00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Wettle just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Church

84,357 Views | 2,024 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NG Church 2004-10-28 21:46:12

At 10/27/04 10:03 PM, DivineCrusader wrote: The only thing you have to be to be in this club it a Christian. We have a couple of different branches here. I am an Orthodox Episcopalian. Were like as close as you can get to Catholic and still be a Protestant.

And I know that -Blitz- is an Orthodox Catholic.

I'm Byzantine Catholic.

Nickja, I like you sig. Indian Larry was a great bike builder.

Response to NG Church 2004-10-28 22:09:48

At 10/28/04 09:46 PM, -Blitz- wrote:
At 10/27/04 10:03 PM, DivineCrusader wrote: And I know that -Blitz- is an Orthodox Catholic.
I'm Byzantine Catholic.

I knew it! I knew that there was Byzantine was in there somewhere. Sorry about that.

Response to NG Church 2004-10-28 22:14:28

Well... I've never heard of either of those religions... lol. Do you guys know what the difference is????

Response to NG Church 2004-10-28 22:30:47

At 10/28/04 10:14 PM, CapnJack wrote: Well... I've never heard of either of those religions... lol. Do you guys know what the difference is????

Well the major difference is I'm a Protistant and he's a Catholic.

Response to NG Church 2004-10-29 00:59:14

At 10/28/04 10:30 PM, DivineCrusader wrote:
At 10/28/04 10:14 PM, CapnJack wrote: Well... I've never heard of either of those religions... lol. Do you guys know what the difference is????
Well the major difference is I'm a Protistant and he's a Catholic.

Actually, what I meant is what is the difference bewtween those religions... I'm not too knowledgable on the subject. Sorry for any misunderstandings.

Response to NG Church 2004-10-30 17:13:17

Halloween, not the day, but the way.
Deuteronomy 18:9-18:14

October 31 2001
Josh 24:15-15,Deut. 18: 9-14
Halloween not the day, but it is the way that we handle it that can serve God or Satan.

The FBI said Monday night that they have asked all law enforcement officials to be on "high alert." (Oct 29 2001)

Sources say Osama Bin Ladin¡¦s network is poised to strike this week in the United States in a major way, but no one knows when, where or how.

You see if you are a true Muslim and one who follows the Quron and the Hadith- then you agree with Mohammed that the Christian and the Jew are your enemy. You see if the Muslim is following the jihad practice, which by the way he is mandated to do so, then the Christian and the Jew are to be killed because they are infidels to their god Allah and our religion is inferior.

Now of course you can be spared if you deny Jesus Christ and Yahweh and pay the tax they impose on you and worship Allah.

I call this a Holy War -but brothers and sisters in Christ- we do not fight the way the Muslims do who are following jihad. We love and pray for our enemies.

Because we know from: Eph 6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.

What does this Holy war have to do with Halloween?
EVERYTHING!

The battle for us is Spiritual and we need to determine today whose side we are on?

Josh 24:15 "And if it is disagreeable in your sight to serve the LORD, choose for yourselves today whom you will serve: whether the gods which your fathers served which were beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you are living; but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."Josh 24:16 And the people answered and said, "Far be it from us that we should forsake the LORD to serve other gods;

People we have really only two choices, Joshua knew it, I know it and you know it. We can serve God or we can serve the Devil.

I think the basic question for the believer is will my life as I spend it be pleasing to God?

If that is our desire then we will ask every day, every hour, every moment is what I am doing or about to do going to please my Father in heaven.
* If you know from his word what you are about to do pleases Him according to His good and perfect will, go for it.

*If you know what you are about to do does not please god, abstain from it.

„h If you really do not know God¡¦s will in the matter, than you have a responsibility to find out what His will is and follow it!

