00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

novaruah just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Monthly Award Packs

13,231 Views | 115 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Monthly Award Packs 2005-03-21 14:58:06

Shock value of shock value donating 250 dollar award to cancer society. Really fn high. Would have never guessed that he would donate something like that after making a game where you just blow some poor shmuck up. That is just so cool

This is how I kick your ass in real life. Martial Arts Club

And this is how I kick your ass in video games Super Smash Bros. Club

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Award Packs 2005-03-21 15:02:08

At 3/21/05 02:50 PM, carmelhadinosaur wrote: But, if someone wins from lets say Australia, which is pretty far, you just send them the money?

The creator of Bunnykill 2 is Finnish, so I guess they're able to send the prizes abroad. But I'm curious about their methods too. I don't know where you can cash American checks here, so it would be more convenient to get the prize in cash, which you can exchange easily to Euros. I don't make any flash (yet), but I'm interested in this in case I'll someday win the $100 :)

Response to Monthly Award Packs 2005-03-21 15:03:14

Wow, Shock-Value is very very generous with a big heart. I respect that man :)

As well for the rest of you people who won, congrats!

Response to Monthly Award Packs 2005-03-21 15:11:12

People give.....money.....away???
ive spent my whole life trying to get more......ive never actually considered giving it away.......

Response to Monthly Award Packs 2005-03-21 15:11:46

At 3/21/05 12:31 PM, TomFulp wrote: Shock-Value, the creator of Interactive Buddy, chose to turn down the $250 award. He asked instead that it be donated to The American Cancer Society.

Wow. That is damn decent of the guy. What a cool dude.

King Of Fighters '98: The Slugfest

"Nothing Is Perfect, Therefore Perfection Is Flawed." - Adam Lewis

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Award Packs 2005-03-21 15:12:02

Congrats to all the winners, and much respect for Shock-Value.

Response to Monthly Award Packs 2005-03-21 15:18:19

That is very respectable of the author of Interactive Buddy. He is one of my heroes now for that great act. To be number one of the month and donate the prize money to charity is awsome. Congrats.

Response to Monthly Award Packs 2005-03-21 15:21:11

At 3/21/05 12:31 PM, TomFulp wrote: I just mailed out the award packets for the top five contributors from February. In case you didn't see, our panel of judges picked these submissions as the five best from February:

Interactive Buddy v.1.01
Bunnykill 2
-Play-
Valentine's Day Special
X-Men:Dark Phoenix Rising

Each of these authors is receiving a prize pack including a certificate of award (complete with embossed gold NG tank seal), a Newgrounds t-shirt and a check for $250.

Shock-Value, the creator of Interactive Buddy, chose to turn down the $250 award. He asked instead that it be donated to The American Cancer Society. We have honored the request and NG is now ranked as a "friend" to the ACS (minimum "friend" donation happens to be $250). It really feels good to know our awards are not just helping Flash authors, but are helping others as well! I don't want to put pressure on any future winners, though - you've earned whatever prize money you receive. :)

I also sent out the $100 check for the voter of the month, who is receiving a Newgrounds t-shirt as well. Yay!

Congrats again to the winners! In less than two weeks our panel will be deciding the top five contributors for March!

Thats really cool. . . for everything. It really shows how far Newgrounds has come and where its going. Its great that the Interactive Buddy author turned down the money, in order to donate it to ACS. Good post Tom. . . twas very postive.

Response to Monthly Award Packs 2005-03-21 15:35:54

At 3/21/05 12:31 PM, TomFulp wrote: Shock-Value, the creator of Interactive Buddy, chose to turn down the $250 award. He asked instead that it be donated to The American Cancer Society.

That's very nice. Finally someone on NG with a heart. Kudos to Shock-Value.

At 3/21/05 02:55 PM, Pilot-Doofy wrote: Unlike you.

OMFG people! User vs. moderator fight! ROCK ON!

~juraj

Response to Monthly Award Packs 2005-03-21 15:37:34

I'd just like to say that this week's "dark" flashes SUCK. They are nowhere NEAR the grace and beauty that Firth puts out! I'd just like to know what the fuck is so "dark" about a guy day dreaming in his diary. It's stupid and honestly has the originality of a FIVE year old.

Response to Monthly Award Packs 2005-03-21 15:37:43

At 3/21/05 01:10 PM, TomFulp wrote:
I plan to continue the contest for as long as we can afford to. If we ever have to tighten our belts, it is possible some day the prize money could vanish and we would stick with the award certificates and t-shirts. I would rather see the prize money and number of winners increase, though. :)

Thats cool Tom, we appreciate the gesture. I dont think any fool here will soley animate for the money

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Award Packs 2005-03-21 15:38:19

I hope I'll win for voter of the month in march

Response to Monthly Award Packs 2005-03-21 15:40:11

I mean April

Response to Monthly Award Packs 2005-03-21 15:43:54

At 3/21/05 03:02 PM, Aapo_Joki wrote: I don't know where you can cash American checks here

If you have a bank account, you should just be able to pay the cheque into your account (that's what banks are for, afterall! :)) - the bank will most likely make a small charge for the transaction if you're paying into a non-dollar account.

