Respond to this Topic
motoracer1316
motoracer1316
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Flying to England 2005-04-03 17:15:04 Reply

i forgot to menchin they do have a ac adapter for a psp and a car adapter for a psp. so you dont need batterys no more. i dont see ds with thos features. and about the disk its call slide them out not grab them *uhh daah*. ps. does ds have games that people achully like to play?? i mean sony got grand theft auto, gran trismo,and many other wonderful sucsesful games.

**i forgot to put this in my last thread

Hamslice
Hamslice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Flying to England 2005-04-03 21:58:17 Reply

the battery recharges...

Senti
Senti
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to Flying to England 2005-04-03 22:37:56 Reply

I have always enjoyed those picture pages you have put up. I hope you do so with this trip... it's always interesting seeing what you are doing and who you are hanging out with.

Plus, liljim's the man...

BBS Signature
Xiomar
Xiomar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Flying to England 2005-04-04 01:23:32 Reply

Grab a power brick. It will give you 2 additional charges. Email me with any questions.

Bastille
Bastille
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Flying to England 2005-04-04 01:37:32 Reply

Yes, the DS can actually do everything the PSP can, you just have to put it onto the same format cards that the DS can read.

And the touch screen has uses beyong Wario Ware, it is called Feel The Magic: XY/XX and Metriod Prime: Hunters, and then a bunch of others are coming out that use it for reasons beyond a map.

And yes, Sony did basically design it for making money, they were even expecting to sell half a million to one million units on the first day because of all they had put into it. Guess what? They failed. The DS launch in Europe had a better opening day than the PSP did in NA.

Michelangelo
Michelangelo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Flying to England 2005-04-04 04:22:25 Reply

At 4/4/05 01:37 AM, Bastille wrote: And yes, Sony did basically design it for making money

you know whats funny...the fact that nintendo does the same thing. of course sony made psp to make money, so did nintendo. companies make entertainment software for profits, its not like they actually care whether or not we are entertained...its up
the game creators to do that. as for the controls...main differential is the PSP analog stick vs. the DS' touch screen.

if we were talking about cross-platform type games, like sports games or the like, then the PSP's analog stick is the clear winner; it just works much better as a generalized analog input device. but the DS' strength is in its ability to allow for unique input schemes, like in such games as wario ware touched!

concerning the other controls, each system has its strengths. both are good, however.
when it comes down to it, the PSP features a much more standardized input system with its analog stick, though the DS allows for much greater creative design with its touch screen. really, it's a matter of the select game at hand that decides which system has the better controls, and though the PSP will win for most mass-market games, the Nintendo DS has plenty of room for innovative control methods. out when it comes down to it, the PSP is much better suited for 99% of the games out on the market.

in the end, both systems are in tie with each other in flaws and advantages, i didnt say PSP was better, but it is a better all around system and DS...just as a portable system.

Michelangelo
Michelangelo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Flying to England 2005-04-04 04:38:57 Reply

At 4/4/05 01:37 AM, Bastille wrote: Yes, the DS can actually do everything the PSP can, you just have to put it onto the same format cards that the DS can read.

thats an assumption which im not quite shure about that, if so, why hasnt DS taking advantage of it. also, the DS cant do everything a PSP can do, just look at the processing power, this one is obviously in the PSP's favor. while the nintendo DS has a very capable 3D chip, able to render the likes of Super Mario 64, it's no contest that the PSP has more raw power than the DS.

even the launch games approach the graphical abilities of the playstation 2. comparing a PS2 to the N64 is like night and day, and that's pretty much the same comparison that can be made here. really, this one is no contest.

legendary-frog
legendary-frog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Flying to England 2005-04-04 08:42:11 Reply

At 4/4/05 04:38 AM, -Mj wrote:

ahh it's micheal jackson, stay away from my children, just kidding. how the hell did tom fulp coming to england change to psp information. well anyway mj's right, obviously the ds can't do everything the ds can, definately graphics wise. but it's still a cool fun handheld console. *kisses ds*

McPaper
McPaper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Programmer
Response to Flying to England 2005-04-04 10:00:30 Reply

Mind the chavs, tom

BBS Signature
holley-blue
holley-blue
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Flying to England 2005-04-04 10:06:29 Reply

http://hardware.gamespot.com/Sony-PSP-Battery-Pack-16406-O-4-7

...I'm disappointed that I wasn't able to find any spare PSP batteries this past week...