Shall we look for a moment at God¡¦s word -open your bibles to:

Deu 18:9 "When you enter the land which the LORD your God gives you, you shall not learn to imitate the detestable things of those nations.
Deu 18:10 "There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, one who uses divination, one who practices witchcraft, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer,
Deu 18:11 or one who casts a spell, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead.
Deu 18:12 "For whoever does these things is detestable to the LORD; and because of these detestable things the LORD your God will drive them out before you.
Deu 18:13 "You shall be blameless before the LORD your God.
Deu 18:14 "For those nations, which you shall dispossess, listen to those who practice witchcraft and to diviners, but as for you, the LORD your God has not allowed you to do so.

I am not here tonight to judge Christians who trick or treat, I am here to inform you of the basis and purpose of the event and allow you through God¡¦s word to draw your own conclusions.

Would it surprise you if I told you that Halloween started just like Easter and Christmas as Pagan holidays. But the church to counteract the world tried to Christianize it.

So we know the truth is that Halloween¡¦s deepest roots are decidedly pagan, and unlike Christmas and Easter, it has kept those pagan roots, despite its now Christian name. Christians didn¡¦t simply speak out; they tried to institute a Christian alternative. Actually the church had 3 holidays All Hallow¡¦s Eve Oct 31st and All Hallows day (November 1) to honor dead martyrs of the faith and then Nov 2 All Souls day was a day of prayer to move people from purgatory.

Response to NG Church 2004-10-30 17:15:26

The term Halloween comes from the phrase All Hallows Evening.

Halloween as we know it wasn’t celebrated in the USA until the mid 1800’s. The traditions are believed to have been brought to America by the Irish and the Italians.

Halloween today means Goblins, Ghouls and witches, people decorate their yards with tombstones and caskets.

The ancient Druids in the British Isle were the first to celebrate the traditions of Halloween as we know it and most of the traditions and symbols came from their practices.
The Druids were the priestly class of the Celtic/Pagan religion. They worship nature and Mother earth or the created things in the world and not the creator. They were the source of the Christmas tree, which cames from the Festival of Fires, because they worshipped the Oak and the Holley. They celebrated what is called (summa- heen) Samhain, who was one of their Gods called the Lord of Death. Today he is called the Grim reaper.

Halloween of the 3 holidays is the one that has kept its pagan roots.

Satanists believe that it is on Halloween that it is a night that the demons and the Devil are given special powers. This is a night when witches have their major sabbats.

There are 8 major holidays on the witches calendar.

Halloween is the beginning of the witches year, one might say it is their Big Fall kick off. It is a day where people pray for the dead.
Should the Christian have anything to do with witches , psychics, etc.

Our scripture tonight tells us absolutely not:

Deu 18:13 "You shall be blameless before the LORD your God.

On this night the Druid priests would offer sacrifices to the Devil, often these sacrifices would be human, most often they were criminals sacrificed to make (summa heen) Samhain happy, so he would consider sparing their relatives.

Satan loves Halloween because it glorifies evil and puts fear in the lives of people about his power. Satan also loves Halloween because by his church, the church of satan it remains his special day.

Yet as Christians we fear no evil, we know that He who is in us is greater than he who is in the world.

Let’s look at where some of the traditions we see and practice today came from:

1. Costumes- The Druids believed that evil spirits roamed the earth during Samhain casting spells and tricks on people. They believed if you wore a mask or a costume you could trick the demons into thinking you were one of them and they would leave you alone.

2. Trick or Treat- This came from the belief that if you set food or candy out on your door step for the night-the spirits would pass you by, not cause your milk to spoil or your cattle to have birth defects, or damage your family. The Druids would then go around collect the food and burn it as a sacrifice to their gods. They were also known to burn your house down or castrate the males in the house if they arrived and the treat was not at the door.

3. Jack O Lantern- An ancient symbol of condemned souls. The story originated from a guy named Jack that supposedly tricked the devil into chasing him up a tree and then Jack jumped out and mounted his crucifix so the devil could not get to him. Jack then put an ember that the devil threw at him from Hell inside a pumpkin or gourd and used it as a lantern. It was also a symbol used by the Druids and pagans to determine who was in agreement with them and deserved mercy from the tricks. Just like today we fly the flag to show our unity. People lit a jack o lantern to show the Druids hey we are one of you. Currently, witches use hollowed out gourds and skulls as a light during their rituals.

