchestral ones off the top of my head but I'm sure other dudes could rattle off a bunch.

Before you throw in the towel, is threaded processing turned on here and here?

p.s. i am gay

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-05-07 21:13:58

At 5/7/12 09:02 PM, Robotronic94 wrote: For some reason I don't have Fruity Notebook with my version of FL Studio.

Wacky! It's an effect rather than a generator, so make sure to check under "fruity effect plugins" in the plugin list in the mixer; it should be there by default.

p.s. i am gay

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-05-08 17:53:09

At 5/7/12 09:13 PM, midimachine wrote:
At 5/7/12 09:02 PM, Robotronic94 wrote: For some reason I don't have Fruity Notebook with my version of FL Studio.
Wacky! It's an effect rather than a generator, so make sure to check under "fruity effect plugins" in the plugin list in the mixer; it should be there by default.

Ok, I was just looking under generators, because I didn't even consider that it would be an effect. Why is it an effect anyway?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-05-08 21:14:51

At 5/8/12 05:53 PM, Robotronic94 wrote: Ok, I was just looking under generators, because I didn't even consider that it would be an effect. Why is it an effect anyway?

Takes up less total space in the interface that way, I guess. All the other generators utilize note data in some way, too. It's an oddball in any case, but good for making self-contained tutorials.

p.s. i am gay