Bastille
Bastille
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Flying to England 2005-04-04 11:48:38 Reply

I was more referring to Sony entering the handheld market just to make money, as well as their well known policy of screwing over their customers over losing money since they know even if they treat you like crap, you will still buy the system again and knowing that if they had made a handheld alone without any extra features, it would only attract gamers, so they tossed in even more features to bring in more people to buy it.

The PSP might outsell the DS but that is because more people will buy the PSP for overall use, while the DS will outsell the PSP in terms of actual gamers buying it.

breadcan
breadcan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Flying to England 2005-04-04 12:12:34 Reply

LIKE DNT G0 T0 TEH UK COS IT SUX AS ITS SO F************** COLD HERE MA B@LLS HAV LYK FR0ZEN 0FF LOLZ SERIOUSLY Y0U'LL GET SOME FLU OR SUMIT AND U'LL MEET SUM CHAVS... I HERD SOME MAN GOT KILLED 4 HIS HAT LYK SO I WOODN'T GO OUT IF U WENT TO UK

breadcan
breadcan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Flying to England 2005-04-04 12:16:43 Reply

LIKE OMG COMPARIN PSP TO DS THEY ARE LYK TO DIFFERENT CONSOLES LIEK 2 DIFERENT CONSOLES THEY BOTH SUK ME COS THEY ARE BOTH RIPS 0FF LIKE BUT STILL I WOOD BY BOTH COS I'M RICH LOLZ..... I'VE GOT A PS2 GC AND AN XBOX AND THEY ALL ROX0R MY PANTS SO $_$ SO WHAT EVA +GETTIN A PSP OR DS FROM JAPANA IS SO MUCH CHEAPER THAN PAKISTAN OR WHERE EVA U GET UR CRAPPY CONSOLES FROM LOLZ......

legendary-frog
legendary-frog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Flying to England 2005-04-04 12:47:43 Reply

At 4/4/05 12:12 PM, breadcan wrote: LIKE DNT G0 T0 TEH UK COS IT SUX AS ITS SO F************** COLD HERE MA B@LLS HAV LYK FR0ZEN 0FF LOLZ SERIOUSLY Y0U'LL GET SOME FLU OR SUMIT AND U'LL MEET SUM CHAVS... I HERD SOME MAN GOT KILLED 4 HIS HAT LYK SO I WOODN'T GO OUT IF U WENT TO UK

first of all please don't write in cap locks, second of all england isn't even that cold, besides it's getting to spring soon and not all chavs are gay, about 5% are cool. don't listen to him tom, you won't meet any chavs and if you do there obviously gonna like you for making the best site "newgrounds". now that i said all that good stuff tom you betta make me a mod.

imz
imz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Flying to England 2005-04-04 13:49:56 Reply

I can't wait for the uk version of AH. And since you're in England. Why not drop me by one of those spare PSPs? :p

Tuvin
Tuvin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Flying to England 2005-04-04 13:58:21 Reply

Everyone who lives in England now can mob him.
Dunno why but it could be fun.

darkfirephoenix99
darkfirephoenix99
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Flying to England 2005-04-04 15:58:38 Reply

my site
if you would not mind them please can i have a copy of some off the pics for my website because i am planning on making a page about newgrounds on it and that way i would have some pictures to start with.
thanks

darkfirephoenix99
darkfirephoenix99
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Flying to England 2005-04-04 16:06:29 Reply

i live in england but i wudnt mob him (unless i knew he had summat valuable) kiddin. it wud be kool if i cud have some pics of the trip from ya tom and neone else that wants to send me pics of themselves or that they have drwan that they dont mind me putting on my site then by all means send them to hoolegr@aol.com and i will make a page for them on my site. www.whymywebsitesucks.piczo.com