Response to Monthly Award Packs 2005-03-21 15:45:32

The author of Interactive Buddy is so nice. Honestly if I won 250 I would keep it. I'm hoping to win one hundred dollars and a shirt. I really want a newgrounds shirt so bad for some reason.

Top 50 Reviewers

Top 200 Medal Points

Follow me on miiverse MELLOWYELLOWHDR

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Award Packs 2005-03-21 15:49:21

That's great news Tom!

Respect to shock value.

Maybe I can win something next time. :)

I'm your average Afro-American fetus. For example: I enjoy basketball, I'm rather good when I play too, but I'm much too busy scratching my horrific cracked skin these days.

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Award Packs 2005-03-21 15:50:35

that was really nice of shock value...

Response to Monthly Award Packs 2005-03-21 15:54:21

At 3/21/05 12:58 PM, TomFulp wrote: The voter of the month was HeresyInc. Here's a pic of the certificate!

Ha thats cool, i didnt know we could win something to, thats cool, nice job indeed...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Award Packs 2005-03-21 16:00:15

Congrats to all the winners again, and much respect goes out to Shock-Value. He must be a really nice guy. =)

Response to Monthly Award Packs 2005-03-21 16:38:05

At 3/21/05 12:58 PM, TomFulp wrote: The voter of the month was HeresyInc. Here's a pic of the certificate!

cool next time use one of those sleezy cheap gold pens for your signature. :P

Response to Monthly Award Packs 2005-03-21 16:47:20

heh, i'd do the same as shock value and give the money away. but that's only cause im too lazy to learn how to cash cheques... or go to the bank. something you could give away is copies of AH to the next 5 people down from the top 5! that would be class.

Response to Monthly Award Packs 2005-03-21 16:53:06

At 3/21/05 12:42 PM, Bahamut7 wrote:
Shock-Value made a very good flash turning down the $250 award is very generous, even though I feel he deserves the money for the excellent flash he made.

Although to be fair, he won the same award last month and got the money but that was version 1.0 instead of version 1.01, so he won another $250 for pretty much the same thing. I ain't complaining, it's still an excellent thing of him to do, I'm in no way putting him down I just wanted to point it out.

Response to Monthly Award Packs 2005-03-21 17:17:20

Major props to Shock Value for giving their money to the cancer thingy.

Response to Monthly Award Packs 2005-03-21 17:17:21

Wow, I think it's Great that Shock Value donated all of his prize to charity, that really shows how compassionate some of the true NG users are. I don't know if I'd be able to do that if I won. I also like the look of those certificates, maybe I should hurry up with my Flash, or go take my time and make it perfect.

Response to Monthly Award Packs 2005-03-21 18:00:05

At 3/21/05 04:53 PM, PSYCHO-CHIMP wrote: Although to be fair, he won the same award last month and got the money

This is the first month that the awards have been given out...

Response to Monthly Award Packs 2005-03-21 18:08:55

That's really, really generous.. turning down money for all of the work he spent on it.

Response to Monthly Award Packs 2005-03-21 18:09:51

At 3/21/05 12:31 PM, TomFulp wrote:

Shock-Value, the creator of Interactive Buddy, chose to turn down the $250 award. He asked instead that it be donated to The American Cancer Society.

That was great.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Award Packs 2005-03-21 18:10:39

Tom is making life on NG so much better!

Not that it wasn't before...
>_>
<_<

Response to Monthly Award Packs 2005-03-21 18:34:02

Damn Shock-Value, you're a man of honor.

Response to Monthly Award Packs 2005-03-21 18:40:19

At 3/21/05 12:31 PM, TomFulp wrote: Shock-Value, the creator of Interactive Buddy, chose to turn down the $250 award. He asked instead that it be donated to The American Cancer Society. We have honored the request and NG is now ranked as a "friend" to the ACS (minimum "friend" donation happens to be $250). It really feels good to know our awards are not just helping Flash authors, but are helping others as well! I don't want to put pressure on any future winners, though - you've earned whatever prize money you receive. :)

Oh wow, that was so kind of him. :')

Lets all be friends with cancer!...wait thats not even funny, its good to know that we're friends AGAINST cancer now, maybe I can make a good flash and help fight cancer too. Or maybe by just voting even that'd help.