October 31st by itself, dressing up in costumes, eating candy is not inherently evil. What is important here is that we know what the devil, the church of satan and witches think about the day and what part we will have with the devil.

That is why I am glad we have a Fall Festival with many activities for our children.

I leave you with this scripture

Phil 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, let your mind dwell on these things.
Phil 4:9 The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things; and the God of peace shall be with you.

-Joe Bedy

Response to NG Church 2004-10-30 20:45:16

So, you're saying has completely changed from the way it was a long time ago? That's cool. It's weird how verything vreated way in the past changes so much by present day.

Response to NG Church 2004-10-30 21:07:20

i dotn bother to goin to ... CHURCH

Response to NG Church 2004-10-31 00:41:15

At 10/30/04 09:07 PM, UglyGothicDirtbag wrote: i dotn bother to goin to ... CHURCH

Fuck off mihi Goth/noob/kid...first learn what a Goth is before calling yourself one...second level up a bit...thirth...
GET
A
LIFE

When the hell did I become level 10? I level whilst being completly inactive, that's how much I rock ! ^^

Response to NG Church 2004-10-31 01:11:32

Hello, I'm just a random person who happened to notice one of your links to a page describing Hell. I read to the bottom, and a lot of that makes sense. Still, the part about Hell being for all eternity confuses me. Nothing a mere human could do could ever possibly be worth ETERNITY in Hell. Even if you killed a thousand people out of pure spite, then shouldn't you spend a thousand lifetimes in Hell? Receiving eternity in Hell for any petty crime a human could possibly commit is like getting life in prison for a parking violation. That tips the scale of offense and punishment infinitely in one direction, so how can that be right? I am not a Christian, and I'm not sure if I have a religion, but I believe God is real, and that some form of divine punishment is real. Whatever that punishment is, I intend to avoid it at all costs. I do not believe I am a Christian because I am just an overall crappy person, and I rarely consult the Bible for anything. Still, unlimited punishment for a limited crime seems unjust. Can you clearify on this? I mean no offense, I just want to learn how to avoid Hell, and the reason you can receive punishment beyond what you are being punished for. Also, is it necessary to attend church to avoid Hell? And should all our actions in life be solely to avoid eternal damnation? Because that would mean we don't actually mean anything we do.

Response to NG Church 2004-10-31 22:13:06

At 10/30/04 05:13 PM, DivineCrusader wrote: You see if you are a true Muslim and one who follows the Quron and the Hadith- then you agree with Mohammed that the Christian and the Jew are your enemy. You see if the Muslim is following the jihad practice, which by the way he is mandated to do so, then the Christian and the Jew are to be killed because they are infidels to their god Allah and our religion is inferior.

Now of course you can be spared if you deny Jesus Christ and Yahweh and pay the tax they impose on you and worship Allah.

I don't know the accuracy of everything else you said, but I know that what you're writing right now about Muslims is very biased and untrue. There is nothing in the Quran that tells people to kill, and Muslims believe in Jesus, but they just happen to think He was a prophet, just like the Jews think that. What you're saying about a "true" Muslim is absolute bullshit. Christians have also killed in the name of God, so let's not be hypocritical. The only Muslims like that are the ones who are trying to get revenge for the problems America has purposely caused in the Middle-East. You can call me anti-America or anything you want, but I'm telling you the truth here. Americans have caused more terror than Muslims have, and although I am not Muslim and never will be, I feel sympathy for them because of the racism (religionism?) that you Americans have. If you want change, stop being ignorant and realize that the reason half the world hates America is because America gave them REASONS for hate. This country is the most powerful, but destructive country (ever?).