Michelangelo
Michelangelo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Flying to England 2005-04-04 16:07:10 Reply

At 4/4/05 11:48 AM, Bastille wrote: I was more referring to Sony entering the handheld market just to make money, as well as their well known policy of screwing over their customers over losing money since they know even if they treat you like crap, you will still buy the system again

oh god, i bought a PSP and im being screwed
over, plus im a dumb of enough of a consumer
that i will buy more itterations of the series
without much thought because im just that
dumbfounded ¬_¬

The PSP might outsell the DS but that is because more people will buy the PSP for overall use, while the DS will outsell the PSP in terms of actual gamers buying it.

well, besides that confounded point of view
on how sony is the devil incarnate, actual
gamers will buy PSP to play games. i
guess by your definition, only "real"
gamers will buy a DS because anyone
else with their own taste rather then
yours is just being fed the corporate
propaganda eh? well isnt that a very
opinionated view. in that case, im guess
im not a "gamer" then :)
be shure to let everyone else know what
next gen. console you are going to buy next
so we can be shure to be just like you. because
we all want to have the same taste in gaming just
like you do. :)

motoracer1316
motoracer1316
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Flying to England 2005-04-04 16:14:43 Reply

i just thought of this... yes psp is bringing in more money making people but still. how does sony treat people like crap????? i broke some internal thing and they replaced it... i had no trouble(inshurance 2 years)((if i could spell)). but how MANY GAMES do you people like thats on a NINTENDO DS? how many on a PSP? only goods ones for ds is mario and well metroid. psp. got all the ps2 titles. i can tell you that if everyone gets a psp all ps2 will probly go out of date and be a colecters. if you see all new game comershals they say for ps2 and soon on psp. in 2 years tops itel say coming out for psp. but ds has to have some credit. they did made a qube(spelling i know)that well kinda was cool and dident load a lot. but in the long run i vote for psp. whats yours vote?

RedCometofZeon
RedCometofZeon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Flying to England 2005-04-04 16:53:18 Reply

Dude PSP rules

SLIKK
SLIKK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Flying to England 2005-04-04 17:22:51 Reply

Have fun and good luck...

Scribble
Scribble
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Flying to England 2005-04-04 18:31:28 Reply

have a nice flight home

jenova-absolute
jenova-absolute
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Flying to England 2005-04-04 19:33:41 Reply

Damn you, couldn't you have just said where you were going. Im gonna look up the address of your game publisher, it's gotta be in London somewhere. Then the stalkage begins!

BBS Signature
jenova-absolute
jenova-absolute
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Flying to England 2005-04-04 19:37:53 Reply

Damn, I just looked up the address of Zoo Publishing and it's in Sheffield. Damn you!!!

BBS Signature
Rocks-Levi
Rocks-Levi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Flying to England 2005-04-05 05:35:59 Reply

Where in England is he staying to?

lone-wolf89
lone-wolf89
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Flying to England 2005-04-05 16:39:26 Reply

good luck on ur trip Tom!

Michelangelo
Michelangelo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Flying to England 2005-04-05 20:06:33 Reply

At 4/4/05 08:42 AM, legendary_frog wrote:
At 4/4/05 04:38 AM, -Mj wrote:
ahh it's micheal jackson, stay away from my children, just kidding

you dont know how many
times i get that, well, cheers!
:)

0peth
0peth
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Flying to England 2005-04-05 20:51:08 Reply

have a great time

And just like that....he was gone...

BBS Signature
imz
imz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Flying to England 2005-04-06 01:43:31 Reply

At 4/4/05 07:37 PM, jenova_absolute wrote: Damn, I just looked up the address of Zoo Publishing and it's in Sheffield. Damn you!!!

Sheffield? W00t, it'll be on Look North.