For your information, "their God Allah" is our Christian God too, they are one in the same.They are just different interprations of the same entity. For some reason everyone who speaks English feels like calling him Allah, when really Allah just means GOD in Arabic. I used to speak Arabic, and when I said Arabic CHRISTIAN prayers I said ALLAH, just like I would say Mon Dieux when I prayed in French. Don't speak of things which you do not know...

At 10/31/04 01:11 AM, Sticknstab wrote: Hello, I'm just a random person who happened to notice one of your links to a page describing Hell. I read to the bottom, and a lot of that makes sense. Still, the part about Hell being for all eternity confuses me. Nothing a mere human could do could ever possibly be worth ETERNITY in Hell.

I agree, but unless someone accepts Jesus in their hearts they will not go into Heaven. If someone in Hell hates God for what they're going through, I don't think there's much of a chance of them getting out.

Even if you killed a thousand people out of pure spite, then shouldn't you spend a thousand lifetimes in Hell? Receiving eternity in Hell for any petty crime a human could possibly commit is like getting life in prison for a parking violation.

You're right, it's like getting a life sentence for a parking violation.

That tips the scale of offense and punishment infinitely in one direction, so how can that be right? I am not a Christian, and I'm not sure if I have a religion, but I believe God is real, and that some form of divine punishment is real. Whatever that punishment is, I intend to avoid it at all costs.

If you believe in Jesus then follow this: Love Him before everything else, love others before yourself, accept Him as your saviour. Everything else comes second.

If you don't believe in Jesus, then just do the things that come second, (be righteous, try not to judge, do not glorify yourself over the Supreme Being, think about the good of others and the greater good before thinking about yourself)

If God doesn't accept you for trying your hardest, then I don't know if I can believe He is loving in the first place... and if He's not loving, then none of this really matters...

I do not believe I am a Christian because I am just an overall crappy person,

Don't say that. The fact that you know you have done wrong and you are looking for guidance shows that you are just lost, not crappy. God doesn't create crappy people... maybe just good people that do crappy things ;).

and I rarely consult the Bible for anything.

You should, it has some really beautiful stuff in it. Good life lessons whether you are Christian or not.

Still, unlimited punishment for a limited crime seems unjust.

Absolutely, which is why God gave us His only Son to take away our sins. I think Heaven is a place that you need to be pure to enter, and since it's pretty much impossible for a human to not commit any sins, He gave us a huge sacrifice, now that is loving.

I mean no offense, I just want to learn how to avoid Hell, and the reason you can receive punishment beyond what you are being punished for.

No offense taken, you were very polite. The God I believe in is just and loving, so you will only get what you deserve in the end. Keep on visiting this forum, it will help you in your understanding of God.

Also, is it necessary to attend church to avoid Hell?

No, it is necessary to attend church with God in your heart to become closer to Him. Think about it, if you never visited your friends, wouldn't you drift apart? Church is like visiting a friend's house, and prayer is like calling that friend. That Friend is very suttle though, so we must listen carefully.

And should all our actions in life be solely to avoid eternal damnation? Because that would mean we don't actually mean anything we do.

Another excellent question. You shouldn't be looking at life as a way to avoid Hell, but as a way to understand yourself and find your way to God. He has given all who ask a unique path to Him, seek it. Form your beliefs and your reasons for them, keep an open mind... I'm driting off topic. Our ultimate goal is to be worthy of eternal life, not to escape damnation, but it is also to give back to God what He has so graciously given to us... ourselves! There is another reason to follow His word, it's beneficial to your life. Next week I will begin explaining how the Ten Commandments and other Christian beliefs are actually techniques to make you a happy, self-fulfilled person. They're not stupid rules just there for our convenience, they are actually there to create a Utopian society. I hope what I said helped you... and if not, I apologize... God Bless!

Response to NG Church 2004-10-31 22:14:51

At 10/31/04 01:11 AM, Sticknstab wrote: Hello, I'm just a random person who happened to notice one of your links to a page describing Hell.

I'm glad someone read it.

Nothing a mere human could do could ever possibly be worth ETERNITY in Hell.

Remember dude, while God is a loving God, He is also a strict God. He is giving you the way to avoid hell. All you have to do is to accept Jesus into your heart and to follow His word. Thats the way to avoid hell.

If you dont take His offer than you lose, thats all there is to it. Any crime that He deems wrong is an eternity in Hell.

Response to NG Church 2004-10-31 22:18:15

At 10/31/04 10:13 PM, CapnJack wrote: what you're writing right now about Muslims is very biased and untrue.

That wasnt my Sermon. I wanted to put up one on Halloween, that was one by Joe Bedy (look at the bottom of the sermon)

Response to NG Church 2004-10-31 23:21:43

hey, i noticed ng church a while ago but i didnt bother to come into until now, so, can i join as a protestant presbytarian?(i think that's how you spell it)
...wait (to crusader) are you catholic?
if you are , can you tell the main differences between our religions?

Response to NG Church 2004-11-01 17:37:56

I withdraw what I said about Muslims, because I realized today that Muslims are pretty vicious to Christians... I only got pissed because I HATE generalizations. Wouldn't any of you get pissed off if I was ignorant enough to say a true American loves football and war? I have a question to DivineCrusader, can the sermons be related to anything in Christianity? The differences of the variatious Christian groups, the Ten Commandments... or only Biblical teachings?

Response to NG Church 2004-11-01 18:03:11

all newb's join in our forums dude's!

*Kill lucifer!!!!!!!!!!!*

Response to NG Church 2004-11-01 19:43:10

At 10/31/04 10:13 PM, CapnJack wrote:

I hope what I said helped you... and if not, I apologize... God Bless!

Thank you, it was very helpful, and you're right, the Bible does have a lot of good advice. There's just one last thing I'd like to know about Divine Crusader's page on Hell: The eight-foot long tube worms described as being the physical bodies of the damned cannot survive in magma, and they do not live forever, making eternal damnation in that form impossible. How do you explain this? Also, if they are found on the ocean floor, did they not escape Hell? I guess being a worm would still be Hell, but why would God even allow them to get out of the geographic location of Hell? Or was I not supposed to take that literally, and rather as just a descriptionon of how Hell COULD be? Maybe I should stop concerning myself with avoiding Hell, and focus more on doing positive things, but I was really disturbed about being an eight-foot long tube worm in a pool of magma. I mean, just being a worm, or just being in a pool of magma, maybe, but both, that's just got to suck.

Response to NG Church 2004-11-01 22:53:53

At 11/1/04 07:43 PM, Sticknstab wrote: Whats up with the worms?

Well the first thing I'll have to tell you is I didnt make that site. I was just looking at Hell descriptions and found that, I liked it so much that I decided to put that in my sig.

Second the Bible talks about the worms, and the maker of the site gives example of ones that might prove Hell. I'm not 100% sure, try emailing the guy that made the site.

I have a question to DivineCrusader, can the sermons be related to anything in Christianity? The differences of the variatious Christian groups, the Ten Commandments... or only Biblical teachings?

Anything under the sun, as long as it is Christian.

can i join as a protestant presbytarian?(i think that's how you spell it)

Sure, Welcome abord

...wait (to crusader) are you catholic?

No, but I could help you on a few Catholic questions if you want.

can you tell the main differences between our religions?

They Virgin Mary isnt as glorfied in Prot. as it is in Cath.
There isnt one on one confession in Prot.
Prot. dont belive they only way you can talk to God is through a Preacher.
There are many more.
(if I got any wrong please feel free to correct me, or add to that)

Response to NG Church 2004-11-01 23:44:31

At 10/31/04 01:11 AM, Sticknstab wrote: Stuff.

well I get your view on hell but you are a bit mislead. For one all hell is is eternal seperation from God. All that talk about fire an darkeness are just figurative,now I AM NOT saying people dont suffer in hell they do but it is only like missing out on something great and being sorry for youe sins. So you see people will suffer emotional pain in different degrees according to how bad they have sined. Also people dont suffer forever it is untill there debt is payed. They dont go to heaven but they are not in torment eather its kinda like eternal disappointment after that. So you see the punishing of hell isnt forever but the punishment is. I hope this helps

Priest of Anubis and guardian of the NOX.

I'm a heavy drinking, chain smoking, foul mouthed sailor and guess what Im dating your SISTER!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Church 2004-11-02 00:03:21

Well, I am finally back everyone.

First of all, I would like to post a few replies.

At 10/31/04 12:41 AM, Joic wrote: Stuff.

While I was away and unable to access the internet, God 'told' me to post this message for you Joic once I got back:

God has reminded me that it is not our place as humans to try to force or make you or anyone else see the errors of your ways in your beliefs. That is something that God will handle, and God will forgive many of those who have strayed from him.

At 10/27/04 09:22 PM, CapnJack wrote: I liked that sermon but, although I myself am not a homosexual, I don't think that it is a sin to be gay, I just think it is a sin to act on homosexual feelings.

I am glad that you have brought up this subject, because it just so happens that God also imparted some wisdom about that subject while I was away.

Here is what that bit of wisdom that God imparted upon was:

When God said that marriage should be between a man and a woman, He basically meant just that. 'Should'.

"Marriage is a bit like popcorn. It should be cooked a certain way for the best results, but it can still be almost as good when cooked other ways. Either way the popcorn is just as edible, although one way may be distasteful to other people."
- God

I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend to be one of those deaf-mutes.

Response to NG Church 2004-11-02 00:26:03

Here is an awesome story written by William Holley about how even a truly evil person can return to the light of God and be forgiven by God.

From Darkness to Light

Ederan sat alone on the cold stone, the sun coming into view warming his body and glinting off his bloodstained armor. His gaze was distant and his thoughts elsewhere.

He marched with the demons of his own making, spawned from the evil his body housed, toward the ranks of the men sent to defend the town. Ederan gave out a war cry and the monstrosities charged forward, Ederan could see the fear in the men’s eyes as the horde came closer and closer. The lines clashed, man and demon fell to the earth dead or dying. Ederan swathed a path of destruction and death through the human ranks cutting down any man foolish enough to stand in his way.

The day went on, the blood flowed like streams from open wounds turning the field into a marsh of death. The humans faltered and ran from the demons as they charged after them, blood lust fueling their speed. But the demons came to a halt, blocking their passage stood a lone figure, a gray-haired old man wearing tarnished armor, a battered helm and shield, holding an ancient rusted blade. He had a sad look about him, as if a close friend had betrayed him, he poised himself and the demons snarled and snapped but none would advance. Ederan disgusted marched to the front to face the old man.

“By what power do you hold my demons at bay old man,” Ederan yelled to the old man. The old man stood silent, or was he? Ederan listened closely and he could hear the old man praying. “Ha! Your God has abandoned you old fool, look around, evil has triumphed, I have the field,” Ederan said mocking the old man. The old man raised his sword and a ring of light surrounded him passing from the old helm to the boots of the old armor. New life was breathed into the armor, the rust fell like sand to reveal armor made of the purest silver, his helm shined in the sun and his sword glowed with an unworldly light. The demons shrieked and dissolved before Ederan’s eyes, nothing was left on the field except the bodies of the fallen warriors. Anger swept over Ederan, he charged the old man, sword held high poised to draw the life from the feeble old man. He swung and his sword was met, the cold ring of steel rang out across the field, the old man held Ederan’s sword in place. “God is my ally, he will never abandon me, and he has not abandoned you either Ederan,” the old man whispered.

Ederan awoke with a start, he sat on the same cold rock, his armor still clung to his body. Ederan stood; the old man’s words rang in his head like church bells, “and he has not abandoned you either Ederan.” Ederan looked at his armor, he slowly took it off and threw it over the cliff-side. He turned to leave and nearly bumped into an old man standing behind him. He was dressed in rags, and wore a plain wooden cross around his neck. “Why did you throw a perfectly good set of armor over the cliff,” the old man asked bewildered. Something was wrong, there was a glint of hope in the old man’s eyes. “It reminds me of the evil side of me and what I have done,” Ederan said looking at the old man quizzically. “Then take this my friend, it will be all the armor you will ever need,” the old man said as he removed his wooden cross and handed it to Ederan. Ederan took the cross and put it on, immediately light poured from the cross and engulfed Ederan, he felt a slight weight fall upon his body, and a new strength filled his soul. When the light subsided and Ederan could see the old man was gone, in his place there was a beautiful sword rooted in the ground. His body was covered in armor, ornate silver armor, and hanging from his neck was a gold cross. In his head he could hear the old man again, “I will never abandon you, my son.” Ederan grasped the sword and pulled it from the ground, engraved in the blade was a single word, it was Ederan’s new name, and the name he would use to cleanse and convert the land, ‘Paladin’.

Response to NG Church 2004-11-02 06:47:13

At 11/1/04 11:44 PM, TigerDemon wrote: well I get your view on hell but you are a bit mislead. For one all hell is is eternal seperation from God. All that talk about fire an darkeness are just figurative

I'm sorry to tell you man, but Hell is eternal suffering. The people in Hell are tormented day and night with no rest. Including be seprated from God.

Response to NG Church 2004-11-02 11:15:20

At 11/2/04 06:47 AM, DivineCrusader wrote:

::

I'm sorry to tell you man, but Hell is eternal suffering. The people in Hell are tormented day and night with no rest. Including be seprated from God.

I never said that it wasnt suffering but it is not literal flame and what not. You should read the book Case for Faith by Lee Stroble it can explain better than I.

I'm a heavy drinking, chain smoking, foul mouthed sailor and guess what Im dating your SISTER!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Church 2004-11-02 12:00:27

isn't hell and heaven spiritual places for spiritual beings
and isn't being seperated from God (death) eternally torture in itself? i dont doubt that theres fire and stuff like that, but i dont think its like how the artists depict it...

Response to NG Church 2004-11-02 22:49:53

At 11/2/04 11:15 AM, TigerDemon wrote: I never said that it wasnt suffering but it is not literal flame and what not.

It is

You should read the book Case for Faith by Lee Stroble it can explain better than I.

Or you could read the Bible. It explains it much better than Lee Stroble.

Response to NG Church 2004-11-02 23:02:30

My friend I DO read the Bible and not all of the language in it is literal. Some of it is figurative. Every thing Lee Stroble writes is based off the best theologins and biblical historians of our time and all of this is backed up by the bible. Now if you dont mind I ask your permission to debate this topic with you. I am a youth leader in my chuch so its not like I am uninformed. So to debate with some one as knowlegable with you will be a great learning experiance.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Church 2004-11-02 23:06:45

At 11/2/04 11:02 PM, TigerDemon wrote: Now if you dont mind I ask your permission to debate this topic with you.

Sure a debate with you would be fine with me. We'll have to start tomorrow, as I am getting kicked of my computer right now. (its in my parents room and my dad is tring to sleep). So lets start tomorrow.

Response to NG Church 2004-11-02 23:08:45

Ok I look forward to it. I also admire what you are doing here on NG I am glad to see some one standing up for the word of the Lord. So I ask to join as well as debate.
Tiger

BBS Signature

Response to NG Church 2004-11-03 00:55:14

Does anyone here know of anything written in the Bible about demons from Hell?

More specifically, big demonic dogs and them appearing around the time of the apocalypse.

I would really appreciate it if anyone here could help me find information on that subject. This is because some very large demon dogs have been stalking a friend of mine.